Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Design A Flag For Odua - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Design A Flag For Odua (14573 Views)

Odua, Diaspora Groups Endorse Jonathan’s Re-election Bid / BREAKING NEWS: South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag For Nelson Mandela / Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2011
chino11:

Who is this maggot? Shut up, didn't u see the way OBJ is sleeping with her daughter in-law. The worst of it now is that he is sleeping with her daughter. What could be more sacrilegious than that. The worst people on planet earth today are the Yorubas SOUTHWEST (NIGERIA). The greater criminals are Yorubas and their jazz. The likes of tinubu, bode george, fani kayode, obj, fashola and so many Yoruba people too numerous to mention are all arm-robbers from SW. Crime in SA are all committted by Yorubas. Their girls are all into prostitution all over Nigeria even here in the east and ph. Useless people their is nothing Yorubas touch that works. See their home, its all about killings and jazz and rituals. Nollywood belongs to us and we will never ever allow you guys to come into it. Yorubas wey poo inside bedroom. Dirty people. Maybe na plate you dey wash for there. Yoruba

Did you watch the video? or your broke a.z.z can't afford broadband internet.Go and watch the video and tell me if your 72 brothers who were arrested are not the worst set of vermin one can find on the planet.You are hated every where you go because you are parasites ,all you know is crime and fast money.You are comparing child slavery ,child abuse and human trafficking to JAZZ? You are such a sick dumpling, Ode buruku.

So Tinubu is an an armed robber now ? So what is James Ibori? Crime in SA is committed by Yorubas? LOL ,show us proof now.Take your nollywood with you,don't watch nolly and i am sure many yorubas don't watch nollywood. Nollywood is crap.In 2011 they are using home cams to shoot full movies.Movies that lack quality,in a year you people release over 1 billion movies but still have not won one single Oscar award.SA that releases and average of 20 movies a years has won 2 oscars already.Even the name nollywood shows that you IGBOS have lazy brains,why nollywood? Can't you folks be original and give your industry a unique name.Instead you just recycled the "H" from hollywood and added "N" .Shows your massive inferiority complexes.

The earlier you people take your bow legs out our land the better.  grin

abopal:

I GUESS WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN RSA IS MALE PROSTITUTION.
that is if you are really there.
I can't imagine such devilish words proceeding from the same mind that rolled out many Prefab Container buildings the other day.  Gosh!!

Yes o ,i am a male love-peddler,if you need your A.Z.Z drilled ,i am the guy to call.You can reach me of 0800 Zap .O.F.F

Devilish word ? Toto na devilish word? Are you one of those  "chop chop" man of GOD? Since when is toto a devilish word,it is the name we call a woman's womanliness in pidgin english so i still baffled at what relation that has to satan.Are you saying women's vagainas is belongs to the devil.  grin

Yeye person ,see as he dey clime like say he never taste toto before. bad belle!  grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by chino11(m): 2:24pm On May 05, 2011
LMAO. Well said. Your right he is a male prostitute in SA, parading the street
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2011
chino11:

LMAO. Well said. Your right he is a male love-peddler in SA, parading the street

Well said? why am i not surprised,the standard of education in Nigeria today is so low.

The real question you should ask yourself is " what am i doing here?" This is a non tribalistic thread that was created to explore the idea of designing a flag for ODua but as usual, IGBOS like yourself being the porch monkeys that you are did not have the decency to pass on by and ignore the thread.Your lover "abnormal" or whatever his name is came into the thread posting an insult.

You should ask around,i am very polite guy but i never shy away from a fight.If you were not raised properly from home ,they will raise you properly outside.Simple fact of life.

Learn to control yourself in future ,you can see most of my comments ended with a grin.If you were intelligent you would know that i am not taking all these crap the two of you are posting seriously,you have continued to embarrass yourselves over a non issue. Odua flags are being posted here ,don't make a nuisance of yourself.I did not start this thread so i can communicate orang o tangs like you.I started this thread so i can share ideas.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by chino11(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2011
playmode:

Did you watch the video? or your broke a.z.z can't afford broadband internet.Go and watch the video and tell me if your 72 brothers who were arrested are not the worst set of vermin one can find on the planet.You are hated every where you go because you are parasites ,all you know is crime and fast money.You are comparing child slavery ,child abuse and human trafficking to JAZZ? You are such a sick dumpling, Ode buruku.

