Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? (34155 Views)

Casemiro Vs Ngolo Kante: Who Is The Better Tackler? / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by LeviAckerman: 4:53pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Against tougher team, I will prefer Kante.

Against weaker team, I will prefer Messi.

Moreover, Kante doesn’t need Xavi and Iniesta to win the Champions league
I tried hard to ignore
This is just dumb

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by gurunlocker: 4:54pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Mbappe ( Kante’s younger brother) has won World Cup, has Messi done that?

Messi has won a Balon dor at Mbappe age, can he beat that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

Oga shut up and accept your pain in peace.

Well well..

I blame Pep
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by arukwe123(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2021
As for the foolish OP, never in your pathetic life disrespect the GOAT again. angry undecided

I love Kante. Dont spoil his shine with stupid takes.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by olatuns2017: 4:57pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:
Men and brethren, after watching the champions league final yesterday, I'm beginning to reassess what I initially knew to be true about football which is that good attackers win you games. I can 100% say that Kante was a MAJOR reason for Chelsea's victory. Yes Messi may assure you goals and creativity and terrorize defenders but boy what a player like Kante brings to any team is out of this world.

NB I'm not a Chelsea fan but Chelsea fans I think you guys are blessed to have one of the all time greatest all round midfielders in your team. Kai what a player

What a qtn

It's like asking Igbos to choose between

Nigeria and Igbo republic ( not including SS)

����
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by LeviAckerman: 4:58pm On May 30, 2021
bolabadmus38:
Well,I will prefer Ngolo konte because he is a play maker. He feeds the strikers. If Merci doesn't get ball from the midfielders he cant do anything. But Merci can pull crowd Sha.
That explains why Kante has more assists than Messi you dumb fvuk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by MansoryMX(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2021
Masterito:
Yet your god of football is yet to win a world cup

The award Messi don Win for this life pass World Cup so shut up your dirty mouth before I throw you spiritual slap! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Workch: 5:01pm On May 30, 2021
Masterito:
Your so called God of football is yet to win World cup, which Kante has already.
Well, only morons use that as a yardstick to judge players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Offpoint1: 5:01pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:
just imagine the insult....the first mistake is placing Kante in d same sentence with messi bcox of one good UCL season??
Its a good question bt coaches i know would go for messi dts proven for decades to Gv u goals n assita than kante dt would only help defense..
i think u should jus stop all dis kante joke bcoz you guys are now taking this kante hype to another level..
first it was VVD n next was fernandez n now its kante....seems this EPL hype men still dnt get d difference between form n class..
lets give ur kante more time before asking all this baseless questions or placing him in same sentence with an alien dt have been destroying records for decades....jokers..
Chelsea hater spotted, I can feel the pain in your comment.

How much do you staked? grin grin
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Bimpe29: 5:01pm On May 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
Silent General
Humble on and off the pitch
One of the Greatest Footballer on Earth Today.
You are 100% correct.
His humility and tenacity are super.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by adioolayi(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2021
Luigi02:
Some people are just damn brainless. I'm a hard core Messi fan, also a Chelsea and there's hardly any comparison in the post. If you think the OP was trying to compare them, then go for a medical brain check up.
Would you rather have someone who can guarantee you a strong and solid midfield in Kante or one who can guarantee you goals and assists in Messi? If you're given the money today, which would you rather buy? This is the problem of Barcelona today. They invest so much money in attackers like Dembele and Coutinho who normally would guarantee them goals and assists and overlook defenders and solid midfielders like kante who would guarantee them a strong back line. OP, I'll choose Messi without any doubt, but if possible I'll take the two

When your are given options to choose from, there is no wey you won't weigh your options....Simply put, no way you won't compare your options...and that's why putting Messi and Kante in this conversation is ridiculous.

As it stands now....based on individual statistics for the year that ended, Kante did not come close to Messi..even with him just winning ONLY Copa Del Rey title!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:02pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Has Messi ever scored in a World Cup final like Mbappe?

