Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? (34147 Views)

Casemiro Vs Ngolo Kante: Who Is The Better Tackler? / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by MansoryMX(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2021
Enoch3721:
HOW? world cup is the major trophy in the world cup SO SHUSH that your mouth

Masterito:
Mumu. Fools can't even understand bthe difference between an award and a trophy. Balloon d Or is won by voting while world cup is won on the pitch. I hope you see the difference you slowpoke.

Kids.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Masterito(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2021
Child
MansoryMX:

Kids.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 30, 2021
gurunlocker:

What point is that? Bring it out
messi get world cup?
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by ojaysam25(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2021
streetfabulous:
It depends on the current need of your team. They play different roles and they are good at it. If you buy Messi when you need a kante to dig deep and win balls then you will have issues and vice versa. In some cases you may need both.
This is the best comment of this thread....some people just read without sense...no sensible person will compare kante with messi.....what the op was saying is that, which will you prefer at your team....a good defensive midfielder or a good attacker.
As a chelsea fan i will go for messi cuz will really need a good attacker that will score goals, we keep missing easy chances.
I think a club like barcelona will go for kante since their problem is from the defense not attack.
It pains me when people cant reason with their brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2021
LeviAckerman:

You’re responding on the wrong post
Sorry bro
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 30, 2021
MansoryMX:

Kids.
football is played on the pitch not by the fans or voting
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2021
bolabadmus38:
Well,I will prefer Ngolo konte because he is a play maker. He feeds the strikers. If Merci doesn't get ball from the midfielders he cant do anything. But Merci can pull crowd Sha.

Ur comment here shows that you either a novice in soccer or you don't know records Kante a playmaker that supply strikers. Can you compare messi assist to any other players? Messi is the player holding assist record in world of football. Messi assist in one season can Kante have it in two seasons? How did you measure your playmaker bro?

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Bossman25(m): 5:43pm On May 30, 2021
U dey mind them!
This same kante that my Ndidi school am for FA cup, Ndidi no even give am chance operate! Ndidi use am do omorogun!
Nonsense talk....compare kante with some of the great DMs, like makeilele, Busquet, Casimero, mascherano......Kante no even follow self......
Busquet better pass that headless chicken by far........

Flows001:
Did Kante play the FA cup final or not? Oh I forgot, he was on vacation that day and Tuchel had to use someone else in his position.
Nonsense and Ingredients!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by GambaOsaka: 5:44pm On May 30, 2021
What kind of disrespect is this na?
Messi and Kante .... haba alhaji!!!!!
Anyway, its typical of Chelsea fans.
Too much noise
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Drezinc(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

what messi have done in football eh, no player In the whole of france can do it..
not surprised because all humans have short memories...I also know dt a day like this would come..
my happiness is dt no close friends n family member of kante can say such because they respect records, consistency n history more than some short termed shallow fans like us..
imagine the insult na....guy wetin u smoke self??

The whole of France you say?? I think you are the one short of memories. If you say current french team, I'd accept but not the whole of France. You've forgotten Almighty Zizou??
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by LeviAckerman: 5:44pm On May 30, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

Sorry bro
Lol what kind of human being think Kante is a playmaker and Messi waits in the box for playmakers
Na different human being dey on top internet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Qatar2022: 5:46pm On May 30, 2021
donbenie:
Maybe you are the one who needs a lesson on English language comprehension..

'Which would you rather have in your team?'

That is a direct comparison of what the two brings to the table in a team.

Stop showcasing your ignorance of the nuances of the English language..
Rather have in my team, is that a comparing to you? Geez please go back to school
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Marpol2021(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:
Men and brethren, after watching the champions league final yesterday, I'm beginning to reassess what I initially knew to be true about football which is that good attackers win you games. I can 100% say that Kante was a MAJOR reason for Chelsea's victory. Yes Messi may assure you goals and creativity and terrorize defenders but boy what a player like Kante brings to any team is out of this world.

NB I'm not a Chelsea fan but Chelsea fans I think you guys are blessed to have one of the all time greatest all round midfielders in your team. Kai what a player
OP HOW CAN U COMPARE MESSI TO KANTE?
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Qatar2022: 5:47pm On May 30, 2021
makeherscream:
I think you and op are unbelievable why will he ask that type of stupid question .are they even playing the same position
They are not playing the same position we all know that , oga this is a simple question and it's not comparing please read before commenting
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Lordbinsmar: 5:48pm On May 30, 2021
Kante is one of the best holding midfielder of this generation..

I support FC Barcelona but I respect Kante a lot. He he currently the world best in his position..
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by pleasureosondu(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
so go back to your earlier post and modify it by clearing it and leave it blank.
madam, na nonsense you dey yarn. So,if I gave you an option to choose between Messi and mbappe now, you go say na mbappe you go take? Even if Messi hasn't won with Argentina? Even wen both of them(kante)no dey play same position? Typical Ronaldo fans Wen no dey reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by milann: 5:52pm On May 30, 2021
Aberration. How can you compare a god to a mortal. Kante is great player no doubt but juxtaposing him with messi is totally invalid and uncalled for. I rest my case
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Georgejeez: 5:53pm On May 30, 2021
Op , no matter how well you may disguise the English , any sane man would know you are comparing Kante the black rat with the lion king himself,Lionel Messi .
For daring to ask this useless question about which team would anyone have ,a team with Kante or a team with Messi thereby prompting folks to compare both, just because of one Champion's league ..you no see forwards like Cavani , Haaland or Harry Kane mention na G.O.A.T
Op unless you take down this thread ,you will never die a good death , Unknown gun men will drink water from your skull and vultures will feast on your carcass ,,, what a disrespect

