Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound (19787 Views)

Another 15-year Child In Kaduna Kidnapped And Forced Conversion To Islam / Soyinkas Speech At Harvard. The Real Text / 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Kilode1: 6:55pm On May 09, 2011
lagcity:

@ KILODE: stop grabbing for the straw. people from all continents have contributed science. nothing special about western culture or language gives westerners an edge in science even though they've contributed immensely to modern science as we know it. remember the west hasn't always led the world and i'm sure it won't continue to do so forever.

I don't see where you and I disagree bro.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Thirst4Lif: 7:40pm On May 09, 2011
Sounds as though the young lady has a bright future, but the kid will be a social outcast. That's going to matter quite

a bit to a 15 year old girl. She won't ever feel like she fits in during her entire college career.

The American school system does not let kids start school that early or skip grades

Where did you get this bit of mis-information? I have relatives who skipped grades in the U.S. over 30 years

ago. Some of the nonsense found on this board is frightening.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by ektbear: 10:15pm On May 09, 2011
sandokaa:

Somebody just told me the girl is from Bauchi. So, why are the Yorubas rushing to claim her? This one na educated almajiri living in USA! Thank God, she doesn't belong to CPC!

Which Bauchi can she be from? Did you not hear her mother speak? Yoruba-accented English.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by lagcity(m): 2:03am On May 10, 2011
"Maybe we will get there, maybe we will fully assimilate, not sure, but[b] I think we have a huge disadvantage due to culture, language and a different philosophical world-view[/b] from the currently dominant ones."

KILODE, this is the statement i disagree with. i also don't think there's any Nigerian or African philosophy or world view that's any more hostile/resistant to science than the western world view is. radically new ideas from scientists have always faced resistance in Europe (galileo galilei and darwin comes to mind) especially from the judaeo-christian quarter. In one of your posts, you credit the judaeo-christian thought with helping science thrive in the west.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:15am On May 10, 2011
So what if she got in to harvard. That does not mean she would get a job, many dont dont. i know a nigerian who never did. After many student debt and could not repay. He is in Nigeria. he had to run back
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 3:18am On May 10, 2011
Becomrich has spoken

Case closed

According to Aare Becomrichn, a criminal from Canada, kini big deal gan sef
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:22am On May 10, 2011
who is a criminal. I am not a criminal. You see the school you went to does not matter, it is what is in your brain.

This is university of ife, look many of the universities abroad do not have this. So when people underrate nigeria universities , it is because they never went to one before.

Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 3:24am On May 10, 2011
sheesh do you have that picture saved on your desktop or somethin
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 3:26am On May 10, 2011
Its a shame she will come put it in good use in Africa after she has finished.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:28am On May 10, 2011
If like you now using seun osewa, who claim he never went to university or his nairaland, where he edit the post, to make others look silly to judge.

this is inside another nigeria university.  so stop underrating nigeria university. Most of this people online failed in nigeria. 95% of them failed, that why they had to come abroad.  they failed in nigeria universities , so they feel so bitter about and sit on the internet been abusive and editing post. This is what is going on.

Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 3:31am On May 10, 2011
Becomricho:

who is a criminal. I am not a criminal. You see the school you went to does not matter, it is what is in your brain.

This is university of ife, look many of the universities abroad do not have this. So when people underrate nigeria universities , it is because they never went to one before.

Egbon Becomrichn, you are a criminal

I have it on record,that fo sho, you are a criminal

You are a yahoo-yahoo 'crooner' in Canada
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:35am On May 10, 2011
Becomricho:

If like you now using seun osewa, who claim he never went to university or his nairaland, where he edit the post, to make others look silly to judge.

this is inside another nigeria university.  so stop underrating nigeria university. Most of this people online failed in nigeria. 95% of them failed, that why they had to come abroad.  they failed in nigeria universities , so they feel so bitter about and sit on the internet been abusive and editing post. This is what is going on.

That building has a very bad color scheme, among other problems.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:36am On May 10, 2011
why would you think i am a yahoo yahoo. i am not into scam.  

you make me laugh, i dont have time for crime, i have a brain. I have always been smart all my life.  so why would i want to commit a crime when i can use my brain. university does not make you money. I know a man in canada, who did not go to university, but he is a millionaire. people think book will make them rich is stupid.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 3:41am On May 10, 2011
Becomricho:

why would you think i am a yahoo yahoo. i am not into scam.  

you make me laugh, i dont have time for crime, i have a brain. I have always been smart all my life.  so why would i want to commit a crime when i can use my brain. university does not make you money. I know a man in canada, who did not go to university, but he is a millionaire. people think book will make them rich is silly.

You are a liar

I just spoke to the Chief of Police in Toronto, and he said you are criminal

You make me laugh fall gbagada for ground

My informant in the CIA just told me that they are sending Navy Seal Team 7 to your apartment. You'd better be ready for them

if you are not a criminal, post your academic record for us to see
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:43am On May 10, 2011
the building that house the engineering faculty at the university of Ilorin, which i went too is longer in size than the toronto eaton centre, which is suppose to be the biggest mall in the world.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 3:48am On May 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

That building has a very bad color scheme, among other problems.

Dude thats how most schools and buildings in Nigeria are. Dude - have u ever been in the motherland before?

@becomrich
No one is underrating Nigerian universities. We are just celebrating egbe omo yoruba.

