Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,749 members, 7,851,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast (17177 Views)

We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari / Soyinka: Nigeria Is Not A Nation But A Cage! / NEC Resolves To Decentralise Nigeria Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by namdo(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2021
Wole, please send this message directly to Buhari and the Governors. Pains everywhere.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by themanderon: 9:01am On Jun 15, 2021
What people must understand is that the fulani operate their society on a master-slave basis so they do not know how to be diplomatic. They only understand the use of force. Buhari sees Nigerians as docile slaves who must be bossed around. Asking such an anachronistic being to come and rule this nation in this new era was a monumental disaster we had all warned about but the psyche of the average Nigerian has been so damaged that he has been conditioned to think along tribal and religious lines. Even if he knows that his brother will be a monumental disaster he still votes for him despite not gaining anything from him. Its is that bad. Tinubu himself knew that the man buhari was a monumental disaster but greed, unmitigated greed made him support him with the intention that he is going to rule after his departure and that is why he is silent while his people are ending up as food for the fulanis. Only God can salvage whatever will be remaining of this country after this unfortunate regime expires.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Kuzicoin: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2021
Jeffyblaq:

And this account was created today 15th June..

May you be robbed for real big tym.

Cheers!
and may you experience what I experienced if I'm not lying, Amen. Anyway I had already removed this reply before you started showing your dumb nature. God came through for me.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Originalsly: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2021
Hmmm..... on point. To me most important is the Governors have the power to put the brakes on the FG but are not using it. They are equally responsible for the crisis facing us.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2021
yeye old man. Now you've found your voice undecided undecided
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by techWriter1: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2021
Soyinka is now IPOB Since Anyone that says the true becomes IPOB Proudly IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by dejonathan(f): 9:07am On Jun 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think he had the opportunity to say all these? The scenario of a meeting for an event is different from a live interview.
..Oh
He should shut the Bleep up then
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by KingofHearts(m): 9:08am On Jun 15, 2021
Focus on how you can help yourselves!!

Did you observe the support and love for one another during the Endsars protests?
That’s the blue print!. No tribe,No race,No party,No status..everyone worked, ate,drank and genuinely served each other...unity, love patriotism and care for one another was at it’s highest.

Collective prosperity is the only way.It either comes from the people or planned out by the government...forget the government for now!

When we can’t get help in times of troubles it is not just because our government have failed us or people don’t want to help but it is largely because we have failed ourselves by not supporting or creating the support structures for ourselves and the generations after.

Join social lift today. Call 08127908008 for more info/ click link below:
https://africa-or.org/social-lift-nigeria
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Eriokanmi: 9:08am On Jun 15, 2021
Militant30:
Soyinka can not protest again?
This Yoruba people really messed this country up with there stupid English.

The Soyinka that was a lion during Jonathan tenure is now a rabbit under the gworo chewing president.

Nonsense artifact.
Don't mind him. But truly speaking, Jonathan messed up. He deserved those protests.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by pode(m): 9:09am On Jun 15, 2021
Oge keep quite, you where part of the people who this whole mess in the first place
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2021
all i pity are the youths and elders who do not have any solid plans for their future - as for me, One-leg don dey outside already

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2021
Kuzicoin:
and may you experience what I experienced if I'm not lying, Amen. Anyway I had already removed this reply before you started showing your dumb nature. God came through for me.
Obviously you are lying.. And you kno it.

Read yuh write ups slowly again.

Cheers
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by nku5: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2021
So why did Soyinka not support GEJ in 2015 especially as he was pro-restructuring and convened a conference ? What made him support Buhari APC that was anti-restructuring?

Abeg make we hear word
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Gambit23: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

Giving this useless Governors more power might spell doom for Nigerians

We should go back to regionalism or empower Local Government authority and councils

Imagine giving Hell Rufai his own police carrying AK 47, Kaduna Christians and non Fulanis would regret it

U are talking in d nansense
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

Giving this useless Governors more power might spell doom for Nigerians

We should go back to regionalism or empower Local Government authority and councils

Imagine giving Hell Rufai his own police carrying AK 47, Kaduna Christians and non Fulanis would regret it

You sounds like someone who don't have an ambition of a governor or president.

Giving govs more power will not spell doom. It will rather make them to be more accountable.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Coldshisha: 9:36am On Jun 15, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

You sounds like someone who don't have an ambition of a governor or president.

Giving govs more power will not spell doom. It will rather make them to be more accountable.

