Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? (12664 Views)

Adeboye On Death Of Son, Dare: I Cannot Complain, Blame Or Question God / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Ctorch: 8:10pm On May 22, 2021
Has Life Circumstances Made you complain bitterly against God

Has Life Circumstances Made you complain bittter against God? Is what you are passing through in this life made you complain bittterly against God even to the extent of changing your name.

Let's look at an old testament figure in Ruth chapter one about a woman called Naomi. Naomi left Bethlehem Judah to Moab with her husband and two sons Mahlon and Chilon and there in foreign land the husband and two sons died-- Such a predicament befalling a woman at her age but something happened.

When Naomi began to sojourn back from Moab and if you read Ruth 1 vs 19 “ So they two went until they came to Bethlehem. And it came to pass when were come to Bethlehem that all the CITY WAS MOVED ABOUT THEM AND THEY SAID, IS THIS NAOMI?

Looking at the passage the people were moved and they began to ask questions
1. Is this how life has kept Naomi
2. Is this how Situation/Circumstances has mesmerized this woman
3. Is this how the world has turned against this woman?
4. Is this Naomi that we used to know?
5. Is this how this woman Naomi that left Bethlehem with her husband and two sons nows looks like?
Has people asked such questions to you due to your condition?
The bible said people were moved and started asking questions.

But something happened and Naomi in response in verse 20 said to them “ Do not call me Naomi ( To her Naomi meant something nice, good and noble), Call me Mara ( Bitterness) for the Almighty has dealt bitterly with me.

---Notice the emphasis she laid here “ For the Almighty has...” Her life circumstances has led her to complain bitterly against God.

She didn't stop here but she went further in verse 21 and said “ I went out full and the Lord has brought me home again empty, why then call me Naomi seeing the lord has TESTIFIED against me and the almighty has AFFLICTED me----Very touching.

Here is a woman complaining so bitterly against God due to circumstances inn her life because she thinks all hopes are lost.
Has Circumstances in your life ever made you to complain bitterly against God? Has life situation made you blame God in anyway?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by HealerH: 11:31pm On May 22, 2021
Ehm... I didn't complain... I shouted at God.

When I'm very angry about life, I don't ask God "Why". I give Him that Emmanuella look and tell Him, "You see your life...? "

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by bcomputer101: 3:04am On May 23, 2021
Sometimes ago, I almost renounced religion but grace found me

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Ctorch: 6:30am On May 23, 2021
Let's here your experience
Lalasticlala
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by AntiChristian: 6:33am On May 23, 2021
My believe has always been "what misses me was not meant for me. And what was meant for me will never miss me." Though I strive as much as possible...

Naomi may be right!
I form the light and create the darkness; I bring prosperity and create calamity. I, the LORD, do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:46am On May 23, 2021
It is Always fools who complain.

God already told you that there are 2 lifes out there.

1) life under the Curse of hardship and difficulty, where everyone is! The wide road!

2) Life eternal of Blessings thank fullness, and very very few find it. The Narrow road!

Your Road your choice and it is wickedness to bring God into a matter He has Already solved but you do not want to take the solution. How is it is fault?

7 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by ClitRaider: 9:25am On May 23, 2021
No matter what.. God is good.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Nobody: 9:26am On May 23, 2021
The Lord is our strength

Not easy!

7 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by DropsMic(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2021

Nigeria is proof that even if God exists, he doesn't meddle in the affairs of mere mortals

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by moscobabs(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2021
Yes,sometimes I doubt the existence of God.

But I later realized that he do exist only doing what he wants cos he's unquestionable

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:27am On May 23, 2021
. M

16 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Curious345: 9:27am On May 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Curious345: 9:27am On May 23, 2021
Inside life
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Famocious(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2021
Yes, when I failed my MBBS exam in year 6. First ever resit in Medschool.

I was utterly deflated embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:27am On May 23, 2021
Hmmmmmm

I never knew I could be on that path! It got to an extent I thought I was where I was because of my goodness and capabilities

I said to myself, even those who didn't believe in you are living large, so why should I keep praying and fasting

I hit rock bottom, with all my intelligence I couldn't get anywhere

I connected with Him again, here I am, doing well

The truth is that we are nothing without God! He knows what we are doing, all we need is to constantly staying connected to Him, shunning evil vices!!!

If you question God who is a spiritual being, can you resolve the matter yourself

Who are we to even complain or question God The Author of life and death

Prayer, praises and faith is the key to everlasting relationship with God!

May we never come across problems that will make us lose faith in God Almighty. Amen.

58 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Illuminatiship(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2021
Ok
To avoid 2nd judgement,i hold my peace

2 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by DonCortino: 9:28am On May 23, 2021
Yes, I still dey vex for am sef.

3 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by DMechyy: 9:28am On May 23, 2021
It happens. One will seem like whats the point. Like why the stress, why do we have to struggle and go through pain. Why should we be used in making a point.

In all, you gotta keep faith Alive. God is always good, all the time, matter the circumstances

8 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by nairalee(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2021
I don't complain cos I know that as terrible as it may seem, some people have it worse than I do. So I just look up and say God thank you for everything but please I need a miracle

19 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Kingstanding: 9:30am On May 23, 2021
bcomputer101:
Sometimes ago, I almost renounced religion but grace found me
. You can't be a Christian and still be a religious person. You either be a Christian or a religious person Religion is wicked and bad.

2 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by ladilawal82(m): 9:31am On May 23, 2021
God is always good to me. I've got nothing to complain about.

#In-all-things-give-thanks cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by biilwwu(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2021
No never, He is God of good times and bad times, never change, the same yesterday, today and forever.

3 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by CanisMajor707: 9:32am On May 23, 2021
No God never was, and never will. Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Nobody: 9:33am On May 23, 2021
Yes

1 Like

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Greenicex: 9:33am On May 23, 2021
Oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? / Born Again: This Is The Only Way To Make Heaven / See What Pastor Kumuyi Preached This Morning That Surprised Many.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.