Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:23 PM

5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (17087 Views)

Daily Actions That Will Improve Or Boost Your Self-confidence / 10 Useful Guides To Building Self-confidence / Vote Of No Confidence On Sexkillz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Saintly01(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nice steps, thanks OP.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by oremisussan: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2013

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by EejaNla01(m): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hakeem of the BBA exudes lots of confidence, M striving to be better
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by moewuro(m): 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thankz 4 sharin
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Jayuba(m): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Remember to be humble and talkless after you must have attained your confidence.

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
mumutards
mo ron
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Rogo: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Good class for all
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by shangpearlz(f): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
joywendy: that no 4 really affects me. it really a problem. i dont knw wat i can do bout it. when i try i sound rude or mean. pls help sad its killing me inside!

Practice 2 xpress H̶̲̥̅̊♡̷̴̬̩̃̊w̶̲̥̅̊ ƴ☺ů feel immediately ƴ☺ů feel so or betta still do not let it take hours or days b4 ƴ☺ů let it out. Ul live light hearted n free 4rm grudge. Ƴ☺ů can do it hun

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by GSKing: 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chiscomax: u gay, cant you keep quiet
stalker much?

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by free37: 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
nice.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by lyfe(m): 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Believe it or not, sex, especially with different opposite species boost the level of confidence in you.

Source: Myself & my jobless friends who chase anything in skirt and tight jeans.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by aliumik: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
joywendy: that no 4 really affects me. it really a problem. i dont knw wat i can do bout it. when i try i sound rude or mean. pls help sad its killing me inside!
Get the Book:Why U act the way U do;by Tim Lahaye,it will help u alot.Also go to God in prayers.U r blessed dear!

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by ceejayluv(m): 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abimloaded: .Maybe not in Nigeria
Bullshit
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by emmabest2000(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ok
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by gradeA(m): 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
I once read this somewhere; "Being smart is not enough, you need to be bold to stand before kings"

also try talking to God about your fears, trust me it helps.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by gradeA(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jayuba: Remember to be humble and talkless after you must have attained your confidence.

on point.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by kenjudy(m): 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nnaa ndia abiakwa ozo ooo. Mmadu oya ezukwalu unu ike sef? Everytime tips and so so tips. Abeg is there any of solomon family among d richest men of dis world today? If no, then make una rest jare. Any kind of life u find urself in, live it dat way cos dats ur destiny. Na wa ooo!
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Sweetlemon(f): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
People also need to realize that hating on others does not increase your own self-worth.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Sanandreas10(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
[quote author=nuges...1][/quote]

does the OP made mention of Jesus..?
;cheesy
cheesy
it seems u are using ya nose to read
cheesy
cheesy
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by SirElaw(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
I suffered from the same problem too. It wasn't until I realised that I don't need to express my views on topics all the time, then I found it easier to express myslf when I really needed to. Go read on Assertive communication, I'm sure it will help. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Chiscomax(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
GSKing:
stalker much?

what sort of english is that? i do not understand u
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sweetlemon: People also need to realize that hating on others does not increase your own self-worth.
many dont seem to understand this. Well, I see haters as encouragers, wen odas hate on me, I know they are jealous of me and it kind of triggers me to spur on and do more. Thanks
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by GSKing: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chiscomax: what sort of english is that? i do not understand u
American/canadian way of saying "follow follow". Get urself acquainted with language of 21st century.

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by playboy19(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2013

That's what people with low self esteem call confidence; rude, proud and all that. That's because, it's one thing they wish they had. Stop judging yourself and act as you'd like to. No matter how polite you think you are, some people still won't like you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Piro4rl(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
bbcmike:

Visit www.successimpactlimited..com

THAT IS NICE
bbcmike:

THAT IS NICE
bbcmike:

THAT IS NICE
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
like when you insulted me.....choi
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
like when you insulted me.....choi...i can help you sha...you will have to cross seven mountains...seven seas...then you will meet me in a small stream...i will bath you there...tada....u will be alryt...(whinks)
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Chiscomax(m): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
GSKing:
American/canadian way of saying "follow follow". Get urself acquainted with language of 21st century.

see your life nigeria was colonized by britain and not america. american english won't favour you. no wonder people get Fs in english language.

another annoying english like the one you just spoke is "like seriously".. where is Nigeria heading to??
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Quite very useful tips. Moreover adding to the op's tips on building confidence. There are 3 core steps to gaining self confidence. I will use my life experiences to relay them.

1. Build your intellect, Increase your knowledge base - I was once a shy person an extreme introvert, in fact my mum told me when I was little when visitors came around I always ran and hid my self. Lack of self confidence plagued me during my early years.

Until at a very young age I got to stay with a lecturer and everything changed, I had access to this amazing library and an awesome collection of books. I was hungry for knowledge and I therefore read ferociously, My knowledge and intelligence grew tremendously. It boosted my confidence I felt more sure of my self and abilities, I knew I was not empty but carried something very few carried. Till today the hunger for knowledge has never died.

Knowledge is the ultimate self confidence boaster. It helps you stand tall in front of your peers because you know what they don't. I got to understand that every one of us have our insecurities, fears, weakness and imperfections, we are all afraid of something no matter how beautiful, handsome or strong we look. Moreover I learnt that knowledge and intellect is not enough.

2. Look and Act confident :- Been brilliant and knowledgeable is not enough, you've got to let the world know you have strong belief in your self and capabilities. The catch is that I think 70% of human communication is non verbal meaning, people access you based on how you carry your self.

The way you walk, talk, sit and stand . With this new found knowledge, I refined the way I walked, I walk like someone that's on a mission no dragging of my feet or walking like someone who has all the time in the world. I sit like an executive that's in a board meeting, I talk assertively, clearly and intelligently, I look at you in the eyes when I have too. I stand uprightly in firm postures. To pull this off you've got to imagine your self as the CEO of a fortune 500 company or have a role model you look up to. Mine was Apple' s late Steve jobs, Oracle's Larry elision and Obama.

3. Build a track record of achievements, gather some bragging rights - The most surest way to build your confidence is putting yourself out there and doing something that you can look back and pat yourself in the back saying "I did this sh*t". That's nothing that more self assuring than looking back at your achievement it might academical, physical, financial etc. and there they stand speaking for you.

In my case I dared to do stuff others were afraid of, taught my self software's people were scared of and went on to do projects that when I look back during my darkest hours I smile and say to my self " dude you did this".

Self confidence is not a destination but a journey. It a process, a state of mind affected by what you feed your mind with.

I have not achieved hundred percent confidence as I write this, I still have my heart beating fast when am about to make a speech, but I have surely come a long way. I have this unwavering belief in my self and ability to deliver.

Finally if you can't act confident, fake it.

#Matthew Briggs

6 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
chimexokeke:
fear-fear na im dey worry u!
:@ like seriously, is that how u give sme1 help by criticizing! pls abeg if u didnt ve anytin betta 2 say u should ve kept shut and looked away.#smh. thanks to all 4 d advice, unlike sme ppl
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by AdemolaA2: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
thanks for sharing poster.taking all the points into great cognizance.though i'm not affected by most of these listed points but i wouldn't mind being close to my perfection if i can't be perfect.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Fabchuma(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Very ok, and a primitive step to take 10x man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My Birthday! Here's my Speech / Comparing Naira To Dollar Exchange Rates Under Jonathan And President Buhari / A Special Message For A Special Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.