Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,708 members, 7,840,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Resilience Pays! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Resilience Pays! (956 Views)

Sultan Bin Salman Marries 25-Year-Old Lady, Pays $50m, Convoy Of 30 Range Rovers / Man Pays For Hotel Room For A Lady In Lagos. She Refuses Sex & This Happened / Man Marrying 6 Women In Delta, Pays Bride Price Of 3, Leaves 3 Stubborn Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hello guys so recently I decided to take up the challenge of buying a saving box and dropping any cash from 500 Naira upward into it just before the ordeal I talked about not too long ago
(see it here: https://www.nairaland.com/6436174/landlord-torturing-us ) at the current place which I'm staying. I started saving as soon as I paid the first rent in my current jaguda place (around August.) My friend helped me get the box and for a couple of days I kept staring at it because I didn't have anything to put in it. Lol. The thing been come dey vex me sef. But I thank God because before long, I started getting some cash to put in there. My target was N1,000 per day but if I get more than that, I'll just take out my transportation for the next day and put the rest in it (wasn't easy though). Some days were good, others not so good. Sometimes I'd go for over two weeks without having anything to put in there while sometimes I could get like 10k, take out my transportation and put in the rest. I am an artisan lest I forget so na daily money people like me dey count on. Nobody dey pay us salary grin grin grin....

Anyway I got the box around late October last year (2020) and started dropping money in it the following month. There were times I was tempted to open it but I resisted. I actually got the box to save up for my house rent. I did this so as not to touch the money in my account or start running around for rent when the time comes. I finally got a new house today that's why I opened it up. Guess how much I saw in there after about 8 months of consistent savings...... N219,000 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now I can pay my rent and I won't even know something left me. It's easier to pay your rent or for any other long term stuffs this way than taking it out of your bank account (na that one dey pain pass. Lol). Lest I forget when you have this box at home, make sure not to show it to unfriendly people. Hide am very well if you can and always pray against the spirit of premature opening grin grin grin grin grin grin....

I did this to inspire some people who have difficulty in saving. Do this for two years and you can buy a car or land depending on how much you consistently put in it. No be everything be prayer point.

I thank God and my friend who went ahead to still buy the box even when I told her not to because I changed my mind. Lol

God bless you guys for reading.

Mods please push this to front page to encourage others. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Resilience Pays! by Boomboost(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
OP, imagine say Adam resist temptation like you, we for no de experience this inflation.

You sha made $580. That's a well done from me.

Make sure you no give any chica chingum from that money. Double am through alternative investments. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Resilience Pays! by Bola146(f): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
shocked shocked congratulations.. Handiwork pays.... I wish I can do this embarassed sad
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Bola146:
shocked shocked congratulations.. Handiwork pays.... I wish I can do this embarassed sad

You can o. Everything na mind.
Re: Resilience Pays! by Bola146(f): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
ikechukwu21:

You can o. Everything na mind.

I wish ooo but business now is somehow, God help me.
Re: Resilience Pays! by mmadu5(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
this doesnt look like 219k mumu stop lying
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
mmadu5:
this doesnt look like 219k mumu stop lying

Hello sir, have you successfully registered for JAMB this year? We the concerned members of Psychiatry Association of Nigeria care about you because we know how frustrating it can be to be 30 and still stuck at home. By God's grace this year no go pass you by. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
Bola146:

I wish ooo but business now is somehow, God help me.

I understand bro. Try balance small then start. You can put in any amount. Try it for a year no matter how slow or fast the money comes in. At the end of the year take it out and re-invest it into your business
Re: Resilience Pays! by HarunaWest(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
I am a born spendthrift dude..Cant save mehn..Even the cheeze in ma account isnt safe.....I pray to imbibe this sorta attitude before I die.
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 12:05am On Jun 10, 2021
HarunaWest:
I am a born spendthrift dude..Cant save mehn..Even the cheeze in ma account isnt safe.....I pray to imbibe this sorta attitude before I die.

grin grin grin guy you funny.
Re: Resilience Pays! by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 10, 2021
ikechukwu21:
Hello guys so recently I decided to take up the challenge of buying a saving box and dropping any cash from 500 Naira upward into it. My friend helped me get the box and for a couple of days I kept staring at it because I didn't have anything to put in it. Lol. The thing been come dey vex me sef. But I thank God because before long, I started getting some cash to put in there. My target was N1,000 per day but if I get more than that, I'll just take out my transportation for the next day and put the rest in it (wasn't easy though). Some days were good, others not so good. Sometimes I'd go for over two weeks without having anything to put in there while sometimes I could get like 10k, take out my transportation and put in the rest. I am an artisan lest I forget so na daily money people like me dey count on. Nobody dey pay us salary grin grin grin....

