Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote (5829 Views)

Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2011
Sacking sanusi will require 2/3's of the senate vote; http://www.abududalley.net/publications/CENTRAL%20BANK%20OF%20NIGERIA%20ACT%202007%20-%20SIGNIFICANT%20CHANGES.pdf

There are 109 senators (3 per state and one for the FCT). 82 will be required if GEJ decides to give Sanusi the boot.
The states in red will be expected to vote against a sanusi sacking due to ethnic and religious factors. While those purple would do so, because it helps with ACN's logic of ethnic seperation, that will leave just 72 votes to play with, well short of 2/3's and not all would be sure.

Sanusi is an immovable blot on the nations landscape.

1.Abia
2.Adamawa
3.Akwa Ibom
4.Anambra
5.Bauchi
6.Bayelsa
7.Benue
8.Borno
9.Cross River
10.Delta
11.Ebonyi
12.Edo
13.Ekiti
14.Enugu
15.Gombe
16.Imo
17.Jigawa
18.Kaduna
19.Kano
20.Katsina
21.Kebbi

22.Kogi
23.Kwara
24.Lagos
25.Nasarawa
26.Niger
27.Ogun
28.Ondo
29.Osun
30.Oyo

31.Plateau
32.Rivers
33.Sokoto
34.Taraba
35.Yobe
36.Zamfara
37.Abuja FCT
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by hollandis(f): 11:45am On Aug 07, 2011
he swore never 2 allow sentiments n religion/ethnicity affect his position as cbn governor,surely thats enough in my opinion
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2011
Still monitoring the situation
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2011
hollandis:

he swore never 2 allow sentiments n religion/ethnicity affect his position as cbn governor,surely thats enough in my opinion

Sadly, there is an involved procedure to drop a CBN gov. The man is accountable to nobody under Nigerian law (CBN Act 2007), you have to imagine the sort of crazy folk that come up with such. I guess its easy to say this now though, noone ever expected that we would ever have a red-eyed sharia crazy at the helm of the CBN.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by olawalebabs(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Beaf, why the need to sack sanusi? This guy is doing his job now.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Rhino5dm: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2011
"Three Sharia banks in the pipe line before september ending."

Little wonder why he shut down three banks yesterday. Long live Ayatollah Sanusi. The first CBN governor Mullah.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2011
olawalebab:

Beaf, why the need to sack sanusi? This guy is doing his job now.

Seriously? shocked
There is no body more disruptive, divisive and unqualified to be CBN boss. Since 2009, I have maintained that the man is an agbero, with recent happenings, that view is now vindicated.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Ibime(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
You also maintained there is nothing wrong with the banks, and then when you discovered there is something wrong you said "SLS should not have sacked the management but allowed the shareholders to recapitalise."

Now its obvious that

(a.) Those banks are worthless

(b.) Shareholders are not able to recapitalise, neither are the banks attractive for any M&A.

And up till 3 months ago, the mugu shareholders were suing CBN saying their bank is in rude health. If the bank is in rude health, why is NDIC picking their carcass.

Ride on Sanusi jare. Keep doing ya job.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2011
^
Dude, I've never agreed that there was anything wrong with the banks. CEO's committing crimes is quite different from banks being bad.
Abeg, don't derail the thread jare.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
abegi how many senate votes or next exposes before we can get rid of alison diezani maduekwe?
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Ibime(m): 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
So is something wrong with the banks or not? And is something wrong with sacking the corrupt CEOs? I no understand your yarnings.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
oyb:

abegi how many senate votes or next exposes before we can get rid of alison diezani maduekwe?

There is nothing you can do about her, even with magic. Lol!
Face your front! grin
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ibime:

So is something wrong with the banks or not? And is something wrong with sacking the corrupt CEOs? I no understand your yarnings.

I never mentioned banks (outside of CBN) until you did. The thread is simpply about what is required to boot Sanusi into the long grass.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ibime:

there is when its done by a gworo chewing aboki
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Uche2008: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
sanusi sacking does not involve 2/3 of the senate.

