Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) (5839 Views)

United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic / Awka Millennium City Update (photos) / US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by TMKsouth: 8:11am On May 31, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

See what you are comparing to Eko Atlantic. Just appreciate what you have even if it is not in your region.... Comparing thrash to 21st century city. Smh

Yes I'm comparing reality (Sandton) with something that has struggled to get off the ground for the past 20 years. I've seen those 2 lonely buildings for the past decade now. Get real my man, Sandton is awesome and achieved cool. Eko Atlantic is just a dream that has only existed in a computer for decades now. Dead on arrival. You're failures. And to say Sandton is trash means you're also a sore loser.

ps. I'm South African. U shouldn't have dissed Johannesburg. I would've kept my mouth shut cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by forgiveness: 8:55am On May 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yes I'm comparing reality (Sandton) with something that has struggled to get off the ground for the past 20 years. I've seen those 2 lonely buildings for the past decade now. Get real my man, Sandton is awesome and achieved cool. Eko Atlantic is just a dream that has only existed in a computer for decades now. Dead on arrival. You're failures. And to say Sandton is trash means you're also a sore loser.

ps. I'm South African. U shouldn't have dissed Johannesburg. I would've kept my mouth shut cool

Eko Atlantic is far better than Sandton in terms of infrastructures and planning.

There are more than 10 buildings completed so far and many under construction.

Glad you are learning today.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by TMKsouth: 9:40am On May 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Eko Atlantic is far better than Sandton in terms of infrastructures and planning.

What "infrastructures" are you talking about - "10" half built structures? And cement buildings at that for a smart city grin? Do u even know what a smart city is - building entirely with concrete? Sandton is awash with "green" glass buildings - google why that is for your daily lesson.

Just because Eko Atlantic is drafted in a circular design doesn't make it better planned than Sandton. Let's talk in 2000 years when Eko becomes Africa's Richest Square Mile (which Sandton currently is). cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by Idiko1: 10:00am On May 31, 2021
I love the sight of Eko Atlantic city. Where are Isoko Atlantic City, Sapele Atlantic city, Bori Atlantic City, Buguma Atlantic City, Diobu Atlantic City, Ibeao Atlantic City, Opobo Atlantic City, etc. The airheaded the so-called South-South people need to think. Ndigbo are not your problem as you have been brainwashed to think. The Importance of crude oil life-cycle is pegged at 10 years from now. When the principal actors turn to offshore and electric resources for their need, you will be forgotten as ever existed. Mind you that history has never been favorable to the goons.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by omonnakoda: 11:05am On May 31, 2021
Those $5*¬"^ 5% people sha.
They are full of bitterness
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by omonnakoda: 11:05am On May 31, 2021
Those $5*¬"^ 5% people sha.
They are full of bitterness
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by IronGalaxy: 11:57am On May 31, 2021
2 buildings for how long?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by IronGalaxy: 12:10pm On May 31, 2021
forgiveness:

how is something not even complete better than something complete? It's like saying your unborn child is smarter than my 3year old grin

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by TMKsouth: 12:39pm On May 31, 2021
IronGalaxy:

20 years grin I remember Mbeki and Obasanjo were still presidents when I first heard about Eko Atlantic, and NEPAD was the buzz word.

Definitely lack of interest from investors. In SA our projects begin with half occupancy rate already, that's why Sandton is complete and still expanding. Lanseria is next.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by IronGalaxy: 1:33pm On May 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

20 years grin I remember Mbeki and Obasanjo were still presidents when I first heard about Eko Atlantic, and NEPAD was the buzz word.

Definitely lack of interest from investors. In SA our projects begin with half occupancy rate already, that's why Sandton is complete and still expanding. Lanseria is next.
I look at that new city in Qatar called Lusail built in time for the world cup, with a new world cup stadium and amazed at how fast they did it. Nigeria is still stuck with these two buildings and don't get me wrong I wholeheartedly want this project to be a success to make these Western afro -pessimists to eat humble pie
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by forgiveness: 8:02pm On May 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

What "infrastructures" are you talking about - "10" half built structures? And cement buildings at that for a smart city grin? Do u even know what a smart city is - building entirely with concrete? Sandton is awash with "green" glass buildings - google why that is for your daily lesson.

Just because Eko Atlantic is drafted in a circular design doesn't make it better planned than Sandton. Let's talk in 2000 years when Eko becomes Africa's Richest Square Mile (which Sandton currently is). cool cool cool

So, green glass building is your definition of smart city in South Africa? shocked grin

Show me the picture of the tallest building in South Africa. I want to see if it’s not built with cement. grin
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by forgiveness: 8:09pm On May 31, 2021
IronGalaxy:

10 buildings and many under construction.

Besides, do you think buildings are all about building a city?

The land was reclaimed from the sea. That took year. After which roads, bridges, tunnels, sewage system, water plants, etc were built first before any structure was erected.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by TMKsouth: 8:18pm On May 31, 2021
forgiveness:

So, green glass building is your definition of smart city in South Africa? shocked grin

Show me the picture of the tallest building in South Africa. I want to see if it’s not built with cement. grin

undecided undecided undecided Yes, green buildings are an integral part of smart cities globally (except in Nigeria, clearly grin grin grin).

Ahh, 'forgiveness' why u imploding so early in our debate my guy? cool Using glass is beneficial in so many ways including natural ventilation and energy saving - hence the term "smart". It's not just about ICT connection.

Be skooled:
https://www.ierek.com/news/index.php/2017/08/01/smart-cities/

Yes, our Leonardo (tallest building in all of Africa) is cement but all the "ten (in inverted commas coz u claim so)" buildings in Eko are all cement and old skool grin grin. How's that smart? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by TMKsouth: 8:21pm On May 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Besides, do you think buildings is all about building a city?

The land was reclaimed from the sea. That took year. After which roads, bridges, tunnels, sewage system, water plants, etc were built first before any structure was erected.

And that takes 20 years?
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by forgiveness: 8:46pm On May 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

undecided undecided undecided Yes, green buildings are an integral part of smart cities globally (except in Nigeria, clearly grin grin grin).

Ahh, 'forgiveness' why u imploding so early in our debate my guy? cool Using glass is beneficial in so many ways including natural ventilation and energy saving - hence the term "smart". It's not just about ICT connection.

Be skooled:
https://www.ierek.com/news/index.php/2017/08/01/smart-cities/

Yes, our Leonardo (tallest building in all of Africa) is cement but all the "ten (in inverted commas coz u claim so)" buildings in Eko are all cement and old skool grin grin. How's that smart? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Smart city has nothing to do with green glass buildings.

I don’t know where you got your definition from.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by forgiveness: 8:49pm On May 31, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I look at that new city in Qatar called Lusail built in time for the world cup, with a new world cup stadium and amazed at how fast they did it. Nigeria is still stuck with these two buildings and don't get me wrong I wholeheartedly want this project to be a success to make these Western afro -pessimists to eat humble pie

Was Lusail reclaimed from sea?

Is Lusail built by a regional government or a private investors like Eko Atlantic?

I think that answers it all.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by TMKsouth: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Smart city has nothing to do with green glass buildings.

I don’t know where you got your definition from.

Substantiate Baba! That's how we engage in discussions in SA, don't know bout u.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (pics) by IronGalaxy: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Besides, do you think buildings is all about building a city?

either way, y'all moving at a snail's pace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Assembly: Burutu Constituency ll Adopts Hon. Enetimi As 'The Chosen One' / Finally, A Poll In Favour Of Tinubu, The Results Are Shocking! / Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.