Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. (29390 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by elisho: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �
go for the fg job
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sugar97:

You're not bright

Maybe, because of the way I said it. That doesn't mean am abusing salary earners o. Only a wise person will understand what am saying
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by jaykorbs(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Note -: am not abusing salary earners o, is just that some people don't have vision of their own. That's the people am referring to

Bro, you just dey run upandan, the statement no hold water seh, the vision of some people is tied to some people. There are several fields you cant move straight to being your own boss without first being an employee. Several fields bro. Just delete the nonsense assertion coz more people are coming for you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
adanny01:

So a bank marketer who earns a salary is unproductive abi?

Anybody with a reasonable intelligence should not listen to your crap.

The pilot that flies a plan is also unproductive because he earns a salary.

A police, military man, a politician, lawyer, engineer, average civil servants are all unproductive people. In fact Buhari earns a salary, he is also unproductive, says you.

I'm not abusing salary earners o, make una also advice the op. Only a wise person will understand what am saying
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
jaykorbs:

Bro, you just dey run upandan, the statement no hold water seh, the vision of some people is tied to some people. There are several fields you cant move straight to being your own boss without first being an employee. Several fields bro. Just delete the nonsense assertion coz more people are coming for you.

Noted
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by oodua1stson: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Nigeria will soon break up. Don't accept any government job
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Jeffy1206(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
A private company would wake up one day and say, sorry you're services are no longer required... Wise words.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Kakamorufu(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work
ya not making sense angry angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by kriss27(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
aryzgreat:
I left 300k contract job for federal govt 90k job. Today I thank God for that decision as I have been promoted twice and my net pay now in the federal parastatal is above d 300k with yearly upfront above 2m.

Meanwhile my former colleagues at the private firm have lost their jobs

My verdict. Accept the FG job immediately
Sorry please, is it a security work?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by slimmaintenance(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
In the next 6years, this advice will make sense to you. But for now, it may not. The advice is word of an elder.

Skillsnigeria:
As for me, I will prefer your current job. Save a lot of money and resign if they didn't sack me. Then launch my business, I like a life of freedom, like the one am living presently

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by nitt: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2021
Get that FG job ASAP.

Private coy no job security.

Sack can come up out of the blue
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ImaIma1(f): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work. Only a wise person will understand what am saying

Many of those "unproductive set of people" can buy that your business that is shacking you 2 times over.

You think salary workers are those ones you pay 20k or only the people earning 40k? Get off your high horse and realize that not everyone wants to go into business.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Mac2016(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
As for me, I will prefer your current job. Save a lot of money and resign if they didn't sack me. Then launch my business, I like a life of freedom, like the one am living presently
Teach me nao. What business are you into? I wanna delve into business too.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Olabisi303: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work. Only a wise person will understand what am saying

Guy, just so you know, "sense" is far from you.
It's people like you that treat their employees badly because you have seen yourself as "better".

Just stop trying to defend yourself and stop referring to other people as unwise.

You messed up!

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Madavani(m): 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
Will he be able to save in this harsh economy?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Zionmdde: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
This is a personal advice
Take d fg job, ur allowance will always be bigger dan ur salary. Coupled with job security and peace of mind
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Hallabee1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
i will advice you to go into FG work , alot of benefit attached to it ....like retirement benefit and promotions and also goes with salary increment
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Zionmdde: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

I'm not abusing salary earners o, make una also advice the op. Only a wise person will understand what am saying
U sound senseless if u dont know. Some salary earners are earning in millions u are here yarning rubbish. Sense is very far from u. U cant even stand where some salary earners stand and talk about business. So sharrap

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by IncredibleWrite: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
And you are calling 200k a better paying job , something someone is making in dubai for 26 working days for sweeping the streets for 8hrs ...
Are you in Dubai? What is purchasing power of same amount in Dubai?

Online millionaires yet broke in real life

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Obiorahpcfg: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
Don't ever make dt silly mistake of working wt the federal govt of Nigeria. We dt are der will tell u. Save money from ur current place of work and invest in landed properties
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by kaydamzy1: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
I'd advise you go for the federal government job... You will grow in it with time.

Okay na, you fit connect person for your formal job as per say u dey comot? cool
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
Are you in Dubai? What is purchasing power of same amount in Dubai?

Online millionaires yet broke in real life
you be mumu... in dubai you can feed with 10k a month and the kind food u go chop nah with steady juice and chicken... close ur mouth, the most filthiest job in dubai is cleaning job but rest assure, someone doing cleaning job In uae is earning 230k and above for 26 days , with good environment, good health insurance and other benefits.... at least I can employ u as a servant with ur good paying job of 200k
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Ashibelieve: 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus. Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?

Hear yourself, PLENTY RUNS.
Later you all day it's politicians that is the problem,see you advising someone to take a low pay with under carpet benefits. You most likely also belong to a religious group too.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by frozen70(f): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Go for federal it will benefit you on the long run
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Abakelawal(f): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
When u hv job y did u apply fg job..,u just block someone space
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by AloyalNigerian(m): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

There are so many salary earners in this country that earn far more than you earn though cheesy.

I hate when people call salary earners "unproductive". If Dangote offers you a top job now, u no go grab am?

Abegi

Only a wise person will understand what I just typed too.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Dbiz1111(m): 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Na for this country you will see a jobless person the give advice to person that just find job.
Ndi Ara everywhere cheesy
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Sugar97(f): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Maybe, because of the way I said it. That doesn't mean am abusing salary earners o. Only a wise person will understand what am saying

Yes, a wise person will understand that it was a stupid thing to say

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by grandstar(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
obumsway:
like say doing buisness in nigeria is that easy ...... FG work is bae jare

He might be engaged in online business so his income is from overseas.

Nevertheless, you'd be shocked at the plethora of business opportunities still available in the country despite the harsh economic climate. There are people still making money
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Gjmff: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by cdieli(m): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2021
I will advise you not to take it you will regret it on the long run stay where you are and think outside thebox[qquote author=Onyi90 post=103309407]Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay / Proud Father Welcomes Lawyer Daughter With Customized Sticker / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.