Jonathan can sack sanusi , anytime he want. and replace him . Sanusi position is a presidential appointment and not a political appointment.

The president does not need the senate to sack sanusi. The president only need the senate to approve sanusi replacement.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Richtalk: 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
Just imagine, the licences of Afribank, Bank PHB and Spring Bank where Revoked on friday.
And by Saturday they were already bearing new names,   Main Street Bank, Keystone Bank and Enterprise Bank Respectively.

While it is on record that 30th September (2 months later) was the given deadline.

Who is CBN  governor deceiving?  This was a pre planned agenda and is bad for the economy!

I cant wait for his remaining 2years to be over, only hoping that more havoc will not be done by then.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Richtalk: 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2011
Uche2008:

sanusi sacking does not involve 2/3 of the senate.

Jonathan can sack sanusi , anytime he want. and replace him . Sanusi position is a presidential appointment and not a political appointment.

The president does not need the senate to sack sanusi. The president only need the senate to approve sanusi replacement.

Check the Constitution again!
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by koruji(m): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
You are really showing a "true" face. Can you fight ACN for PDP without becoming an ethnic bigot. Where did you find "ACN's logic of ethnic separation"?

ACN helped liberate a people from the evil claws of PDP and you are here talking about ethnic separation logic. How about the logic of throwing off leaders who have had a good chance, but could not meet the aspirations of the people. If you know what is good for you in Balyesa you would find an alternative to PDP - it doesn't have to be ACN mind you. If ACN doesn't work for the SW, they would also be replaced, but never with PDP and its pack of thieves - as long as free choice is allowed during election time.

Beaf:

Sacking sanusi will require 2/3's of the senate vote; http://www.abududalley.net/publications/CENTRAL%20BANK%20OF%20NIGERIA%20ACT%202007%20-%20SIGNIFICANT%20CHANGES.pdf

There are 109 senators (3 per state and one for the FCT). 82 will be required if GEJ decides to give Sanusi the boot.
The states in red will be expected to vote against a sanusi sacking due to ethnic and religious factors. While those purple would do so, because it helps with ACN's logic of ethnic seperation, that will leave just 72 votes to play with, well short of 2/3's and not all would be sure.

Sanusi is an immovable blot on the nations landscape.

1.Abia
2.Adamawa
3.Akwa Ibom
4.Anambra
5.Bauchi
6.Bayelsa
7.Benue
8.Borno
9.Cross River
10.Delta
11.Ebonyi
12.Edo
13.Ekiti
14.Enugu
15.Gombe
16.Imo
17.Jigawa
18.Kaduna
19.Kano
20.Katsina
21.Kebbi

22.Kogi
23.Kwara
24.Lagos
25.Nasarawa
26.Niger
27.Ogun
28.Ondo
29.Osun
30.Oyo

31.Plateau
32.Rivers
33.Sokoto
34.Taraba
35.Yobe
36.Zamfara
37.Abuja FCT
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
koruji:

You are really showing a "true" face. Can you fight ACN for PDP without becoming an ethnic bigot. Where did you find "ACN's logic of ethnic separation"?

ACN helped liberate a people from the evil claws of PDP and you are here talking about ethnic separation logic. How about the logic of throwing off leaders who have had a good chance, but could not meet the aspirations of the people. If you know what is good for you in Balyesa you would find an alternative to PDP - it doesn't have to be ACN mind you. If ACN doesn't work for the SW, they would also be replaced, but never with PDP and its pack of thieves - as long as free choice is allowed during election time.

I really don't care if ACN is the second coming of Jesus. I am talking about how they carry on like the Tea Party in the US, pretending to be right wing when all their leaders do is blackmail for egunje.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by petertosh: 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2011
Can we please get back to the topic?
BTW who made such moronic law? It should be repealed ASAP
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by chrisemy01: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
So Irritating. This Mulah Sanusi seems untouchable. He's heating up d financial circle more. It could be managed better. His time is sure up. Probably if another muslim was CBN Gov, the controversial Islamic Banking stuff wud ve been more accepted by Nigerians.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by koruji(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2011
You just keep jumping around with your accusations. Second coming of Jesus? I thought that was what GEJ was supposed to be with his promises to transform Nigeria, end tribalism and such high fallutin stuff among a littany of other promises. And yes, "every knee shall bow" to GEJ according to you - that sounds more like Jesus than anybody I can remember.

