Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Experiences With Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Experiences With Love? (3365 Views)

Guys, Has A Girl Ever Wooed You, Share Your Experiences / Your Experiences With A Nairalander / Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 11:17pm On May 02, 2011
Have you felt more pain than joy or more joy than pain?

How blind is it?

How much really is it to do with our preferences?

Do we ever get over the ones we had loved?

Is it really love if it doesn't last?

What love matters most?to you?

Re: Experiences With Love? by 190: 11:26pm On May 02, 2011
Very TRUE!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Experiences With Love? by BABE3: 11:36pm On May 02, 2011
--Pweety what's all these?  undecided---lol

@ Topic: IF I LOVE YOU, THEN I'LL LOVE YOU, NO MATTER WHAT! I only have 7 people I love. To me, love has categories, so Nuff Said! (The rest of the world fit into those categories! smiley )

That's my experience with love--grin
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 11:41pm On May 02, 2011
BABE oya shift . . .
Re: Experiences With Love? by iice(f): 3:40am On May 03, 2011
equal joy and pain.
Not blind but tolerant until the water reaches the level
Has alot to do with our preferences
Yes i did get over those i loved because i chose to.
It is, if for while it lasted it was true.
Love of thyself. . .and i don't mean in the way most people would interpret that
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 8:13pm On May 03, 2011
iice:

equal joy and pain.
Not blind but tolerant until the water reaches the level
Has alot to do with our preferences
Yes i did get over those i loved because i chose to.
It is, if for while it lasted it was true.
Love of thyself. . .and i don't mean in the way most people would interpret that

Hmmm 9ice1

But if it has a lot to do with preferences then how come it's blind?how come u can't help or u fall for?how come u can't stop it?or does this not apply 2 you?
Re: Experiences With Love? by Dyt(f): 9:07pm On May 03, 2011
Love cld b pain n joy
yh dere s tolerance so long d love s still so strong
wit whom I love i dont think dere r prefrences,i go wit everyth wit him even if i dont lyk it in d 1st place,i get b thinkin of it later lyk yh he loves it,ways 2 mk him happier u know
i lyk 2 jst mk my love all happy
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 9:09pm On May 03, 2011
Dyt:

Love cld b pain n joy
yh dere s tolerance so long d love s still so strong
wit whom I love i dont think dere r prefrences,i go wit everyth wit him even if i dont lyk it in d 1st place,i get b thinkin of it later lyk yh he loves it,ways 2 mk him happier u know
i lyk 2 jst mk my love all happy

Hmm Misses lova lova. . .dah lova mmm grin tongue
Re: Experiences With Love? by Dyt(f): 9:14pm On May 03, 2011
Well dats jst d way it s my dear
u endure d pain so u cld enjoy d pleasure
its rili a gd thing u know
havin atleast a phase of d 2 sides
cld b crazy mehn
*bringin back old memos*
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 9:23pm On May 03, 2011
Hmm has it been long dear?
Re: Experiences With Love? by livedit(f): 10:35pm On May 03, 2011
Love is "pain" and "joy". I guess this is why they say "love" (unconditional love) is "long suffering". There are times when it's hard to continue to love someone despite their ways. Or maybe they may do something or say something or even betray you and to still love them. To accept the good and bad in a person. That's unconditional love and some people can really "test" your love.

The bible says: you are to love your neighbor, as you love yourself. So even though I'm no longer "in-love" with my ex. I still "love" him. BUT, with the love of the Lord. For Jesus is Love. And since God is in livedit, then livedit does love him. But that does not mean I should have a relationship with him. I love him with the spirit of the Lord. I just thank God for Jesus, because without HIM, we are all lost.
Re: Experiences With Love? by iice(f): 3:40am On May 04, 2011
Pweety4me:

Hmmm 9ice1

But if it has a lot to do with preferences then how come it's blind?how come u can't help or u fall for?how come u can't stop it?or does this not apply 2 you?

Not blind like i said. You can help who you fall in love with.
You get attracted to someone because of the attributes you like and want.
He's tall. Good looking. Has money. etc etc These affect what you feel for someone.
Sometimes, there's something beneath all these attributes that you don't like, but you ignore that and focus more on what you want to see. So that causes problems. I can stop it, i can control it but then it's because i'm very mental about things.

Livedit is right about to accept the good and bad in a person. It's a choice you make. Just as loving someone is a choice you make.
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 3:49am On May 04, 2011
livedit:

Love is "pain" and "joy". I guess this is why they say "love" (unconditional love) is "long suffering". There are times when it's hard to continue to love someone despite their ways. Or maybe they may do something or say something or even betray you and to still love them. To accept the good and bad in a person. That's unconditional love and some people can really "test" your love.

