Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? (1807 Views)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Thread For Supporters Of One Nigeria / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by lateef4me(m): 3:20am On Apr 30, 2011
I remember reading a thread about the efforts of some nairalanders toward the presidential aspiration of Buhari. We told them that it's an illusion ,a wishful thinking and a dream which can never comes through. Respected nairalanders like Jarus,Aisha mobilized ,even contributed towards the project and we can help but pity them then, grin grin grin

Well,that one don pass sha but the issue now is that where are all these guys ? Their radar seems to have disappeared especially during this critical times when corpers whose represent the glorious future of this nation were killed ,massacred and maimed by Buhari's almajiris in the north. I think it's unfair that some of them are even putting the blame on GEJ , sad sad sad >

Whether it is the supposed rigging of PDP which caused the massacre or the actions and inaction of Buhari,I'll leave that to God to judge but what is glaring to all is that Buhari will never rule us again,NEVER ,NEVER and NEVER ! angry angry angry angry
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by mikeywise(m): 3:29am On Apr 30, 2011
@poster,pls go nd look for something else to post.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 30, 2011
mikeywise:

@poster,pls go nd look for something else to post.

Dont mind am.

He's simply looking for more Umbrera biscuit.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Odunnu: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2011
. . .and indomie.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by obowunmi(m): 7:01am On Apr 30, 2011
@ OP I don't want to call you a slowpoke but ure sloooow ---- God forbid people killed each other during Obasanjo's time -- GEj is weak, but then again --- another 4 yrs of looting -- I'm sure you have no problem with that.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2011
Elections are over and they have MOVED ON with their lives. I wonder why some people still talk like we are yet to hold presidential elections, why they still wanna live in the past. Even the man said it before the elections that he wasnt gonna run again, so whats all this about Buhari would never rule us again. Na wa o
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Odunnu: 7:34am On Apr 30, 2011
He also said he wont go to court and today?he already paid for a room in the court house. Leave all these politrikcians jor
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2011
Buhari remains the last hope in our present political class.You can easily agree with me that GEJ,IBB,OBJ,Atiku,Ciroma et al are all PDP.Little wonder they are all fighting tooth and nail to prevent Buhari from getting his deserved mandate.I also need to add that we will still watch them continue the looting until a revolution.I just pray that my state(Imo) is liberated.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by enyojo(f): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2011
[size=40pt]WE DEY KAMPE[/size]
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Azedplus(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2011
useless and baseless threat,we are here and shall always be.so go hug transformer coz i know we cant have light as its been in ma area despite their 3500 or na 4000 megawatts.jeg indeed.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by lateef4me(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2011
Azedplus@ Oga why take your frustration on me ? Why tell me to go and hug transformer ? I see you are just exhibiting the traits of ur candidate,Buhari , Don't worry about electricity ,GEJ is gonna fix that problem and you will soon do away with your generator if you have one ! grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by KnowAll(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2011
Buhari would run again if his health does fail him. I see him running, 4 years from now is like tomorrow, after GEJ's first year, by 2013 Politicians would start strategising for 2015 and I cannot see Buhari sitting on the fence just watching proceedings when he has the highest hope of grasping power, since the incumbent has said he would not be running in 2015, 2015 is a free for all any bagger is welcome. I hope GEJ would not renegade on his promise but then some would argue he has a constitutional right to run for a second term, we shall see how it unfolds come 2015.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by MaiSuya(m): 6:54pm On May 01, 2011
we dey hia!!!
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Jarus(m): 11:40pm On May 01, 2011
I'm around. Do you want to arrest me?
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by naijaking1: 11:59pm On May 01, 2011
@poster
You really think there's a need going around harassing asking for Buhari supporters?
Whatever happened to humility in victory
However, there should be no sympathy for those who refuse to accept defeat and instead resort to wanton destruction of lives and properties.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by marvix(m): 12:01am On May 02, 2011
All ye Buhari supporters you have only lost round 1 and I personally knew that would be a sure victory for camp GEJ but d ultimate loss I plan to celebrate is in 4yrs time wen GEJs performance will shine so even the blind can see it, that will be the true and final victory for all those who have concluded that our nation is doomed just because Buhari lost to GEJ!!!
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by texazzpete(m): 12:16am On May 02, 2011
marvix:

All ye Buhari supporters you have only lost round 1 and I personally knew that would be a sure victory for camp GEJ but d ultimate loss I plan to celebrate is in 4yrs time wen GEJs performance will shine so even the blind can see it, that will be the true and final victory for all those who have concluded that our nation is doomed just because Buhari lost to GEJ!!!

