Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants (9447 Views)

Things A Typical Yoruba When Say When Igbo Attack And Do Not Attack Hausas. / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by asorocker: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2011
Some posts here sound funny, I have lived all over nigeria and have this to say. The mend boys are a thousand times richer and smarter than the boko haram boys , in the event of both meeting in a battle field your guess is as good as mine.

Well boko haram has been goin around bombing churches and military and police barracks. Mend will likely reply by bombing mosques during friday jumat and bombing places hausa/fulani live in large numbers.
This is a great  build up to 2015 if your remember what the core north did to benue , plateau and southern kaduna people then you can tell that the middle belt will eigther be neutral or back the ss .

Mind you posters there are igbos in SS, remembering how militancy and kidnapping got out of hand when igbos got involved , my mind tells me igbo involvement is the last straw.
I wonder how the core  north will escape this impending doom.
9 states VS 18 states of SS , SE, MB,

Hausa/fulani vs igbos, Nigerdelta and middlebelters. The clouds are already gathering and very soon the storm will be let loose.

It is left for the hausa/fulani to bow miltarily before the war games start just the way the bowed (politically) to PDP even when southern corpers and christians left their core north.

They still voted PDP instead of CPC even after corpers and christian left the north. They should also submit militarily before the first shot is fired by mend and is echoed through middlebetl and south east.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2011
Maple:

Now Im even more convinced Mend and Boko Haram are not even to be compared.

So you mean say those crazy BH "abokis" are using their "suya knifes" and "few guns" to carry out incessant bombings of innocent people abi? grin

No. My point is that MEND have a cause for which they are fighting for. However, Boko Haram does not (at least no clear reason). MEND does not kill just for fun without a purpose, while Boko haram does.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Rhino5dm: 8:33am On Apr 30, 2011
Did i strike a raw nerve? Keep on blabbing until you smell the coffea.

This is how your brothers were daring the Almajiri's on this forum with all sorts of mouth watering threats grin

Until there were killed like chickens without any resistance.

what more do you expect from cowards. . .Dude have you said your morning prayers?

Dede1:

You are one of the most moronic imbeciles on this board. I pity your parents for efforts invested in you yet the outcome remains socio-politically regrettable and futile.

I lived in Yoruba land and would say no ethnic group holds monopoly to stupidity but you appeared to be an exception to the fact. Granted you are pale with historical facts, Ndigbo hold the act of not killing their guest to the highest esteem. Anybody or group of persons that gleefully kills guests or visitors is a pitiful coward and demented hooligan.

During the 1966 pogrom in the northern region of Nigeria, easterners in general and Ndigbo in particular would have visited the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Tiv, Nupe, Berom, Gwari, Angas, Igala, Idoma and Bachama who settled in eastern region with death. But easterners were not petty hoodlums who would harm their guests rather they gave their guests free passage to northern region.

However, easterners were willing to meet any region of the federation in battle field. Most westerners and northerners, learned or soldiers, who joined other Nigerians and people of distant nationalities to precipitate a war against Ndigbo and Biafrans would readily inform not to wake the sleeping lion. I am not use to chest- beating but will reiterate there is no single ethnic group in Nigeria that could cross a war path with Ndigbo and live to tell the tales.

By the way, you can continue to wallow in idiocy.    

Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Omen100(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2011
I think is high time we stop this madness, if only anyone of understand the nature of war,you all will start begging God almighty to interve at this moment, those of us south-south people living other part should distance ourselves from the davilish mend, ijaws don't live aside the delta region & I don't know if the igbos have lost their priorities, why will the igbos associates themselves with such carnage, I am an Urhobor, I think this mends or the ijaws asking for too much.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by baslone: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2011
nwanna89:

No. My point is that MEND have a cause for which they are fighting for. [/b]However, Boko Haram does not (at least no clear reason). MEND does not kill just for fun without a purpose, while Boko haram does.

nwanna89:

Don't compare MEND to boko haram. Believe me. Those MEND boys are no jokers. Boko Haram is made up of "abokis" with suya knives and maybe a few guns. MEND guys are a force on their own. The only difference is that, [b]MEND has an objective, which ultimately includes peace (as long as the gov't ceases to neglect the Niger Delta).
On the other hand, Boko Haram does not have peace in its agenda.

Whats with all these packaging?

MEND is a criminal organization.It's a group that consist of hired killers,
armed robbers, kidnappers ,drug peddlers, 419ners,despoiler, bunkerers, etc.
It aint no difference between MEND, Boko Haram, Maitesine, etc-

Every criminal arrested for any offence in the SS always claim to be an ex-militant!

ALL GUILTY!!!
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2011
Don't compare MEND to boko haram. Believe me. Those MEND boys are no jokers. Boko Haram is made up of "abokis" with suya knives and maybe a few guns. MEND guys are a force on their own. The only difference is that, MEND has an objective, which ultimately includes peace (as long as the gov't ceases to neglect the Niger Delta). On the other hand, Boko Haram does not have peace in its agenda.

No. My point is that MEND have a cause for which they are fighting for. However, Boko Haram does not (at least no clear reason). MEND does not kill just for fun without a purpose, while Boko haram does.

