Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,279 members, 7,826,082 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Design A Flag For Odua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Design A Flag For Odua (14527 Views)

Odua, Diaspora Groups Endorse Jonathan’s Re-election Bid / BREAKING NEWS: South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag For Nelson Mandela / Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2011
Many of my kinsmen have been clamoring for an independent Yoruba nation and i support them 100%.The question now is are we prepared for a new nation,i mean what will we call the nation ,what will our flag look like ,what will our coat of arms look like,where will our capital be, what will our national anthem sound like and who will write our constitution?

I know that we are Oduduwa but in my opinion ,the name oduduwa is too long for the name of a country in this day and age.For example if we go with republic of Oduduwa ,we will be known as Oduduwas.On the other hand if we go with my preferred of option of naming the nation ODUA ,we will be known as ODUANS.I also don't want to go with old school trend of referring our selves as the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF ODUA ,it just sounds old school.

I hope we can come up with a unique name for our country like : SOVEREIGN TERRITORY OF ODUA (STO) for short or[b] AMALGAMATED STATES OF ODUA[/b] (ASO) for short.Those are just simple ideas ,i am sure more people will make better suggestions.The whole federal republic thing just sound crapy to me. I don't know why but every time i hear the word republic ,i just think of the army.

The capital should be located either in Lagos ,Ogun or Ondo as they are the only ODUA states with direct access to the sea.

And now to the flag ,we should take a cue from South Africa who ditched their racist flag and designed a modernized flag which has stunned people all over the world.Even Mozambique wants to do away with it's embarrassing flag which features an AK47 on it.I have designed some simple but IMO opinion pretty modern flags.I will like to see your own flag design posted on this thread.

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by EzeUche2(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2011
Isn't this funny. Why Odua nation now?

Opposition is not something you all like? grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Chyz2: 4:16pm On May 04, 2011
Lmao!
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2011
EzeUche_:

Isn't this funny. Why Odua nation now?

Opposition is not something you all like?  grin

You and i know that each region of Nigeria has its own region agenda and goals.One Nigeria seems to be a farce day by day.Can we please keep this thread battle free,surely you must have some decency to keep insults away from this thread and not to interrupt it unnecessarily?We are here to see what the ODUA graphic designers on NL can do.You are welcome to create a a thread for a new biafra flag.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by EzeUche2(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2011
playmode:

You and i know that each region of Nigeria has its own region agenda and goals.One Nigeria seems to be a farce day by day.Can we please keep this thread battle free,surely you must have some decency to keep insults away from this thread and not to interrupt it unnecessarily?We are here to see what the ODUA graphic designers on NL can do.You are welcome to create a a thread for a new biafra flag.

Your brothers and sisters have messed up plenty of Pro-Biafra threads in the past. But I will not derail this thread. I simply find it funny that you all are calling Nigeria a farce now that you are in opposition. Sounds very hypocritical to me. The number of Odua nation threads that have been created in the last few days. grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Bawss1(m): 4:26pm On May 04, 2011
Before anybody designs anything have you guys consulted Becomerich? This is his forte after all.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2011
Bawss1:

Before anybody designs anything have you guys consulted Becomerich? This is his forte after all.  

LOL ,not yet.I believe he will display his own design shortly. grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 4:36pm On May 04, 2011
EzeUche_:

Your brothers and sisters have messed up plenty of Pro-Biafra threads in the past. But I will not derail this thread. I simply find it funny that you all are calling Nigeria a farce now that you are in opposition. Sounds very hypocritical to me. The number of Odua nation threads that have been created in the last few days. grin

You are free to display where on NL i supported One Nigeria.I supported Pat UTomi for president that is all.I have been against one Nigeria for a very long time.I believe the nation will split before 2015,i am just not sure when.I just hope ODUA leaders are focusing on how to steer the ODUA nation clear of the debris that the split will leave in its wake and take the nation to greater heights.I don't believe ODUA is in opposition.All ODUA states are being run by ACN with the exception of of kwara so there is nothing to oppose in yorubaland. grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abopal: 5:35pm On May 04, 2011
[size=20pt]So dumb[/size]
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abopal: 5:51pm On May 04, 2011
Maybe this will help you!