Hmmmn this Emperiors parading themselves as Governors might abuse some more power

Local Government autonomy, Legislative autonomy, Judiary autonomy they all said no, police special fund they said no, sharing excess crude oil fund they said yes, paying back central bank. Loans they said no

This Governors are not to be trusted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Ruggman: 9:46am On Jun 15, 2021
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/nigeria-on-suicide-slide-must-decentralise-fast-soyinka/

Thank God the kongi has echoed what I have been saying since.
The truth cannot be hidden or trampled forever . A stich in time saves nine
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Elbinawi: 9:48am On Jun 15, 2021
“If a nation is on suicide slide, the people who feel that they do not deserve that kind of suicidal slide have a right to say sorry, we are getting off this plane before it nose-dived”

-Wole Soyinka

Mee:

I totally agreed with this great man. Today Nigeria under the genocidal criminal #Buhari is on a suicide slide.

Check this:

�A regime that brutally slaughtered more than one thousand innocent men, women, children and infants in Zaria in less than 72 hours just to please bloodthirsty Saudi Wahhabi barbarians is on a suicide slide.

�A regime that brutally murdered hundreds of peaceful #FreeZakzaky Protesters on Nigerian streets but embraced bloodthirsty BokoHaram terrorists and murderous armed bandits is on a suicide slide.

�A regime that favour some tribes above other tribes is on a suicide slide.

�A genocidal regime that created multiple mass graves of thousands of innocent civilians that it brutally murdered is on a suicide slide.

�A regime that honor a notorious genocidal criminal Buratai with ambassadorial appointment is on a suicide slide.

�A regime that notoriously disdain the rule of law is on a suicide slide.

�A regime that has freed thousands of bloodthirsty BokoHaram terrorists using the fraudulent pretext of "Repentance" is on a suicide slide.

� A regime where the president is a BokoHaram terrorist and the minister of communication is Al-Qaeda is on a suicide slide.

Buhari is absolute evil! God destroy him and his genocidal gang! Ilahee Ameen

#Photo: Nigeria police attacking peaceful protesters & the same Nigerian police hugging an armed bandit.

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by wink2015(m): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2021
Prof Soyinka !

BUHARI AND HIS NORTHERN KINS ESPECIALLY THE FULANI DO NOT BELIEVE IN DEMOCRACY.

THEY BELIEVE THEY OWN NIGERIA AND THE WHOLE OF WEST AFRICA.

You tell them to stop open grazing they say they own the land and the water and that you the indigenous land owner have no say over your inheritances.

You tell the north to accept restructuring they tell you they do not understand what restructuring means.

You tell them restructuring means our going back to the 1963 constitution the fulani leadership tells you they are okay with the 1999 constitution.

Before Nigerians could blink their eyes they have hurriedly start amending the 1999 military constitutions.

The big question is FOR HOW LONG WILL NIGERIA CONTINUE TO GO AROUND IN A CIRCLE for the foolishness of a recalcitrant regions who are very conservatives in their thinking.

The north want to keep Nigeria down for as long as they care.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2021
Everyone knows the Fula would rather see Nigeria burn than lose control of its political, economic and military systems, they are not indigenous to the land anyway.

It's like when you've stolen something, and the owner now wants to repossess it by force. You'd rather destroy it than give it up since you have no stakes in it from the start

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by nlreserve: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2021
Coldshisha:

Hmmmn this Emperiors parading themselves as Governors might abuse some more power

Local Government autonomy, Legislative autonomy, Judiary autonomy they all said no, police special fund they said no, sharing excess crude oil fund they said yes, paying back central bank. Loans they said no

This Governors are not to be trusted
When Nigeria finally breaks, you will understand

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by pacespot(m): 10:06am On Jun 15, 2021
The problem is that when things not working in a country, anybody that stands on the opposing side tends to be right to the people. If not, someone like that Nnamdi kanu should have been ignored by any sensible youth, how can you send the ill-equiped youth to go and face the military of a whole country. The youth they are feeding with sugar cane and groundnuts and the same person leading them is in overseas enjoying his life, how can people be this foolish. You only have your own life to live, how can you sacrifice your life for the goal of another person even though his motives are still questionable. Since Buhari granted that interview with Arise TV, Nnamdi Kanu has not been able to come up with any conspiracy theory to debunk if he is true Buhari or a clone, I'm sure someone like Kanu will not waste time to come up with another conspiracy if he notices anything suspicious about the appearance of the president that day. ESN is now enmeshed in corruption even before they get started, with millions donated to their cause by biafrans worldwide, they are still unable to feed their soldiers. Are we looking at a glimpse of what their biafra would look like if eventually they achieved it: CORRUPTION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by discusant: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2021
Buhari won’t listen because he is on a different mission to get Nigeria to become the homeland of Fulani from all the Sahel region of Africa, as well as having Nigeria as a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws at the long run.