Most people do not  know for sure what BH has in its agenda. However, they mean business and it would be naive to say they are not fighting for a cause. Unlike Mend, they are not youtube or publicity savy. From their incessant nefarious activities so far, it is widely known that they dont value their lives nor that of anybody, they've been targeting their own people (whom they've been killing with impunity) so far.  Their new "doctrine" now is never to be caught alive; few weeks ago some BH crazies in Maiduguri machine-gunned innocent people on the street, and shot themselves afterwards; a clear case of "suicide-gunning".  If these crazies are fearless, and are dying to kill their own people , so you could imagine what they would do to Mend (bunch of career militants whose objective is PEA$$$   grin) or havoc they could cause down south.  If - God forbid -  Mend dares challenge them for a duel,  the road from Maiduguri to Yenagoa  would be so jammed with traffic.  Infact,  fighting may break out among the Boko Haramites for no reason order than for who would have the "honor" of joining the long list of suicide bombers to be sent down south. grin 

All these hullaballoo Mend is making, is another way of asking GEJ for an increase in their "amnesty" alawi  grin

Boko Haram with  their so-called "suya knives" and "few guns" , in Maiduguri,  they fought and beat back 2 army battalions sent by Yar'adua; it took 2 more battalions before they were crushed. Hundreds of soldiers and police,  as well as over a thousand BH terrorists died in that encounter.  Just few days after the Boko Haram crises, MEND declared "indefinite ceasefire" and immediately entered into negotiation with Yar'adua to put down their arms - you know why? Because, they are bunch of pussies who were smart enough to figured out that, Yar'adua was treating them with kid-gloves prior to the BH crises, but  having fiercely dealt with bunch of die-hard terrorists in the north,  had a good justification to come after their(Mend) a$$ with an iron fist; hence they succumbed like the bunch of sissies they are, turning up their weapons and running to every TV station available to broadcast how they've renounce violence and would never take up weapons again and so on, very pathetic show, almost to the point of kissing Yar'adua's a$$ grin
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by baslone: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2011
Maple:

(bunch of career militants whose objective is PEA$$$ grin).

PEACE INDEED! wink
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by LeMolar: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2011
If Buhari is arrested, nothing will happen —Asari Dokubo
By WOLE BALOGUN
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Asari

More Stories on This Section

Leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujadhadi Asari Dokubo, has said that presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, should be arrested and prosecuted over the riots that claimed lives and properties in the North.
Speaking with Saturday Sun, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Dokubo said that the violence in the North could have been caused by what Buhari said when he voted on April 16. He also spoke on other issues.

What is your feeling about President Jonathan’s victory in the presidential poll?
It is a very great achievement and I think he deserves it. He won fair and square. He won overwhelmingly in four zones of the six zones and made significant inroads in the two other zones, winning Taraba and Adamawa, in the North East zone and this election is better than Abiola’s. It showed the overwhelming support of the people of the South for the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan. When Abiola contested, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Anambra and Imo states did not vote for him. They voted for Tofa. But in this election, the people of the South overwhelmingly voted for Goodluck Jonathan. The people of the North Central of Kwara, Kogi, Benue, and Nasarawa also voted for him. This shows the preponderance of these zones. Over 90 per cent of the ethnic nationalities that were forcefully conscripted into Nigeria supported Jonathan and this is a good omen for all of us. It shows that those who refuse and who have always considered themselves born to rule, going by what Orkar said during his coup, do not want to be part of us.

Which people are you saying in particular?
I mean those rioting.

What is your reaction to the carnage that trailed the elections?
I think it is unfortunate; but they acted true to type. The bloodletting and senseless killing were premeditated. All signs of pre-plan war were there. Why is it that youth corps members were singled out for attack in Niger, Bauchi, Kaduna, Gombe and Kano? Why were they going to the youth corps members’ lodge if there was no communication among them? Statements made by Buhari did not help matters. I watched Buhari on the day of elections, on Ajazeera, where he said that the polls had been rigged but that he was not going to court. He said that if his party wants to go to court, it should. They thought that they could intimidate Jonathan and INEC. They thought that INEC would not continue to announce the results. Why didn’t Buhari say that 2003 and 2007 elections were rigged? The 2007 elections were adjudged the worst. His kinsman, Yar’Adua, was declared winner. Why didn’t he decry rigging then? Why didn’t the North riot? Why didn’t he reject the National Assembly elections? It is obvious that this carnage was planned and Buhari should be help responsible. In fact, the CPC, his party, is culpable.

What agenda would you set for President Jonathan after May 29?
The most fundamental agenda that should be before Jonathan is the convocation of a sovereign national conference. We must sit down and address even the aftermath of the elections and the events after the elections. The post-election violence has clearly shown that we cannot be together and there is an urgent and compelling need for us to sit down and discuss, in a conference, how we are going to live together or pull apart, as it has happened in Sudan. Also, in the short time, Jonathan must have zero-tolerance for corruption. There should be good governance, following the rule of law strictly. He must also cut down wasteful expenditures. Why should there be so many cars in the villa? It should be reduced. Why should his aides live in hotels? He should cut down on foreign trips. He should look at the contract papers and cancel padded contracts and, therefore, give the wealth back to the people. He should ensure his energy programme works and should enhance transportation by constructing and rehabilitating roads. He should open up the country. All these should be in the front burner and he must be just to all.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has called for Buhari’s arrest. What is your reaction?
I think that Buhari’s arrest is overdue. There must be somebody held responsible for the painful loss of the lives of young ones and innocent peoples, especially the youth corps members because their parents sent them to school and they have gone to serve their country. They conducted elections that have been adjudged free and fair, but a man decided to send his mob out to kill people. Somebody should be punished for the atrocities credited to the CPC. If you look at it critically, Jonathan won overwhelmingly in the North Central, South West and South South, South East. The respect some of us have for Buhari has been lost.