DOnt hate, celebrate
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:50am On May 10, 2011
yes, you 419 just spoke to the police chief my foot. who is a criminal. You have a hole in your head.

Do you think all african are criminal. Well in Yorubaland, go and ask what we do to a thief.

Your informant indeed. So you think CIA does not have better work to do, than listen to you. Or do you think I am Osama , you are really funny. my life is an open book. I have nothing to hide. If nairaland is what you use to judge people , you have a problem. Nairaland is run by scam artist . you see the apartment , land and cars, they do not exist. You better dont fall into nairaland scam. Nairaland is knew for its many scam in nigeria.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 3:50am On May 10, 2011
SEFAGO:

Dude thats how most schools and buildings in Nigeria are. Dude - have u ever been in the motherland before?

@becomrich
No one is underrating Nigerian universities. W[b]e are just celebrating egbe omo yoruba[/b].

DOnt hate, celebrate

Did Aare Becomrich invite you when he was relaunching Egbe omo oduduwa?

The Egbé Ọmọ Odùduwà was relauched again lead by Adesegun Musiwa as a political forum to support for all children of Oduduwa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egbe_Omo_Oduduwa

Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:51am On May 10, 2011
SEFAGO:

@becomrich
No one is underrating Nigerian universities. We are just celebrating egbe omo yoruba.

DOnt hate, celebrate

I've only been to Edo state, Delta State, and Lagos and even then, I've never visited a university. What's with these weird designs? What's the point?

I've seen uniquely "Nigerian-style" houses (in terms of architecture) built by rich people that are good looking. Why can't they do the same for the universities?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by Becomricho: 3:53am On May 10, 2011
why should they invite an igbo person like you.  Okoro .
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 3:54am On May 10, 2011
Are we going to University to learn or to look at the buildings?

We should be talking about highly educated tutors not how "fine" a building is. That is why people fail Uni grades
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 3:54am On May 10, 2011
Becomricho:

yes, you 419 just spoke to the police chief my foot. who is a criminal. You have a hole in your head.

Do you think all african are criminal. Well in Yorubaland, go and ask what we do to a thief.

Your informant indeed. So you think CIA does not have better work to do, than listen to you. Or do you think I am Osama , you are really funny. my life is an open book. I have nothing to hide. If nairaland is what you use to judge people , you have a problem. Nairaland is run by scam artist . you see the  apartment , land and cars, they do not exist. You better dont fall into nairaland scam. Nairaland is knew for its many scam in nigeria.

Are you calling Seun osewa a scam artist?

Aare Becomrichn, we need to see your academic record from Ilorin before we can believe anything coming from you

How many As did you get? Did you ever 'gbe egun' when you were at Ilorin?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 3:56am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

Are we going to University[b] to learn[/b] or to look at the buildings?

Who goes to the university to learn?

The university is for shokishombolo. Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 4:01am On May 10, 2011
I see.

This is why Africa is seen as backward.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:02am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

Are we going to University to learn or to look at the buildings?

We should be talking about highly educated tutors not how "fine" a building is. That is why people fail Uni grades

The building is just weird looking. That's all. I wasn't saying (possibly expensive) architecture should really be a focus.

I don't think building weird looking buildings is standard practice across all of Africa, but I could be wrong.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 4:05am On May 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

I've only been to Edo state, Delta State, and Lagos and even then, I've never visited a university. What's with these weird designs? What's the point?

I've seen uniquely "Nigerian-style" houses (in terms of architecture) built by rich people that are good looking. Why can't they do the same for the universities?

It looks weird to you because you grew up in the US. Looks perfectly normal to me. Red bricks and building that are common abroad look weird to me too  grin
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 4:07am On May 10, 2011
@SEFAGO, looking at your signature do you regret your life?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:09am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

Don't worry about him.

[size=5pt]It's just pretentiousness.  grin[/size]
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by zstranger: 4:12am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

I see.

This is why Africa is seen as backward.

Why is that?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 4:13am On May 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Don't worry about him.

[size=5pt]It's just pretentiousness.  grin[/size]

I honestly like this guy  grin

kandiikane:

Well technically, thats how I feel about life though. Everything is kind of a burden. There is really no true joy in life, And everything is kind of meaningless.

Not being pretentious though. But just my philosophy of life.
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by kandiikane(m): 4:23am On May 10, 2011
zstranger:

Why is that?
Not going uni to learn. Learn and be educated to get back your resources from outsiders. Because of the book mumus, majority of our resources is owned by outsiders.
SEFAGO:

I honestly like this guy  grin

Well technically, thats how I feel about life though. Everything is kind of a burden. There is really no true joy in life, And everything is kind of meaningless.

Not being pretentious though. But just my philosophy of life.

oh ok. Have you tried committing suicide before?
Re: 15-year-old Naija Girl Is Harvard/ivy-bound by SEFAGO(m): 4:28am On May 10, 2011
kandiikane:

Not going uni to learn. Learn and be educated to get back your resources from outsiders. Because of the book mumus, majority of our resources is owned by outsiders.
oh ok. Have you tried committing suicide before?

LOL, why should I? Jeez sometimes you sound like mama-gee tbh.

Your questions are kind of hilarious. Lets just say there are times I can be in a state of ennui

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Former Human Trafficker And Prostitute Now A Legislator In NIGERIA!!!!! / Nigerian Economy Can Collapse If We Leave - Miyetti Allah / Peter Obi Cautions FG Against Further Borrowings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.