Buhari sees himself as the Othman Danfodio of the Fulani in the 21st Century.

But how come only the Buhari north has been able to stifle all the calls by rest of Nigeria for decentralization of the country’s political process? Because there are some people in the south who sabotage the good efforts of others towards political restructuring of Nigeria.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by discusant: 10:22am On Jun 15, 2021
Trailblazer1:
Soyinka is now IPOB undecided

Since anybody that says the truth becomes IPOB.

Proudly IPOB cool
But IPOB doesn’t ask for decentralization of power in Nigeria because IPOB knows that decentralization of powers will not stop Fulani from encroaching in other people’s farms in the south of Nigeria.

Fulani refuses to stop open grazing because of Fulani desire to occupy Nigeria as Fulani country and stamp the use of Islamic Sharia criminal laws upon Nigeria; not that Fulani does not understand that open grazing is outmoded and least profitable way for meat and dairies production.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by engrchykae(m): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2021
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/nigeria-on-suicide-slide-must-decentralise-fast-soyinka/
soyinka is concerned because he has a big stake in Nigeria being a leader of cultists network and road safety in Nigeria,he is trying to protect his interest.
Ibb did a wonderful job in roping in this pseudo intellectual.
Nigeria should disintegrate for the South to attain high levels comparable to Asia at least.
Yoruba can control their ports and human and mineral resources.
IGBOS can continue their trade in whatsoever.
North central can be an agricultural and agro industrial powerhouse in Africa.
All these unchecked by the conservative retrogressive fulani North.
Until some Yoruba's explain why buhari cancelled the light rail initiated by buba marwa government in 1983.
I will begin to see them as serious political pundits

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Guestlander: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Subsea:
Wole Soyinka.....An Emeritus professor of Literary studies and Noble Laureate ruled by and illiterate herdsman.....and he is happy and always so full of himself. What a country!

Really?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Guestlander: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2021
engrchykae:
soyinka is concerned because he has a big stake in Nigeria being a leader of cultists network and road safety in Nigeria,he is trying to protect his interest.
Ibb did a wonderful job in roping in this pseudo intellectual.
Nigeria should disintegrate for the South to attain high levels comparable to Asia at least.
Yoruba can control their ports and human and mineral resources.
IGBOS can continue their trade in whatsoever.
North central can be an agricultural and agro industrial powerhouse in Africa.
All these unchecked by the conservative retrogressive fulani North.
Until some Yoruba's explain why buhari cancelled the light rail initiated by buba marwa government in 1983.
I will begin to see them as serious political pundits

Soyinka a pseudo intellectual! Na wah o, too many illiterates on nairaland.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Malawian(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2021
I was wait for Shipopotami.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by AuroraBrls: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2021
cassidy1996:
Who dey drive dis country, I wan come down

...Your money never complete you wan come down, oloshi, werey ni e, spot in a circle like you, banza 5%er, Nyamiri Igbo...na last bustop this motor go stop walai...nobody l go kwom down walai...by za time l go pinish with you kwo...l go know say l be El Rupai, Shehu Garba l be my vloda, Buhari l be my senior vloda...this bus l must stop for Daura in 2023...walai nobody l go kwom down until l reach kwor Daura....me l de drink am por flenty flentybtramadol witi pialess energy drink everyday...shege banza
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Slynation(m): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Yes. Exactly my thought. If Nigeria does not decentralize now, we will break up into pieces. But it seems ONLY the North wants the Abuja economical power which favors then, and some selfish politicians like the Asi-nonsense of Bourdillon...Jaga-rubbish. I said it also earlier that those who made the usually silent Buhari to voice threats are his worst enemies. For sure, Buhari is going down the history as the worst military and democratic ruler of Nigeria. But I pray, he doesnt break another terrible record in addition. We need to decentralize fast to save Nigeria. We cannot afford to break up.
We can afford to break up sir...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders / Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) / Policemen In Lagos Killed A 9-Year-Old Boy And Fled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.