Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Buhari Under Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Under Fire (1863 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari Under Abacha's Regime / Buhari Under Presure To Sack Amaechi- Pilot Newspaper / Buhari Under Fire For Saying ” He Will Make Naira Equal To Dollar” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 8:46am On May 02, 2011
For the second time in a week, the Governor of Niger State, Muazu Babangida Aliyu has lashed out at former head of state and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari reminding him and his supporters that Nigeria is not their village.

“I am emphasizing this fact because of what happened after the presidential election. Many of us are so myopic that we think our village is Nigeria. No, we’re a part and never can a part be a whole. Your village is not Nigeria. Your village is a part of Nigeria. So, if somebody wins or loses election in your village, that does not mean he has lost election in the country,” Aliyu said at the celebration of the 2011 Workers’ Day in Minna.

According to him, those who perpetrated the post presidential election violence were myopic and refused to go beyond the variables that divide the nation, stressing that some people thought that the winning of a particular part of the nation meant victory in the whole country for any candidate in an election.
Aliyu posited that what happened in any part of the country cannot be used to represent the whole nation.
He said the people should learn to live beyond ethnic, religious and regional attachments to appreciate the nation’s diversity.

“It is important that when we look at issues we look at it in relation to the whole nation in Niger State. It is important that whenever we talk we remember that we have a population of four million people and each of them has the right of the government and the people of this state. “Everyone now knows that before you win election you must go beyond your village, your state, region and religion. You know that we are a nation united,” he said.

Governor Aliyu restated that there was no going back in the resolve of his government to implement the new minimum wage for workers in the state. He maintained that the payment of workers bonus for 2011 will depend on the resources available to the government. The Governor urged civil servants to expose corrupt practices in their offices and avoid wastages to complement government efforts in catering for their welfare.

He emphasised that outstanding workers will always be rewarded to serve as example to others.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Jeel: 8:55am On May 02, 2011
It is all due to the deep rooted illiteracy in the north, In fact the north glory in illiteracy.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 9:22am On May 02, 2011
But I think there is now a gradual liberation
Re: Buhari Under Fire by gokuu(m): 9:39am On May 02, 2011
Jeel:

It is all due to the deep rooted illiteracy in the north, In fact the north glory in illiteracy.
yes o! In 2007, gov ali modu sheriff of borno state said-"i dont bother about what my critics write about me in the newspapers because 80% of my people are not literate and cannot read".
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Nobody: 9:41am On May 02, 2011
Exactly my sentiments.

After the election I heard one of the hoodlums saying on BBC Radio "I have no papa, I have no mama . . . . .we did not vote for Jonathan". But they forget that their votes does not represent the totality of the election. If you did not vote for Jonathan others did and as INEC official result had it, thos who voted for Jonathan are in the majority.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 10:18am On May 02, 2011
what about the normadic education that was introduced to them some time ago?
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Nobody: 10:57am On May 02, 2011
the topic of the thread is really catchy tongue but until the guy is arrested by whoever is in charge ,then all this one na just talk for talking sake because nothing dey shelle

Buhari don talk him mind for this matter - ARREST ME IF YOU CAN
Re: Buhari Under Fire by T9ksy(m): 12:28pm On May 02, 2011
aguiyi:

the topic of the thread is really catchy tongue but until the guy is arrested by whoever is in charge ,then all this one na just talk for talking sake because nothing dey shelle

Buhari don talk him mind for this matter - ARREST ME IF YOU CAN

@ bolded. . . . . .'cause the mofo knows that his supporters will make the northern part of the country, ungovernable.
This nimcompoop is so dam.n arrogant, its sickening.

This was the same stance he took at the Oputa Panel. And nothing happened to him.
Only for him to return a decade later asking us to vote for him and when we refused his request,
he unleashed his almajiris on us.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by texazzpete(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2011
T9ksy:

@ bolded. . . . . .'cause the mofo knows that his supporters will make the northern part of the country, ungovernable.
This nimcompoop is so dam.n arrogant, its sickening.