Tea party in the U.S., blackmail for egunje - bring out your evidences for open debate instead of this "trust me" you are engaged in.

Beaf:

I really don't care if ACN is the second coming of Jesus. I am talking about how they carry on like the Tea Party in the US, pretending to be right wing when all their leaders do is blackmail for egunje.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf1: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ Beaf , Fake Beaf

When are you going to apologize to the people of Nairaland for deceiving them with your st.upit and misleading analysis that made them (of course not my likes) into voting your visionless, dump and drunken fisherman?

Who is paying you again into clamouring for Sanusi's sack? You have 2 looong years b4 that can happen cheesy cheesy
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by MUNEER2(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Just wandering why Borno isn't in redJust wandering why Borno isn't in red grin
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sanusi sole agenda right from onset was to "balance" the ownership structure of the Nigerian banking sector which was before his arrival in favor of the south.
But the funny thing is that managing a bank to attain great height like Erastus did is not hawking suya-nama. Most of the banks going into the hands of the abokis will in no time end up like unity bank- local champions. The so called interest free banks inclusive. Mark my words
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by JoeMosco(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nigeria must grow above ethnical attachments, It is worse if this is exhibited by those who occupy sensitive positions. The problem i have with Sanusi is that he has refused to treat banks'  affairs without confidentiality and subtleness knowing fully well that  the greatest asset for any Bank is PUBLIC CONFIDENCE AND GOODWILL.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by xclusifbee: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
He is not a totalitarian as most of you thhink, I still wonder this story is generating controversies like or is he not the same who publicly defended his dignity among the big cat senators lavishing Nigeria's money.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by xclusifbee: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2011
He is not a totalitarian as most of you think, I still wonder why this story is generating controversies like this or is he not the same man who publicly defended his dignity among the big cat senators lavishing Nigeria's money
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
koruji:

You just keep jumping around with your accusations. Second coming of Jesus? I thought that was what GEJ was supposed to be with his promises to transform Nigeria, end tribalism and such high fallutin stuff among a littany of other promises. And yes, "every knee shall bow" to GEJ according to you - that sounds more like Jesus than anybody I can remember.

Tea party in the U.S., blackmail for egunje - bring out your evidences for open debate instead of this "trust me" you are engaged in.

If a vote was to be cast today for Sanusi's sack, where would your ACN vote, and why? Abeg, mek we hear word! Its all about fake separatism for envelopes.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
Beaf!:

@ Beaf ,  Fake Beaf

When are you going to apologize to the people of Nairaland for deceiving  them with your st.upit and misleading analysis that made them (of course not my likes) into voting your visionless, dump and drunken fisherman?

Who is paying you again into clamouring for Sanusi's sack? You have 2 looong years b4 that can happen cheesy cheesy

Thank God you know having him for another 2years is looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Beaf: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2011
MUNEER2:

Just wandering why Borno isn't in redJust wandering why Borno isn't in red grin

Sorted. wink
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by POTUT(m): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
Posted by: oxford
Insert Quote
Sanusi sole agenda right from onset was to "balance" the ownership structure of the Nigerian banking sector which was before his arrival in favor of the south.
But the funny thing is that managing a bank to attain great height like Erastus did is not hawking suya-nama. Most of the banks going into the hands of the abokis will in no time end up like unity bank- local champions. The so called interest free banks inclusive. Mark my words

I still maintain that the Interest free banks in Nigeria will suffocate from their incapacity to monitor the people they lend to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha / Reps Bribe Scandals: Has OBJ been Vindicated? / Photos: Pls Be The Judge(akpabio Vs Ameachi's Stadium)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.