After the elections, I saw him on the screen saying that ballot papers were being flown and thumbprinted. Who was he telling that rubbish? Did they need to thumbprint ballot papers and fly it when, in unit per unit, you can easily thumbprint ballot papers? So, how can somebody just manufacture a lie like that, a lie that even my smallest daughters cannot believe? I have been involved in elections. Ballot papers are thumb-printed at the units. They can go and hide in some places, close to the units and snatch the ones in the units, to replace them. So, such lie by Buhari is ingenious.

They planned the reaction, and the carnage to test us. Unfortunately, we did not react. It is not that we cannot react. They know that we are capable of reacting and if we react, they would look foolish. Buhari never campaigned, from the start. Jega, the INEC and the North prepared to rig elections and that was why the North was given more registered voters than the South. The tentative INEC voters’ register had 60 million voters, but instead of the figure coming down, after the verification, which saw the removal of double registrations etc, the North’s registered voters surprisingly went up and we now have 73 million. Extra votes were added in the North because they thought that Buhari never needed our votes. He was only banking on a run-off, which would be after the first ballot, where he requires a single majority to win. So, he never needed the votes of the other tribes: the Efik, Igbo, Yoruba or Ijaw.

He thought that there was a monolithic North that would give him victory in a run-off.
As far as we are concerned, somebody must be responsible for the carnage and be prosecuted. We cannot continue to indulge this barbarous, murderous mob in the North. Each time they carry out the carnage, we sweep it under the carpet; that cannot continue. If we also had to vent our anger in the same manner, they would lose more than us, because there are more of their people in our midst. But we cannot do it, because being a Muslim I find it very difficult to take the life of a fellow Muslim. We found ourselves in a quagmire. My family and my children and many of my people are Muslims. The Imam in my house is from Maiduguri. So, am I going to kill him? The man teaching my children, in my school, is from Maiduguri and I cannot kill him. My people see me as a leader; so the northerners and Muslims among us see me as their brother and a leader.

It is really unfortunate. People like Buhari should not be allowed to be moving freely after that carnage. They should be brought to book, to show that they are not above the law. The president must assert his power and arrest the man; nothing will happen. I repeat, nothing will happen. The worst they have done is the killing of innocent people and they cannot do that any more. If they do more, they know that others would not fold their hands and watch.

The Igbo hope to take over from Jonathan in 2015, which explains why they voted for him. Is this possible?
I don’t believe that the majority of the Igbo voted for Jonathan because power should be given to them in 2015. There is no where the Igbo sat down with him to discuss that. But I believe that naturally, for equity and justice, power should go to the Igbo in 2015. If we want to run a country that is balanced and equitable, where justice reigns supreme, then we must look at the number of years ruled by each of the zones. The most disadvantageous zone now is the South East. They have held executive powers for less down one year. And naturally everybody should concur and give them political power. And I am totally in support of that. I would be in the forefront to fight for that, even as we should continue to go into convocation of a sovereign national conference. In the interim, I believe that every one of us, in all the zones, should work together in the same way they worked together to elect Jonathan, to give power to the South East, even by the so called zoning. The North Central has ruled, with Yakubu Gowon. Murtala Muhammed, Sani Abacha, Shehu Shagari came from North East. We had Tafawa Bafewa and Yar’Adua from North West. After the South South, the South East is the most disadvantaged.

What in your opinion will cause Nigeria to break up?
It is the continuous act of impunity, on the part of the people from the North West, the Hausa Fulani and those who have been collaborating with them. The act of impunity has continued. They cancelled an election that was widely believed to have been won by a South western, MKO Abiola, in 1993, murdered him and we accepted it. They committed pogrom with the Igbo, in the civil war and there is a continued act of genocide every time. But we cannot continue to condone this, because they are signs that they cannot continue to be with us. This was what Gideon Orkar said in his attempted coup. We cannot continue to condone people who think that they would continue to rule us. They think that they have better right to lead us and this has nothing to do with religion.
I don’t know how many northerners are better Muslims than my children and I. The only way to stay together is to see us as equals. So, there are people who talk about Zaria and others, but in a federal nations, where there are many nations, in a heterogeneous nation, like ours, every one would be allowed to practise his beliefs. And where the Muslims are in the majority they have a right to sharia. No law can be imposed on theirs. So, it is mutual respect that is lacking with these people in the North West and the North East.

What would make you and the Niger Delta Volunteer Force to go back to the creeks?
I don’t think that we are contemplating that. Jonathan is president; we supported him and we worked for him. We would continue to stand with him, not because he is good luck but because we believe in him. He represents our interests and we are going to protect that interest. We will continue to demand and advocate the convocation of a sovereign national conference, which was our primary objective and fundamental demand before Goodluck Jonathan came to power. We will continue to press for this, but in a very peaceful way. There will be no need for us to go to the creeks’ no need whatsoever.

Members of your group used to say that they had one more river to cross. What is that river and have you crossed it?
No, we are at the shores, and I think the activities, the acts of impunity taking place and engineered by the Hausa-Fulani of the North would provide the boat for us to cross to our destination of reclaiming our stolen sovereignty.

What do you mean by stolen sovereignty?
Yes, the British people came and signed protectorate treaties with our forebears, which gave birth to various independent nations, even among the Ijaws. I am from an independent state called the Kalabas, the kingdom of Kalabari. We signed treaties with them. Other nations, include the Ishekiris and all these nations, signed protectorate treaties with the British, but those treaties were jettisoned when the British imposed colonialism on us. In 1914, they said that they had amalgamated us with people we don’t even know, without even seeking our consent. So that is the stolen sovereignty that we are fighting for. And we would fight until we get it back.

Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi, once recommended division of Nigeria along North and South line. What is your reaction to that suggestion?
The respected comrade brother, might not have the full information. Those of us who have been in the progressive front and who have had to meet with him on several occasions have educated him on this. It is not possible to divide Muslim-Christian South/North. We have said that there must be a sovereign national conference. He is right in his demands, because we are not the same. I don’t see any affinity between me and an Hausa or Fulani man. Even with religion, as Muslims, he does not consider me as his brother; so why should I consider somebody who does not consider me as his brother? A people must unanimously decide to live together; we have not done that and until we do that, through a conference, we may continue to have problem. What Gaddafi said does not arise.

If a military coup sacks Jonathan, how would you want the Niger Delta in particular and Nigeria, in general to react?
I don’t even want to hear about it. It would never happen and if it happens, we are going to retaliate in one million fold. They should never attempt it. Obasanjo stayed and completed his tenure and left. Yar’Adua stayed and completed his tenure. God took him. So, Jonathan will also stay and continue his tenure. It is only God and the people who voted him by the constitution that can remove him. The consequence of using extraneous means to remove him cannot be imagined.

What if he dies in office?
That is in the hands of God. But we are praying that he should be alive because we believe he is going to be the best person to rule this country. He is the most acceptable person. He is the one that the people of this country have given their mandate freely and fairly and we pray to God to preserve his life for us. But any attempt to truncate his regime and tamper with his life will be met with the greatest resistance ever imagined.

What is your appraisal of the amnesty programme?
I am not a militant and I am not competent to answer that question, but if there is such a programme, it is okay. After all, the government has been doing this to one section. They have nomadic and almajiri education. But the amnesty has no legal backing, because none of the people being given amnesty has been found by the law to have committed any crime. And people should not be criminalised for standing up for their rights, for standing up against the fraudulent confiscation of our land and embezzlement of our national resources.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by baslone: 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2011
That dude is smoking weed!!!!
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by henry101(m): 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2011
Orikinla:

I DEY LAUGH OH!

Wetin Biafra no fit do, na em una won try in the 21st century.

Na Suicide mission.

There are more well trained soldiers of northern Muslims than those from the southern states.

One battalion of Hausa Muslim soldiers can take over the Niger Delta in 30 days

PLEASE, WE SHOULD GROW UP.

THIS IS NOT THE 20TH CENTURY.
THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.

SELF PRESERVATION IS THE BEST POLICY IN LIFE AND IT BEGINS BY KNOWING YOUR LIMITATIONS IN LIFE.

Trash.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by tundesto(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2011
Let them carry out their threat. I'm in support. If the South does not retailate the constant killing and maiming of its people in the North, the North will not learn their lesson and will continue to take the South for granted. Who knows that the next attack over there will be your relative?
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by tundesto(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2011
Let them carry out their threat. I'm in support. If the South does not retailate the constant killing and maiming of its people in the North, the North will not learn their lesson and will continue to take the South for granted. Who knows that the next attack over there will be your relative?
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Myself2(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2011
No need for that guys,but Mr President should get to the root of that madness and let the law punish the sponsors
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2011
if u no know anything about MEND no dey talk about wetin MEND fit do and wetin dem no fit do. if they don't do it its not because they don't have the balls its because they still got conscience unlike the cows in the north
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by distinkt1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2011
are we evn discussin diz?hw bout we let afghanistans lead us on.y'al are deb8in violence lyk itz some progressv izh:mend n boko rubish who iz deadlier?datz not rli sthn we should be discussin
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by BetaThings: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2011
Beaf:

Basically, they are seeking excuses to launch country wide actions. ND people generally feel very cheated, brutalised and violated by the core-North, so its like a tinder box, especially with the highly id!otic noises Buhari has made about SE/SS elections, the Ciroma zoning rubbish, and the recent killings in the core-North.

IMHO, the threat will come to nothing in the end, not because the boys lack the spirit, but because the FG is alpha and omega, it will make it known to them that it can take care of its own shyte, and they will be hunted down for any crimes they commit as Nigerian citizens.
The only real way the militants can go after Hausa's, is if they declare independence and go back to war, that ain't happening soon. However, the call by the militants is very eyecatching, it adds extra pressure and diversity to calls for Buhari's arrest from the likes of Oritsejafo and Wole Soyinka. There have also been weighty calls to caution Buhari from the likes of Gani's son. The calls are coming in thick and fast, they will very likely prove impossible to overlook.
Where is Dokpesi, the "Oct 1st text message Bomber"? Free, Free!
Where is Atiku - the one you called a thief? Free, Free!
Where is Tinubu, the one you always called a thief? Free, Free!
Let the calls come fast, they will peter out! What about Soyinka's call that Omisore should not become senator from prison
If Jonathan is yet to jail people who assumed responsibility for Oct 1st blast, how can he arrest those denying involvement
Because some people called for arrest? please
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by odumchi: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2011
My brother God Bless you for that post. You are among the most honest people I have met on NL. The truths are evident; people are getting wary of each other, and frustration is growing among all so called "Nigerian" peoples wether it be the: Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas, Fulani, Ibibio, Kanuri, Ijaw, Ogoni, Bini, Igalas, Efik, Kalabari, and others that I have not mentioned.

