Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. (2899 Views)

What Obj Said About Tinubu In His Book, Under My Watch.....2014. / Jega: Prediction On Nigeria’s Breakup May Be Fulfilled (Punch) / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. by engrchykae(m): 1:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

You ALREADY have a dictator.

He ordered you all not to leave your houses on the day he commanded or get shot!

Do you think Kanu is the type to submit to free and fair elections?

I mean, from your rebel leaders' conduct, we can already see the type of governments you will have.

Like something out of the Mobutu era.
smiley
even ojukwu don't try to play God,kanu can't dare.
You ain't Igbo so you can never understand
Re: OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. by Rossiminku: 3:24am On Jun 20, 2021
engrchykae:
even ojukwu don't try to play God,kanu can't dare.
You ain't Igbo so you can never understand

You've no idea where I'm from, so kindly zip it.

Kanu is already a dictator.

And he DID give that order to his thugs to kill Igbos who step out of their homes.
Re: OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. by Ttalk: 5:07am On Jun 20, 2021
Rossiminku:
OBJ was right. Whether you are Ibom Republic, Oduduwa Republic, Biafra Republic, or whatever.

The story will be the same.

Your new republic will be a tiny weak bitch of the western powers just like Equatorial Guinea. They have oil money, which one dictator just sits there sharing among his family and local/foreign cronies, while the population sees little to nothing.

Here's what your president would do.

He will hire foreign mercenaries from say Israel or USA, plus his elite troops to guard his palace, and he will clamp down on opposition, be highly corrupt, and he will have the backing of the western powers.

If he tries to turn good leader and develop the country, he will be assassinated or have western-sponsored rebels sent against him, to topple him.

That's how it works with small, resource-rich African countries.

That's the script that been in operation since before you were born.

Today, you live in a country that has the power and authority to ban Twitter, a major international player.

Your tiny new republic's President will not have the audacity or capacity to ban Twitter.

One threatening phone call from a US marshal, or the French President's SECRETARY, to topple the government in a coup or military invasion, and the idea will be dropped like a hot potato.

I mean, the French govt will be all over you like a rash.

They specialize in subjugating and robbing small West African countries.

Your leader couldn't do anything without their express approval.

They might force you to adopt the French Franc, using all sorts of blackmail methods, denying you a currency, and controlling your money flow.

Are Nigeria's problems insurmountable? Hell no. All it takes is a change of administration to a southern president, as per rotation policy, in a year and half, and suddenly, the south holds power to change things, like PDP did for 16 years (and misused it).

The new southern administration could restructure Nigeria to their hearts' content, and that would be that.

Why PDP never did this, I haven't a clue. Expecting a northern administration to now do it, is madness, when YOU couldn't do it as a southern govt.

The Fulani threat is seriously overblown.

Where were they in the 16 years of PDP rule?

Nowhere. They were quiet.

So they are not worth breaking Nigeria up for.

So Nigeria is doable.

Your solution is not to turn into little, insignificant Sierra Leones, Togos, and Malawis.

Nations who sneeze, and nobody hears.

''Weak republics'', as they were termed by General Olusegun Obasanjo, respected African statesman, and two-time Nigerian president.

Nigeria must stand.

The ONE black nation on Earth that can ban Twitter, and not bat an eyelid.

Have them crawling to her to beg for forgiveness, being Africa's largest and most buoyant internet ecosystem.

It was a dramatic expression of sovereignty and independence that jolted the world.

You will miss Nigeria if you lose Her.

The light of the Giant of Africa, the hope of every black man on Earth, Africa's biggest economy and rising superpower, the cultural, musical, film, fashion and sports capital of Africa, projected to become the world's 3rd most populous nation after India and China by 2050, VIRTUALLY GUARANTEEING her industrial and economic advancement, and her investment magnet status as the world's 3rd largest consumer market, THAT LIGHT, THAT SINGLE HOPE OF THE BLACK RACE, NIGERIA, must not be extinguished from the Earth.

I don't know what motivated you to write this beautiful jargon, but what am sure of is whatever it is, is borne out of selfish and myopic tendency and should be thrown into trash.

Every indices of development has gone negative while that of failed state is what is we are left with.

You talk of being black power, economic giant bla, bla bla but failed to see the level of insecurity going on everywhere, As it stand today, there is no more motivation for investment for a small business because of insecurity. Even foreign investors are jettisoning your darling country to more save smaller ones where their investment would be save and you are here deceiving yourself.

Tell me how you are going to stop the country's slipping mode and don't bring the childish talk of change of power to a southerner will change the current mess.

It is people that make a nation and where majority mind of the people are made up due to hopelessness bequeathed them by past and present leaders of this country, its just a matter of time, as there is clear indication that new nations are going to emerge irrespective of your subtle wish of one Nigeria
Re: OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. by Urstinho(m): 7:51am On Jun 20, 2021
Whether OBJ is right or not, Nigeria is worstoff divided. I no fit shout.
Re: OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. by engrchykae(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2021
Rossiminku:

You've no idea where I'm from, so kindly zip it.

Kanu is already a dictator.

And he DID give that order to his thugs to kill Igbos who step out of their homes.
you are really funny.
KANU can't dare

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback: My Two Graduate Children Don't Own A Car: Peter Obi / Obi At 61: Northern Youths Hold Summit, Says No Nigeria Without Peter Obi (pix) / 2023: I Will Come After Obi-dients If They Come After Me, Says Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.