Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? (34130 Views)

Casemiro Vs Ngolo Kante: Who Is The Better Tackler? / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 5:17pm On May 30, 2021
Kante cool

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by GeneralPula: 5:17pm On May 30, 2021
Barca fans are not just logical at all..

How’s this comparison? A simple question - who would you prefer in your team at the moment, that’s not comparison. It’s an open minded question..

These Messi fans have compared messi with almost all the ex great footballers of the world - here they’re foaming!

They can’t just get past the fact that Chelsea have showed them pepper well well..

We even murder them 10men against 11 in the UCL..

We’ve got their records, hence why they’ll never like Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Flows001(m): 5:17pm On May 30, 2021
terabyte002:
All these noise about Messi......what season did Barca last played Ucl Final sef. He's a legend but the absence of Iniesta and Xavi really affected Barca at bigger stage n that's why they never get pass quarter final or semi in d past 4/5 season ago.
If football is just about goal, there would be no need for having goalkeeper in a team atall.
The man Kante deserve all the hype!
Did Kante play the FA cup final or not? Oh I forgot, he was on vacation that day and Tuchel had to use someone else in his position.
Nonsense and Ingredients!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Samstar4now(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2021
sholatech:
He's won Champions League.
He's won World Cup.
He is one of the greatest!!
Many of us Non Chelsea fans love him absolutely

He has won champions league.
He has won world cup.
He has won premier leavue with leceister and chelsea respectively...
...He's one of the decorated players on planet earth
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Humanoid01(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2021
Samstar4now:

He has won champions league. He has won world cup. He has won premier leavue with leceister and chelsea respectively... ...He's one of the decorated players on planet earth
Don't forget Europa league and FA cup.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by adenigga(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:
just imagine the insult....the first mistake is placing Kante in d same sentence with messi bcox of one good UCL season??
Its a good question bt coaches i know would go for messi dts proven for decades to Gv u goals n assita than kante dt would only help defense..
i think u should jus stop all dis kante joke bcoz you guys are now taking this kante hype to another level..
first it was VVD n next was fernandez n now its kante....seems this EPL hype men still dnt get d difference between form n class..
lets give ur kante more time before asking all this baseless questions or placing him in same sentence with an alien dt have been destroying records for decades....jokers..

Tell Messi to go and win a major trophy for his country.

Ronaldo had done that, ditto for Kante!!!
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by jacoik(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2021
DesignAndBuild:

Insult? At who? First like ogbiwa has said above this is not a comparison of Messi and Kante as both players are not like for like, and then even secondly, Kante has won the world cup, Europa and Champions League in addition to his local league and played a central role in each of them, Messi has won the Champions league and his local league, so you may want to think again before knowing who you think is insulting who. Finally Kante and Chelsea outplayed Mancity yesterday so they're fully deserving champions. And this is from a non Chelsea fan
may our ancestors bless you for this truth bro
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 30, 2021
gurunlocker:

Messi has won a Balon dor at Mbappe age, can he beat that?
d guy is on point and u guys want to tackle him shame on u and I AM NOT A CHELSEA FAN
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Qatar2022: 5:22pm On May 30, 2021
yeanka007:
Kante is a very good player, but don't compare a 2021 Toyota Camry with even a 2018 Rolls Royce.

Oga calm down.

Messi is an O. P. P. ( O Po Pa)

Am a Real Madrid fan o
You people are unbelievable, did you read before coming up with this comment? He never compare both of them , he just ask which of this player will prefer to be in your team
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by makeherscream(m): 5:23pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:
Men and brethren, after watching the champions league final yesterday, I'm beginning to reassess what I initially knew to be true about football which is that good attackers win you games. I can 100% say that Kante was a MAJOR reason for Chelsea's victory. Yes Messi may assure you goals and creativity and terrorize defenders but boy what a player like Kante brings to any team is out of this world.

NB I'm not a Chelsea fan but Chelsea fans I think you guys are blessed to have one of the all time greatest all round midfielders in your team. Kai what a player
oga you're a very big fool for comparing Messi with Kante a very big one

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Angelmichael63: 5:24pm On May 30, 2021
CR7 IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME BUT IS VERY VERY BAD TO COMPARE MESSI AND KANTE HABA.