This cruise is sweetening my belly grin
Bro it will definitely sweet your belly because you know that the comparison doesn't go together at all. Even inside you, you know it will pain barca fans more because you know the comparison is an insult to messi. That is just the reason the cruise dey sweet ur belle.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by highness25(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

what messi have done in football eh, no player In the whole of france can do it..
not surprised because all humans have short memories...I also know dt a day like this would come..
my happiness is dt no close friends n family member of kante can say such because they respect records, consistency n history more than some short termed shallow fans like us..
imagine the insult na....guy wetin u smoke self??
Please stop drinking so that you can type with your senses. France won the last world cup which means what the country have achieved Messi will never achieve until he dies. Of course you know that age is not on his side, he has to win the world cup before you can say "what he's done in football no player in the whole of France can do".

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 30, 2021
KANTE
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by kamossreal(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

what messi have done in football eh, no player In the whole of france can do it..
not surprised because all humans have short memories...I also know dt a day like this would come..
my happiness is dt no close friends n family member of kante can say such because they respect records, consistency n history more than some short termed shallow fans like us..
imagine the insult na....guy wetin u smoke self??

Hey ....stop that ....If messi is a messiah he should have won World cup..... Don't forget this guy has won all ....Europa ,UCL , World cup Oya name it ....Check his Performance all season aside from the season he has injuries.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Rolexjerry(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2021
You guys are high on something I swear. How dare you mention Messi and Kante in the same sentence. What an insult!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Flows001(m): 5:07pm On May 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

If you say Kante is just on form, and not a player with a “proven class” , then I have to wonder how you think when you watch football, or you're just a sentimental Chelsea hater.
The OP's question can only be tolerated if Kante continues this form for at least 8 more years! Now that's the proven class I meant!
VVD had a stupendous season that even got him close to winning a Ballon D'or but where is he now? Now that's the form I meant!
Proven Class and Form are two different things, don't ever put Messi's name in the same sentence with Kante.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by terabyte002: 5:08pm On May 30, 2021
All these noise about Messi......what season did Barca last played Ucl Final sef. He's a legend but the absence of Iniesta and Xavi really affected Barca at bigger stage n that's why they never get pass quarter final or semi in d past 4/5 season ago.
If football is just about goal, there would be no need for having goalkeeper in a team atall.
The man Kante deserve all the hype!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by paulolee(m): 5:08pm On May 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

So you're saying Kante does what he does simply because he's on top form, and not because he's that talented and phenomenal? You're unbelievable.
my guy, ur kante was in chelsea since 2016.....why all d buzz this 2021?? what happened since?? was he not playing or he jus picked form?? make we give am 3 or more seaeons if una go fit noise again..
kante is phenomenal bt its just about him on form....

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by bleskid: 5:09pm On May 30, 2021
why did you hate kante ... I want to Know
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by martineverest(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2021
they will soon start comparing Timo Werner with Ronaldo ...yeye chelshit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Humanoid01(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Well well..

I blame Pep
Well well..

We were written off right from the group stage, we qualified as group leaders. They said Atletico Madrid would rip us apart home and away, but we shut them out completely in both legs.

They said we wouldn't stand a chance against Porto because they eliminated Juventus, but we knocked them out. Real Madrid came and well, that's certainly the end of the road for Chelsea, but they were heavily respected by us because they could have bowed out of the competition with a 6 or 7-1 aggregate score.

Final, and everybody turned Man city fans. They said the game would be finished off in the first half, with city having 4+ goals in the bag. They said Pep doesn't lose finals, they said he used weak teams in the previous two games he had recently lost, but king Kai with just his 1st goal in the tournament proved them wrong and clinched the cup, with Pep's best team after changing tactics.

Victory is sweeter when you have a lot of doubters. What's next? Villareal will beat us in the super cup and we'll lose the club world cup? Please keep the hate coming, it only makes us stronger.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Kudducini(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2021
highness25:
Please stop drinking so that you can type with your senses. France won the last world cup which means what the country have achieved Messi will never achieve until he dies. Of course you know that age is not on his side, he has to win the world cup before you can say "what he's done in football no player in the whole of France can do".

