Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North (1040 Views)

Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. / pic: Even Foreigners Are Now In Full Support Of The Freedom Struggle / [graphical] Violence Outbreaks In South Africa As Black Foreigners Are Attacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by clemcykul(f): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2011
the religious, political unrest in the Northern part oF Nigeria is largely attributed to the influx of chadeans, malians, Niger-republicans, yemenis, Sudanis etc.
these people share the same language, religion/culture, and complexion with Nigerian Hausa's and they can be hardly differentiated.
A real Hausa man values western Education and loves his country.

the foreigners in Northern Nigeria have no roots in our country, some/most of them came into this country as Almajiri's and they do not even know their Biological families.
when they cause riots and kill Nigerians, they have nothing to loose, its not their country, their families are not affected.
about 1,000 rioters were arrested and when they where interviewed most of them said they do not know where they are from, they only remember coming to study in the state and they grew up in the street.

so how can the government help these people who are not its citizens? the mallams are also foreigners who grew up in the streets.
e.g mai tatsine in Kano, who rebelled and killed alot of muslims in kano claimed to be from Kano but was later found out to be an immigrant.

i believe the way out is for the government to deport all illegal immigrants from these AFRICAN countries and exert strict measure on immigration. the customs and immigration service have to stand up and do their jobs.

i will state an incidence that happened during the voters registration excise. i have a mai-guard who told me he was from katsina , during the voters excise, he went to register, i dont know how he was discovered to be a foreigner. he was arrested and deported to chad the next day, the following day he returned to my house. i asked him what happened and how he came back, he said they were dropped at the border, after the officers left, they boarded a vehicle and came back into Nigeria. right now he is still performing his duties as a maiguard.

on daily basis hundreds of this foreigners keep trooping into the north. you see them doing mai-guard jobs, mai-ruwa jobs, and also as itinerant traders. some times they get frustrated as they cant make ends meet and begin to constitute nuisance to our beloved country.

our government must look into these immigration issue if its really determined to solve the problem of the North and Nigeria as a whole.

OUR BORDERS ARE TOO OPEN
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
Northern muslims love foreigners who are muslims than christians from south.
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by Arosa(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2011
We all know that a true Nigerian Hausa/Fulani would not kill their southern brother, nevertheless they are still responsible for the almajiris for harboring them. angry
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by Bishopking: 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
@op
Your argument is highly flawed sir.
To start with, I would say the nature of a community determines the accepted behaviour of foreigner living in it. You must know that the north is not the only place in africa where such people migrate to in good numbers. They go to northern ghana where the indigenous population also share same language, religion, complexion among others with them. Yet, it seems to me that the inhuman treatment and massacre of south nigerian people is unique to northern nigeria.
From historical perspective, your argument is even more ridiculous. We know that northern nigeria hausa people have always seen their southern neighbour as infidel to slaughter in order to get to paradise.
I know that most imams, politicians from the north who often incite their otherwise docile population to bloody massacre are true nigerians. We know them.
Based on these facts, I humbly say that your argument is amusing
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by Beaf1: 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
Bishopking:

@op
Your argument is highly flawed sir.
To start with, I would say the nature of a community determines the accepted behaviour of foreigner living in it. You must know that the north is not the only place in africa where such people migrate to in good numbers. They go to northern ghana where the indigenous population also share same language, religion, complexion among others with them. Yet, it seems to me that the inhuman treatment and massacre of south nigerian people is unique to northern nigeria.
From historical perspective, your argument is even more ridiculous. We know that northern nigeria hausa people have always seen their southern neighbour as infidel to slaughter in order to get to paradise.
I know that most imams, politicians from the north who often incite their otherwise docile population to bloody massacre are true nigerians. We know them.
Based on these facts, I humbly say that your argument is amusing

The poster might be right! i read somewhere that most of these crazy/blood thirsty Almajiris were imported from neighboring chat and niger in search of livelihood, most of them were abandoned by their poor parents who does not know how to control their libidos and knows nothing about birth control. Of course they come in with their slades posing as students in search of Islamic education.
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
@OP. i concur with you most of the guard men, water sellers, shoe shiners, etc are foreigners, but when you allow trash in your house you must held responsible, thats why we are always been vilified by our country men.
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
All the entries above have some truth in them

@clemcukul & Beaf & Abu Maryam
It's true that a large horde of the evil Almajiri crowd are from outside the Nigerian border, but still many of them are Nigerians
Govt. must act stamp out this future TALIBANS.
Govt must purge Nigeria of illegal immigrants & guaranty border control(of aliens, weapons, rebels, drugs etc.)

@all
while Arosa & Lalaamed might be overstating their various positions. Bishopking on the other hand is being a bigoted southern Christian extremists (a cousin to the triple bigoted northern muslim extremists e.g Almajiri, boko haram)

Govt need to exorcise all Nigeria demons i.e Almajiri, Militants, aliens etc
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by sbeezy8: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
nonsense  . . . .

arent they the same "Foreigners " used for underage voting?!

Hausas are in almost every west african country, yet killing is DONE MOSTYLY in nigeria.

you dey craze
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by tpia5: 6:24am On May 01, 2011
about 1,000 rioters were arrested and when they where interviewed most of them said they do not know where they are from, they only remember coming to study in the state and they grew up in the street.

that's terrible.

when they cause riots and kill Nigerians, they have nothing to loose, its not their country, their families are not affected.

really bad. undecided
Re: Foreigners Are Our Problem In The North by Rhino5dm: 7:13am On May 01, 2011
With my 20 years experience in the core north, I have this to say. . .

Majorities of Hausa you see down south are foreigners and their main reason of shifting south is due to fact, that they find it easy to integrate in the south

without being detected by immigration officials, whom usually put alot of pressure on them in the north.Though job opportunity is another factor.

Any aboki you ask down south will always want to claim remote areas of sokoto or jigawa, they normally do so with fore knowlegde of the gullbility of

southerners in accepting any wretched loooking person that can throw around few Hausa words as a  northerner.

They may be the tools in causing havoc and horror, but majorities of the engines propelling them are illiterate religous northern goons. You won't be able to

know the height of this rubbish, until a respected Imam tells you that it is justifiable to killed anyone with no concrete reason.

Am in total disagreement with the article, the major problem of the north is the NORTH. And if the foriegners are resposible then why aren't we hearing any

religious killings in Niger?? Those guys are light years ahead of us in civiliazation. Take a trip to maradi,zandar,niamey to see sexy looking shortes on mini

skirst partying all night long with all pleasure cheesy cheesy cheesy.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Soon Be One Of The Developed Countries In The World - President Jon / 600,000 Persons Live With Hiv/aids In Benue / Nigeria Is In Good Shape With $39.7b Debt Profile - Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.