Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52147 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ephraim18(m): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Your story is touching... I once worked as a laundry man in a hotel and I earned up to 40k plus other runs that goes in hotel... Y don't u do hotel runs like collect cloths outside wash and collect ur money... Have pple u can wash for and they pay u... U need to speak up bro... Tell the hotel management u need a washing machine... How can u be washing all those stuff with ur bare hand... U need to be proactive bro... Speak up... Is the hotel not making money? Y do they allow u wash with bare hands... As someone above me said... We all have one story or another to tell... All of us has our nasty little beginning... I worked as a laundry for almost 5 years before I got the work am doing now... Be more focused and determined to survived... U will get a better job than that... God will surely help u out...
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by africandollar: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
Dunno how better to put this but OP, you will keep getting these menial 15k per month jobs until the day you decide to use that soft white matter housed within a thick bone structure between your eyes and ears. The fact that we went to school doesn't mean we should stop thinking for ourselves, you want to move from A to B, have a plan, go for it but always look for how you can achieve your goals better...no be everybody go work for oil company...use that brain nigga and above all else keep God abreast of all your plans and we shall surely celebrate with you soon. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by BrazilAirport: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
PrinceGallant:
I was just chuckling ruefully as I was reading the post, we have found ourselves in a disheartening situations. But more pathetic is that we are also working for more disheartening conditions.

Let me ask you a question, if you are a baker and your bakery produced some loaves of bread on Monday but were not bought. You produced on Tuesday, no buyers. You produced on Wednesday, yet nobody priced it let alone buying it. You produced on Thursday, it was all the same. Would it not be wise for you to close your bakery when all the produced loaves are just rotting away? That your bakery is Nigerian tertiary institutions of learning.

Many graduates of a decadeare are there without job, roaming about streets, engaging in POS banking agencies, selling mobile data on WhatsApp as if that was their course of studies in universities or polytechnics. Yet our schools continue to churn out graduates every year in a country where there are few companies to absolve them.

We have 43 federal universities, 48 state universities, 79 private universities. In addition to these 170 universities we have over 130 polytechnics (Fed/State/Private). Imagine all these over 300 institutions churning out 5,000 graduates every year, every year...

Please let them close the bakery, let us channel our resources (flour, yeast, sugar, etc) to producing what is needed. Let our youth go to skill acquisition and stop chasing shadows

DEEP
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by freesoul12: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
Pls no matter how hard forex is.. Pls learn it.. Even if it will take u 2-3yrs . U wont regret taking up d skill bro
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by bolacode: 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
And u can't teach?

That kain 2:1 get as e be o!

What course did u study, and which school did u attend?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SELL2US(m): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Having 2.1 is not a criteria to get a job. Are u employable? Are u sure of urself? Are u hardworking? Do u show commitment to work? Do u have an eye for details?

Contact me and u get a job with a minimum of 50k monthly. But u must pass my interview first. 080-33-92-79-19
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Gambit23: 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

A labourer carrying sand n cement make 15k every 6 days.

Be wise, get out of there.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by hstar: 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Orente21:
Sometimes they want us to do miracle for those children,

but we teachers are atorise
( destiny shapers).

We r like UCH (fed. Hospital ibadan) whereby all dead cases are brought to us and we need to revive them.

But all in all. It's a noble
profession.

In other words, pls I need a job ooo. I can see pm with your CV all over the thread for the op. Help a teasha oo.

Exactly, parents want miracle
The last lesson I did, I just had to quit even as at dat time I no dey into teaching profession again.

The kid was brilliant but she doesn't quickly catch up when she's been taught

At a point, her father would just call me and say 'tutor, omo yi o ma gbodo gba odo'

I would say 'I know nah, reason why I was trying my possible best'

It got to a certain point, omo self would tell me 'e ti le shalaye ju'

I just had to quit, after all, I wasn't into teaching anymore, Na dem call me for private lesson.

And I had to deal with pressure from baba and omo, I told d girl, I can shalaye ju abi, but u didn't seem to grab on time

U and baba subjecting me to tension.
I just left in peace for my peace of mind

Noble kini?
Olohun make, not anymore
After d corona virus saga, I just hanged boot from teaching (u will work like mad and receive peanut salary)

There's teaching job if you don't mind, are u in Lag?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by AeroplaneApple: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oluwa mi. Olurun mi. Ranti emi naa
Oju re ri ti mo shey hun daamu
Ti mo shey hun tiraka
Ninu ebi, nii nu ohungbe, ninu aiini

Oluwa maa gba gbe mi
Faa mi lowo soke kinhun maa baa le toro jeun moh.
Oluwa oti suu mi, shugbon moh mo pe
O shi lee daara funmi. Oluwa so igba yii di daa daa fun mi

Oluwa oti su mi
Olorun shanu mi embarassed
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ThePointMan(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Where are you based?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by harmony75: 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why not setup the laundry for yourself atleast you have idea I don't know how commercial your end is just start by telling people around you. This your job is stressful with disgusting people you meet from time to time!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Cuttycool(f): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why would any sane adult poo poo on the bed angry . There are things people do and carry curse on top their head. Any human who can afford hotel room can equally afford a bottle of Dettol or bleach, just pour enough inside/all around the toilet bowl, and you can use the toilet, at least manage.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by pascal92(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Good evening sir, please I studied chemical engineering, I have been searching for a job for so long. I will be glad if you can help me.
Oragbaifunanya@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

smiley
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Orente21(f): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
@hstar, I am in ibadan. I no wan teach again if I leave this one. My children r growing up,I need a better job with good pay.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
BizDoct, please check your mail.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Mustaphasaheed: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
Sir I am not the writer but please I studied Agricultural Engineering with 2.1 can you please assistant me please.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Orente21(f): 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
IhateMyDad:
I'm currently partnering with a global job agency that grants employment to any field that pops up, either in firms, individuals or government(esp) offices

