Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover (3190 Views)

How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results / Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses / Man Beats His Fiancee During Church Service After Pastor Exposed Her Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Sportz: 11:15am On Jun 28, 2021
Continue here

https://www.nairaland.com/5587293/church-members-demands-tithes-head

church Members saw their Pastors newly bought Range Rover and decided to collect their tithes back

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpPxkHhgU2/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpCC_1i_smw
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by OlayemiAshraf(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2021
. I don't know why some people are so gullible , you are paying tithes , while life is tightening you, instead of paying tithe in the church , go to the street , there are lots of begger and people that need helps , ... A big shout-out to the pastor jaree grin ... He scammed the congregation with the name of Jesus grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Sunnymatey(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2021
That's how it's suppose to be if discovered the SUV was bought with proceed from tithes and offerings.
We give for the advancement of God's kingdom.
Pastors are not God.
The tithes and offering belongs to every member of the church and not for pastor alone.
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:20am On Jun 28, 2021
Trouble is looming not only in churches.
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Bigredmachine: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2021
Sunnymatey:
That's how it's suppose to be.

Hahaha living young and wild and free
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Nbotee(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2021
Something wey him do use on behalf of God.. But did he force dem to pay it?
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2021
Did the pastor force them to pay?
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by BlowYourMind: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by DDDEnterprises: 11:23am On Jun 28, 2021
Hmm! Interesting.
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by kilonshele101(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Mr Man, they were threatened to pay just like every other churches

Una go get sense by force.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by gentlestdude(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2021
false story
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Fahdiga1: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2021
They should calm down the Range Rover belongs to God
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2021
kilonshele101:

Mr Man, they were threatened to pay just like every other churches

Una go get sense by force.

Am a Christian, I don't pay. I do not care who pays. Why do you worry about who pays?
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by kilonshele101(m): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Am a Christian, I don't pay. I do not care who pays. Why do you worry about who pays?

Good for you.

I don't have problem with them paying or not. When it's not my money.

What irritates me is how folks like you defends your MOGs with your "Did the pastor force them to pay?"
As if they have the choice not to pay if they are to follow the preaching of the same pastors you are claiming "Didn't force them"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by pyyxxaro: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2021
The members harsh o grin
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2021
kilonshele101:

Good for you.

I don't have problem with them paying or not. When it's not my money.

What irritates me is how folks like you defends your MOGs with your "Did the pastor force them to pay?"
As if they have the choice not to pay if th
ey are to follow the preaching of the same pastors you are claiming "Didn't force them"

I will advise you not to worry about who pays or who doesn't.

Tithe payment or any contribution to church has never and will never be evil. Abuse cannot stop use. Problem is that many corrupt religious ministers has camped on it to deceive their congregations. It's up to those members to learn to use their brains or stay dump paying to fraudulent ministers.

In Catholic Church for instance, non payment of tithe is not considered a sin. Payment is willful and between you and God. How can people continue to pay tithe in a church where the minister continue to flaunt wealth.

Those who quote non tithe payment as sin are simply fraudulent and is up to members to learn. In the same old testament where God asked that tithe must be paid by Isrealis, he asked them not to do any work on Saturday.

Pastors do not call working on Saturday a sin but calls not paying tithe a sin. Why? Money is involved in the later. Many today Christians do not understand that Christianity is completely different from Judaism. Pastors only quote old testament that benefits them.

I do pay money to support the church. I don't pay tithe but do not care who pays. As simple as that. As far as no one is forced to pay, not my trouble.
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2021
These are the kind of actions that discourages - members
- New converts
- people from religion itself
- People from men of God etc.

In the multitude of scarcity, the pastors goal is a rangerover.

Jesus that fed crowd of over 5000 with loaves and fishes when he saw their plight could have open a bread/fish store..

Jesus that turned water to wine, could have opened a wine bar..

Are we no longer emulating the bible?

1 Like

Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by LikeAking: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
Cant be real
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by kilonshele101(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

I will advise you not to worry about who pays or who doesn't.

Tithe payment or any contribution to church has never and will never be evil. Abuse cannot stop use. Problem is that many corrupt religious ministers has camped on it to deceive their congregations. It's up to those members to learn to use their brains or stay dump paying to fraudulent ministers.

