Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,213 members, 7,846,024 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB (1409 Views)

Doguwa: My Re-election To The NASS Absolves Me Of Culpable Homicide / Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter / BREAKING: Kachikwu’s Appointment Absolves Buhari Of Blame As President/oil Minis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by TonyRazor(m): 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
Talk to Nigerians now or resign, Bishop Ikeakor tells Buhari, absolves IPOB of killings, arson

The Anglican Bishop, Diocese of Amichi, Anambra State, Rt. Rev. Ephraim Okechukwu Ikeakor yesterday called on President Muhammadu Buhari to urgently address the current insecurity ravaging the country by speaking to Nigerians as their leader or resign.

Bishop Ikeakor said Nigerians are tired of listening to the presidency instead of their President hence he should be transparent and take full charge of Nigeria.

He also absolved the people of South East and the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, of any involvement in the insecurity, burning of police stations and killing of security agents in South East, alleging that mercenaries might have been hired from outside to destabilize peace of the zone.

Bishop Ikeakor made the comments while addressing journalists in a pre-synod press conference held at St Andrew’s Anglican Church Ebenato, Nnewi South Local Government Area of the State. The event was used for the final inspection of the synod venue which comes up from Wednesday 2nd June and ends on Sunday 6th June 2021.

Bishop Ikeakor insisted that Nigerians would want to know who between the President and the Presidency had been in charge of affairs of the country.

He expressed disappointment that in the face of burning of public facilities and killing of security agents, President Buhari had not deemed it necessary to visit any of the affected States, adding that the National Assembly had not been doing anything visibly to direct the President properly.

Bishop Ikeakor said:”Nigeria our country is at the crossroads. Security has collapsed, education has collapsed, medical health system is in shambles. It is not only shameful but also extremely embarrassing that our leaders including Mr President still travel overseas to seek medical care. Why can’t they fix our hospitals like what they see and use overseas.

“The President, if he is still there, because we are confused on who is in charge, we do not know if the country is ruled by the President or the presidency. Who is really in charge. All that are being killed and places burnt, yet the President has not visited any of the States involved.

“I do not believe that the people of South East are behind the burning of police stations and killing of security agents.

The people of the South East are not known for such behavior. People must have been using mercenaries to destroy the security of the South East. Why are they called unknown gunmen? We urge the vigilante services in South East to be at alert and rise up to the challenge of securing South East. We suspect foul play from outsiders.

“I do not know why people still talk about open grazing in a country like Nigeria. Open grazing is obsolete and out-dated.

Whether the President or the presidency likes it or not, open grazing must be abolished. Why is the President not declaring killer herdsmen and Boko Haram insurgents as terrorist groups? Have they not killed enough people to attract such a designation and declaration?

“What is the problem with restructuring? We need critical restructuring in Nigeria, we must seriously do away with 1999 Constitution and instead use the 1963 Constitution. There is no way you will have peace in a country where you have two classes of people, those who commit heinous crimes and nothing happens to them and those who do nothing criminal, yet they are under siege.

Bishop Ikeakor said : “We must warn that #EndSARS, will be child’s play to the lawlessness that will happen in Nigeria, if the Federal Government fails to do the needful now. The Governors and National Assembly members think they are safe, they should better help the President to calm the tensed situation in Nigeria now or they will regret what they will see.

“I do not like to discuss the National Assembly. We have political businessmen as members of the National Assembly.

They are just there as businessmen. Governors leave office after eight years and go and hide in the Senate, those who feel they cannot win an election into the Senate, defect from the party that elected them for eight years, to the ruling party and their sins are ‘forgiven’.

“Politics is business in Nigeria. Do you know that Governors who leave office for the Senate receive pension? When has political office holding become pensionable, and they find it difficult to allow minimum wage of N30,000 for career civil servants. Is that not wickedness and callousness.

“National Assembly lawmakers’ vehicles were changed at the peak of COVID-19 lockdown. What a wicked country and lawmakers. If they should tell Nigerians their average take home, you will stone them.

Why should a man of 70 years and above be in the National Assembly, what is he doing there. That is why you see some of them sleeping during the plenary. Nigeria’s National Assembly should be reviewed, that is my take, ” the Bishop Ikeakor concluded.

