Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban (12165 Views)

Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same / APC: Outcome Of Food Blockage Shows North, South Need Each Other / INEC: Lawan Reacts To Alleged N2bn Bribe For Yakubu's Reappointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by oshozondii: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has broken his silence on the suspension of micro blogging and social network platform, Twitter, in Nigeria.

Recall that the Minister of information and Tourism, Lai Mohammed, had last Friday announced the indefinite suspension of Twitter’s operations in the country.

Mohammed stated that the government was forced to act because of “the persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence.”

The suspension of Twitter has continued to spark widespread outrage, with many Nigerians condemning the move.

Reacting to the development, Lawan said that Nigeria and Twitter need each other.

He spoke at a briefing in Abuja to mark the second anniversary of the 9th Senate on Friday.

“Our belief is that Nigeria needs Twitter just as Twitter needs Nigeria,“ Lawan said.

“Our expectation is that we will be able to resolve this issue.

”But beyond that, I am optimistic and I believe that all of us would have learnt our lessons.”

He added: “I believe this is the worst level we could get to. We cannot go beyond this level, it could only be better.

“I believe we are going to have a reversal of this situation very soon. We shouldn’t despair, we shouldn’t be despondent. We should have hope and optimism that our situation will be better.”
https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/11/nigeria-twitter-need-each-other-lawan-reacts-to-ban/?amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Nbotee(m): 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
Useless Rubber stamp even follow dey talk

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by binsanni(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Rubber stamp

Person wey God go punish

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by inoki247: 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
lol I don't even understand if we are been punished by God cause any little thing wey dey giv us Joy our politicians will choose to take it away from us.....

God if we offend u abg forgive us....

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Cammo: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Late reaction. You should have remained mute as usual. Rubber stamp oshi.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by kaeycea(m): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
See as this rubber stamp dey talk as if he get opinion..
Useless Senate president.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by F3dan: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good.

Meanwhile I have a serviced one room self contain in Angungi, Lekki Lagos, with a standard master bedroom for rent. Contact on my signature for details.
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
Jack made one statement since

We don't know Buhari or what country he rules

Meanwhile multiple convulsion for FG

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by TimmyTen(m): 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
Twitter suspension in Nigeria exposes our toothless and spineless Senate yet again….In a normal democratic elected government, the Minister of Misinformation has no right whatsoever to single handedly pass a decree or implement a policy without the Senate/Nass deliberating and passing it into Law. Senate has played its impotent role as usual over the past week on this issue.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by wunmi590(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
shocked
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by MarveworldG: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by bigdammyj: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Noted
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Petersamuel8(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
In as much as I am against the ban on twitter, I still think twitter needs Nigeria more, who wouldn't want to operate in Africa's largest market?
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by GreenFarmsNG: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Sante, na him all of Una be. Sante
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Mopolchi: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Rubber stamp sinate presido

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Mexzy4sho(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Built2last: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
that Donut is not speaking
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by uchelouis45(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
T
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Sholaco: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Twitter is not needed please
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by MrMcJay(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
I have never seen a Senate President so ridiculed like this Lawan.

The funny thing is that he is always the one ridiculing himself.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by GboyegaD(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hmm...all these kind talk dey angry person.
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by adebayo201: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
grin

Until June 12 my people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Afamcy: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
This buhari is just a devil in human form

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by mbahdi(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Useless rubber stamp lawan

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by ChangetheChange: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
grin grin grin
Rubber stamp senate president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Trust me 90% of these men don't even know what Twitter is
Re: Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban by FalseProphet1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Buhari banned twitter because he doesn't know what it's all about, the northerners are in support of his (Buhari) action because they're ignorant and have refused to accept that fact that we're in the tech age, a portion of the south are in support of the ban, not because they're ignorant like their illiterate northern counterparts, but because they've sold their conscience for crumbs of bread.

This I have seen.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Imposes Dusk-To-Dawn Curfew, Shuts Down Schools / Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading / Ghana Navy Adjudged Best In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.