Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen (43237 Views)

Policemen Flee As Soldiers Invade Station In Osun, Free Detained Colleague / Soldiers Invade, Burn Bilabiri Ekeremor Bayelsa Over Killing Of 4 Naval Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by adenigga(m): 5:35am On Jul 02, 2021
There is tension in Enugu State as men of the Nigerian Army reportedly invaded two communities in the Nkanu East and Nkanu West local government areas of the state.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the affected communities are Ekpoffo and Akpugo.

Although the reason for the invasion could not be immediately ascertained, villagers who spoke from their hidings told our correspondent on Thursday it might not be unconnected with the recent sacking of herdsmen who were terrorising the area.

Some also believed that the invasion could be the directive of the Presidency to security agencies to hunt down Biafran agitators in the South-East region.

Community sources told our correspondent that the soldiers invaded Ekpoffo on Wednesday and whisked away some youths to unknown destinations.

A source said, “Soldiers numbering over 100 stormed Ekpoffo community in Nkanu East around 7.30pm on Wednesday. They moved from place to place, ransacking houses. Before then, they had blocked major roads leading to the community before swooping on the residents.

“I don’t know how many people were abducted yesterday (Wednesday). They were looking for our youths, but many of them had run away.”

The source also noted that the soldiers returned on Thursday with policemen and personnel of the Department of State Services and blocked all access roads leading to the community.

Another community source told our correspondent that the soldiers also invaded Ndiagu- Akpugo community and razed some houses.

“They went to the house belonging to a man popularly known as Bebia at Ugwu-agba in Ndiagu-Akpugo. They didn’t see anyone, so the soldiers set the house ablaze.

“As I am speaking to you, our young men have run away and some members of the community are relocating to the state capital in fear for their lives,” he added.

The traditional ruler of Adamagu Akpawfu community, Igwe Christopher Nnamani, who resides in the Enugu metropolis, said he received several phone calls from his subjects informing him of the invasion.

“I am on my way to my palace; come there so I can see who I am speaking with. I won’t like to speak with someone I have not seen on the telephone,” he said.

The Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 82 Division, Enugu, Col. Abubakar Abdullahi, declined comment when contacted by our correspondent on the incident.

He also did not respond to text messages as of the time of filing this report.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Daniel Ndukwe, when contacted on the telephone also declined comment.

He later switched off his phone.
Source: https://punchng.com/Youths-flee-as-soldiers-invade-Enugu-community-for-sacking-herdsmen

1 Share

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Northernblood3: 5:40am On Jul 02, 2021
I have conviction in me that one day, Ndi Igbo will definitely rise above it's enemy, They may have upper hand now, but it won't be long. China was once like us but today those persecution made them come out stronger.

It is situations like this that will forge boys into men and men into mighty men

636 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by sapientia(m): 5:42am On Jul 02, 2021
If not that all South East governors have sold out

But it's only a matter of time

If they were attacked by Fulani herdsmen, soldiers will never come to the scene

352 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Bigflamie(m): 5:46am On Jul 02, 2021
The south is going to be overrun by herdsmen these coming months. It's not going to be funny. Buhari is on a mission but he will eventually fail

339 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by AmuAwusa: 5:47am On Jul 02, 2021
And the lord hardened Pharaoh's heart some more...

349 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Monogamy: 5:48am On Jul 02, 2021
This is one side of the story..

Tell us the other part

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by BigSarah(f): 5:49am On Jul 02, 2021
Open grazing is still everywhere asaba declaration na wash .

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Paperwhite(m): 5:49am On Jul 02, 2021
Imagine! Fulani, bandits and BH terrorists are all regime protected.

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Northernblood3: 5:56am On Jul 02, 2021
BigSarah:
Open grazing is till everywhere asaba declaration na wash .

But with this same mouth of Yours you condemned Nnamdi Kanu for speaking the only language Herdsmen understands.

As if you are an alien that just landed in Nigeria to know Southern Governors doesn't have power.

Don't worry, You guys think that Portharcourt is safe abi? They are coming, they are laying ambush now on major Southern highway. Every southerner will feel the heat, Every southerner will understand why Kanu did what he was doing.

220 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Monogamy: 6:00am On Jul 02, 2021
Bigflamie:

Your comments on every thread reeks of insanity. Do you actually read before commenting or you just log in to spew your mental unrest?

Yeah I did, I didn't just read, I also apply logic when reading news..

So the community sacked the Fulani herdsmen that have been terrorizing the community and then in return 100's of soldiers came to defend the Fulani herdsmen..

Here is the question..

How logical is that statement?

Are there no Igbo Enugu Indigenes, Igbo army officers from wherever they might have sent from to raised down houses and sacked the villagers in Enugu state?