So Tinubu is an an armed robber now ? So what is James Ibori? Crime in SA is committed by Yorubas? LOL ,show us proof now.Take your nollywood with you,don't watch nolly and i am sure many yorubas don't watch nollywood. Nollywood is crap.In 2011 they are using home cams to shoot full movies.Movies that lack quality,in a year you people release over 1 billion movies but still have not won one single Oscar award.SA that releases and average of 20 movies a years has won 2 oscars already.Even the name nollywood shows that you IGBOS have lazy brains,why nollywood? Can't you folks be original and give your industry a unique name.Instead you just recycled the "H" from hollywood and added "N" .Shows your massive inferiority complexes.

The earlier you people take your bow legs out our land the better.  grin

Nollywood is now the 2nd largest in the world, It was the world that gave us that ranking ok. Imagine the Ndigbo behind the 2nd largest movie industry in the world. Mehn this is a feat Yorubas cannot even achieve even in the next one billion years. We are ahead you guys by the distance of the sun to the planet earth. So go sit down and love-vendor a man cos that is what brought you to SA in the first place lmao
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 2:40pm On May 05, 2011
chino11:

Nollywood is now the 2nd largest in the world, It was the world that gave us that ranking ok. Imagine the Ndigbo behind the 2nd largest movie industry in the world. Mehn this is a feat Yorubas cannot even achieve even in the next one billion years. We are ahead you guys by the distance of the sun to the planet earth. So go sit down and love-vendor a man cos that is what brought you to SA in the first place lmao

Yes Yorubas will never achieve that feat in 1 billion years instead they will exceed in it 5 months because they don't dabble in cheap and low quality stuff.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by EzeUche2(m): 2:41pm On May 05, 2011
This is a funny rivalry.

Anyway Playmode, you are not known to make tribalistic comments so why join the battle?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is a funny rivalry.

Anyway Playmode, you are not known to make tribalistic comments so why join the battle?

Thank you Eze uche for that observation.You know sometimes when a child is pinching you ,you can ignore him for a while but when he becomes too persistent you must slap him hard on the face.It is not a crime to start a thread like this ,even if Odua does not become a country ,there is no reason why we can't have a flag.It can be seen as a tribal flag,it is not illegal .The thread was meant to be hypothetical and fun but these uncircumcised hotheaded youngsters just think that gra gra is everything.It seems like they are still both stuck in Nigeria so they have not gone out the country to exhale,you know what i mean now  grin Na owu dey cause am. I don't like getting involved in tribalistic threads but sometimes on NL ,it is hard to ignore because people just ask for trouble here.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by abopal: 2:50pm On May 05, 2011
^ Hhnmmmm
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Katsumoto: 3:21pm On May 05, 2011
Eziachi:

Is it really you saying all these or someone hijacked your NL ID? I cannot believe you of all people. What happened? The mere mention of Biafra as a sovereign state normally send you into the orbit and here you are making some Biafran sentiment of your own for your own people and even makig some sense too.
I asked again, what happened?
It goes to show how unpredictable we humans can be and following any human blindlly is a recipe for disaster.
We the Biafrans told you so that one day, the stone rejected by the builder will become the chief corner stone.  
First, Ijaw people now calling Igbos their brothers and giving themselves Igbo names in the middle of the afternoon. What else next?

One needs to understand the context in which a statement was made before one responds otherwise one risks jumping into the middle of a discussion and making a fool of oneself. Secondly, the ability to comprehend surely helps in public debates.

Where did I advocate strongly for Odua nation? My contribution was merely academic as was the original post. Explain to me how my discussion of Biafra (a chapter in Nigeria history) is remotely connected to this topic? The only connection is the talk of secession/disintegration of Nigeria. Or are you suggesting that any desire for any region to attempt to secede is contingent upon Biafran actualisation? Lets ASSUME for a second that I was/am against Biafran actualisation; how does that preclude me from being in support of Odua secession or Niger Delta secession or Middle Belt secession? Will an intelligent thinker not let his decision be swayed by the facts and the background?

Ndu_chuks gave a strongly veiled threat against Odua secession and I merely educated him giving a historical perspective as well. Can your enemy/rival plan your strategy for you? Wasn't it premature of Ndu_chuks to assume the manner in which Odua republic would be actualised? If and when Yoruba folks decide to secede or the whole country decide they have had enough, no manner of chest beating or war mongering will stop it.