In Catholic Church for instance, non payment of tithe is not considered a sin. Payment is willful and between you and God. How can people continue to pay tithe in a church where the minister continue to flaunt wealth.

Those who quote non tithe payment as sin are simply fraudulent and is up to members to learn. In the same old testament where God asked that tithe must be paid by Isrealis, he asked them not to do any work on Saturday.

Pastors do not call working on Saturday a sin but calls not paying tithe a sin. Why? Money is involved in the later. Many today Christians do not understand that Christianity is completely different from Judaism. Pastors only quote old testament that benefits them.

I do pay money to support the church. I don't pay tithe but do not care who pays. As simple as that. As far as no one is forced to pay, not my trouble.

Exactly my point.

Tithing in itself is not bad, just like any other form of giving.

But misusing it and devicing psychology tactics to bar members from thinking outside the mental cage is the evil. And many (corrupt) Nigeria pastors are shamelessly guilty of it.

And you can't compare Catholic church with many churches 'business ventures' established in Nigeria today as a result of unemployment, economic wants, quest for wealth accumulation, competition, power struggle and dispute with previously existing churches.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by fr3do(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Hahaha living young and wild and free

Roll one, smoke one, when you live like this, you supposed to party
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
Sunnymatey:
That's how it's suppose to be if discovered the SUV was bought with proceed from tithes and offerings.
We give for the advancement of God's kingdom.
Pastors are not God.
The tithes and offering belongs to every member of the church and not for pastor alone.
Jesus Christ never said you should give for the advancement of His Kingdom though. That lie was sold to you by your Mogs who seek to fleece you in the name of God. Jesus Christ instead called on you to give to your neighbors in need, those who have less than you do. He even outlined the giving that will help you enter into Heaven of done according to His Will - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40. undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nbotee:
Something wey him do use on behalf of God.. But did he force dem to pay it?
How you take know say im dey use am on behalf of God ? undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Are you suggesting that they don't have a right to demand their money back in this? undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
They should calm down the Range Rover belongs to God
On what days does God drive it? undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Well, are the people agitating for their money back not "Christians" too? undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
Esseite:
These are the kind of actions that discourages - members
- New converts
- people from religion itself
- People from men of God etc.

In the multitude of scarcity, the pastors goal is a rangerover.

Jesus that fed crowd of over 5000 with loaves and fishes when he saw their plight could have open a bread/fish store..

Jesus that turned water to wine, could have opened a wine bar..

Are we no longer emulating the bible?
Jesus Christ no send anybody, not even your pastors to church business...so do not even think for one second that any of this church thing wey una dey do concern God and what God called for. undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, are the people agitating for their money back not "Christians" too? undecided

When they stood up to pay, what was their target? To get back the capital or to get back an interest? Or for a particular cooperative project? This should be the questions?

If you dash pastor money in the light of paying your tithe, why do you go back to fool yourself?
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you suggesting that they don't have a right to demand their money back in this? undecided

When they stood up to pay, what was their target? To get back the capital or to get back an interest? Or for a particular cooperative project? This should be the questions?

If you dash pastor money in the light of paying your tithe, why do you go back to fool yourself?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

According to the story, they tithed the money to God .I.e. invested it in their future with God, abi no be so una dey talk say tithe be for una churches? . undecided

Since when did tithe become money you you dash pastor? undecided

Why is it foolish of them to to back to get their money back?
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
kilonshele101:

Exactly my point.
Tithing in itself is not bad, just like any other form of giving.
But misusing it and devicing psychology tactics to bar members from thinking outside the mental cage is the evil. And many (corrupt) Nigeria pastors are shamelessly guilty of it.

And you can't compare Catholic church with many churches 'business ventures' established in Nigeria today as a result of unemployment, economic wants, quest for wealth accumulation, competition, power struggle and dispute with previously existing churches.
Your tithing is actually a sin against God. undecided
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by Capitalpunisher: 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
I talked it
Yes I talk am
Re: Church Members Gather To Collect Back Their Tithes After Pastor Buys Range Rover by sunshineV(f): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
hunger bad o grin

(1) (2)

Authority of the Bible - personal motivation? / Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? / Our Lord Jesus Christ Fall On His Face (knock Head On D Ground) To Worship God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.