This was the same stance he took at the Oputa Panel. And nothing happened to him.
Only for him to return a decade later asking us to vote for him and when we refused his request,
he unleashed his almajiris on us.

Grow some brain cells. There's no concrete proof linking Buhari to the killings in the North and people with intelligence know this.
There is concrete proof, however, that the state security apparatus failed to prevent or contain this crisis in a timely manner.
What many of these cretins on Nairaland fail to realise is that if you indict Buhari for making 'inciting statements', you're also indicting GEJ and his security chiefs for failing to proactively curb the violence resulting from the 'inciting statements'.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by wazklin: 1:01pm On May 02, 2011
@taxzzpete
There's no concrete proof linking Buhari to the killings in the North
what other proof do you want you dumb. if buhari had not come for presidency this massacre won't have happened. How i wish other states can also join hands to make this world a living hell for him.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by 10cirenoh: 1:12pm On May 02, 2011
mikeansy:

Exactly my sentiments.

After the election I heard one of the hoodlums saying on BBC Radio "I have no papa, I have no mama . . . . .we did not vote for Jonathan". But they forget that their votes does not represent the totality of the election. If you did not vote for Jonathan others did and as INEC official result had it, thos who voted for Jonathan are in the majority.

One point you people failed to understand is the fact that most of the northerners are wondering where PDP and Jonathan got all the high votes he got in most northern states, thats why they are fighting, not because of what he got in the south or east, but because of what PDP manufactured in the north. i have a feeling the underage voters must have been used by PDP and INEC for this purpose.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Grow some brain cells. [b]There's no concrete proof linking Buhari to the killings in the North [/b]and people with intelligence know this.
There is concrete proof, however, that the state security apparatus failed to prevent or contain this crisis in a timely manner.
What many of these cretins on Nairaland fail to realise is that if you indict Buhari for making 'inciting statements', you're also indicting GEJ and his security chiefs for failing to proactively curb the violence resulting from the 'inciting statements'.

but then he also failed to condemn the killings in his cause  undecided
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 1:18pm On May 02, 2011
I heard that CPC Hired under-aged voters and CPC have not refuted the statement,is the second name of CPC Confusion and Crises Party?
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Beaf: 1:48pm On May 02, 2011
10cirenoh:

One point you people failed to understand is the fact that most of the northerners are wondering where PDP and Jonathan got all the high votes he got in most northern states, thats why they are fighting, not because of what he got in the south or east, but because of what PDP manufactured in the north. i have a feeling the underage voters must have been used by PDP and INEC for this purpose.

The good thing about PDP in this case, is that they have painstakingly documented evidence of CPC rigging with child voters, intimidating youth corpers, using vile religious messages, facebook updates of fallen youth corpers, foreign news agency interviews of child voters who all claimed to be voting CPC etc. If CPC keeps making noise, then the vote in several Northern states will be cancelled outright. LOL!

I have always said it, CPC is a party for stone throwers and unintelligent agricultural types. That is why they went slaughtering Christians, Southerners and Middle Belters after their primitive strategy of religious bigotry and campaigning in the North only saw them losing woefully. The murderous party foolishly relied on getting all Northern children to vote in the name of a fake huge population (watch how that gets quietly and smoothly corrected in GEJ's trademark style).

CPC was a party of devils led by the ultimate bloodsucking sharia crazed wild-eyed beast called Buhari. Its good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Fhemmmy: 1:58pm On May 02, 2011
I would like to know what the man speaking would have done if he lost election . . . . Yes, Buhari needs to accept the result of the election and let us move on
Re: Buhari Under Fire by 10cirenoh: 2:05pm On May 02, 2011
@Beaf

Lol, now that is funny, if truly all the underage voters voted for CPC, then who made that possible? he registered these underage voters in the first place? we want to see where all the underage voters voted for cpc, at least PDP should show the whole world and then we also want to see who voted for PDP in all the northern states too. let them provide all the ballot papers used in the north for verification, you can easily spot thumbs of kids to that of elders with forensic equipments.

