Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas (12714 Views)

Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead / Explosions Rock Wike’s Father’s Church In Port Harcourt / Breaking!! Power Crisis: Senate Rejects Temporary Ban On Generator Importation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 3:13pm On May 22, 2021
The Ogun government has temporarily banned the sale of industrial gas following recent explosions in the state.

Two persons were reportedly injured on Friday morning as a gas explosion occurred at Onikoko area of Abeokuta, the Ogun capital.

On Thursday, a gas explosion occurred at the Olusegun Obasanjo presidential library (OOPL) in Abeokuta, killing one person.

Less than than 48 hours before the OOPL incident, a gas explosion rocked the Conference Hotel opposite the library, claiming two lives.

On May 12, three people, including an infant, were killed, while others sustained injuries, following a gas explosion that occurred in another area of the state capital.

Speaking during a stakeholders meeting in Abeokuta on Friday, Femi Ogunbanwo, the state commissioner for special duties and intergovernmental affairs, said all major stakeholders in the gas sector are expected to abide by the directive.

“Anyone found guilty of selling adulterated gas products or violating safety protocols would have the full weight of the law to contend with,” he added.

He added that Dapo Abiodun, the state governor, has been in consultations with the federal authorities, relevant agencies, and the police to investigate and bring to book whoever is found guilty of sharp practices or negligence that could cause further occurrence.

Also speaking, Ola Oresanya, special adviser to the governor on environment, described the incidents as an ugly development which must be nipped in the bud.

Earlier, a team consisting of Ogunbanwo, Oresanya, Rasaki Ojetola, permanent secretary, ministry of environment, and other government officials had visited different sites of the explosions and some gas plant outlets.

During the visits, two plants in Omida and Idi-Ori in Abeokuta metropolis were sealed off.

In October 2020, following incidents of gas explosions across the country, the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), released new guidelines for the establishment and operations of downstream gas facilities across the country.

https://www.thecable.ng/explosions-ogun-issues-temporary-ban-on-sale-of-industrial-gas

2 Likes

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Prodigee: 3:45pm On May 22, 2021
So after temporarily banning the sale of gas, will you make kerosene or firewood readily available and affordable? Cos I no know wetin you wan make people use cook in this gas age.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Mexzy4sho(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2021
This is funny Sha grin grin grin.
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Twelfthman: 3:46pm On May 22, 2021
Good.
The only problem is implementing government directives or laws in Nigeria. People break laws simple because they have some oga at the top while others bribe their way to the top.
Criminal elements always find a way to bribe officers and continue with nefarious activities.

Speaking during a stakeholders meeting in Abeokuta on Friday, Femi Ogunbanwo, the state commissioner for special duties and intergovernmental affairs, said all major stakeholders in the gas sector are expected to abide by the directive.

“Anyone found guilty of selling adulterated gas products or violating safety protocols would have the full weight of the law to contend with,” he added.
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by iampeterben(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2021
Good move as it is becoming a weekly explosion case. Ban on some sites need to be taken into consideration. Nice one we pray such ugly incident don't repeat itself again.

4 Likes

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by RexTramadol1: 3:46pm On May 22, 2021
So far na industrial
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by ArewaNightmare: 3:47pm On May 22, 2021
grin wickedness
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Sebastine1994(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2021
covid 19 is the cause.

hospitals used up most of the gas in the world to save covid victims.

the remaining 10% of. gas is for industrial usage.

some unscrupulous business men saw the high demand for gas and mixed nonsense to sell to us.

we bought it because it was from abroad, standard organization of nigeria turned a blind eye and allowed substandard goods into Nigeria.

it's the same thing with kerosenes. I almost burnt my face because I was blowing breeze to put of my stove.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Cubalabloo(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2021
It doesn't concern me this time.
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Koryc: 3:47pm On May 22, 2021
Safety first

1 Like

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Andyvilly: 3:48pm On May 22, 2021
Modified.
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Coldshisha: 3:48pm On May 22, 2021
Dumb policy
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by inoki247: 3:48pm On May 22, 2021
lol..

So people in Ogun state will have to start using Firewood, Charcoal and Kerosene now....

Abeg if you know sabi light nd use Firewood or Charcoal abg DM me for training nd training Fees...

Abg na me start d business first oh....

Na confam business be diz now person suppose ship Firewood nd Charcoal go Ogun state now ni to turn Billionaire.....

1 Like

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by merits(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2021
cry may almighty Allah forgive general Athairu and 10 others.

2 Likes

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by jericco1(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2021
Better
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by bsalawu: 3:53pm On May 22, 2021
Industrial not Cooking... read well

Prodigee:
So after temporarily banning the sale of gas, will you make kerosene or firewood readily available and affordable? Cos I no know wetin you wan make people use cook in this gas age.

1 Like

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Goldp5988(f): 3:53pm On May 22, 2021
Noted
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by ednut1(m): 3:54pm On May 22, 2021
Every Tom dick and Harry now do gas and post business. Risky shit but we know why many are going into it
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by design106: 3:54pm On May 22, 2021
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by ayenale1(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2021
Except all the state exec, lawmakers are all using stove, firewood to cook that is when ill take them seriously...the gov cook still use gas this morning, the idiotic element wife banning gas still use gas to cook this morning...the say it for citizens to obey...oga out eyes don open...

1 Like

Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by money121(m): 3:56pm On May 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Ebiz29(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2021
Good call

Please contact me for your sure , cheap and long lasting inverter system, solar panels and electric fence installations. WhatsApp 08165740115
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Grace001: 3:59pm On May 22, 2021
Ban just like that
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by LightUpWithKemi: 3:59pm On May 22, 2021
Ogun state government is just waking up.

Meanwhile, I need support of everyone to watch clips on my YouTube channel (ref my signature), subscribe, comment and share clips with your friends. Thank y'all.
Re: Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas by Nnnena(f): 4:00pm On May 22, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minister: Southern Kaduna Youths Petition Senate Against El-Rufai's Nomination / It Will Be Difficult To Dislodge APC In 2027, Declares PDP / East-west Road: Progress Report With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.