Would you say Dembele is better than lewy because he's won the world cup?
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by jacoik(m): 5:11pm On May 30, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
Can't I have them both? grin

Anyways I don't know about Messi cos he's on another level but I'll rather trade 5 Neymars for just one Kante. My what a player! And this is from a non Chelsea fan. I couldn't keep count of how many times he won possession back in a dangerous area or made a well timed tackle or critical interception. The mancity players were scared of him because of the way he appears from nowhere to steal possession. And then he was still running all over the pitch tirelessly even in the 97th minute. And all with a smile. No angry reaction even when he's tackled or decision goes against him. He just gets up and runs back into position. I think he's the BEST team player any team in the world can ask for. Kante for Ballon d'or pls. A player like him deserves to win one before retiring he has tried.
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear guy u dey mad ooooo see as u made me nearly wan craze here while laughing when u said mancity plays where scared of him because he appears from nowhere. Mennnnn I don die here lolxxxxx hahahaha
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by paulolee(m): 5:11pm On May 30, 2021
highness25:
lolz....my guy try read n understand...I said individually, what messi have done as a player....records he have broken n award he have won...no player dead or alive can attain such..
abi na the whole france squad wan win ballon d or again?? i de talk about individual players na....no de stress me o

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:12pm On May 30, 2021
If the team am supporting has better strikers along side Messi,..
that are half of Messi in all comparison,..
.then I will drop Messi and play Kante full 90 minutes

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by jacoik(m): 5:14pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Against tougher team, I will prefer Kante.

Against weaker team, I will prefer Messi.

Moreover, Kante doesn’t need Xavi and Iniesta to win the Champions league
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear dis gal, u Wicked fa. For weaker team u will prefer mesi?
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Hayastark: 5:15pm On May 30, 2021
This reminds me of how they started comparing Beyonce with MJ

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:15pm On May 30, 2021
LeviAckerman:

That explains why Kante has more assists than Messi you dumb fvuk
Ur comment here shows that you either a novice in soccer or you don't know records Kante a playmaker that supply strikers. Can you compare messi assist to any other players? Messi is the player holding assist record in world of football. Messi assist in one season can Kante have it in two seasons? How did you measure your playmaker bro?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Humanoid01(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

my guy, ur kante was in chelsea since 2016.....why all d buzz this 2021?? what happened since?? was he not playing or he jus picked form?? make we give am 3 or more seaeons if una go fit noise again..
kante is phenomenal bt its just about him on form....
Apart from Sarri's reign as Chelsea's manager and last season which was masked by injuries, there's not one season that Kante has failed to impress in his position.

You're saying we should give him 3 more seasons to do what? prove himself? Like he just started playing football in the big stage or what? Why you dey talk like this na, shey na because them dey compare am with Messi?

I respect Messi a lot, and I'm a big fan but your comments about Kante impressing strictly based on form is derogatory.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by paulolee(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2021
kamossreal:

Hey ....stop that ....If messi is a messiah he should have won World cup..... Don't forget this guy has won all ....Europa ,UCL , World cup Oya name it ....Check his Performance all season aside from the season he has injuries.
my man 80% of all barca, madrid n bayern players have won all trophies n am.talking of those in spain n Germany even unknown alves n marxwell are topping d list of total trophies won with 40+ n nobody is talking about them when individual records are mentioned..
girold have won all trophies bt it doestn mk him better than zlatan dt havnt won world cup or even UCL, meaning trophies are more of team achievement n not dt important wen talking about some individual abilities...
u asking me to check his performance n I keep asking, isnt it d same kante in Chelsea since 2016?? d gee jus gat a good form, DTS all n its nothing new or special bro

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Senegal's President Pledges $87,100 To Each Senegalese Player for winning AFCON / Super Eagles Players Rock T-shirt With Carl Ikeme's Face On It To Show Him Suppo / CJ Igbokwe Walking To The Boxing Ring In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.