Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,086 members, 7,957,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (17089 Views)

Daily Actions That Will Improve Or Boost Your Self-confidence / 10 Useful Guides To Building Self-confidence / Vote Of No Confidence On Sexkillz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
obainojazz: so...that is how you are treating the love i have for you abi..nairaland must hear this
love Its not possible to love someone u knw noting about,love is a strong word.it sounds funny
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
joywendy: love Its not possible to love someone u knw noting about,love is a strong word.it sounds funny
lolz...u gat me there....oya...lets not call it love then...

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
obainojazz: lolz...u gat me there....oya...lets not call it love then...
grin lolz obainojazz gosh u make me laugh....
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
joywendy: grin lolz obainojazz gosh u make me laugh....
if i can make you laf everyday....hmmm..i will cherish that

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 4:25am On Sep 28, 2013
obainojazz: if i can make you laf everyday....hmmm..i will cherish that
cool smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2013
joywendy: cool smiley
nairaland dont have kiss smiley...
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2013
obainojazz: nairaland dont have kiss smiley...
cheesy hahaha omg! Obainojazz oh
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
joywendy: cheesy hahaha omg! Obainojazz oh
hope am save
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
obainojazz: hope am save
of course u are smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
joywendy: of course u are smiley
you just dodge me na..
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2013
This Fiction on my signature is All U need to develop Self Confidence... A small boy's confidence made him a hero!
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by lyfe(m): 4:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Matthew briggs: Quite very useful tips. Moreover adding to the op's tips on building confidence. There are 3 core steps to gaining self confidence. I will use my life experiences to relay them.

1. Build your intellect, Increase your knowledge base - I was once a shy person an extreme introvert, in fact my mum told me when I was little when visitors came around I always ran and hid my self. Lack of self confidence plagued me during my early years.

Until at a very young age I got to stay with a lecturer and everything changed, I had access to this amazing library and an awesome collection of books. I was hungry for knowledge and I therefore read ferociously, My knowledge and intelligence grew tremendously. It boosted my confidence I felt more sure of my self and abilities, I knew I was not empty but carried something very few carried. Till today the hunger for knowledge has never died.

Knowledge is the ultimate self confidence boaster. It helps you stand tall in front of your peers because you know what they don't. I got to understand that every one of us have our insecurities, fears, weakness and imperfections, we are all afraid of something no matter how beautiful, handsome or strong we look. Moreover I learnt that knowledge and intellect is not enough.

2. Look and Act confident :- Been brilliant and knowledgeable is not enough, you've got to let the world know you have strong belief in your self and capabilities. The catch is that I think 70% of human communication is non verbal meaning, people access you based on how you carry your self.

The way you walk, talk, sit and stand . With this new found knowledge, I refined the way I walked, I walk like someone that's on a mission no dragging of my feet or walking like someone who has all the time in the world. I sit like an executive that's in a board meeting, I talk assertively, clearly and intelligently, I look at you in the eyes when I have too. I stand uprightly in firm postures. To pull this off you've got to imagine your self as the CEO of a fortune 500 company or have a role model you look up to. Mine was Apple' s late Steve jobs, Oracle's Larry elision and Obama.

3. Build a track record of achievements, gather some bragging rights - The most surest way to build your confidence is putting yourself out there and doing something that you can look back and pat yourself in the back saying "I did this sh*t". That's nothing that more self assuring than looking back at your achievement it might academical, physical, financial etc. and there they stand speaking for you.

In my case I dared to do stuff others were afraid of, taught my self software's people were scared of and went on to do projects that when I look back during my darkest hours I smile and say to my self " dude you did this".

Self confidence is not a destination but a journey. It a process, a state of mind affected by what you feed your mind with.

I have not achieved hundred percent confidence as I write this, I still have my heart beating fast when am about to make a speech, but I have surely come a long way. I have this unwavering belief in my self and ability to deliver.

Finally if you can't act confident, fake it.

#Matthew Briggs

Permission to quote
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2013
obainojazz: you just dodge me na..
lol haba hw do u mean?
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
joywendy: lol haba hw do u mean?
just saying
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
obainojazz: just saying
alright no p.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My Birthday! Here's my Speech / Comparing Naira To Dollar Exchange Rates Under Jonathan And President Buhari / A Special Message For A Special Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.