1 Like

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 04, 2011
LOL brilliant thread kiss

It should not be the same bland GWG as Nigeria's sha. undecided

I tried decorating my car with Nigeria's color. Not really cute at all embarassed

Amixture of gold and royal blue?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2011
abopal:

[size=20pt]So dumb[/size]

abopal:

Maybe this will help you!

Now look at who is calling someone dumb.Do you even know what the word flag means? Odeburuku, since when does a painting qualify as a flag? Bad belle people
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by ektbear: 9:35pm On May 04, 2011
I've never been a fan of names like the Odua Republic. A bit too ethnic, no?

Thinking something more generic and nonspecific like "West African Federation", something like that might be better. I dunno, just my own opinion.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by seanet02: 10:37pm On May 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

I've never been a fan of names like the Odua Republic. A bit too ethnic, no?

Thinking something more generic and nonspecific like "West African Federation", something like that might be better. I dunno, just my own opinion.
West African Federation ko, West American Federation ni. You can not understand the importance of Oduduwa until you can pronunce correctly and can know the importance of being associated with "Ori Olokun"
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by ektbear: 10:43pm On May 04, 2011
^-- hehe grin

Fair enough. I'm probably not the best person to be choosing the name.

The reason why I'm against ethnic names like that. . . well, what if Niger State and the non-Yoruba parts of Kogi are invited? They don't have any connection to Odua. Etc, etc.

Niger State in particular, Nupes have no reason to prefer Hausa-Fulani to us. Yorubaland is far richer than Hausaland, gives them access to the sea, etc. If you are a bit more inclusive, you can add that territory to your nation.

Basically, you want to be inclusive rather than exclusive, in my opinion. Is it really necessary to name your country Odua Republic?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 10:53pm On May 04, 2011
This is a design I saw some weeks ago on nairaland.com by one guy name ifele. The flags looks simple. He even designed a coat of arms.

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by seanet02: 10:55pm On May 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- hehe grin

Fair enough. I'm probably not the best person to be choosing the name.

The reason why I'm against ethnic names like that. . . well, what if Niger State and the non-Yoruba parts of Kogi are invited? They don't have any connection to Odua. Etc, etc.

Niger State in particular, Nupes have no reason to prefer Hausa-Fulani to us. Yorubaland is far richer than Hausaland, gives them access to the sea, etc. If you are a bit more inclusive, you can add that territory to your nation.

Basically, you want to be inclusive rather than exclusive, in my opinion. Is it really necessary to name your country Odua Republic?

We are not interested in Niger or Nupe people. The only area that belongs to us in the north is what we will take and that is the Yoruba speaking part of kwara and kogi. Places like Ilorin, offa,kogi, kabbah, ekiti of kwara, ajaokuta and other that belongs to us is all we needed. To hell with inclusive country with almajiris. That Oduduwa is like a TM, we wont trade it for any thing. Jokes apart Dapo you need to start learning how to speak Yoruba fluently. It will help a lot.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 10:56pm On May 04, 2011
Here is that guys coat of arms for Yorubaland-Odua
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 11:00pm On May 04, 2011
Coat of arms for Yorubaland

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abopal: 11:00pm On May 04, 2011
playmode:

Now look at who is calling someone dumb.Do you even know what the word flag means? Odeburuku, since when does a painting qualify as a flag? Bad belle people

I wasnt giving u a flag like the imaginary ones you painted with hair brush over there.
I am showing you the future of the laughable 'Odua' Idea.

STO my foot!