Anyway I got the box around late October last year (2020) and started dropping money in it the following month. There were times I was tempted to open it but I resisted. I actually got the box to save up for my house rent. I did this so as not to touch the money in my account or start running around for rent when the time comes. I finally got a new house today that's why I opened it up. Guess how much I saw in there after about 8 months of consistent savings...... N219,000 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now I can pay my rent and I won't even know something left me. It's easier to pay your rent or for any other long term stuffs this way than taking it out of your bank account (na that one dey pain pass. Lol). Lest I forget when you have this box at home, make sure not to show it to unfriendly people. Hide am very well if you can and always pray against the spirit of premature opening grin grin grin grin grin grin....

I did this to inspire some people who have difficulty in saving. Do this for two years and you can buy a car or land depending on how much you consistently put in it. No be everything be prayer point.

I thank God and my friend who went ahead to still buy the box even when I told her not to because I changed my mind. Lol

God bless you guys for reading.

Mods please push this to front page to encourage others. Thanks.

Wow
Re: Resilience Pays! by Uncle93(m): 1:13am On Jun 10, 2021
HarunaWest:

Go download piggy bank app .. it will save yr and change ur life. I was worse than you
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 6:14am On Jun 10, 2021
HarunaWest:

Uncle93:

Go download piggy bank app .. it will save yr and change ur life. I was worse than you

Good advice. My guy please listen to this man's advise.

Savings on a small scale goes beyond just putting in little money everyday in a piggy bank. The idea is to build in us the capacity to persevere until we achieve our goals no matter how small and negligible our daily effort may seem. It builds in us resilience. Luckily enough for me I have an elder brother from whom I learnt how to save since my early days in secondary school. He didn't teach me outrightly rather I watched him keep buying stuffs from time to time and when I moved closer I discovered he never joked with a penny. He was and is still very good at savings and I've seen him achieve lots of things with it overtime. For example I know of a guy who used same piggy bank money to buy his first Honda car. He told me so and u was shocked. This was years ago fa and guess what? He does daily contribution now and he's almost done building his house as we speak.

1 Like

Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 6:18am On Jun 10, 2021
Boomboost:
OP, imagine say Adam resist temptation like you, we for no de experience this inflation.

You sha made $580. That's a well done from me.

Make sure you no give any chica chingum from that money. Double am through alternative investments. Good luck.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Resilience Pays! by VlamesIffect(f): 7:41am On Jun 10, 2021
Abeg that's not 219 jare no dey exaggerate

Still weldone.
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 8:48am On Jun 10, 2021
VlamesIffect:
Abeg that's not 219 jare no dey exaggerate

Still weldone.

Shey I sound like a child to you abi? Zoom in on the pictures. Those money are not straight because of the way I had to fold multiple of them before putting them into the box. The 500 Naira notes are even more compressed than the 1k notes. The 500 Naira notes are 61k and there are five 200 Naira notes on it. Do the maths to get the balance.
Re: Resilience Pays! by VlamesIffect(f): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2021
ikechukwu21:

Shey I sound like a child to you abi? Zoom in on the pictures. Those money are not straight because of the way I had to fold multiple of them before putting them into the box. The 500 Naira notes are even more compressed than the 1k notes. The 500 Naira notes are 61k and there are five 200 Naira notes on it. Do the maths to get the balance.

No take am personal now...
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2021
VlamesIffect:

No take am personal now...

Me wey count my own money tell you, you talk say e no reach. 219k no be money to begin with. I did this just to encourage lazy savers.
Re: Resilience Pays! by VlamesIffect(f): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2021
ikechukwu21:

Me wey count my own money tell you, you talk say e no reach. 219k no be money to begin with. I did this just to encourage lazy savers.

No vex.

Run play 2 odds make you double am to 438. Wire me the extra 219.

Make we call am truce.
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 10:11am On Jun 10, 2021
VlamesIffect:

No vex.

Make we call am truce.

You no too well grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Resilience Pays! by VlamesIffect(f): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2021
ikechukwu21:

You no too well grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin
Re: Resilience Pays! by derbykol(f): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2021
VlamesIffect:

No vex.

Make we call am truce.
E fit cut ooooo grin.
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2021
derbykol:
E fit cut ooooo grin.

The guy wan lead me astray grin grin
Re: Resilience Pays! by 1F30M4(f): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2021
It's hard to save with the everyday increase in the prices of goods & services.. You're doing great, Ikechukwu.. May God bless the work of your hands and multiply your daily profits also.
Re: Resilience Pays! by ikechukwu21(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
1F30M4:
It's hard to save with the everyday increase in the prices of goods & services.. You're doing great, Ikechukwu.. May God bless the work of your hands and multiply your daily profits also.

Amen. Thank you sweetie.

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Becomes A Reggae Musician / “it Is Not The Devil That Tells You To Masturbate, It Is Your Hormones / Lady Turns A Tiktok Challenge Into A P.∅.r.ñ Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.