As long as you have the skills, qualifications ain't much

Recently gave out a security job paying 40k

If you have any skill or interested
Pm me
Can I Pm you Sir?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by HabaHaba: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
lereinter:

Glory be to God on your salary

Thank you dear. It didn't come easily, but by the grace of God.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kate06(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kingmanny88:

Hello. I'm interested in this, please. How do I start?

Ur location?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ekg911(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
iHart:
Sacrifice two years, go and learn welding or auto mechanics
thank you, I also learnt auto mechanic after my NYSC, so if u have the means, try and get a skill of your choice bro

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Funkybabee(f): 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Shey Dem tie u there

Hotels used laundry man like anything eh

What about ironing, ur back

Shey u can't find school to teach ni
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ojady(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your predicament, it is the Nigerian reality, you either sink or swim - it is, what it is...

Now to the fun stuff, bro, you re a graduate, came out with a 2.1, wrote this whole piece well, paragraphed nicely, spelling accurate and brilliant switching interplay from pidgin to english. First, you can start a blog documenting your experiences on this job. Socially commenting on the decadence you see rom day to day. The more you write about it, the more lessons you can deduce and take away as part of a portfolio for your next job.

Two, bro you can front or get sb to do so, as a supplier of washing machines to your employer and arrange a buy now pay later for your current employer, or better yet a small soft loan from any of the microfinance banks,that way they can purchase a washing machine and make your work easier.

Lastly, as someone who has had your experience, book sense will only get you through University. Out here, its your networking, one's ability to sell one'self. If you got a 2.1 legitimately, I feel you shouldn't have a problem replicating it out here in the real world. All you lack is either, your attitude about the current role is not in sync, or you have not discovered your self, or your breakthrough is at 5.29 and you re at 5.27 and you re sweating the process...

Either way, based on your write up, your preparation (current state) is approaching its opportunity - soon, it will all make sense

#BestWishes

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jsancho(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
This country nawa o...
Order For A Cartoon Of Yourself For Just #500 ... Whatsapp @ 081.65084507

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by MichelleObama: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:

Kindly contact me on Andymurray2010@gmail.com, studied civil engineering
Thanks
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by faceland: 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why did you wash it? I work in a hotel. If someone take a dump on the bedsheets, you refuse to wash it and demand they trace the guest to come and replace the sheets. Do that and the receptionist would be careful who they book.

They gave you a bedsheet full of shit and you wash it and don't expect it to repeat itself (probably the exact same guest)? Go and dump it for the receptionist. Okay what if it's not sheet and instead they are stealing TV, would they just let it go?

Menstrual blood and stain is part of your job. You can go to hardware store and buy those big red robber gloves. I would advise you to warn the receptionist that you wouldn't clean sheets with full load of shit in it. The management of that hotel are bastards.

On the other hand. You forgot to say how many hours your work in a day. If the only work you do is wash, I am sure you can finish work within 3 hours (assuming you wait for that 15 bedsheets to dry, if not it is less). You so called job should be seen as a side hustle. What the foooq are you doing with the remaining 19 hours of your day?

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by faceland: 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ojady:

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your predicament, it is the Nigerian reality, you either sink or swim - it is, what it is...

Now to the fun stuff, bro, you re a graduate, came out with a 2.1, wrote this whole piece well, paragraphed nicely, spelling accurate and brilliant switching interplay from pidgin to english. First, you can start a blog documenting your experiences on this job. Socially commenting on the decadence you see rom day to day. The more you write about it, the more lessons you can deduce and take away as part of a portfolio for your next job.

Two, bro you can front or get sb to do so, as a supplier of washing machines to your employer and arrange a buy now pay later for your current employer, or better yet a small soft loan from any of the microfinance banks,that way they can purchase a washing machine and make your work easier.

Lastly, as someone who has had your experience, book sense will only get you through University. Out here, its your networking, one's ability to sell one'self. If you got a 2.1 legitimately, I feel you shouldn't have a problem replicating it out here in the real world. All you lack is either, your attitude about the current role is not in sync, or you have not discovered your self, or your breakthrough is at 5.29 and you re at 5.27 and you re sweating the process...

Either way, based on your write up, your preparation (current state) is approaching its opportunity - soon, it will all make sense

#BestWishes

I am sure he comes to work by noon and is done before 2pm. He has all day to get a 2nd and even a 3rd job or hustle.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by daclemx: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
sent you a message via nairaland. reply please, let's talk.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by sageb: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
ShawnT:
Bro the lord is your strength, buh you can try military nah.try DSSC of army, navy or Airforce. Contact me on 09039110240 lemme put you through.it is well with you bro

do you have any link in Navy
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by tellmemore15: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lord help all our unemployed youths in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Obsession4u:
It's well brother.
Where's your state?

Rivers
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
daclemx:
sent you a message via nairaland. reply please, let's talk.

Replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.