Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52170 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Dayotheeone(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why do I get the feeling the poos are from anal sex..... This country is rotting

4 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ebuclassic18(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
this government has caused more harm than good
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by UKDirect: 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
Where are you based?

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Trojan8(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:
This OP id funny sha, but i won't delay your trend with long epistle though. Look how you boasting about 2.1 Degree, oga trash that paper and face the reality.

Kam gwa gi eziokwu eh, if you continue making reference to that cert. You will never make it.
Where did he boast about having a 2:1? If you don't have anything to say, why don't you keep mute?

Back to the topic

Op, I think it's better you quit that job. I am also a graduate with no job but there's no way I would be doing something like that. Why don't you just work in a factory instead? I can't deal abeg, reading all you have typed just made me sad.

10 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by tolsee(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
What State are you in? Send your resume to admin@oyasync and add "Nairaland" as the subject. Not promising anything but let's see what we can do..
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by drlateef: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
What course did you read? Gulf course management or theatre arts? It’s not your fault. It’s the fault of an educational system that does not give career guidance. If you did nursing or medicine you won’t be complaining right now.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by iamdapsyj(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
GboyegaD:
Oga, for your safety, quit the job. It is wrong for you to touch human excrete and blood stains from my understanding should be reported.

Exactly, it requires the necessary PPE and soiled clothings like that needs to be washed in a sluice machine to avoid being infected.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by smileforme15: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Are you in lagos or where?

Send your Cv to my signature email.

SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Crossboy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrfreestuff:
the school and the course you studied also matter. Don't say because you don't want to stay at home because of JAMB score and WAEC result then now end up in unsuccessful low grade mediocre universities. If you miss it in 1st degree, don't miss it for a second degree when the opportunity comes. Attend good schools, I mean very good schools, don't end up having a good grade from a school full of low grade lecturers and students who lack the clout and orientation to earn legitimate incomes . You can never go wrong in life if you attend great universities, keep the right company and read good books, which you actually apply the nuggets there in your life .Please read the book " The Outliers "
Does the course one studies also matters?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Trojan8(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
tolsee:
What State are you in? Send your resume to admin@oyasync and add "Nairaland" as the subject. Not promising anything but let's see what we can do..

Springoflife
Please reply this man.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by GorillaApp(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hypnotise:
SpringofLife Try to learn a skill like barbing or work on Fiverr as a freelancer
Which area of freelancing
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nikeruka(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrfreestuff:
the cadre of the university and the course you studied in the university also matter. Don't say because you don't want to stay at home because of JAMB score and WAEC result then now end up in unsuccessful low grade mediocre universities. If you miss it in 1st degree, don't miss it for a second degree when the opportunity comes. Attend good schools, I mean very good schools, don't end up having a good grade from a school full of low grade lecturers and students who lack the clout and orientation to earn legitimate incomes . You can never go wrong in life if you attend great universities, keep the right company and read good books, which you actually apply the nuggets there in your life .Please read the book " The Outliers "
This is what most people do not know

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ben147(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

gbengafatuase@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

. smiley
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Franklyspeakin: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
You no drop email

Twista88:

Good evening sir.. I studied chemical engineering and I will be grateful sir if there's anyway you can assist me as I really need help.. I will be grateful sir.. Thank you ..
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by iamdapsyj(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
drlateef:
What course did you read? Gulf course management or theatre arts? It’s not your fault. It’s the fault of an educational system that does not give career guidance. If you did nursing or medicine you won’t be complaining right now.

My brother you are not far from the truth. If you see the way i changed my career with immediate alacrity to medical line e go shock you.....hunger wan wound me for the course i studied in school. People should learn to apply for courses that are relevant to their environment and with time learn to adapt when their are changes.

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kingfragz: 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
wearsandtrends1:
I really hate to say this but i can relate...

I blew 10k jus this week and i am on a 20k salary

Back to square 1

Things are really hard my guy.

But once theres life theres hope

Abeg Nairalanders help my ministry i Buy customized wrist candy and other men accessories

Whatsapp 090.75986514
u buy or u sell?...and how much ??
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
wearsandtrends1:
I really hate to say this but i can relate...

I blew 10k jus this week and i am on a 20k salary

Back to square 1

Things are really hard my guy.

But once theres life theres hope

Abeg Nairalanders help my ministry i Buy customized wrist candy and other men accessories

Whatsapp 090.75986514
how much for the wrist candy and where do you reside? will love to patronize you
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kai..... This country is finished. This is one of the many TRAVAILS of a Nigerian graduate. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by EGHENS(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Eghensnigeria01@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by juman(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Move to other job.
Find you go get.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by McOluOmo: 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
Life is hard in Nigeria now
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jlo247(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Someone please invest in me I need a car for bolt and you will never regret in doing so u promise.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Mpanyi: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I

there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring me

It's not easy being a graduate with nobody to help you secure good job in this country. But truth is there are jobs. I may not know where they are. There are jobs. Just pray earnestly to God. As somebody that works in an environment where people of different calibers come, just try to let any important person your spirit directs you that you need job. Don't appear over ambitious or desperate. Just be cool and friendly and let the stuff you are made show naturally. Again, prayer is very important. You may not need to do 21 days of fasting and prayer. No. You may decide to help people as much as you can for such intention. Just pray as your spirit truthfully leads. There may be case for deliverance session if it proves stubborn. However you have to be careful who does the deliverance. I wish God changes your situation for better

3 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by matahor(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

send me a message on this platform if you're interested. Thanks...

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Abudu2000(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
sup, you have design jobs for me? Pls i draft and design properly. My WhatsApp number is there sir, thanks. Also i have my laptop and my designs are pretty accurate and pass approvals, i will be very useful to you sir.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by EGHENS(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:

Eghensnigeria01@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by aparata: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Drop your phone number and your location

SpringofLife:

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Your story move me..but can't say if you are telling the truth or not
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Bashir75: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

I lived in Nigeria for almost 4 decades of my life before moving overseas. In all my life, I have not seen a country like Nigeria, so accidental, unprepared and a country without a vision. How could someone worked hard, raised money to start an hotel business that he could not afford to buy a simple laundry machine. I’m not talking about individual Nigerians because of peculiar problems and culture but in hospitality business, it’s a must. In developed nations and even South Africa, I don’t think there is a home without a laundry machine because it’s cheap.

Every success in Nigeria is by GOD’s grace because we never deliberately prepared for anything. The Dangote refinery the government is relying on is just an individual struggles and vision. We had three refineries and still have them before Dangote that we couldn’t run profitably. A nation that cannot sit down to solve its fundamnetal problems of nationhood. I mean to settle the constant problem regarding Nigeria as a nation.
[color=#000000][/color]

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.