All in all, if PDP and GEJ have anything to nail Buhari over the violence, let them do that and stop making noise and disgracing themselves.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Beaf: 2:26pm On May 02, 2011
10cirenoh:

@Beaf

Lol, now that is funny, if truly all the underage voters voted for CPC, then who made that possible? he registered these underage voters in the first place? we want to see where all the underage voters voted for cpc, at least PDP should show the whole world and then we also want to see who voted for PDP in all the northern states too. let them provide all the ballot papers used in the north for verification, you can easily spot thumbs of kids to that of elders with forensic equipments.

All in all, if PDP and GEJ have anything to nail Buhari over the violence, let them do that and stop making noise and disgracing themselves.

You are really funny. It would simply be concluded that CPC corrupted the registration process.

Strangely, GEJ and PDP haven't made any noises about arresting Buhari, it is the neanderthal himself that keeps issuing press releases calling for his own arrest if govt dares. The man is totally unpolished and worse than the brainless almajiri murderers he leads.
Before the elections, a few of us spent time pouring ourselves out about the true nature of the man, Buhari. With the aftermath of the elections, our description of the red-eyed sharia fuelled demon couldn't have been more apt. Blood has been spilt like water.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by T9ksy(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2011
@ Texaz,

While I agree with you that there is no concrete proof that Buhari is responsible but am certain one can make inferences from BB's campaign rhetorics. We all are aware of the volatile nature of our northern brothers from past experiences so for buhari and his sidekick bakare, making references to violence in the coming election is to say the least, appalling and disgraceful of these people.

If buhari genuinely wept for the people then he wouldn't have made statements that's bound to have a disastrous effect on the same masses, he's purportedly weeping for. Unless of course, he gives not a hoot about the masses but satisfying his inordinate ambition of ruling ruining us AGAIN.

Unfortunately (for us), it will take more than 3 defeats to get it into this nigerian mad mullah's dumb brain that he will NEVER lord it over us again!
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 3:14pm On May 02, 2011
In the land of the blind, A man with one eye is a KING,but I think his KINGSHIP has come to an end with this years Presidential election.

His weeping is not for the masses rather as a result of perceived loss after the alliance with ACN failed.It dawned on HIM that he is heading for defeat which finally happened.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by 10cirenoh: 6:20pm On May 02, 2011
@beaf

Now you're getting more funny, how would you expect PDP and GEJ to make noise in the 1st place? WHO REGISTERED THE UNDERAGED VOTERS? if they should make it an issue, then it makes them look foolish because it's going to rubbish their so called "free and fair" election. PDP and JEGA registered these kids in massive numbers because they knew what they wanted to achieve with these kids. so dwelling on this issue because it's not going to help your case.

The oppositions have the moral right to question why underage voters were allowed to register because the government at hand which happened to be Jonathan and PDP made it possible.

Now show me any news report where Buhari called that he should be arrested, all we see is Jonathan begging a common citizen to help him calm the nation he himself should be calming and governing, is that not a case of someone running away from his responsibilities? anyways i don't want to continue with this politics thing, we have other issues at hand now. cases are in court already, NOT JUST BUHARI, both ACN, ANPP, CPC and other parties have cases against the election in court.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 8:47am On May 03, 2011
The statements of his Aids are not encouraging, However I hope to see a united Nigeria
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Nobody: 9:11am On May 03, 2011
The next thread am gonna see is 'Buhari stole my girlfriend'. These anti-Buhari crowd don't realize that their continued attacks against Buhari is just making the guy more famous. Nowadays news containing Buhari and CPC makes headlines of newspapers while news of our President are confined to the background. Keep up the good work
Re: Buhari Under Fire by assme: 12:26pm On May 03, 2011
@texazzpete

I think you are the one who needs to grow some brain cells cos urs is Putrefying. Buhari during his campaign told his supporters to lynch anyone who tries to or Riggs the election and after the election, the message CPC sent out to their supporters was that the election was rigged so what next did u expect or what other concrete proof are u asking for? His incitive comments and the violence that followed can be tied together.
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Beaf: 12:52pm On May 03, 2011
10cirenoh:

@beaf

Now you're getting more funny, how would you expect PDP and GEJ to make noise in the 1st place? WHO REGISTERED THE UNDERAGED VOTERS? if they should make it an issue, then it makes them look foolish because it's going to rubbish their so called "free and fair" election. PDP and JEGA registered these kids in massive numbers because they knew what they wanted to achieve with these kids. so dwelling on this issue because it's not going to help your case.