We were not bound on our own will, but rather by the will of a foreign white man who "conquered" our lands. They united us without thought of religious, ethnic, linguistic and cultural distinctions. Before the proper foundation of "a united Nigeria" there was a Islamic Confederation of Northern Nigeria and a Southern Nigeria effectively divided into : Yoruba, Igbo, and Calabari zones which extended into modern day Cameroun. I believe that the only way to solve this endless violence is by asking for a consensus of wether or not we all should remain in this Nigeria.
I am sure that this would please each and every one of us equally.

Hausa: An Hausa nation would be created and full Islamic law can be posed on the population without any fear of disagreement by possible Christian adversaries.

Igbo: An Igbo nation would be created encompassing all Igboesque and Igbo speaking peoples including: Ibibios, Ijaws, Igbos, Bendels, Igalas, Urhobos etc. This would relieve the population density of Igboland proper and also increase business activities in other areas.

Yoruba: A Yoruba nation would be created encompassing all of the Yoruba city states from Ife to Ogbomosho but giving economic acess to all former "Nigerians" to the commercial seaport of Lagos.

Le Molar:

If Buhari is arrested, nothing will happen —Asari Dokubo
By WOLE BALOGUN
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Asari

Leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujadhadi Asari Dokubo, has said that presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, should be arrested and prosecuted over the riots that claimed lives and properties in the North.
Speaking with Saturday Sun, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Dokubo said that the violence in the North could have been caused by what Buhari said when he voted on April 16. He also spoke on other issues.

What is your feeling about President Jonathan’s victory in the presidential poll?
It is a very great achievement and I think he deserves it. He won fair and square. He won overwhelmingly in four zones of the six zones and made significant inroads in the two other zones, winning Taraba and Adamawa, in the North East zone and this election is better than Abiola’s. It showed the overwhelming support of the people of the South for the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan. When Abiola contested, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Anambra and Imo states did not vote for him. They voted for Tofa. But in this election, the people of the South overwhelmingly voted for Goodluck Jonathan. The people of the North Central of Kwara, Kogi, Benue, and Nasarawa also voted for him. This shows the preponderance of these zones. Over 90 per cent of the ethnic nationalities that were forcefully conscripted into Nigeria supported Jonathan and this is a good omen for all of us. It shows that those who refuse and who have always considered themselves born to rule, going by what Orkar said during his coup, do not want to be part of us.

Which people are you saying in particular?
I mean those rioting.

What is your reaction to the carnage that trailed the elections?
I think it is unfortunate; but they acted true to type. The bloodletting and senseless killing were premeditated. All signs of pre-plan war were there. Why is it that youth corps members were singled out for attack in Niger, Bauchi, Kaduna, Gombe and Kano? Why were they going to the youth corps members’ lodge if there was no communication among them? Statements made by Buhari did not help matters. I watched Buhari on the day of elections, on Ajazeera, where he said that the polls had been rigged but that he was not going to court. He said that if his party wants to go to court, it should. They thought that they could intimidate Jonathan and INEC. They thought that INEC would not continue to announce the results. Why didn’t Buhari say that 2003 and 2007 elections were rigged? The 2007 elections were adjudged the worst. His kinsman, Yar’Adua, was declared winner. Why didn’t he decry rigging then? Why didn’t the North riot? Why didn’t he reject the National Assembly elections? It is obvious that this carnage was planned and Buhari should be help responsible. In fact, the CPC, his party, is culpable.

What agenda would you set for President Jonathan after May 29?
The most fundamental agenda that should be before Jonathan is the convocation of a sovereign national conference. We must sit down and address even the aftermath of the elections and the events after the elections. The post-election violence has clearly shown that we cannot be together and there is an urgent and compelling need for us to sit down and discuss, in a conference, how we are going to live together or pull apart, as it has happened in Sudan. Also, in the short time, Jonathan must have zero-tolerance for corruption. There should be good governance, following the rule of law strictly. He must also cut down wasteful expenditures. Why should there be so many cars in the villa? It should be reduced. Why should his aides live in hotels? He should cut down on foreign trips. He should look at the contract papers and cancel padded contracts and, therefore, give the wealth back to the people. He should ensure his energy programme works and should enhance transportation by constructing and rehabilitating roads. He should open up the country. All these should be in the front burner and he must be just to all.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has called for Buhari’s arrest. What is your reaction?
I think that Buhari’s arrest is overdue. There must be somebody held responsible for the painful loss of the lives of young ones and innocent peoples, especially the youth corps members because their parents sent them to school and they have gone to serve their country. They conducted elections that have been adjudged free and fair, but a man decided to send his mob out to kill people. Somebody should be punished for the atrocities credited to the CPC. If you look at it critically, Jonathan won overwhelmingly in the North Central, South West and South South, South East. The respect some of us have for Buhari has been lost.

After the elections, I saw him on the screen saying that ballot papers were being flown and thumbprinted. Who was he telling that rubbish? Did they need to thumbprint ballot papers and fly it when, in unit per unit, you can easily thumbprint ballot papers? So, how can somebody just manufacture a lie like that, a lie that even my smallest daughters cannot believe? I have been involved in elections. Ballot papers are thumb-printed at the units. They can go and hide in some places, close to the units and snatch the ones in the units, to replace them. So, such lie by Buhari is ingenious.