1 Like

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by helinues: 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
Sorry who is He?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by doggedfighter(f): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
President Garba Shehu will soon talk. undecided

And then come back and debunk himself by himself.

The person above me is already crying. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by doggedfighter(f): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Sorry who am I ?

That's the right question.

Nobody knows you.

Ask yourself the last time you head a family meeting ( Smallest unit in the society). Never

Correct me if I am right..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Skiloloplc(m): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2021
Why should a man of 70 years and above be in the National Assembly, what is he doing there. That is why you see some of them sleeping during the plenary. Nigeria’s National Assembly should be reviewed, that is my take, ” the Bishop Ikeakor concluded.

Hmmm I hear you sir...! Louder

1 Like

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Jesuschristus: 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
This bishop dull pass Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by November1857(m): 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Sorry who is He?
He is not a Yoruba muslim !

Typical afonja, minister of SE/Ipob affairs..

World Renown unity beggar..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Luckianti(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
BMC will soon arrive to attack the messenger while avoiding the clear message.
I still wonder what some people's brains are made of that makes them no to reason like human beings.
Meanwhile, we are waiting for "presidency" abi garba shehu to issue statements of shock soon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Yobabad: 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2021
During Good luck Jonathan many Christian's were joining all this Islamic terorist ( especially Yoruba Muslims Miscreants (YMM)) to attack him, today you will never see a single Muslim including the inferior Yoruba Muslims condemning Buhari, Nigeria Christian's must learn to support their own

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by RZArecta(m): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Sorry who is He?
this matter is way above your IQ so don't bother yourself cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by jom28gy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
Are you talking about presidency,Garba Shehu?
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by hisgrace090: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Just speak ill of the killer herdsmen and incur the wroth of this govt.
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by helinues: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:

That's the right question.

Nobody knows you.

Ask yourself the last time you head a family meeting ( Smallest unit in the society). Never

Correct me if I am right..

Sorry who is this? undecided
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:

Sorry who is this? undecided

You even quoted me formally validating my post..Lol

Education is a waste in Nigeria.lol

Correct me again if I am right

3 Likes

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by helinues: 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You even quoted me formally validating my post..Lol

Education is a waste in Nigeria.lol

Correct me again if I am right

If you can't introduce yourself, stop bugging me...
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by ivolt: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2021
TonyRazor:

He also absolved the people of South East and the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, of any involvement in the insecurity, burning of police stations and killing of security agents in South East, alleging that mercenaries might have been hired from outside to destabilize peace of the zone.

“I do not believe that the people of South East are behind the burning of police stations and killing of security agents.

The people doing the burning and killing are foreigners.
But this is the first time that locals will be celebrating and bragging with
the fact that foreigners are burning down their towns and killing their people.
It is really strange isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:

If you can't introduce yourself, stop bugging me...

DafrcAwhkvxc

Correct if I am right
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Okoroawusa: 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
Bishop, if foreigners are the ones killing us in Igboland,burning our houses, and making our land generally unsafe then what must we as igbos do about it?
Why are we rejoicing after these Unknown Gunmen operate?

Bishop, I have so many questions to ask you but if I go to your house right now you have a policeman or policemen or vigilantes guarding your house. How will I meet you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by buckeyemedia: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Sorry who is He?
A useless Pastor & known ipob sympathizer.
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by pquaver(m): 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Yobabad:
During Good luck Jonathan many Christian's were joining all this Islamic terorist ( especially Yoruba Muslims Miscreants (YMM)) to attack him, today you will never see a single Muslim including the inferior Yoruba Muslims condemning Buhari, Nigeria Christian's must learn to support their own
No not when he or she is wrong. Are religion have different bases. Our does not support false witness. If someone is wrong you say it as it is. Else remove Christianity from that your write up
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Dymaco(m): 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Sorry who is He?
Is he not right?

please how come your beloved darling daddy who was gallavanting round the world became media shy? We can no longer hear from our president. We now have two power; president and presidency. Is that what you voted for?
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by goodnessme1(f): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
I love this man because he speaks truth.