The oppositions have the moral right to question why underage voters were allowed to register because the government at hand which happened to be Jonathan and PDP made it possible.

Now show me any news report where Buhari called that he should be arrested, all we see is Jonathan begging a common citizen to help him calm the nation he himself should be calming and governing, is that not a case of someone running away from his responsibilities? anyways i don't want to continue with this politics thing, we have other issues at hand now. cases are in court already, NOT JUST BUHARI, both ACN, ANPP, CPC and other parties have cases against the election in court.

Nobody will bother with who registered the kids. Is anybody bothering now?
The only issue is, whose behalf they registered on, and there is overwhelming evidence that they voted CPC. There is written and video evidence, there is witness evidence and there is behavioural evidence. You know when they say the goose is cooked? Lol

Buhari hasn't brought any court case, contrary to your statement above, cos he will face an incriminating legal avalanche. cool
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 2:34pm On May 03, 2011
The UN Charter on Genocide covers such area of crises as happened after the presidential elections in the North. The UN is already investigating
Re: Buhari Under Fire by assme: 2:38pm On May 03, 2011
The UN Charter on Genocide covers such area of crises as happened after the presidential elections in the North. The UN is already investigating

Pls they should be fast about it, Buhari/Bakare should be tried and hanged ASAP!
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Beaf: 2:51pm On May 03, 2011
assme:

Pls they should be fast about it, Buhari/Bakare should be tried and hanged ASAP!

shocked shocked shocked
Guy, you de vex o!!! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 6:22pm On May 03, 2011
no be so e de vex, na as e biam, na so e take talkam
Re: Buhari Under Fire by humebuloe: 4:58pm On May 04, 2011
pray for our dear country nigeria
Re: Buhari Under Fire by 10cirenoh: 6:41pm On May 04, 2011
Beaf:

Nobody will bother with who registered the kids. Is anybody bothering now?
The only issue is, whose behalf they registered on, and there is overwhelming evidence that they voted CPC. There is written and video evidence, there is witness evidence and there is behavioural evidence. You know when they say the goose is cooked? Lol

Buhari hasn't brought any court case, contrary to your statement above, cos he will face an incriminating legal avalanche. cool

What are you trying to say please? you claimed underage voted for him and that there are evidence, please prove and show to US how you found out that underage voted for CPC

To see if you are truly intelligent, please answer this

What kinda voting method was used?
How then was it possible for a third party to know that a certain set of people voted for party A?
Who was the person that videotaped these underaged who voted for CPC?
Did they instruct the kids to show them their thumbprinted ballot paper after use?

Back to the registration question, IF THEY WERE ALLOWED TO REGISTER, WHY SHOULD THEY BE REFUSED TO VOTE?
Re: Buhari Under Fire by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On May 04, 2011
Think the problem should be how underaged ppl got to register in the first place
Re: Buhari Under Fire by Beaf: 7:02pm On May 04, 2011
10cirenoh:

What are you trying to say please? you claimed underage voted for him and that there are evidence, please prove and show to US how you found out that underage voted for CPC

To see if you are truly intelligent, please answer this

What kinda voting method was used?
How then was it possible for a third party to know that a certain set of people voted for party A?
Who was the person that videotaped these underaged who voted for CPC?
Did they instruct the kids to show them their thumbprinted ballot paper after use?

Back to the registration question, IF THEY WERE ALLOWED TO REGISTER, WHY SHOULD THEY BE REFUSED TO VOTE?

Dude, it is impossible to test intelligence by asking daft questions. There is evidence, deal with it; CPC is going to court, not so? The evidence will be tendered.
They will be legally punched out, logically bazookared and intellectually walloped until they stagger like reprobate drunks. lol!

RIP CPC. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndi Igbo For 2015(pix) / Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children / Independence day! FG Abandons Eagle Square For Fear Of Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.