Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me (3888 Views)

What Your Mum Didn't Tell You About Sex(Picture) / "My Fiance Fixed Our Wedding, But Secretly Married Another" - Lady (Photos) / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Betty1000: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good day Nairalanders,

My fiance proposed to me three months ago. Before that, we were in a relationship for six months. Everything seemed perfect, he has been good to me and I never had any reason to doubt him.

Last week, a friend of mine told me that she heard my fiance has a son and she already verified this information before telling me. At first, I was hesitant until she showed me pictures of the boy, he looks exactly like my fiance. So I decided to go deeper and found out that my fiance is indeed the father of the child.

I confronted him and he accepted that the son is his but he has no relationship with the mother anymore and he planned to tell me before the wedding.

I'm heartbroken because before I agreed to date him, I asked him if he has been married in the past or has children, he said no.

I don't trust him anymore. I feel like I have been deceived because not even his family members told me, I am close to his sister but she never opened up to me.

We have everything planned, in fact, we have our wedding card sent out to everybody. The wedding is in July.

He has sent his friends and family to beg but I don't trust him anymore.

My family has assured me that any decision I make, they would support it.

How do I call off this wedding without going through the embarrassment?

I'm so confused.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by HONESTFACT101(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
op are you sure you are ready for marriage and tell your friend to learn to mind her business have you ever stopped to think that he actually wanted to tell youundecided......signing out✈

7 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
grin
Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Ekez(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
You still go born your own,
No tell am

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Cutehector(m): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Ekez:
You still go born your own,
No tell am
yes cheesy
Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Bola146(f): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
grin grin grin Are you sure he is not hiding anything again from you? If a grown man could denied his child wink I hope he would not do the same to you. Watch and pray very well please, don't rush!!!

12 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Chisave: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eleyi gidi gannn
Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by mariahAngel(f): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
He's a fool for hiding his son!

11 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by feezay86: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
This is a hard decision to make.

I know of a wedding that the parents and the lady refused to call off cos of the "embarrassment" they feel it will cause them but alas, 3 years after the wedding, it was called off officially.

My advice is this, please do other background checks on him and if this is the only issue, I advice you go ahead and may God help you guys. Amen

7 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Xenry: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
Better go on with the wedding oo! It's hard to find a man who's ready for marriage nowadays. Opportunities don dey scarce, better grab yours now that it is still available!

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by tellwisdom: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
Call if off Na...Na by Force to marry??
Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by lilvicky68(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
mariahAngel:
He's a fool for hiding his son!
Lol.. really?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by lilvicky68(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
Just one son and you're complaining..

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Bola146(f): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Xenry:
Better go on with the wedding oo! It's hard to find a man who's ready for marriage nowadays. Opportunities don dey scarce, better grab yours now that it is still available!

A broke ass lady or handicap will be afraid of loosing a untrustworthy man. Especially if he could denied his own blood!!!!!! She should be ready to be a side chick. A broken relationship is far better than a broken marriage. It's not how far but how well. Peace of mind is all that matters

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by stupidmod3: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
Betty1000:
Good day Nairalanders,

My fiance proposed to me three months ago. Before that, we were in a relationship for six months. Everything seemed perfect, he has been good to me and I never had any reason to doubt him.

Last week, a friend of mine told me that she heard my fiance has a son and she already verified this information before telling me. At first, I was hesitant until she showed me pictures of the boy, he looks exactly like my fiance. So I decided to go deeper and found out that my fiance is indeed the father of the child.

I confronted him and he accepted that the son is his but he has no relationship with the mother anymore and he planned to tell me before the wedding.

I'm heartbroken because before I agreed to date him, I asked him if he has been married in the past or has children, he said no.

I don't trust him anymore. I feel like I have been deceived because not even his family members told me, I am close to his sister but she never opened up to me.

We have everything planned, in fact, we have our wedding card sent out to everybody. The wedding is in July.

I'm so confused.
ehhh have urs too nah n move on
Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by mystery22: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2021
Your husband to be is obviously poor and weak,no real man hides his son...

Keep making it a big deal as if davido or Ned nwoko comes by you won't accept it with your full chest..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by habsydiamond(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hiding an info as big as that in a relationship means he is not sincere at all... Be expecting more bombshells after your wedding... No be me say am ooo..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Vinnie2000(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
@OP!!
Very wrong from ur Fiance!!

But you see how it Feels like to be Cheated or deceived!!

because Wen Men were crying about Paternity Fraud Earlier dis yr, some ladies thought it was an overflogged issue..
Saying Dat Ladies re victims of circumstances n men should understand n accept d pregnancies!! sad sad

Well, try talk to him about it properly!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Mikester: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
Do what your heart tells you.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by favour32(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
So na crime say e get pikin and e wan tell you at a convenient time?
You never ready to marry.
Go find another man...e go surprise you with another thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Classcaptain1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2021
Very easy. You sef born your own and hide it from him. Do me I do you Musa no go vex.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Twelfthman: 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
I wonder why a man would denied his son because of watin?
Op that dude is very manipulatative be sure to find out if he is not hiding anything else
Don't jump into the marriage. Take your time because trust is already broken

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Kobicove(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
Betty1000:
Good day Nairalanders,

I'm so confused.

It is solely his responsibility to tell you about the child not his family members!

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by ParpahSeventy: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
If you want to call it off, call it off and forget the embarrassment, I don't know what's the embarrassment in trying to get married and YOU cancelled it.
Everybody fails in life, play your cards wisely, think well and deep, the answers lie within you.
Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by LordIsaac(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
I know secretly you'd still go ahead and marry him. Then, you'll come open new threads here in future telling us about more things you discovered. Receive sense to leave him now... grin

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Mossadd: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
If you have lost interest in him for not being straightforward with you from the onset you are free to discontinue the relationship because trust is one of the strongest pillar of a good relationship and once its broken it may be very difficult to rebuild again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Hintona(f): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
Please avoid single fathers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by frozen70(f): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
Betty1000:
Good day Nairalanders,

I'm so confused.

See my sister, men lies by nature and defaults, they do so to save their head in some situations depending on the circumstances

Having a child before meeting you is not enough reason for you to end the marriage plans

Some men still have children or a child while even in a current marriage

So forgive him and accept his apology and continue your relationship with him

There is more lies to come and it can't be worst than the first lie

Good luck to your marriage

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by zed7: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
You're sad because of the deceit or that your child will not b his first child? These things happen. What if it happens when you are already married? Marriage is not by force, just follow your heart and live by your principles.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
What do you think you should do?
The decision is yours to make.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me by LadyRosa(f): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
Call it off... Na expenses waste not the opportunity to marry a bloody liar.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I Becoming A Simp And Being Friendzoned? / My Girlfriend Introduced Me As A Neighbour / Imagine What A Lady I Introduced To My Friend Did On There First Chat On FB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.