Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets (5748 Views)

Imo Residents Scramble For Cash On The Expressway On Buhari’s Recent Visit / Buhari: Recent Governorship Polls Proved My Commitment To Credible Elections / No Foreign Pressure On President Buhari To Drop 2nd Term Bid – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by GOATandYAMtheory: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
NEWS AROUND NIGERIATwitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent TweetsPublished 3 hours ago on June 2, 2021By Gbolahan Adeyemi

Despite Nigerians’ demand for his account to be suspended on Tuesday, Twitter maintains President Muhammadu Buhari‘s “genocidal” message did not breach its rules.

Mr Buhari’s post reacting to the demolition of 42 Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) facilities across Nigeria, mainly in the South-East, sparked uproar on the microblogging platform.

The president promised that those guilty for the devastation would “soon be shocked out of their minds.”

“Many of those misbehaving now are too young to be aware of the havoc and deaths that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War,” he continued. Those of us who spent 30 months in the fields and lived through the conflict will speak to them in their own language.”

Critics lambasted the president for failing to fix the country’s long-running security problems while also threatening to unleash bloodshed akin to that which the Igbos experienced at the hands of federal government-controlled military during the civil war.

Despite considerable criticism that followed the tweet, accusing the president of declaring a genocidal war on the Igbos, Twitter confirmed in a statement that Mr Buhari did not break its guidelines.

“We’re writing to let you know that, after examining the available information, we didn’t detect a breach of our rules in the content you reported,” the firm wrote after numerous Nigerians complained about the president’s post and demanded that he be suspended from the platform.

“We appreciate that you let us know what happened,” Twitter said, adding that “we encourage you to call out again in the future if you identify any possible violations.”

The social media network, which is known for using harsh measures to enforce its rules, has suspended multiple accounts for dehumanization and content that could incite violence.

It blocked the account of China’s US embassy in January this year because of a post it deemed “dehumanizing.”

On January 7, a social media post supported China’s policy toward Muslim Uighurs in Xinjiang.

According to the account, Uighur women are no longer “baby creating robots,” citing a China Daily survey.

Following that, Twitter took down the tweet and replaced it with a notice that it was no longer available because it violates its policy prohibiting “the dehumanization of a group of individuals based on their religion, caste, age, handicap, serious disease, national origin, race, or ethnicity.”

https://newsdirect.ng/twitter-finally-speaks-on-president-buharis-recent-tweets/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Coldshisha: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
cool

Good one

How did he threaten a tribe or genocide

, 1: “Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War.

ARE UGM killing up and down burning zoo alive during the deadly war

2: Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war,

3: will treat them in the language they understand.”

QUESTION IS WHAT LANGUAGE WILL UGM killers and onion thieves understand

*42 INEC offices burnt,

*100s of security personnel dead

*Politicians killed

*1800 criminals freed from maximum security prison

*People's houses and businesses burnt

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by LegendHero(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
In summary:

They deleted the tweet but refused to block/suspend Buhari because he did not violate any Twitter rule based on the Tweet.

They will continue to monitor tweets in the future.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Fahdiga(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
I can bet my left sided buttock that Buhari doesn't know what Twitter is. His demented handlers has once again showed the whole world that Buhari barely knows he exists

17 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Maxymilliano(m): 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
The country should be at alert coz twitter cannot delete Buhari's mentality

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by colorsofrainbow: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
APC online miscreants are now factchecking upandan...Buhari truly fall their hand grin

12 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by DDDEnterprises: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:
The country should be at alert coz twitter cannot delete Buhari's mentality

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by OsuAmaka: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
There is nothing genocidal about the tweet.
It was rather a stern warning to the UGM killing security forces, burning federal infrastructures, looting goods belonging to the Northerners and assassinating their perceived northern enemies.
Buhari gave a shoot at sight order against anyone found carrying AK47 but no one went beserk because it was seen to be directed at the killer herdsmen. So, why are hypocrites screaming out their lungs when it involves their favorite UGM

-Osu amaka

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by richmond500: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
Buhari is a weakling or probably democracy deh dull the man
We will miss Abacha, cos he would have stopped this nonsense a long time ago with brute force and power

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by GOATandYAMtheory: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mynd44
Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by PrinceOfLagos: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2021
I will take it upon myself to keep frustrating Buhari until he Tweets something that will eventually lead to his lose of Twitter account .

The man has hot tempter and I will ride on that till he's eventually banned from Twitter and Facebook.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Racoon(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2021
As someone rightly said, Twitter can not verify Buhari's slow archiac thinking brain because his brain is always disconnected from his intuitive reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Bethel4Life(f): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
cry
Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Bethel4Life(f): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
I will take it upon myself to keep frustrating Buhari until he Tweets something that will eventually lead to his lose of Twitter account .

The man has hot tempter and I will ride on that till he's eventually banned from Twitter and Facebook.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by PrinceOfLagos: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2021
Bethel4Life:
grin grin
It's what I'm going to do to that useless president

1 Like

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Munzy14(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
Retired quota system armchair general....They usually talk without reasoning....Typical of a tribalist in the top position...

He forgot we are no longer in 1960s...This social media age...Even fly killed...goes viral.

I must rule , I must rule...just 6yrs...Everything don scatter...grin

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by JohnSin97: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
Soldiers are currently on their way to sad yeast.... twitter or MNK's rage can't stop them....but weaklings prefer optics.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by dat9jaguy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

After which your life will be better bah?
Don't go and improve your life be monitoring Buhari up and down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Vyzz: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
cool

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by PrinceOfLagos: 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
dat9jaguy:

After which your life will be better bah?
Don't go and improve your life be monitoring Buhari up and down.
Monitoring an idiot ?

I feed and clothe him and his family with my Tax money but since he has decided to bite the finger thats feeding him and his family, we would make Aso rock too hot for him .

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by dat9jaguy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Monitoring an idiot ?

I feed and clothe him and his family with my Tax money but since he has decided to bite the finger thats feeding him and his family, we would make Aso rock too hot for him .

Abegi spare me the yerns. How exactly did he bite your 'hands that are feeding him and his family'?
Please I need an answer so as to understand what is driving your hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Grace001: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
Disaster president

1 Like

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by GuyWise101(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Joromi1: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2021
Let them undo the delete then.
Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Depressed101: 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Fahdiga:
I can bet my left sided buttock that Buhari doesn't know what Twitter is. His demented handlers has once again showed the whole world that Buhari barely knows he exists
na Garba Shehu be nigeria Twitter president na

1 Like

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
What matters is that Nigerians who are still patriotic enough are winning in this war against the enemy of Nigeria; Buhari and his cohorts.

A whole president of a country, lacks diplomacy and shows divisiveness against a country he is the president. In which country can such happen if not in Nigeria where bigotry and crass ethnocentrism is upheld.

Twitter listened to the voice of those that matter in Nigeria and deleted the stupid divisive and foolish tweet.

Up yours!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Pusyiter(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mshewwwww
Na today Buhari dey give threat?
He threatened Boko men, yet they became stronger and have been fortified to ISWAP
He threatened kidnappers, they have been kidnapping the more and so on
In fact, his threats only fuel the crisis yet nothing happens
Mouthew Onu Buhari
Re: Twitter Finally Speaks On President Buhari’s Recent Tweets by Tinubuadvocate: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
Buhari don't have Twitter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants / Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner / Where Can I Donate Money To Buhari's Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.