Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast (17181 Views)

We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari / Soyinka: Nigeria Is Not A Nation But A Cage! / NEC Resolves To Decentralise Nigeria Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by phranklyn92(m): 11:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Militant30:
Soyinka can not protest again?
This Yoruba people really messed this country up with there stupid English.

The Soyinka that was a lion during Jonathan tenure is now a rabbit under the gworo chewing president.

Nonsense artifact.
Really?
You want him to go protest at that age?
Thank God you said he used to be a lion.
The youthfulness is not there anymore. The best he can do right now is lip service.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Slynation(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Militant30:
Soyinka can not protest again?
This Yoruba people really messed this country up with there stupid English.

The Soyinka that was a lion during Jonathan tenure is now a rabbit under the gworo chewing president.

Nonsense artifact.
It is what it is....!! Imagine, he's even afraid saying people shouldn't put word into his mouth, criticizing in form of advice, Kai the fear of buhari shaaah grin trust me, this same man will be the first to be bashing buhari 24/7 once his tenor elapses...
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Coldshisha:

Hmmmn this Emperiors parading themselves as Governors might abuse some more power

Local Government autonomy, Legislative autonomy, Judiary autonomy they all said no, police special fund they said no, sharing excess crude oil fund they said yes, paying back central bank. Loans they said no

This Governors are not to be trusted

If central govt is decentralised, a lot of people will relocate to their states; and the power of d electorates will be stronger. The pressure for govs to perform will go sky high. No sane gov will misbehave because they have no where to run to.

Look at the states with higher concentration of their indigenes at home state, they work, and have to work. E.g kano, Kaduna, River, Akwa ibom.
Governors that refuse to perform cannot use d federal might to rig election in his/her favour any more. You cannot hide from the electorates. Even Assembly and Rep members cannot save you. That's what advanced the Democratic echelon of the developed countries. I'm a pro-decentralisation.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by jaxxy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
Deep words from sir soyinka.. i had goose bumps reading it through.

“I am beginning to believe that people have different definitions for democracy, particularly our political leaders and I’m beginning to wonder whether this government, led by Buhari, really understands the implication and full responsibility and commitment involved when people say they are practising democracy.”

Democracy is not sequence or symbolic gestures of June 12 as Democracy Day.

“When you truncate any channel of self-expression of people, you literarily become an enemy of democracy.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by executive12: 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lanretoye:
You said it all well but on the part of oduduwa or biafra nation,you were also timid by sitting on the fence.

There is time for everything. You don't expect someone of his social standing to openly voice support for Oduduwa or Biafra.
He has correctly made it clear that the country will disintegrate if it is not urgently restructured.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by executive12: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
nku5:
So why did Soyinka not support GEJ in 2015 especially as he was pro-restructuring and convened a conference ? What made him support Buhari APC that was anti-restructuring?

Abeg make we hear word

Jonathan, pro-restructuring Did you hear what that clown said recently about restructuring?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by executive12: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
pacespot:
The problem is that when things not working in a country, anybody that stands on the opposing side tends to be right to the people. If not, someone like that Nnamdi kanu should have been ignored by any sensible youth, how can you send the ill-equiped youth to go and face the military of a whole country. The youth they are feeding with sugar cane and groundnuts and the same person leading them is in overseas enjoying his life, how can people be this foolish. You only have your own life to live, how can you sacrifice your life for the goal of another person even though his motives are still questionable. Since Buhari granted that interview with Arise TV, Nnamdi Kanu has not been able to come up with any conspiracy theory to debunk if he is true Buhari or a clone, I'm sure someone like Kanu will not waste time to come up with another conspiracy if he notices anything suspicious about the appearance of the president that day. ESN is now enmeshed in corruption even before they get started, with millions donated to their cause by biafrans worldwide, they are still unable to feed their soldiers. Are we looking at a glimpse of what their biafra would look like if eventually they achieved it: CORRUPTION

Too many fools in this country.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by omonighoblessing(f): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
What does it mean by nigeria decentralized
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by writeprof(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
I stop here! Nigerians have been making sacrifices for this government since 2015. We no try?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by orisa37: 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
BUHARI AND TANKO HAVE DEMENTIA. CERTIFIED. I DON'T KNOW OF LAWAN.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by orisa37: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
BUHARI AND TANKO HAVE DEMENTIA. CERTIFIED. I DON'T KNOW OF LAWAN.

I DON'T KNOW TOO WHETHER THEY'RE ALL DEAF AND DUMB TO THIS KIND OF PETITION COMING FROM SHOYINKA, OBASANJO, OHANAEZE, AFENIFERE ETCETERA ETCETERA.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by engrchykae(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Guestlander:

Soyinka a pseudo intellectual! Na wah o, too many illiterates on nairaland.
he is a pseudo intellectual.
That is the only reason apc hosted him back then in 2015 and he supported a military jackboot like buhari
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Guestlander: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
engrchykae:
he is a pseudo intellectual.
That is the only reason apc hosted him back then in 2015 and he supported a military jackboot like buhari

You are the real intellectual. It shows in your comments.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by engrchykae(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
Guestlander:

You are the real intellectual. It shows in your comments.
see let me tell you,all these professors that serve as inec rigging machines such as Maurice iwu,jega etc are pseudo intellectuals.
Shameless people like Tam David West, Soyinka,Ogbonaya Onu etc are a disgrace to the learning community.
I will prefer a fellow learned fellow to head an organisation than openly supporting a herdsman who doesn't know where his waec is.
I was taught in eng 217 to praise the work of another engr before making recommendations for improvements.
Achebe of blessed memory, Herbert Macaulay,for now are the only two intellectuals so far for now.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast by Guestlander: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
engrchykae:
see let me tell you,all these professors that serve as inec rigging machines such as Maurice iwu,jega etc are pseudo intellectuals.
Shameless people like Tam David West, Soyinka,Ogbonaya Onu etc are a disgrace to the learning community.
I will prefer a fellow learned fellow to head an organisation than openly supporting a herdsman who doesn't know where his waec is.
I was taught in eng 217 to praise the work of another engr before making recommendations for improvements.
Achebe of blessed memory, Herbert Macaulay,for now are the only two intellectuals so far for now.

Yeah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta / Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Mother Is Dead / 70 Lecturers Quit University Of Maiduguri Over Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.