They planned the reaction, and the carnage to test us. Unfortunately, we did not react. It is not that we cannot react. They know that we are capable of reacting and if we react, they would look foolish. Buhari never campaigned, from the start. Jega, the INEC and the North prepared to rig elections and that was why the North was given more registered voters than the South. The tentative INEC voters’ register had 60 million voters, but instead of the figure coming down, after the verification, which saw the removal of double registrations etc, the North’s registered voters surprisingly went up and we now have 73 million. Extra votes were added in the North because they thought that Buhari never needed our votes. He was only banking on a run-off, which would be after the first ballot, where he requires a single majority to win. So, he never needed the votes of the other tribes: the Efik, Igbo, Yoruba or Ijaw.

He thought that there was a monolithic North that would give him victory in a run-off.
As far as we are concerned, somebody must be responsible for the carnage and be prosecuted. We cannot continue to indulge this barbarous, murderous mob in the North. Each time they carry out the carnage, we sweep it under the carpet; that cannot continue. If we also had to vent our anger in the same manner, they would lose more than us, because there are more of their people in our midst. But we cannot do it, because being a Muslim I find it very difficult to take the life of a fellow Muslim. We found ourselves in a quagmire. My family and my children and many of my people are Muslims. The Imam in my house is from Maiduguri. So, am I going to kill him? The man teaching my children, in my school, is from Maiduguri and I cannot kill him. My people see me as a leader; so the northerners and Muslims among us see me as their brother and a leader.

It is really unfortunate. People like Buhari should not be allowed to be moving freely after that carnage. They should be brought to book, to show that they are not above the law. The president must assert his power and arrest the man; nothing will happen. I repeat, nothing will happen. The worst they have done is the killing of innocent people and they cannot do that any more. If they do more, they know that others would not fold their hands and watch.

The Igbo hope to take over from Jonathan in 2015, which explains why they voted for him. Is this possible?
I don’t believe that the majority of the Igbo voted for Jonathan because power should be given to them in 2015. There is no where the Igbo sat down with him to discuss that. But I believe that naturally, for equity and justice, power should go to the Igbo in 2015. If we want to run a country that is balanced and equitable, where justice reigns supreme, then we must look at the number of years ruled by each of the zones. The most disadvantageous zone now is the South East. They have held executive powers for less down one year. And naturally everybody should concur and give them political power. And I am totally in support of that. I would be in the forefront to fight for that, even as we should continue to go into convocation of a sovereign national conference. In the interim, I believe that every one of us, in all the zones, should work together in the same way they worked together to elect Jonathan, to give power to the South East, even by the so called zoning. The North Central has ruled, with Yakubu Gowon. Murtala Muhammed, Sani Abacha, Shehu Shagari came from North East. We had Tafawa Bafewa and Yar’Adua from North West. After the South South, the South East is the most disadvantaged.

What in your opinion will cause Nigeria to break up?
It is the continuous act of impunity, on the part of the people from the North West, the Hausa Fulani and those who have been collaborating with them. The act of impunity has continued. They cancelled an election that was widely believed to have been won by a South western, MKO Abiola, in 1993, murdered him and we accepted it. They committed pogrom with the Igbo, in the civil war and there is a continued act of genocide every time. But we cannot continue to condone this, because they are signs that they cannot continue to be with us. This was what Gideon Orkar said in his attempted coup. We cannot continue to condone people who think that they would continue to rule us. They think that they have better right to lead us and this has nothing to do with religion.
I don’t know how many northerners are better Muslims than my children and I. The only way to stay together is to see us as equals. So, there are people who talk about Zaria and others, but in a federal nations, where there are many nations, in a heterogeneous nation, like ours, every one would be allowed to practise his beliefs. And where the Muslims are in the majority they have a right to sharia. No law can be imposed on theirs. So, it is mutual respect that is lacking with these people in the North West and the North East.

What would make you and the Niger Delta Volunteer Force to go back to the creeks?
I don’t think that we are contemplating that. Jonathan is president; we supported him and we worked for him. We would continue to stand with him, not because he is good luck but because we believe in him. He represents our interests and we are going to protect that interest. We will continue to demand and advocate the convocation of a sovereign national conference, which was our primary objective and fundamental demand before Goodluck Jonathan came to power. We will continue to press for this, but in a very peaceful way. There will be no need for us to go to the creeks’ no need whatsoever.

Members of your group used to say that they had one more river to cross. What is that river and have you crossed it?
No, we are at the shores, and I think the activities, the acts of impunity taking place and engineered by the Hausa-Fulani of the North would provide the boat for us to cross to our destination of reclaiming our stolen sovereignty.

What do you mean by stolen sovereignty?
Yes, the British people came and signed protectorate treaties with our forebears, which gave birth to various independent nations, even among the Ijaws. I am from an independent state called the Kalabas, the kingdom of Kalabari. We signed treaties with them. Other nations, include the Ishekiris and all these nations, signed protectorate treaties with the British, but those treaties were jettisoned when the British imposed colonialism on us. In 1914, they said that they had amalgamated us with people we don’t even know, without even seeking our consent. So that is the stolen sovereignty that we are fighting for. And we would fight until we get it back.

Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi, once recommended division of Nigeria along North and South line. What is your reaction to that suggestion?
The respected comrade brother, might not have the full information. Those of us who have been in the progressive front and who have had to meet with him on several occasions have educated him on this. It is not possible to divide Muslim-Christian South/North. We have said that there must be a sovereign national conference. He is right in his demands, because we are not the same. I don’t see any affinity between me and an Hausa or Fulani man. Even with religion, as Muslims, he does not consider me as his brother; so why should I consider somebody who does not consider me as his brother? A people must unanimously decide to live together; we have not done that and until we do that, through a conference, we may continue to have problem. What Gaddafi said does not arise.