EVEN KANTE WILL BE AFRAID TO SAY THIS
NAWA FOR FOOTBALL FANS OO ALWAYS FORGETTING YESTERDAY

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:24pm On May 30, 2021
See as life come drop for Messi... Dem don dey compare am with kanté.

This life is full of ups and downs meeehhhn!

Inside life. cool

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Qatar2022: 5:24pm On May 30, 2021
Bomboiy:
Lol Messi is actually the S.I unit of football,anyone and everyone gets compared to him.

Kante had a great UCL run and he's being compared to Messi, unbelievable.
In your mind you make a point, go back to that post again and read it before commenting, he never compare both of them, he ask a question and that question is which of these player do you prefer in your team
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Ghast12: 5:26pm On May 30, 2021
None
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by jaxxy(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2021
Bomboiy:
Lol Messi is actually the S.I unit of football,anyone and everyone gets compared to him.

Kante had a great UCL run and he's being compared to Messi, unbelievable.

Wetin Messi play this season?? undecided
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Qatar2022: 5:27pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:
just imagine the insult....the first mistake is placing Kante in d same sentence with messi bcox of one good UCL season??
asking about an alien like messi with his level of consistency since 2008 and a kante dt was in Chelsea since 2016 n jus clicked form this season??
i think u should jus stop all dis kante joke bcoz you guys are now taking this kante hype to another level..
first it was VVD n next was fernandez n now its kante....seems this EPL hype men still dnt get d difference between form n class..
lets give ur kante more time before asking all this baseless questions or placing him in same sentence with an alien dt have been destroying records for decades....jokers..
I cry for stupidity of our youth , someone like you can't read before commenting, he never compare both but ask which one will you prefer in your team and you're here talking nonsense
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Calicoe: 5:27pm On May 30, 2021
Luigi02:
Some people are just damn brainless. I'm a hard core Messi fan, also a Chelsea and there's hardly any comparison in the post. If you think the OP was trying to compare them, then go for a medical brain check up.
Would you rather have someone who can guarantee you a strong and solid midfield in Kante or one who can guarantee you goals and assists in Messi? If you're given the money today, which would you rather buy? This is the problem of Barcelona today. They invest so much money in attackers like Dembele and Coutinho who normally would guarantee them goals and assists and overlook defenders and solid midfielders like kante who would guarantee them a strong back line. OP, I'll choose Messi without any doubt, but if possible I'll take the two

OP was wrong for such question. Because football is a team sport. You can't say you have a kante so you don't need a Messi neither can you say you have a Messi so you don't need a kante. Every position from the goalkeeper to the number 9 has the same level of importance. Messi is the best in his position so is kante in his so there is no giving up one for the other.my point is such question shouldn't come up in the first place. From a Chelsea fan
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by donbenie(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong ST like Messi. You get it now?
His statement is very clear..

You can't compare two things that were never on the same level..

It is an insult and disrespectful to ever compare Kante to Messi..

With all due respect to Kante..

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by makeherscream(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2021
Qatar2022:

You people are unbelievable, did you read before coming up with this comment? He never compare both of them , he just ask which of this player will prefer to be in your team
I think you and op are unbelievable why will he ask that type of stupid question .are they even playing the same position
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by donbenie(m): 5:31pm On May 30, 2021
Qatar2022:

I cry for stupidity of our youth , someone like you can't read before commenting, he never compare both but ask which one will you prefer in your team and you're here talking nonsense
Maybe you are the one who needs a lesson on English language comprehension..

'Which would you rather have in your team?'

That is a direct comparison of what the two brings to the table in a team.

Stop showcasing your ignorance of the nuances of the English language..

4 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Masterito(m): 5:31pm On May 30, 2021
You are the slowpoke here.
Workch:
Well, only morons use that as a yardstick to judge players.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by LeviAckerman: 5:32pm On May 30, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

Ur comment here shows that you either a novice in soccer or you don't know records Kante a playmaker that supply strikers. Can you compare messi assist to any other players? Messi is the player holding assist record in world of football. Messi assist in one season can Kante have it in two seasons? How did you measure your playmaker bro?
You’re responding on the wrong post
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Humanoid01(m): 5:33pm On May 30, 2021
Flows001:
The OP's question can only be tolerated if Kante continues this form for at least 8 more years! Now that's the proven class I meant!
VVD had a stupendous season that even got him close to winning a Ballon D'or but where is he now? Now that's the form I meant!
Proven Class and Form are two different things, don't ever put Messi's name in the same sentence with Kante.
Where have you been all this while? Kante has always been a world class player since his Leicester days, he completely rose to stardom in Chelsea.

