Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. (29387 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by cdieli(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
I will advise you not to take it you will regret it on the long run stay where you are and think outside thebox
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by MichelleObama: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
NEVER EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF WORKING FOR FG, FG WORK IS A SCAM

. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY AND ESTABLISH YOUR OWN BUSINESS, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by grandstar(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work. Only a wise person will understand what am saying

No need insulting peeps who decide to work. Whether self employed or salaried, ones effort should be appreciated. Many who believe in being on their own have tried and failed. That doesn't make them a failure though. I believe in self employment too.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Dashlish12: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
Obiorahpcfg:
Don't ever make dt silly mistake of working wt the federal govt of Nigeria. We dt are der will tell u. Save money from ur current place of work and invest in landed properties
Ok if you need any landed properties in ibeju/lekki lagos, im your best plug
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by danqujigy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
The best advice is for you to go for the FG job. In it you can be doing business, have free time for yourself and as well as grow education wisely. It is only in government work you have the opportunity to further your education. The current company can fold up tomorrow while FG work is sure for the next 35yrs with carrier growth and politicial appointment as well. With FG work you can grow to a level where you help other people through appointments and even control your current company as well. Go and take the 100k+ salary and readjust your lifestyle. Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by HRMK: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
what a question!is govt job well secured these days?ur on ur own!
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Sirebonny(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
How sure is d fg work, just be careful b4 u make ur choice so u don't lose both

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Asafrank: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
Fg work is sure. Go for it. Good luck and congratulations
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Educhelssy: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
Educationalserv:
there no paramilitary on that level all na above 100k .the fgn pay is not static it moves

Bro there is.. NIS, Nscdc level 8 (bsc) .. it’s posible it’s around 70-100k
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by smeag0l(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
See the kind of advise you're giving the OP. To already have the mindset of embezzlement even before he or she joins the federal establishment. And I won't be surprised if you're amongst those abusing politicians the most here on NL.
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Celsony: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.

First of all congratulations to you. It ain't easy getting a job in Nigeria more so an FG job. For freedom to engage in other side hustles and job security, go for the FG job. But please connect me with your current company I desperately need a job right now...

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Effico5real(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sugar97:

Yes, a wise person will understand that it was a stupid thing to say
you be correct girl.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by kamalbob(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lewisalexander:
Let's talk about the aboki in power. That's our major problem n concern now. The aboki worse pass cancer.

Oya na show yourself. Confirm agbero
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by sule944: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
entry level for BSC holders is #125000
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by galantjoe(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:

To me fed govt job is over hyphed

The reasons of its over hyped is pension. Let it be known that with introduction of contributory pension scheme on Nigeria in 2014 had made private sector job lucrative. So, no need to go for fed job because same conditions are also applicable in private sector. Just enforce your employer to key you in contributory pension scheme.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by FireKing: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Please please please.... I will advice u to take the federal government job now because you might think of money you are earning now is bigger but trust me... What if you are sacked based on rubbish issues issues or the person in charge wants his or her own in your position now, WHAT WILL YOU DO? As for the federal job u can't be sacked unlawfully except u did wrong. Please wit time in federal job u move from level 7-15 at few years interval so does ur pay rises, along with overtime and arrears which is big. Leave the private job and take the government job and you will thank me later
Onyi90:
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner. thought are welcome. �

In the short run, you may enjoy the FG job but it’s not good in the long run. It incapacitates everything that can make you thrive independently. FG’s pension is horrible. It dulls your sense of reasoning and turns you to a mediocre. It is for lazy people - people who don’t want challenges.
It is not job security that would build your future for you. Working for government would even make you a chronic thief and more corrupt person. You can take the FG’s job if you don’t care about the kingdom of God.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
ImaIma1:

Many of those "unproductive set of people" can buy that your business that is shacking you 2 times over.

You think salary workers are those ones you pay 20k or only the people earning 40k? Get off your high horse and realize that not everyone wants to go into business.

Don’t mind him. I have entry level managers in my company who are on N2.5m a month. It is because most people don’t/didn’t start their careers well. That’s why they earn poorly. And also, a lot of employees are afraid of moving leaving one job for another. If not because I have decided I am not working for people in Nigeria again, I would have resumed for a job that pays N15m per annum this last Thursday July 1st 2021. I have gotten similar jobs like that but I am tired of office work generally.
So OP shouldn’t look down on people that earn salaries o. I have ogas that earn up to N80m per annum and they are just Band C directors.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Ndipe(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
Go for the job that will offer you stability and professional growth.

Onyi90:
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Akexstinger(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Baba don’t mind these guys ... Just take the NDLEA Job and you will thank me later . Your private work is for a while
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by mechanics(m): 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
Go for the FG job.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by breeezefe: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
AloyalNigerian:

There are so many salary earners in this country that earn far more than you earn though cheesy.

I hate when people call salary earners "unproductive". If Dangote offers you a top job now, u no go grab am?

Abegi

Only a wise person will understand what I just typed too.

Don't mind the guy with "so much" wisdom. Always ending his statement with "only a wise man".
If this fellow is truly successful, he would not be here replying all comments directed at him. This fellow na marketer.

It seems he's new on Nairaland, if not he would have realized that there are things he can't dish out from his mouth carelessly.
There are answers for any comment u make on Nairaland. You go collect the heat tire
Business man indeed

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by breeezefe: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Many of you don't even understand my write-up. Am not abusing salary earners, I only use myself as a case study to advice the op, yet people still don't understand me. I have many brilliant/intelligent people working with me and I like them

You have not started crying. You think you can come here and bully people without getting feedbacks. You think we have senseless people here that you can talk to any how.

Your grammatical errors have given you away already. Businessman indeed
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Telldem1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
As for me, I will prefer your current job. Save a lot of money and resign if they didn't sack me. Then launch my business, I like a life of freedom, like the one am living presently
Exactly my thought.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by KingMack(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:

Bros abeg find me work for your current office angry
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by McTobe(m): 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2021
It takes someone that have tasted both federal and private sector to give you a more balanced opinion. Even if the salary of the FG job is 50k I will still advise you to take it

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2021
breeezefe:

You have not started crying. You think you can come here and bully people without getting feedbacks. You think we have senseless people here that you can talk to any how.

Your grammatical errors have given you away already. Businessman indeed

I can write anyhow I like here. Anyway I graduated in 2004, that's a long time ago. Is unproductive set of people like you that always look for work, anyway am into I.T business and other businesses, not a semi illiterate english language teacher like you. You can visit my training institute website through my signature/profile and see how I write for myself and my Clients. Dindirin oponu
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by vinceobe: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
For the upteenth time, I have asked. How do some people still get government jobs andthere is no advert of recruitemenr anywhere? Where there is advert, and tests and interview, outsiders get recruited, leaving out those who have made all efforts at written tests and interview. There has been denial of recruitment exercise here and there. Among victims of this malace are the minority tribes of this country. Who will help the minority in this country now? This country na waah!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Lotusflowerbomb: 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Private clearing company that pays 30k weekly allowance? Bros I can clear anything clearable. I am a loan officer. Link me up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by akanbiaa(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work. Only a wise person will understand what am saying
Investment is for everybody that has good savings but running business is not for everybody.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Lisgirl: 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
Guy, please connect me this private cleaning company, I'm a graduate too but i don't mind. I need to save enough and start my own business.
Onyi90:
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Lisgirl: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Guy, please connect me this private cleaning company, I'm a graduate too but i don't mind. I need to save enough and start my own business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay / Proud Father Welcomes Lawyer Daughter With Customized Sticker / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.