If a military coup sacks Jonathan, how would you want the Niger Delta in particular and Nigeria, in general to react?
I don’t even want to hear about it. It would never happen and if it happens, we are going to retaliate in one million fold. They should never attempt it. Obasanjo stayed and completed his tenure and left. Yar’Adua stayed and completed his tenure. God took him. So, Jonathan will also stay and continue his tenure. It is only God and the people who voted him by the constitution that can remove him. The consequence of using extraneous means to remove him cannot be imagined.

What if he dies in office?
That is in the hands of God. But we are praying that he should be alive because we believe he is going to be the best person to rule this country. He is the most acceptable person. He is the one that the people of this country have given their mandate freely and fairly and we pray to God to preserve his life for us. But any attempt to truncate his regime and tamper with his life will be met with the greatest resistance ever imagined.

What is your appraisal of the amnesty programme?
I am not a militant and I am not competent to answer that question, but if there is such a programme, it is okay. After all, the government has been doing this to one section. They have nomadic and almajiri education. But the amnesty has no legal backing, because none of the people being given amnesty has been found by the law to have committed any crime. And people should not be criminalised for standing up for their rights, for standing up against the fraudulent confiscation of our land and embezzlement of our national resources.

Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by hakanai(m): 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2011
[b]Again, Buhari dares Jonathan
•Arrest me if you can
From AIDOGHIE PAULINUS, Abuja
Sunday, May 01, 2011
•Buhari
Photo: Sun Publishing

Former Head of State and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, has for the second time in one week challenged President Goodluck Jonathan to arrest him if he could.

Buhari’s daring statement came even as leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari, called for his arrest and prosecution over the riots that claimed lives and property in the North.
Dokubo said: “People like Buhari should not be allowed to be moving freely after that carnage. They should be brought to book to show they are not above the law. The President must assert his power and arrest the man. Nothing will happen. I repeat, nothing will happen.”

The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, made a similar call fror Buhari’s arrest last Sunday.
Speaking through his spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin, Buhari said after all the killings and bombings the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) claimed responsibility for, it took the intervention of a Nobel Laureate to negotiate for them before the President of Nigeria.

“Now, a man for which no crime has been established against, they want him arrested. So, for the last time again, we dare them. Let them go and arrest him,” Odumakin said. He further said that Dokubo-Asari’s call was not surprising as it confirmed the plan for secession of the Ijaw nation.“When there was bomb blast in Abuja on October 1, 2010, MEND claimed responsibility, but the Commander-in-Chief absolved MEND and said he knows those who carried out the bombing. Till date he has not told the nation who those bombers are. Now a man who has condemned violence, who has condemned the killings and went on air to condemn the unfortunate incidents, they are calling for his arrest.

“Nigeria should be aware that there is a small group in this country today that is bent on breaking up this country and they want to use the office of the President of Nigeria, which they have captured by hook or crook, and their antics should be noticed by the Nigerian people.” Responding to the violence that trailed the presidential election, former Deputy Senate President in the botched Third Republic, Albert Legogie, said Nigerian leaders should be held responsible instead of individuals.

According to Legogie, those involved in the violence were mainly street urchins, adding that the violence was unnecessary since it was the best thing that happened to Nigeria since the June 12 presidential election.“I am of the opinion that the violence that followed the presidential election was unnecessary and uncalled for in the sense that the election was reasonably credible, transparent, free and fair. I think it is probably the best we have had in the country since the presidential election of 1992. So, when people started fighting and killing themselves over it, I felt very disappointed.
“I think Nigerians should learn to accommodate themselves; accommodate other people’s religion, other people’s differences and we should learn to live together as members of one big family.

“If you go back again, you find that we still have to hold our leaders responsible for the violence, in the sense that most of these people who sped into the streets and started maiming and killing people are urchins. People that have no homes, people that have no jobs.“They are street urchins. If we had created jobs for these people, if we had created welfare facility for these people, if we had accommodated them in our system, they would not have gone the way they went.

“I listened to a friend who told me that most of them would say oh, look at this one, he is very well-fed, he must look like a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) man. Anybody that was well-fed was a PDP man and they descended on the person.
“So, one of the challenges the President should face right now is to create massive job opportunity for the large number of youths roaming the streets of this country. We can no longer defend it and unless we do it now, we are heading for a major disaster. The killings were just a warning,” the Edo State-born Legogie said.

[/b]
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by cheikh: 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
@Op