The bible says: you are to love your neighbor, as you love yourself. So even though I'm no longer "in-love" with my ex. I still "love" him. BUT, with the love of the Lord. For Jesus is Love. And since God is in livedit, then livedit does love him. But that does not mean I should have a relationship with him. I love him with the spirit of the Lord. I just thank God for Jesus, because without HIM, we are all lost.

Hmm i hear that sister, this is the Revelation! cheesy cool

It no easy sha lipsrsealed smiley
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 3:54am On May 04, 2011
iice:

Not blind like i said. You can help who you fall in love with.
You get attracted to someone because of the attributes you like and want.
He's tall. Good looking. Has money. etc etc These affect what you feel for someone.
Sometimes, there's something beneath all these attributes that you don't like, but you ignore that and focus more on what you want to see. So that causes problems. I can stop it, i can control it but then it's because i'm very mental about things.

Livedit is right about to accept the good and bad in a person. It's a choice you make. Just as loving someone is a choice you make.

But but. . .if love is a feeling then why does all the physical & materialistic things matter?does attraction lead to love? so u can't just "fall in love" with someone without actually being able to point out why it is you fall in love with them?

It's not all the people we have liked or dated, happened to be the one's we always fancied from the very start?sometimes we grow to love?or grow to fall-in-love?can't it be a process sometimes?
Re: Experiences With Love? by iice(f): 4:11am On May 04, 2011
Love is not a living thing. It is just a something we give life too. Thus as flawed as we humans are.
Consequently the material and physical attributes. Love does not equal attraction but attraction plays a good part of tying yourself to another person.
You cannot be friends with someone you have no attraction too. Be it that you like how he/she thinks. What he/she does. . .etc. Not just physical attraction. There are things that draw you to someone. I don't think you can fall in love with someone without knowing why you fell in love with him/her. It could be his/her kindness, how he/she treats you etc. Maybe some cannot pinpoint what exactly caused it but they have a general idea of why. Unless they need and 'out' so they resort to the i don't know tactics. Which brings me to the process. Yes it can be a process. Sometimes it takes long, sometimes a shorter time. That's why you have the not fancied from the onset thing like you said. So yes you grow to love someone as you get to know the person, whatever of the person drew you or what of the person you eventually find out will help in making that leap.
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 4:14am On May 04, 2011
iice:

Love is not a living thing. It is just a something we give life too. Thus as flawed as we humans are.
Consequently the material and physical attributes. Love does not equal attraction but attraction plays a good part of tying yourself to another person.
You cannot be friends with someone you have no attraction too. Be it that you like how he/she thinks. What he/she does. . .etc. Not just physical attraction. There are things that draw you to someone. I don't think you can fall in love with someone without knowing why you fell in love with him/her. It could be his/her kindness, how he/she treats you etc. Maybe some cannot pinpoint what exactly caused it but they have a general idea of why. Unless they need and 'out' so they resort to the i don't know tactics. Which brings me to the process. Yes it can be a process. Sometimes it takes long, sometimes a shorter time. That's why you have the not fancied from the onset thing like you said. So yes you grow to love someone as you get to know the person, whatever of the person drew you or what of the person you eventually find out will help in making that leap.

Hmm thanx for the superb explanation & insight into everything cheesy grin the cherry is on you! cool tongue
Re: Experiences With Love? by iice(f): 4:22am On May 04, 2011
You're welcome. Now no make me right essay again eh tongue grin
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 4:33am On May 04, 2011
iice:

You're welcome. Now no make me right essay again eh tongue grin
Hehe ok 1 more things. . .just kiddin tongue

Sooooooo Iice baby r u feeling love?
wink
Re: Experiences With Love? by iice(f): 4:50am On May 04, 2011
Always grin grin
Re: Experiences With Love? by Nobody: 7:57am On May 04, 2011
love is pain and Joy

love is not blind it just turns a blind eye

very much, you are attracted to, what you prefer, but what you prefer might not be what is good for you.

we don't get over them we just grow up, and have a better understanding.

the issue of how long it lasts depends on how we handle issues that arise in our relationship. but also understand that when love is one sided it is bound to fail from the start.

it means everything, cos i found it.
Re: Experiences With Love? by MMM2(m): 4:05pm On May 04, 2011
love is wicked
Re: Experiences With Love? by Pweety4me(f): 10:48pm On May 04, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

love is pain and Joy

love is not blind it just turns a blind eye

very much, you are attracted to, what you prefer, but what you prefer might not be what is good for you.

we don't get over them we just grow up, and have a better understanding.

the issue of how long it lasts depends on how we handle issues that arise in our relationship. but also understand that when love is one sided it is bound to fail from the start.

it means everything, cos i found it.
Hmm

M M M:

love is wicked
Why?explain

(1) (Reply)

Reduce The Number Of Women In Your Life And Be Financially Buoyant. / Fake Love: How to Identify it. / The Best Ways To Handle A Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.