Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,583 members, 7,770,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (16983 Views)

Daily Actions That Will Improve Or Boost Your Self-confidence / 10 Useful Guides To Building Self-confidence / Vote Of No Confidence On Sexkillz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by bbcmike: 5:24pm On May 08, 2011

To be successful in life, you have got to have self-confidence. You cannot be successful if you are not sure of yourself or your actions. You must make concerted effort to do away with the inherent fear in every person. Have trust in yourself and learn to see the good side of people and pay compliment when necessary.

It is a fact that we do not all possess self-confidence from birth, but there are several ways to acquire it. There are many factors that can militate against self-confidence, prominent among them is environment and inheritance.

The following tips will help in developing self-confidence:

1. Re-appraise yourself and look at the area that really need development. Never think that you are not important because "as a man thinketh so is he. You must not have inferiority complex, because if you did, others will treat you the same.

2. Make effort to observe how others carry themselves and notice how confident they act. Choose for yourself a role model and make reference to them as you plan to acquire the same confidence as they have. Do not just observe, apply it for yourself. If your are determined to have the same self-confidence as your role mode, you must practice what they do. Putting it into practice is the best thing to do.

3. You must have self control. Do those things you must do and avoid those you must not do. This might take time but with a lot of patience they are achievable. If you can control your thoughts and actions, you are opening your doors for opportunity. Act with a purpose, because a purposeful action is essential for your success. If you did this you will be demonstrating your capacity to control things around you. These are the qualities and attributes of a leader and gateway to fun and success.

4. Develop the Habit of expressing your thoughts in front of people and make a concerted effort to eradicate fear from your life. Practice, practice and practice. You can start by reading in front of a mirror and see your own action. Read in front of friends and family as your audience and accept comments from them. These comments will help you develop yourself.

5. Try and develop your skills and work hard on your weaknesses. Turn your weaknesses into strength. Never give up in the face of challenges and obstacles, most times they are there to prepare you for greater height. Complement others and acknowledge their good aspects and you will receive the same from them.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6245144

Visit www.successimpactlimited..com

25 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by IZUKWU(m): 5:37pm On May 08, 2011
Okay
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
that no 4 really affects me. it really a problem. i dont knw wat i can do bout it. when i try i sound rude or mean. pls help sad its killing me inside!
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Chicolee(f): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pokello of BBA the chase is quite a confident person. I was thrilled by the speech she gave on her eviction day.

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by tayo4ng(m): 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nice one
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Salma(f): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jst passing by
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by chimexokeke: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
No b small tin o!
Thanks sharr we do hear!

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Chiscomax(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
i swear.. this is youseful.. it is a very youseful artiko. i am happy reeding this because i always shame alot in people thatare many well well. talkino fit sometimes. i af taya well well... seriously. God bless you o OP.. hope nobody will say _____time_____

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Abimloaded(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
.Maybe not in Nigeria
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by agrovick(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Big4wig(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
thanks for the write up buh d little self confidence i av is enough for me to ask any lady i find Hot out,so dude u can see I DONT CARE

1 Like

Always give no Bleep, #simple.
smiley Those words.. "Remarkable" smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Stevsmog: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
noted......not a bad one sha
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chiscomax: i swear.. this is youseful.. it is a very youseful artiko. i am happy reeding this because i always shame alot in people thatare many well well. talkino fit sometimes. i af taya well well... seriously. God bless you o OP.. hope nobody will say _____time_____
if e no be panadol, e no fit be panadol. Poor

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
kolawaxxy: .
must u type something This ASUU strike is driving me nuts!

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by sojax2cool(m): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
The article is not meant for intellectuals.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by jonazter(m): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
nice 1 more grace 2 ur efforts
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Omoswags(m): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by simplemach(m): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nice one, i like dis.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by klickstar: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Self confidence is what each and everyone of us should acquire and avoid over confidence coz it kills if you doubt me ask mourinho.thanks op kip it up
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by chimexokeke: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
joywendy: that no 4 really affects me. it really a problem. i dont knw wat i can do bout it. when i try i sound rude or mean. pls help sad its killing me inside!
fear-fear na im dey worry u!
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Chiscomax(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
very funny @chiscomax... i am very foolish to be a gay

oh yes... very foolish of you to be a gay..PIG!

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Gideojim(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
NICE ONE MAN
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Jakeattah(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
You get too much and it turns to over confidence..... Then another thread will show 'steps to reduce over confidence'

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nice one.but ones enviroment matters atimes
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Chiscomax(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
mumutards

u gay, cant you keep quiet
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by nuges1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
[quote author=bbcmike

Visit www.successimpactlimited..com[/quote]@OP,nice write up but most of this things are easier said as done,we all need jesus grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? / Hi Nairalanders, A Fellow Needs A Help On How To Overcome Stage Fright / What Is Your Greatest Phobia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.