Here you go assuming that I have had some kind of transformation. You are unable to understand my objectives because I do not state them explicitly. Lets not take chatting with anonymous strangers too seriously; anyone can be anywhere chatting rubbish or making sense. Don't get your knickers in a twist; no serious Odua strategist will discuss Odua actualisation on NL. Threads about flags, anthems, coat of arms, etc are not serious concerns.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by enyojo(f): 3:31pm On May 05, 2011
playmode, this is not the way to get to the front page!
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2011
with the most recent replies on this thread in consideration, my fear of the futures of Nigeria and it's constituent tribes is heightened.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 4:23pm On May 05, 2011
I just have to put out the flag and coat of arms again. I think I know the meaning. The guy ifele has given me his email. I had to write him to explain the flag and the coat of arms. This was what he said.

For the flag: He (ifele) said blue represents the noble leaders and all noble virtues. White represents peace. Red represents the revolution and the public, red is the bottom foundation of the flag of the struggle for freedom and independence. Red is also the color of living blood running through the hearts of the people.

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 4:39pm On May 05, 2011
This is me again loco4love.OK. This is what ifele is saying about the coat of arms.His email is shaarjo@yahoo.ca.
I think the guy is canadian or he is living there.Look at his email. .ca means canada.
Ok he said in the email that the symbol in the centre of the shield is some kind of monogram an ancient symbol of union between God the Creator and the Messiah or Christ. He said the name in Gold: H-Y-H. Is the very name of the Eleda/Oludasile the Creator. He said that Ife Ile is where it all started for Yoruba so he put the name of the city Ife on the coat of arms. I have been researching the symbol that looks like a bird a dove or eagle. Maybe its a symbol of the Holy Spirit. What do you think about this?

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2011
loco4love:

I just have to put out the flag and coat of arms again. I think I know the meaning. The guy ifele has given me his email. I had to write him to explain the flag and the coat of arms. This was what he said.

For the flag: He (ifele) said blue represents the noble leaders and all noble virtues. White represents peace. Red represents the revolution and the public, red is the bottom foundation of the flag of the struggle for freedom and independence. Red is also the color of living blood running through the hearts of the people.

I understand what you are saying but this flag look like a French flag turned sideways.We can retain the colors but change the design so that our flag can be easily identified and not mistaken for another country's flag ,check out the flag of France here and draw your conclusion :

http://images.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=1109&q=french+flag&gbv=2&aq=0s&aqi=g-s4g-ms1&aql=&oq=franch+f

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 5:02pm On May 05, 2011
loco4love:

This is me again loco4love.OK. This is what ifele is saying about the coat of arms.His email is shaarjo@yahoo.ca.
I think the guy is canadian or he is living there.Look at his email. .ca means canada.
Ok he said in the email that the symbol in the centre of the shield is some kind of monogram an ancient symbol of union between God the Creator and the Messiah or Christ. He said the name in Gold: H-Y-H. Is the very name of the Eleda/Oludasile the Creator. He said that Ife Ile is where it all started for Yoruba so he  put the name of the city Ife on the coat of arms. I have been researching the symbol that looks like a bird a dove or eagle. Maybe its a symbol of the Holy Spirit. What do  you think about this? 

And why are the words under coat of arm written in latin?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 5:03pm On May 05, 2011
Lets  end the senseless malice on this thread.

This thread was to encourage people to design a flag of Yorubaland.

Now look what it is turning into. Stop the irrational hatred.

If words could break bones there would be a lot of broken bones among members of this thread.

So let us stop this malicious madness. Peace and Love must reign.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 5:12pm On May 05, 2011
to playmode

Yeah I almost forgot about that. This is what ifele said. OK. He said the meaning of the LATIN sentence:

VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI

BY THE POWER OF TRUTH I HAVE CONQUERED THE WORLD.

so he said from a spiritual point of view we all have to conquer the wicked world by espousing truthfulness not by violence.

I researched the phrase and it was coined by a writer in 18th century European named Goethe. Is this guy trying to teach us latin. I mean ifele. What do you think about this? Why would he use latin? Have to ask him.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 5:22pm On May 05, 2011
I think that motto of the coat of arms is a little strange.i would have gone for : Knowledge before power.

I feel that the coat of arms should be developed from templates like this:

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Desola(f): 5:24pm On May 05, 2011
@Loco4love,

that coat of arms is terrible! shocked

It looks like a headstone of a Nazi. Please come up with something better jo.

@Playmode,

Omo oko ni e. I gbadun your responses. grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Desola(f): 5:26pm On May 05, 2011
@Playmode,

I gbadun those coat of arms o.