Even the media was clever to add this

Although the reason for the invasion could not be immediately ascertained

Let's be logic when reading news and don't let us be emotionally astray

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by horsepower102: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2021
Soldiers are now clearing the way for Fulanis herdsmen to roam free. Okay

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Anago55: 6:08am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Tell us the other part
. Helinues, you are irredeemable

You are really doing a good job for your paymasters. You are the worst and most effective of the zombies. You deserve a pay raise

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Monogamy: 6:11am On Jul 02, 2021
Anago55:
. Helinues, you are irredeemable

You are really doing a good job for your paymasters. You are the worst and most effective of the zombies. You deserve a pay raise

Although the reason for the invasion could not be immediately ascertained

You people should stop getting emotional when reading news from Nigeria medias.. The same medias that told us Kanu was arrested in 5 different countries as if Kanu is Omnipresent..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Anago55: 6:13am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

You people should stop getting emotional when reading news from Nigeria medias.. The same medias that told us Kanu was arrested in 5 different countries as if Kanu is Omnipresent..

. Funny guy

Like who doesn't know that you are Helinues here? Obviously you think you are smart

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Joromi1: 6:17am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

So the community sacked the Fulani herdsmen that have been terrorizing the community and then in return 100's of soldiers came to defend the Fulani herdsmen..

Here is the question..

Are there no Igbo Ebonyi Indigenes, Igbo army officers from wherever they might have sent from to raised down houses and sacked the villagers in Ebonyi state?

So what's your own logic, that soldiers no longer work hand in hand with Fulani herdsmen?

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Monogamy: 6:20am On Jul 02, 2021
Joromi1:

So what's your own logic, that soldiers no longer work hand in hand with Fulani herdsmen?

May be when I read the other side of the story....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Joromi1: 6:23am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

May be when I read the other side of the story....
You don't have anything to say.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Bigflamie(m): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Here is the question..

Are there no Igbo Ebonyi Indigenes, Igbo army officers from wherever they might have sent from to raised down houses and sacked the villagers in Ebonyi state?

Dude, you aren't making any sense at all. Which logic are you applying in this case of army invasion, the worst had happened before with no one brought to book. You need mental evaluation, you are constituting nuisance on nairaland.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by 2elliot: 6:31am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Here is the question..

Like the serpent in the Bible, you are very clever, very very clever and subtle with lies.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by 2elliot: 6:33am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Here is the question..

1966 coup is Igbo coup yet several non Igbo soldiers were involved. But you all said that they were low ranking and were only following orders. Well done o.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by History555: 6:34am On Jul 02, 2021
South east govs are the worst buffons no state or region should pray to have. They sit idle and do nothing while their people are under siege. Just only interested in looting.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Monogamy: 6:35am On Jul 02, 2021
2elliot:
Like the serpent in the Bible, you are very clever, very very clever and subtle with lies.

Who knows if some of the villagers interviewed are palm wine tappers that could
have probably been high to the extent of getting close to the sky...

grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by Monogamy: 6:36am On Jul 02, 2021
2elliot:
1966 coup is Igbo coup yet several non Igbo soldiers were involved. But you all said that they were low ranking and were only following orders. Well done o.

My friend, that was during Eastern and Western region era.. Take note at the bolded.

Who was the majority tribe in the old Eastern region?
Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by donjahsy(m): 6:37am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Tell us the other part
Ok supporter of APC keep waiting for the story that will favor u

14 Likes

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by SmartPolician: 6:46am On Jul 02, 2021
Buhari is setting a bad precedence. Someone should remind him that he won't be in Aso Rock forever. Someday, the Fulanis will pay direly for all the atrocities they committed against the peoples of Nigeria.

Meanwhile,

The traditional ruler of Adamagu Akpawfu community, Igwe Christopher Nnamani, who resides in the Enugu metropolis, said he received several phone calls from his subjects informing him of the invasion.

Why do communities allow their Kings to live outside their kingdom? If a king doesn't find his domain conducive enough to live in, he should step down for someone who is willing to live in the community.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by temptnow: 6:53am On Jul 02, 2021
We must not allow cattle herders to be roaming out village, if you see any of them do the needful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2021
Punch and fake news, tueh!
Was it not the community leaders that wrote the divisional command headquarters over purported note dropped by alleged "herdsmen" threatening to attack the community? You are carrying out investigation, but you didn't deem it necessary to hear from the community leaders to get the true state of affairs; you are depending on hearsay
Nnah eh, seem i will quit Nairaland embarassed embarassed gradually turning to germinating ground for fake news.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Watching Super Eagles Vs Cameroon Match (Photos) / Kaduna Curfew: El-Rufai Conducts Aerial Surveillance Of The State (Photos) / Senator Ademola Adeleke Dancing At Dangote Daughter's Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.