Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,474 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:21 AM

Tinubu International Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu International Airport (4986 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu International Airport by gernded(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2011
LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT WANT TO BUILD ANOTHER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WITH 102 BILLION

WHY?
FASHOLA SHOULD PLEASE BUILD SOLID AND NYLON ROAD IN LAGOS INSTEAD OF THIS UNNECESSARY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

I AM SURE HE WANT TO BUILD THE AIRPORT AND NAME IT AFTER HIS BOSS TINUBU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Re: Tinubu International Airport by gidson12(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2011
tinubu would continue shittin on them, afterall he sold them off,
Re: Tinubu International Airport by mbatuku1: 6:00pm On May 07, 2011
Watch out. The contractors to do the job will be Tinubu's private company. I pity Fashola who keeps allowing himself to be used.

Asiwaju Company of Ngbatiland in full force.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by bashr4: 6:02pm On May 07, 2011
an airport in lekki axis is not a bad idea ,it will serve the islanders who no longer have to drive hours of traffic to get to the airport, pls let the leaders do their job
Re: Tinubu International Airport by Akainzo(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2011
mbatuku1:

Watch out. The contractors to do the job will be Tinubu's private company. I pity Fashola who keeps allowing himself to be used.

And what difference does it make if it is owned by Tinubu? Is there any company in Nigeria that is not owned by someone? The pertinent question I am interested in is: Is he price competitive, Is it a quality job and I won't be bothered who gets the contract.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by EzeUche2(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2011
There is no need for a second airport so close to Murtala Mohammed Airport, which hasn't even reached its full potential. undecided
Re: Tinubu International Airport by Pukkah: 6:29pm On May 07, 2011
MMIA is congested and creaking under the weight of use. It also has little room for expansion.

I don't mind a Lekki airport especially if they can secure private funding for it. It is a feasible project. And the issue of Tinubu is not a critical issue as the poster has made it look.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by EzeUche2(m): 6:31pm On May 07, 2011
Pukkah:

MMIA is congested and creaking under the weight of use. It also has little room for expansion.

I don't mind a Lekki airport especially if they can secure private funding for it. It is a feasible project. And the issue of Tinubu is not a critical issue as the poster has made it look.

No it is not.

There is no need to be another international airport so close to MMIA.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by sbeezy8: 6:42pm On May 07, 2011
gidson12:

tinubu would continue shittin on them, afterall he sold them off,

shittin on who? lol tinubu is no hero in the SW just another politician who right now is on top, just like many others before bola ige, akintola, etc and even Awo

lol

mbatuku1:

lol how is fashola being used is he atool? lmfao

im trying to get a peice of the pie aswell, welcome to the world of privatization.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by EkoIle1: 6:55pm On May 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

There is no need for a second airport so close to Murtala Mohammed Airport, which hasn't even reached its full potential. undecided

MMA never reach potential after how many decades rot, neglect and pousy management? When is it going to reach this potential and should Lagos state just sit down and not grow, creat employment and make money till your pipe dream potential is achieved?

What do you know about Lagos state and it's needs? Do you have the same future growth data and stats available to the Lagos state government?

Besides, MMA is a federal government airport that the state can not paint even talk less fix to cater to it's needs. It is within mLagos state's rights to do what ever to support it's growth and advancement.

Worry about your zero infrastructure east of the Niger and worry less about Lagos state.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by Mynd44: 7:42pm On May 07, 2011
Who cares about who builds what as long as the price is competitive fine by me
Re: Tinubu International Airport by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 07, 2011
What price/competition? Its all about partly development, more revenue and mostly stealing more in the guise of the "new tinubus lagos" and scams i.e LEKKI-EPE EXPRESS TOLL e.t.c and by the time he is thru with lagos tinubu 'l likely be the richest nigerian! The guy is building a conglomerate within lekki axis, WATCH OUT!
Re: Tinubu International Airport by EkoIle1: 8:12pm On May 07, 2011
Timehin:

What price/competition? Its all about partly development, more revenue and mostly stealing more in the guise of the "new tinubus lagos" and scams i.e LEKKI-EPE EXPRESS TOLL e.t.c and by the time he is thru with lagos tinubu 'l likely be the richest nigerian! The guy is building a conglomerate within lekki axis, WATCH OUT!

Unfortunately for you, Lagos go dey build, go dey shine with projects after projects while you people go remain on NL repeating the same nonsense and yelling TINUBU.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by hercules07: 8:13pm On May 07, 2011
What is wrong with all these people concerning themselves with Lagos wahala, we want an airport, we will get the airport, the MMA is the ugliest, most unkempt airport I have ever seen in my life, the international wing is a disgrace.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by redcliff: 8:58pm On May 07, 2011
Omo come to think of it people, Lagos is a city.and a city should have more than one functioning airport.everybody can't go to ikeja because they want to travel out.one at one end and one at the other, I see no bad in the idea the thing is this, looka t other developed countries, their city has atleast three airport.lagos shouldn't be an exception if we really wanna reach that megacity status.he can do one at nadagry sef if he likes.(That expressway go just turn to roberrs expressway)
Re: Tinubu International Airport by asorocker: 9:00pm On May 07, 2011
Of all projects to embark on it is an international airport. It smacks of lack of sense of direction .

I could have give 1 or 2 advice to them on what to do but when I remeber it is only betrayal that is in their blood I back out
Re: Tinubu International Airport by redcliff: 9:03pm On May 07, 2011
asorocker:

Of all projects to embark on it is an international airport. It smacks of lack of sense of direction .

I could have give 1 or 2 advice to them on what to do but when I remeber it is only betrayal that is in their blood I back out
peeps would still complain even if they r doing all the roads in lagos. they wud say y din they use it for something better?
Re: Tinubu International Airport by EkoIle1: 9:12pm On May 07, 2011
asorocker:

What's your advice going to be based on? Lagos state's growth projection data, stats, economic and employemtn needs or just the usual ignorant and layman rubbish?
Re: Tinubu International Airport by Desola(f): 9:22pm On May 07, 2011
An airport? Now? Misplaced priority - yes!
Re: Tinubu International Airport by dempeople(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2011
Instead of building a new airport, wouldn't it be better to have the already existing Ikeja airport refurbished and expanded while also giving the state government significant control of the airport? Its obvious and well known that FAAN is a very impotent agency.

The FG could get into an agreement with Lagos state whereby MMIA could be wholly managed commercially by the state government (including renovation, expansion and maintenance) while remitting an insignificant amount of cash to the FG as tax.
Re: Tinubu International Airport by Jakumo(m): 9:40pm On May 07, 2011
Save up your money and you too can have a home like the Florida spread owned by John Travolta.

In the ideal Nigeria of tomorrow, EVERY gainfully employed adult will own their own private airport, with a 12 thousand foot runway.

Re: Tinubu International Airport by EkoIle1: 9:48pm On May 07, 2011
dem_people:

Instead of building a new airport, wouldn't it be better to have the already existing Ikeja airport refurbished and expanded while also giving the state government significant control of the airport? Its obvious and well known that FAAN is a very impotent agency.

The FG could get into an agreement with Lagos state whereby MMIA could be wholly managed commercially by the state government (including renovation, expansion and maintenance) while remitting an insignificant amount of cash to the FG as tax.

MMA is not ideal or appropriate for what the state have in mind. Keep your MMA.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Hero Of Democracy? M.k.o Abiola Or Olusegun Obasanjo / We Can’t Pay Minimum Wage Until 2012 –fg / ECOWAS To Send 3,000 Troops To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.