I can visualise them as crests on polo shirts already. grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by playmode(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2011
Desola:

@Loco4love,

that coat of arms is terrible! shocked

It looks like a headstone of a Nazi. Please come up with something better jo.

@Playmode,

Omo oko ni e. I gbadun your responses. grin

Desola:

@Playmode,

I gbadun those coat of arms o.

I can visualise them as crests on polo shirts already. grin

Thank you jare,we dey try o grin
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 8:24pm On May 05, 2011
to playmode and Desola

The colors are good. Thats is blue, white and red. Many countries use this combination of colors. Cuba, France, USA, even Liberia. I dont think ifele is trying to copy the French flag by turning it upside down. But this is what he also told me. That the flag he designed is a revolutionary flag just as French people started a revolution that got rid of Louis the Bourbon's oppression, we have to start a revolution in nIGERIA and abroad that will free YORUBA people from oppression, lack of freedoms and lack of independence. Ifele also said you can buy a Dutch flag fly it upside down and voila: you have the Yorubaland-IfeIle flag.

If you want to email ifele: shaarjo@yahoo.ca

The coat of arms is not scary but it can be misunderstood. It is not a swastika or emblem of nazism. Please understand this as ifele explained it to me. What do you think about this?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 8:40pm On May 05, 2011
The shape of the coat or arms is similar to the shape of the shields ancient Egyptian soldiers used to carry in battle.
Please look below.

Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 8:51pm On May 05, 2011
Please Desola its not a headstone of any nazi.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 05, 2011

[size=18pt]Nigeria: It is Time to Form a Yoruba Nation[/size]

UNLESS we want to deceive ourselves or we genuinely fail to see reality then we must accept that the voters that went to the polls last week to decide who should be governors did not only elect their governors. They also used their thumbprint and ballot papers to draw a map that clearly states that the time has come to form a Yoruba nation.

Those voters expressed their wishes in a legal and sophisticated manner, so their leaders too, if worthy of leading such people, must execute the expressed wishes in a legal and sophisticated way and therein lies the challenge. They need to, within the respect of the laws and within the borders of a federal Nigeria, form a Yoruba nation that I recommend should be cosmopolitan and progressive.

For those who wonder what is a nation? Let us reply with Renan and explain that a nation is a soul, a spiritual principle. Two things, which in truth are but one constitutes this soul or spiritual principle. One lies in the past, one in the present. One is the possession in common of a rich legacy of memories; the other is present-day consent, the desire to live together, the will to perpetuate the value of the heritage that one has received in an undivided form. A nation's existence is a daily plebiscite.

It is not the first time that the people in the various states that make up the Yoruba region (the official term they use in Nigeria is insipidly South-West) will express their desire by voting in unison. They did it by voting the Action Group (AG), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Alliance for Democracy (AD) and now the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). Let us make no mistake about it. The common thread in this voting pattern has being and continue to be progressive ideas and programmes according to the preaching and practice of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Like their parents did in the days of the late Awo, today's voters have chosen to find their path independent of the central government of Nigeria.

The political aspiration of the voters of the Yoruba region is to have a state that provides free education, free health care, massive infrastructural development, and an environment that allows trade and industry to flourish all in a vibrant intellectual milieu yet capable of partying. They are after all the masters of owanbe. These aspirations should form the paradigm upon which the elected governors and legislators of the Yoruba regions should build their policies and programmes. They should aspire to these ideals when thinking of the ideal government for their voters.

In theory, each of the states in the Yoruba region can legitimately set about achieving these aims individually and they might even do well. But imagine how much more they will achieve if they decide to act as a collective. Imagine the possibilities for all, if these governors and lawmakers can think like their voters and genuinely follow those ideals, if they can develop an organic ethos of a nation and consequently decide to work together to tackle the problems they cannot handle alone. Imagine what we will get if the states of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Edo, and even Ondo come together, without waiting for the Federal Government, to jointly plan, fund and supervise regional libraries, roads, hospitals, banks, research centres and agricultural projects. Even the power supply problem can have a regional solution.
Relevant Links

The great benefits that such actions will bring to those that reside in these states are obvious but it will not be limited to them. As history has shown, like in the case of the Eastern Region of Michael Okpara and the Western Region of Obafemi Awolowo, there are good chances that a cooperative and dynamic Yoruba nation will trigger a healthy rivalry between her and other Nigerian regions. It will be a rivalry that will greatly benefit the residents of those other regions as their own leaders will have to provide similar services and ventures to match what their neighbours are doing. The federal republic of Nigeria itself will get the opportunity to become truly federal as emphasis will shift from the central and if broadminded the FGN will encourage these regional governments and ventures.