God pls divide Nigeria.
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by leofab(f): 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
Restructure
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Sunday2021: 12:20am On Jun 02, 2021
This idiot also called himself bishop? If this animal enter heaven then the devil will also enter. How can you blame others for crimes committed by your terrorist brothers. What of Ikonso? Is he an external machinery?
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Elock1: 1:44am On Jun 02, 2021
Mannequin dy talk?

Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Bonavi: 6:39am On Jun 02, 2021
TonyRazor:
Talk to Nigerians now or resign, Bishop Ikeakor tells Buhari, absolves IPOB of killings, arson

The Anglican Bishop, Diocese of Amichi, Anambra State, Rt. Rev. Ephraim Okechukwu Ikeakor yesterday called on President Muhammadu Buhari to urgently address the current insecurity ravaging the country by speaking to Nigerians as their leader or resign.

Bishop Ikeakor said Nigerians are tired of listening to the presidency instead of their President hence he should be transparent and take full charge of Nigeria.

Bishop Ikeakor made the comments while addressing journalists in a pre-synod press conference held at St Andrew’s Anglican Church Ebenato, Nnewi South Local Government Area of the State. The event was used for the final inspection of the synod venue which comes up from Wednesday 2nd June and ends on Sunday 6th June 2021.

Bishop Ikeakor insisted that Nigerians would want to know who between the President and the Presidency had been in charge of affairs of the country.

He expressed disappointment that in the face of burning of public facilities and killing of security agents, President Buhari had not deemed it necessary to visit any of the affected States, adding that the National Assembly had not been doing anything visibly to direct the President properly.

Bishop Ikeakor said:”Nigeria our country is at the crossroads. Security has collapsed, education has collapsed, medical health system is in shambles. It is not only shameful but also extremely embarrassing that our leaders including Mr President still travel overseas to seek medical care. Why can’t they fix our hospitals like what they see and use overseas.

“The President, if he is still there, because we are confused on who is in charge, we do not know if the country is ruled by the President or the presidency. Who is really in charge. All that are being killed and places burnt, yet the President has not visited any of the States involved.

The people of the South East are not known for such behavior. People must have been using mercenaries to destroy the security of the South East. Why are they called unknown gunmen? We urge the vigilante services in South East to be at alert and rise up to the challenge of securing South East. We suspect foul play from outsiders.

“I do not know why people still talk about open grazing in a country like Nigeria. Open grazing is obsolete and out-dated.

Whether the President or the presidency likes it or not, open grazing must be abolished. Why is the President not declaring killer herdsmen and Boko Haram insurgents as terrorist groups? Have they not killed enough people to attract such a designation and declaration?

“What is the problem with restructuring? We need critical restructuring in Nigeria, we must seriously do away with 1999 Constitution and instead use the 1963 Constitution. There is no way you will have peace in a country where you have two classes of people, those who commit heinous crimes and nothing happens to them and those who do nothing criminal, yet they are under siege.

Bishop Ikeakor said : “We must warn that #EndSARS, will be child’s play to the lawlessness that will happen in Nigeria, if the Federal Government fails to do the needful now. The Governors and National Assembly members think they are safe, they should better help the President to calm the tensed situation in Nigeria now or they will regret what they will see.

“I do not like to discuss the National Assembly. We have political businessmen as members of the National Assembly.

They are just there as businessmen. Governors leave office after eight years and go and hide in the Senate, those who feel they cannot win an election into the Senate, defect from the party that elected them for eight years, to the ruling party and their sins are ‘forgiven’.

“Politics is business in Nigeria. Do you know that Governors who leave office for the Senate receive pension? When has political office holding become pensionable, and they find it difficult to allow minimum wage of N30,000 for career civil servants. Is that not wickedness and callousness.

“National Assembly lawmakers’ vehicles were changed at the peak of COVID-19 lockdown. What a wicked country and lawmakers. If they should tell Nigerians their average take home, you will stone them.

Thanks for this his lordship
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2021
helinues:
Sorry who is He?

A Bishop
Re: Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2021
Increase the volume grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

S/West, S/East Problems Will Worsen If Nigeria Breaks Up — Bishop Gbonigi / Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer / Reuben Abati Rants On APGA Chairman, Victor Oye, For Asking Him To Shut Up On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.