[size=30pt]NIGERIA - GREAT NATION, GOOD PEOPLE!![/size]

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abadaba(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2011
This stupendous thread is good for the rubbish bin. Nonsense.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by ektbear: 11:07pm On May 04, 2011
@seanet02: Fair enough. My own view is a bit different. . . if naija scatters, you want to think not only of your immediate needs, but of your future needs (needs several hundred years into the future, even.) Niger State is a huge swath of land that is also largely empty. If you add it now, then 500 years from now you'll have a place for your population to expand into.

Seems shortsighted to pass up the opportunity to add prime land to your territory over a name issue.

Agreed, my Yoruba needs to get better. But hard to find time.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abopal: 11:07pm On May 04, 2011
cool
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abadaba(m): 11:08pm On May 04, 2011
This stupendous thread is good for the rubbish bin. Nonsense.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by ektbear: 11:12pm On May 04, 2011
@Andre Uweh/abadaba: It isn't by force that you must post in every thread. If you don't like the topic, feel free to find another thread that you enjoy.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by mensdept: 11:16pm On May 04, 2011
Well Well, a flag for Odua eh?

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Desola(f): 11:24pm On May 04, 2011
Not feeling that coat of arms o. Looks similar to the Nazi sign somehow.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Katsumoto: 11:37pm On May 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

@seanet02: Fair enough. My own view is a bit different. . . if naija scatters, you want to think not only of your immediate needs, but of your future needs (needs several hundred years into the future, even.) Niger State is a huge swath of land that is also largely empty. If you add it now, then 500 years from now you'll have a place for your population to expand into.

Seems shortsighted to pass up the opportunity to add prime land to your territory over a name issue.

Agreed, my Yoruba needs to get better. But hard to find time.

What is the point in fighting for a new country based on the current problems only to end up in a new country with Niger State. If land is the issue, then there is plenty of land in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Kogi, and Ondo. Lagos will likely be a little more de-congested. If there is a population issue in 500 years, including Niger is unlikely to solve it.

Besides, which Yoruba people would want to be in the same country with IBB and Abdulsalam?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Rhino5dm: 11:44pm On May 04, 2011
Am working on my 3D flag. First of its kind. Lol.

Check out my profile pix, I actual model it with 3D max 2011(nairaland logo). No photoshop. No vray.
Mental ray and daylight stimulations.

That was my un-banned kalo nut for Mukina2.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by ektbear: 11:47pm On May 04, 2011
@Katsumoto: If it is IBB and Abdulsalami you fear. . . well both are old men. Who knows how much longer they have? In any case, their power comes from the "North", not Niger State alone. If you separate Niger State from the north, then their power largely goes away.

Regarding Niger State and population issues. . . well, it pushes the window out further by a # of years. I'd rather have a territory of 200,000+ square km rather than one of only 125K square km, if all I have to do is to not name my country "Odua Republic." Who cares about the name, anyway? Shouldn't be that high on the priority list.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Katsumoto: 12:04am On May 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Katsumoto: If it is IBB and Abdulsalami you fear. . . well both are old men. Who knows how much longer they have? In any case, their power comes from the "North", not Niger State alone. If you separate Niger State from the north, then their power largely goes away.

Regarding Niger State and population issues. . . well, it pushes the window out further by a # of years. I'd rather have a territory of 200,000+ square km rather than one of only 125K square km, if all I have to do is to not name my country "Odua Republic." Who cares about the name, anyway? Shouldn't be that high on the priority list.

I disagree and I suspect many in odua and Niger State will as well. The reasoning behind your plan is not dissimilar to the reasons why some wanted Nigeria at all costs even when it was obvious that it was going to be an uphill task. I suspect people in Niger State will be offended by that reason.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by aloyemeka2: 12:30am On May 05, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/433905_eth_jpg3dc3d69cfb119fb45102abbe0aa8f5ff

Make sure you insert this picture in the flag so the new nation can attract rich male investors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-PDP Chairman Arrested For Political Assassination / Tambuwal Has No Regrets For Praising The Opposition / Aregbesola To Create 31 Local Councils More In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.