I'm not in support of the comparison between Kante and Messi. It's not even logical to compare them since they have different roles, except we have to consider respective effectiveness in their teams and there's no dispute about the fact that Messi is ahead.

However, Kante has nothing to prove to anyone. He doesn't have 8 years or 5 or 3 or whatever, to prove to anyone how much of a great player he is. You can't watch football frequently and tell me that. Kante is a joy to watch, little wonder why he's being requested for by big clubs.

Since Modric won the balon d'or without scoring goals then why can't Kante win it too? Do you think it's easy to win 4 man of the match awards (3 consecutively) in the knockout stages of the UCL?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by phren: 5:33pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:
Men and brethren, after watching the champions league final yesterday, I'm beginning to reassess what I initially knew to be true about football which is that good attackers win you games. I can 100% say that Kante was a MAJOR reason for Chelsea's victory. Yes Messi may assure you goals and creativity and terrorize defenders but boy what a player like Kante brings to any team is out of this world.

NB I'm not a Chelsea fan but Chelsea fans I think you guys are blessed to have one of the all time greatestall round midfielders in your team. Kai what a player

This question is not only mischievous, but disrespectful to the god of football and football nation. How dare you?

4 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by masseratti: 5:33pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong ST like Messi. You get it now?
Oga forget am a Chelsea fan
. But please Messi is out of this world

He is the best player ever. Chief av been a Chelsea fan since the days of Celestine babayaro, Gianfranco Zola, guilt, Flo.. Messi is the best player ever period

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by gurunlocker: 5:33pm On May 30, 2021
Enoch3721:
d guy is on point and u guys want to tackle him shame on u and I AM NOT A CHELSEA FAN

What point is that? Bring it out
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by velatinto(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2021
Calicoe:

OP was wrong for such question. Because football is a team sport. You can't say you have a kante so you don't need a Messi neither can you say you have a Messi so you don't need a kante. Every position from the goalkeeper to the number 9 has the same level of importance. Messi is the best in his position so is kante in his so there is no giving up one for the other.my point is such question shouldn't come up in the first place. From a Chelsea fan
na u sure pass.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Kingcalls: 5:34pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

nothing but jus winning Olympic gold for them n dts his only flaws...but I still insist, what messi have done individually in football, d record he have broken n the individual awards he gat can not be attained by any player in dt France team dead or alive...u dig?

Stop talking like a kid...what is Olympics?? U are not serious...messis season was a disaster...what dis messi achieve this season that Ronaldo didn't
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Masterito(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2021
Let Chelsea enjoy their victory in peace you hater! Just congratulate Chelsea and move on. When Chelsea win you guys bring useless history. Let Chelsea enjoy their moment!
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Why should I hate Chelsea?

Wetin be dia history abeg?

I praised Chelsea last night... I'm not a Chelsea hater. I never hate Real Madrid finish e come be Chelsea FC with 5 premier League title.

Compare Kante with his peers like...

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Javier Masherano
Xabi Alonso
Sergio Busquest
Arturo Vidal
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Masterito(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2021
Until Messi win a world cuo, don't compare him with Maradona. Messi and Ronaldo is on the same level. Balon d or is won by voting while world cup is won on the pitch.
tellwisdom:

I don’t have to understand whatever they wrote up there. No name or anybody should be put beside the name Messi.

Whether, who is taller or who is finer or Who dance pass or who get muscle. He stands alone

What Messi does on the field of play, it will only take a a supernatural being to do it.

Leave Messi out of all that comparison. Even Maradona and pele who have access to him no fit disrespect am the way kids like una de do. Abeg I no wan vex angry
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by makeherscream(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

stop asking stupid questions it's annoying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ebola: Morocco Will No Longer Host 2015 Nations Cup / John Ogu & Wife, Chiugo Akaolisa Unfollow Each Other, Deletes Pics On Instagram / We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.