Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. (29380 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Catsofnaija: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Don't move an inch
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ecolime(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Sorry for your life, go and look for work. That's what you fool's are good at
E pain am. Broke ass mofo grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
ecolime:

E pain am. Broke ass mofo grin

Sorry for your life
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Agbele1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
Bro, I think u should grab the FG cos of job security and I need this opportunity too, I dey look for FG job too
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Which job, have never seek for any jobs in my life. Anyway am already successful in my business, I don't even like working for somebody
my brother i thank God for ur life,pray for us too.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by PotatoSalad(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

You are encouraging him to embrace corruption and tommorow the same you will come here and complain about how rotten Nigeria is
When I say the average Nigerian is fantastically corrupt, people take it personal. People who are complaining about the FG and current state of the country are doing it cos they aren't enjoying piece of the national cake. Put them in a government position and they'll be worse than buhari.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Pauldollars(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Stop looking at the immediate benefits your current job is giving you. As a B.Sc holder, you also have the opportunity to attain the highest rank in that Federal establishment.
By then what you're earning now will be like mere allowances.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by JayB11(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work

How many salary earning people do you know and what the hell do you mean by "only unproductive set of people", are you inherently INSANE

11 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by LordReed(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
If you are the go jejely type that likes to do things at your own pace, the FG job is good. You'll have a lot of opportunities to do your own thing on the side without clashing too much with your job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by toyosiabayomi96: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �

Bro FG is better I will urge you to go for it. Meanwhile please connect me with your current job as I don't have anything I am doing presently than advancing in my career path. I studied accounting currently my Ican program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
JayB11:

How many salary earning people do you know and what the hell do you mean by "only unproductive set of people", are you inherently INSANE

Only sensible people will understand what am saying. There are some people that can't do anything on their own except to work for someone. I have many of them here working for me, they don't even have any plans for their life and future
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by aysuprano(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
Leave the private job and connect me with it
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Haywhyluv: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.

Where is the clearing company located
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by olokolekan: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
This Job that your pay is 30k weekly ,I beg link me up 070649393363
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Starpro87(m): 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
How viable is that private company?
Do you see a great prospect there?
Is it a multinational or indigenous?

If that weekly allowance is sure, I suggest you continue with the private coy, Save up and plan a life.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around[b]#75,000- #83,000[/b] for my level entry.

Those figures I emboldened is most likely BASIC salary.
When u factor in allowances like Leave allowance, furniture allowance, dressing allowance, education allowance etc you might probably find yourself going home with no less than 160k.
Again u said paramilitary, so I'm concluding that you'll be on uniform most of the time. This uniform factor is a disadvantage, I would have advised u run both jobs together, but it's not going to be possible being a uniform person.
.......My take, go for the government job, would be a better option both now and in the long run.
#speaking from experience.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Danny5050: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:

To be honest with you, if you're planning to become your own boss, continue with your current job and be diligent in it... Don't just be earning salaries also learn the job
But for job security and for steady growth baba abeg go for the Fg job. Tho considering the Naija security situation joining a security agency job in naija is at ur own pery because you could be deployed anytime to confront drugs peddlers and you know what it's means. So just do ur critical thinking very well and make the right decision.
Tho Fg Job is a bae... But joining the security agencies baba ur life join ooo .

Abeg connect me right now I'm job hunting... I need a job

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by jesmond3945: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
then why did you take up somebody's space when you knew you were not ready to leave your job?

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Solomonkdwise: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2021
You're so very funny. Unproductive ppl indeed
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
Solomonkdwise:
You're so very funny. Unproductive ppl indeed

Only a wise person will understand what am saying, some people can't do anything on their own except to work for someone. I have many of them here working for me, they don't even have any plans for their life/future
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by MoIbrahim: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
It depends on which will offer what you want in the future. Growth and experience or money? Only you can answer.

Note: money alone does not bring happiness.

Onyi90:

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Jaapu: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?

Which runs is this unfortunate fellow talking about here. The same corrupt people that claim they are fighting for a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by aigjoey(m): 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
Educationalserv:
there no paramilitary on that level all na above 100k .the fgn pay is not static it moves
there is pls.. From level 7 Bellow receiver less than 80k as entry level.. But a graduate on grade level 8 received about 130k a month as minus tax and other deductions

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by 1VOIZ(m): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
Like the one you living presently without job.....
Skillsnigeria:
As for me, I will prefer your current job. Save a lot of money and resign if they didn't sack me. Then launch my business, I like a life of freedom, like the one am living presently

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
1VOIZ:
Like the one you living presently without job.....

I guess you don't even know me. I have a company of my own, I also have workers working for me. That am chatting with you doesn't mean am your mate
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by elbulk(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Honest thoughts are welcome. �

Do the job because you want to. Job security is a myth. Evaluate which could lead you to a better end and not just working for 30 years to have pension that may not even be enough to change your life. Don't settle
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by zikter(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?
By plenty runs, you mean bribe, extortion and other underhand deals. Another rogue officer in the making going by this. Bros, even if you take the job, don't become a rogue officer and start oppressing us like others are doing. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by zikter(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Bros, it is not everyone that will do business. If everyone stop salaried work and go into business, I bet yours will not survive and you cannot even employ anyone in your business as no body will do salary work. For your information, people doing salary work are productive and are majority in all parts of the world, doing fine. Stop making ignorant statements

8 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by CheedyJ(m): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

So, those working for you to help your business grow are all unproductive abi..smh

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by zikter(m): 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Sorry for your life, because am chatting with you, am now your mate. I run a company, Houses and cars are just few of what I have. Yes I started with a shop many many years ago to use as office, every successful business man today have an humble beginnings
No body begrudged you for that. It is your arrogance and recklessness that is detested. You have a company, then who works there? Are they not employees on your payroll for salary? Assuming everyone decide to abandon salary work and open business, who will work in your company? And if your workers are not productive, how is your company moving forward, giving you opportunity to own cars and houses? Watch what you say in the public please

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
CheedyJ:

So, those working for you to help your business grow are all unproductive abi..smh

No, the point am trying to make is that. There are some people that can't do anything on their own, their own is just to work for someone. Even if they got sacked, they still look for another work. That's their nature. but for me, I don't even like working for somebody
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Lewisalexander(m): 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lewisalexander:
Screw u n ur job. Let's talk about the aboki in power. That's our major problem n concern now. The aboki worse pass cancer.

Modified. We cool bra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay / Proud Father Welcomes Lawyer Daughter With Customized Sticker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.