Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown (39991 Views)

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 / Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by Standing5(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2021
OLABOY8495:
Mr Man All These Productive Luxuries U Mention Pay Duties And Taxes That It Why They Are Expensive, Anything U Import To The Country That Is Productive My Guy U Go Pay Duties And Taxes Not Only Nigeria But To Every Country In The World.
I know they are taxed. Let them tax those ones further to disculourage unproductive spendings. Machineries for example are largely productive and can therefore be mildly taxed.
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by kudinkarfe: 8:01am On Jun 22, 2021
Simplyleo:
They have already started screaming Buhari again. They wail and cry over everything blaming Buhari and Tinubu for their failures.

Alright, lemme leave so they can cry and be consoling themselves.
Who do you want them to blame? Goodluck Jonathan?

Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by yemimylover(m): 8:13am On Jun 22, 2021
I know we gonna have a better Nigeria where those using wheel barrow for their daily income gonna be getting license
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by Shanana1(m): 8:25am On Jun 22, 2021
xpressionx:
grin

Does Buhari want to know people who own private jets in the country so he can collect loan from them?

What Buhari cannot do does not exist

It exists o....He can not live forever, which means this affliction is just for a while and can't last for ever....
He can't create life cos he too is an old man moving closer to the grave.
Should I continue?
With this I meant to convince you and not confuse you that what that man can't do exist.�����
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by Joetttimua1811(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2021
Still on the cruise
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by lexy2014: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2021
Difrent:

I'm sure you wanted to say something else.....shou

Something else like what? Are u sure u on d right thread?
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by chikachuks1(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2021
Islie:
Owners of private aircraft or their representatives have been asked to report to the Customs headquarters in Abuja before July 6...

https://dailytrust.com/trouble-looms-for-some-private-jet-owners-as-customs-begins-crackdown
Making lives difficult for citizens is the only language this administration speaks fluently
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by rafcrown(m): 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
I smell better ways of bribery and Corruption for some customs privileged guys.
Rice sellers are not rich enough lets go for the jet owners, top importers etc
When are you guys recruiting, money dey for customs .
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by OLABOY8495(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
Standing5:
I know they are taxed. Let them tax those ones further to disculourage unproductive spendings. Machineries for example are largely productive and can therefore be mildly taxed.
My Guy U Are Right But The Politician, Billionaire, Millionaire And Celeb Will Not Let That Happen They Will Make The Customs Useless.
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by Difrent: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Something else like what? Are u sure u on d right thread?

I'm just wandering if any Nigerian can ask "How did these planes get into d country if they didn't pay import duties?"
Nigerian elites that love shortchanging the system, Don't be surprised many planes actually come into the country without paying import duties
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by lexy2014: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
Difrent:

I'm just wandering if any Nigerian can ask "How did these planes get into d country if they didn't pay import duties?"
Nigerian elites that love shortchanging the system, Don't be surprised many planes actually come into the country without paying import duties

In this particular case, kindly explain how nigerian elites have shortchanged d system?

How do these planes come into d country without paying import duties?

Do d elites just fly new planes into d country with no one asking them questions?

Who allows it?
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by ivolt: 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
Rokafela:

I'm tired! Aren't you tired of repressive taxation of the masses.
Which "masses" is being taxed?
Re: Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown by buzorcharles(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2021
nedekid:

How is it welcomed?
Chase the rich away and they will hide their money abroad. Bank and invest as close by as ghana.
Make it uncomfortable for them to have their Jets in Nigeria and they will find a way. They might even have them based in Benin Republic. Register them there as a hub, get them to transit through Lagos to Abuja, kano etc. Same thing to go abroad, they simply hop down to Lagos, Abuja etc, pick up their owners and move on abroad.
Chase them away and our neighbors will benefit at great loss to us.
Imagine a government that cannot run an airline shamelessly regulating airlines and private jets. Na wah.

Chase them away? Omg so it's now a crime to request for their operational documents? And who told u that they Are not hiding the money over there? Do u know how many private jet guys we have here? How many jobs have they created for the masses? Guy if these guys invest in Nigeria naija go go far small. They are all buying properties abroad and renting it out. Do u think neighbouring countries will allow them to park the jets for free? Guy the rich are mostly the cause of poverty in the land. Any Oga in Nigeria will always short change his worker so as to make more gain to oppress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Senators Celebrate After Emergence Of Saraki As Senate President / Reno Omokri's #Osinbajo'sChallenge: Name 1 Osinbajo Achievement, Earn $1,000 / President Buhari Leaving Abuja For China With His Wife, Aisha & Daughter (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.