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by sweetbudu: 5:54pm On May 30, 2021
Alien for years without a world cup trophy=paulolee post=102191865]just imagine the insult....the first mistake is placing Kante in d same sentence with messi bcox of one good UCL season??
asking about an alien like messi with his level of consistency since 2008 and a kante dt was in Chelsea since 2016 n jus clicked form this season??
i think u should jus stop all dis kante joke bcoz you guys are now taking this kante hype to another level..
first it was VVD n next was fernandez n now its kante....seems this EPL hype men still dnt get d difference between form n class..
lets give ur kante more time before asking all this baseless questions or placing him in same sentence with an alien dt have been destroying records for decades
This op needs prayers..
[/quote]
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Amotolongbo(f): 5:54pm On May 30, 2021
[s]
pleasureosondu:
madam, no nonsense you dey yarn. So,if I gave you an option to choose between Messi and mbappe now, you go say na mbappe you go take? Even if Messi hasn't won with Argentina? Even wen both of them no dey play same position? Typical Ronaldo fans Wen no dey reason
[/s]claptrap
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by iphanyi10(m): 5:57pm On May 30, 2021
A good midfield will need a messi , a good attack will need a kante. But in football, goals win you games. Outscore your opponent and win matches, so Messi it is.

Take nothing away from Kante, dude is world class.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by gurunlocker: 5:57pm On May 30, 2021
Enoch3721:
messi get world cup?

Kante get 6 Balon dor?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by princeade86(m): 5:58pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong ST like Messi. You get it now?
then he should have compare him with luka modric instead of messi when he know they don't play d same position. Is an insult. Many people don't know how to do comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by milann: 5:58pm On May 30, 2021
Qatar2022:

They are not playing the same position we all know that , oga this is a simple question and it's not comparing please read before commenting
You and OP should be arrested and locked up indefinitely. How can you belittle messi with a question like that.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by pleasureosondu(m): 6:00pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]claptrap
normal hooey from someone without any meaning contribution to the issue.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Amotolongbo(f): 6:01pm On May 30, 2021
[s]
pleasureosondu:
normal hooey from someone without any meaning contribution to the issue.
[/s]another claptrap
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 30, 2021
gurunlocker:

Kante get 6 Balon dor?
answer mine first and as u can c it is world cup and there is nothing like world ballon do'r
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Adakintroy: 6:05pm On May 30, 2021
Unless you are comparing two unequals terms. Prime level kante vs prime level Messi no be comparison.

Kante is good but He is not even viera good or Roy Kean good or busquet prime good( forget raw energy football is also a technical sport).

Messi is godfather good. In my lifetime I have seen ronaldihno, Figo, rivaldo, bale,delima and Henry zidan. All this player were germs. But Messi makes them look very ordinary.

So prime level.vs prime level. It's a no brainer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 30, 2021
MansoryMX:

Kids.
pikin
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by hstar: 6:06pm On May 30, 2021
Following
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Flows001(m): 6:06pm On May 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

Where have you been all this while? Kante has always been a world class player since his Leicester days, he completely rose to stardom in Chelsea.

I'm not in support of the comparison between Kante and Messi. It's not even logical to compare them since they have different roles, except we have to consider respective effectiveness in their teams and there's no dispute about the fact that Messi is ahead.

However, Kante has nothing to prove to anyone. He doesn't have 8 years or 5 or 3 or whatever, to prove to anyone how much of a great player he is. You can't watch football frequently and tell me that. Kante is a joy to watch, little wonder why he's being requested for by big clubs.

Since Modric won the balon d'or without scoring goals then why can't Kante win it too? Do you think it's easy to win 4 man of the match awards (3 consecutively) in the knockout stages of the UCL?
Ogbeni leave matter, Kante had a good UCL run no doubt, nobody argue that one but me and you know that he is no where the best EPL player of the season. VVD did better in his best season and even won the Uefa Best but today the hype don reduce. Why una no loud the Kante hype after FA cup defeat? Him fellow Blackman Wilfred Ndidi padlock am for the match no wonder cheesy
The highest Kante can get is UEFA Best just like VVD but Balon d'Or? Nahh...it's either a Lewandowski or Mbappe's party!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Babysho(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

its not about the position or the comparison, its all about the disrespect in placing both in same sentence...
for example u cant ask us to choose between a mbappe and a cr7 in team, because it's breeds disrespect...
the problem was placing a player on form in d same sentence with another than have attained success consistently since 2008...dts too bad n it reeks of downgrading n disrespect...
no matter wat mbappe or rashford do in a season. they cnt b placed in same sentence with legends like zlatan....dts disrespect

Take it easy brother. At the end of the day, even you said so that Messi is flawed. The fact that he is flawed means he's human. The moment you say you cannot juxtapose one human to another, you're dehumanizing that human.
We place Messi on a pedestal and call him a god, I do too but na just satire na.
Concerning the question, I will pick Messi but I have a feeling a lot of professional coaches that will say the question is not so crazy and actually pick Kante today!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Not Broken Josef Bican's All-time Goalscoring Records / FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today / My Mother Was In Tears After I Received Racist Abuse - Tammy Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.