Politically, leaders and voters of the ACN will in the next four years have the duty of making sure that their elected officials turn their progressive aspirations into achievements. In that period, they will have to deal with problems of personal ego, self-serving groups and personalities, bureaucratic hurdles and outright sabotage. If they can overcome all that and maybe much more, their next task will be to decide how to move forward.

They will have to decide how they want to use the capital they now have. Two options come to mind: they can move forward by identifying and working with political groups that share their policies and ideals or they can try to be a Nigerian party by trying to make inroads into other parts of the federation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105050888.html

Great article.

A nation not in the sense of secession, but more towards SW unity and progress.

This is why Nigeria should either go back to regional governance or federalism.

Yoruba people have shown that they are capable of throwing out rotten politicians.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 12:02am On May 06, 2011
Cooperation amongst separatists not rivalry will produce good results. No one "nation" can leave Nigeria. And not one nation can leave Nigeria without getting into a major fracas. It is not as easy as many of you think it is. That is leaving Nigeria and forming independent nation states. Look around you there is terrorism in the North coupled with pogroms. Look at nairaland.com where people express so much malice. So what am I saying? Make friends abroad outside your tribe becos when the troubles start you all will be in need of friends.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 12:09am On May 06, 2011
Leaving Nigeria is possible but you have to prepare for the worst possible scenario. I support separatist groups who want to leave becos Nigeria is just a kleptocratic vampires victim. The threat of civil war is real more than ever before. I support Yorubas and Igbos and Ijaws and other tribes who want to leave but you have to cooperate becos if you try to go it alone like the Biafran War the chances will be very slim.

For example let us take Sudan and the Civil War for southern independence from the North. In Southern Sudan there are a number of different tribes speaking their own languages but they work together to fight for a common cause. Take their good example to heart and you will be on the way to success and independence.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 12:20am On May 06, 2011
Ife-Ile ile gbogbo Yoba ni. Ominira.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by Desola(f): 12:20am On May 06, 2011
Loco4love,

So in essence, you are saying Yorubas should work with other Southerners to form an alliance and find a Southern Nigeria country?
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by emekagh(m): 8:13am On May 06, 2011
loco4love:

Leaving Nigeria is possible but you have to prepare for the worst possible scenario. I support separatist groups who want to leave becos Nigeria is just a kleptocratic vampires victim. The threat of civil war is real more than ever before. I support Yorubas and Igbos and Ijaws and other tribes who want to leave but you have to cooperate becos if you try to go it alone like the Biafran War the chances will be very slim.

For example let us take Sudan and the Civil War for southern independence from the North. In Southern Sudan there are a number of different tribes speaking their own languages but they work together to fight for a common cause. Take their good example to heart and you will be on the way to success and independence.

Please speak for yourself, and be under no illusion, Igbo have not said in recent times that they are want to leave Nigeria. I have my doubt the Ijaws want to leave anytime soon. All the ethnic groups have contributed so much sweat and blood to ensure the unity of Nigeria. And frankly speaking we are just about to start enjoying the dividend of one Nigeria, that many people fought and died for. The fact that the again SW finds itself in opposition should not be used as a excuse to assume others are tired of Nigeria.

Nigeria is working, and we must ensure it continues to work. All these loud ethnic nationalities talk from a section of the country will not get us anywhere. Nigeria is ONE INDIVISIBLE entity.  We should continue to strengthen the nation, not weaken it.

[size=22pt]Long live Nigeria![/size]
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by revomind(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2011
Tragic how you destroyed your thread, Playmode. Responding to ethnic taunts is something we must all strive to do without. You created a nice thread which could have touched so many other issues hypothetically but alas, you fell into their trap.
Re: Design A Flag For Odua by loco4love: 6:47pm On May 07, 2011
to Desola,

I am just saying that it would be easier from 5 ethnic groups to leave Nigeria at the same time than for 1 ethnic to struggle out of Nigeria alone. I am not saying that they should form a political entity called Southern Nigeria just a military alliance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon / APC Inherited Insurgency From A Clueless PDP Government / CG NCS, Haliru Nababa: FG Spends More On Feeding Security Dogs Than Inmates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.