How old are you? Seriously, this is childish reasoning!
I am yet to see anyone here who supported Buhari and whose motive was not moving Nigeria forward. If by some miracle GEJ can shake free of his PDP impediment and actually does enough to make Nigerian improved by 2015, why would any tax paying citizen be 'losing'?
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Jarus(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2011
I fully supported Buhari, churned out many articles to campaign for him, sponsored leaflets to campaign for him, collaborated with others on NL here to sponsor Radio jingles for him etc.

But am I happy with the post-election violence? No, extremely sad. Have I condemned it? Yes, on NL here and in many other media. And currently writing a newspaper article to condemn it and discuss other things as they relate to Buhari and other post-election issues.

Have I congratulated GEJ? Yes. And ready to contribute my little quota to make him succeed, because my support for Buhari was purely out of my belief that he would do better than GEJ in returning this country back to the path of glory. But since, by a combination of fair and foul means, has been elected, I fully support him and wish him the best. Mine is never a politics of do or die.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by marvix(m): 12:22am On May 02, 2011
Texx u miss d point, a lot of Buhari supporters hav assured us that GEJ is a failure who can only fail, proving them wrong is a victory for those of us that put our faith in him and definitely those who called us blind, insane and stupid will be d losers, that is d victory that is paramount to me not whether u guys pay taxes or tithes,
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by texazzpete(m): 12:25am On May 02, 2011
marvix:

Texx u miss d point, a lot of Buhari supporters hav assured us that GEJ is a failure who can only fail, proving them wrong is a victory for those of us that put our faith in him and definitely those who called us blind, insane and silly will be d losers, that is d victory that is paramount to me not whether u guys pay taxes or tithes,

So if he does not perform as he said, does that mean you'll be a loser too?

PS: never use tithe and tax in the same sentence again.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by marvix(m): 12:28am On May 02, 2011
Jarus well said, but my position in this is that I was sure that GEJ would win Buhari, hypes from peeps lik u is wat made it a contest, but all those who insist that GEJ will fail I wait 4 2015 to celebrate GEJs success and pls Jarus u can keep ur quota, if u cldnt giv GEJ ur quota during the campaigns and never saw anything good in him and still have ur reservations that he won by a combination of fair and foul means, he sure does not need ur quota to make an impact, u just concentrate on analysing him, pls highlight his errors and be bold nd gallant enuf to accede to his achievements as the year roll by!
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by naijaking1: 12:33am On May 02, 2011
marvix:

This is the sort of mentality that causes electoral violence in Africa! What if GEJ fails, what if we still don't have light in 4 years, what if, what if-----that's the reason to be humble, not arrogant.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by naijaking1: 12:37am On May 02, 2011
Jarus:

I fully supported Buhari, churned out many articles to campaign for him, sponsored leaflets to campaign for him, collaborated with others on NL here to sponsor Radio jingles for him etc.

But am I happy with the post-election violence? No, extremely sad. Have I condemned it? Yes, on NL here and in many other media. And currently writing a newspaper article to condemn it and discuss other things as they relate to Buhari and other post-election issues.

Have I congratulated GEJ? Yes. And ready to contribute my little quota to make him succeed, because my support for Buhari was purely out of my belief that he would do better than GEJ in returning this country back to the path of glory. But since, by a combination of fair and foul means, has been elected, I fully support him and wish him the best. Mine is never a politics of do or die.