bluster grin grin this is from a bunch of blustering "bellyaching" midgets who but for OBJ & Yar Adua's benevolence, a so called "commander" or 'spokesperson'- 'Mujjahid' would be dead in detention. Which serious military opponent gets 'dazzled' by the lure of travelling in a presidential jet but the MEND amateurs lacking any sense of history, basic understanding of "art of war" let alone physical & political awareness of the terrain; who voluntarily handed themselves to their protagonist during so called negotiation etc? Without me giving away basic tactical strategies or even doling out military advice about what to do etc, I'll say categorically that it's crude Bluster. Nigeria is extremely easy to disable militarily and you do not need large number of persons to do it effectively as some non military minded or trained persons in NL may think. All it requires is Discipline, about six weeks of focused planning,  skill or Knowhow grin etc.
Pls don't ask me how etc, wink grin Somehow, I love Naija hence my questionable sympathy grin.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by salykely(m): 2:30am On May 01, 2011
My fellow nairalanders may i be permited to ask, please between a man  who condem d violence and issued a statement that burning of churches and killing was worst than rigging. And GEJ who claim to know those behind d oct 1st bombing and refuse to bring them to justice, please who is guilty and deserve arrest?
Please let us be honest with ourself, in 1993 mko abiola won kano against bashir tofa who is from kano, bt wen the same election was anuled by his best friend (and largest campaign donor) ibb, the yorubas took revenge on d poor hausa man in ibadan, nobody can deny this bc i am a livin witness. Pls dont get me wrong, i am not justifying d killings in d north. I also condem d killings.
This country av a very bad history of pre and post election violence. It is up to a responsible government to garauntee d security of lives and properties  of its citizens. We all will agree that d greatest faillings of this administration is in security.
Was it not the same militant or call them MEND that introduce kidnapin, bombing and other vices alien to our thugs? Tell me what av happened to them, feeding fat wit alawi
let me share a story with u. Back in uniport in abuja campus, these militant once invaded d campus on a frivolious reason dat they av nt being paid for 2 weeks. They shot sporadicly and killed some student while some few others where crushed to death by oil tankers, and they made away wit about 20 girls who return to d hostel after been violated, some were even bleeding. Students went to govt house and demostrated but nothing was done not even a press coverage. That was nt only d atrocity they comited they went as far as kiling some few hausa/fulani's who they claim were yaradua's kinsmen who refuse to pay them.
In responce to their actions the fedral govt paid them all outstanding alawi.
If u doubt my story ask any uniport student in abuja campus back in 2009/2010
please let aproach our problems as NIGERIANS and HUMANBEINGS. And nt individualy as ijaw, yoruba, hausa, ibo et al. Let employ d best part of our humanity as MUSLIMS and CHRISTIANS
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by salykely(m): 2:33am On May 01, 2011
My fellow nairalander violence favour no one. Nigeria is d only country we can lay claim to. Let be civiliz enough to manage our conflict. Many countries av regreted degenerating into civil war. Wen dis country catch fire where we go take refuge. All this problems were created by pdp. Let nt be bais, i dnt favour zoning. But if zoning was agreed upon in pdp why violate it. In contract men are held to their agreement. A breach of agreement is dishonesty. Dnt blame advocates of zoning like ciroma and atiku, if u must blame let blame d pdp who brougth ethnic sentiment into our politics and nt a few who insist on what they av agreed.
Obasanjo defeated buhari in 2003 in one of d most fraudulent elections and nobody was killed. Please dnt u think as i do dat the genesis of this crisis is more of pdp than cpc?
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by zangiff(m): 4:22pm On May 01, 2011
hausas,almajiris,fulanis,islamist,b.Haram,are all evil nd evil to d core.let simply avoid them bcuz they av notin to lose,no education,no job,no future,no family,no business,no hope nd wat they nid is wat they wil eat 4 one day.goshhh,i sent d one in ma house away 4 no reason mind u there are no innocent ones anywere,they r same.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Thatdave(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2011
saly kely:

My fellow nairalanders may i be permited to ask, please between a man  who condem d violence and issued a statement that burning of churches and killing was worst than rigging. And GEJ who claim to know those behind d oct 1st bombing and refuse to bring them to justice, please who is guilty and deserve arrest?

Id!ot!

saly kely:

Please let us be honest with ourself, in 1993 mko abiola won kano against bashir tofa who is from kano, bt wen the same election was anuled by his best friend (and largest campaign donor) ibb, the yorubas took revenge on d poor hausa man in ibadan, nobody can deny this bc i am a livin witness. Pls dont get me wrong, i am not justifying d killings in d north. I also condem d killings.

Mumu!
Is this how to condemn killings?
When the muslim governors involved refused to guarranttee safety of the youth coppers.
And the muslim Police men involved refused to shoot because they dare not obstruct a Jihad!
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by cheikh: 8:27pm On May 01, 2011
awuf2008
The Militant should go ahead and carry out their threat,
so as to put a full stop to this unwarranted and unjust
killings of innocent Christians Citizens in the Northern
Part of the country.
Those people are bunch of gangster
that does not fit to call a human being. They are animal
in human skin.

@awuf2008

So the Militant is now the Christian Army in the Southern part of the Country sad?
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by salykely(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2011
@ thatdave, no point joining issues with you. If u will disagree with me, do that with civility. If them check well, we go discover say na person papa de talk like 16 years old teen in primary 2
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by brushparke(m): 10:29pm On May 01, 2011
You people are all stupid. Is it Goodluck;s duty to \rrest or the police.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by marvix(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2011
The militants have no biz givin out threats, the attacks were not directed to southerners alone but also nationalist northerners who backed the GEJ presidency, let us not lose focus northerners in d south even voted GEJ, nd despite GEJ losing in those states northerners there still voted for him and that was y d margin btw Buhari and GEJ was bearable.

The threat by d militants can not solve any problem, they shld let GEJ rest afta d elections, GEJ knows what he wants to do and he knows how to go about it.

I am lookin forward 2 an interesting 4 years to come so let us not encourage violence or anarchy as none of us will benefit from either situations.
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 02, 2011
and what is Boko Haram fighting for?

a right not to be educated?
undecided
Re: Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants by skelemba: 9:08pm On May 02, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. Tell your friends and family.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Oil Firm Got No Kobo Of Subsidy From Fg -jimoh Ibrahim / Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report / 2015: APC Is Blinded By Desperation For Power – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.