Good sport.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Jarus(m): 12:52am On May 02, 2011
Keeping him on his toes is surely part of my quota. This morning, SK, editor of Thisday, was telling me that his resolve now is to keep GEJ on his toes so that he can perform, and that informed his analysis, titled JONATHAN MUST SPEND ONE TERM, in his column today. In that article, he advised Jonathan to spend one term and that havung in mind he wants to spend 2 terms will make him perform less in his first term. Go read his full column on Thisday website. I still expect many articles on such advice from him in his future writings for his Sunday column. That, to him, is his way of jolting GEJ to action. If I analyze his moves and criticize them, then I'm also helping him/contributing my quota. And of course, I'll continue to perform what is expected of me as a citizen(pay tax, call others to support him, analyse and criticize govt policies etc) because I want the progress of Nigeria, even if my choice of driver(president) is not at the helm.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by naijaking1: 1:10am On May 02, 2011
^^^
That's what I call democracy.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Kenyy: 3:50am On May 02, 2011
We are awaiting the will of the people to prevail as well as the FORENSIC analysis of the BOGUS and MAGIC results of SS/SE/SW, etc. While doing that, we still believe that Dying With Dignity Is Better Than Living As Slaves!
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by naijaking1: 3:59am On May 02, 2011
^^^
If you disagree with INEC, better go to court than ra-pe, murder, and loot helpless youth corpers angry
I wonder why you guys are not surprised that GEJ lost Borno, Kano, and even Kaduna to Buhari, but you're quick to raise a useless statiscs about the percentage of voters in core SE and SS that either never like Buhari or have good reasons that" over their dead bodies" will he ever be president again.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Kenyy: 4:09am On May 02, 2011
As For Me, It is, 'Head(Buhari), We Win, Tail(GEJ), I Win'. Besides, the payment of taxes by me, families and friends has been suspended indefinitely; Please Do Not Ask,  A Core Niger Deltan As Me Whose Daddy's Home Is 500m From An Oil Well, How and Why! By the way, You Can Have "A Friend And Then An Ex-Friend(Buhari)" But NEVER "A Brother And Then An Ex-Brother". So, if I cannot win with Buhari for the Benefit of Many and Highest National Gain, I can always win with GEJ for the Benefit of Few and Least National Gain.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by naijaking1: 4:20am On May 02, 2011
^^^^
My friend, please don't make this a childish argument, even if you, your family, etc voted for Buhari, its still possible to have more than 90% turnout for the election, and most of them voting for GEJ.
Apart from your faulty estimation, is there any other evidence your organisation has to show that SE/SS/SW that voted not for Buhari were rigged I think not. Buhari just doesn't know how much people hate, resent, and loath him embarassed
He foolishly thought people have forgotten all about his criminal records in 1983.
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Nobody: 6:51am On May 02, 2011
@naijaking1, accept it or not, most pple in SS and SE brothers (who equally feel marginalized, have close ties with SS pple, claimed GEJ was also Ibo bearing the names Azikwe, Ebele etc) voted for GEJ based on ethnic/sectional/religious sentiments and not because they loathe Buhari's personality per se. Just like most people in the Core North voted for Buhari out of similiar sentiments not because they loathe GEJ's personality per se. Lets get our facts right
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by Nobody: 8:54am On May 02, 2011
I have come to realisation we Nigerians have the leaders we have , because they are the leaders we deserve.

Ever heard the saying: Nobody can do anything to you unless you allow them to do it?

I have been surprised at how willing Nigerians are to accept the results of rigged elections - even Buhari supporters who have  spent a lot of their personal resources campaigning for Buhari, are at peace with rigged elections. Some even going as far as congratulating GEJ shocked.

Iam  convinced that Buhari won these election, but for the rigging.

Nigerians would only change when our corrupt leaders degenerate our living standards so low, that we may not have any alternative but to stand up to them.
This may mean another generation of no electricity , failing economy , failing education and health service, living with threats of armed robbery, falling life expectancy and rising infant mortality, before Nigerians would finally say: "Enough is enough!"

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? by luluosas(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2011
I supported a just cause, not based on sentiments, ethnic affiliations or religion. Rather, a cause for National growth and development, ethnic disbandment, religious coexistence, security of lives and property, National reorientation and reintegration, corruption free environment, where peace and tranquillity is the order of the day. I voted my conscience and will never have regret of doing just that.
Even if a lot of people has accepted the outcome of the elections as acceptable, I have no problem with that but, I stand to be corrected that, these elections were actually rigged in favour of PDP and the aftermath of the violence was the making of PDP to rope General Buhari. I will defend this cause as long as I have my being, telling who cares to listen that, I have no regret voting Buhari.
Anyway, I want Jonathan to prove me wrong for voting against him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths Seek N150m Payout From Police Over Killing Of Colleague / Incisive Analysis Of Jos Crisis / Nigeria No Longer Imports Cement!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.