Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. (29381 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by VTJN(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Sorry for your life, because am chatting with you, am now your mate. I run a company, Houses and cars are just few of what I have. Yes I started with a shop many many years ago to use as office, every successful business man today have an humble beginnings
don't mind him, nairaland caused it

Can you fix me into your team?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
VTJN:
don't mind him, nairaland caused it

Can you fix me into your team?

Where is your location
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by 1kinggy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
As for me, I will prefer your current job. Save a lot of money and resign if they didn't sack me. Then launch my business, I like a life of freedom, like the one am living presently

Private that can sack you on Monday.
P S.: Today is Saturday.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ImaIma1(f): 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
donaldwhal:

Don’t mind him. I have entry level managers in my company who are on N2.5m a month. It is because most people don’t/didn’t start their careers well. That’s why they earn poorly. And also, a lot of employees are afraid of moving leaving one job for another. If not because I have decided I am not working for people in Nigeria again, I would have resumed for a job that pays N15m per annum this last Thursday July 1st 2021. I have gotten similar jobs like that but I am tired of office work generally.
So OP shouldn’t look down on people that earn salaries o. I have ogas that earn up to N80m per annum and they are just Band C directors.

Their mentality is that salary workers are only the majority they see on Nairaland that always complain of earning 35k, 40k, etc.

Because they have one small business that they employ 3 people they pay 12k, they think they have arrived.

The little entrepreneurs on this forum keep criticising salary earners as if their small shops can't be bought by a salary earner. Very silly people.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by donPhill(m): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2021
aryzgreat:
I left 300k contract job for federal govt 90k job. Today I thank God for that decision as I have been promoted twice and my net pay now in the federal parastatal is above d 300k with yearly upfront above 2m.

Meanwhile my former colleagues at the private firm have lost their jobs

My verdict. Accept the FG job immediately
wow, i like. meanwhile, am job hunting, help a brother
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Frenzy01(m): 5:34am On Jul 04, 2021
Go for the FG job man... That one go dey better as I dey look am.

meanwhile, I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by davies(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Bros I'd have advise you to resign from your private job cos there is no job security while the FGN job has a better security & promotions attached, you will also be equipped with more knowledge which you can use to start your private firm after retirement but if you look at what you are presently earning as a yardstick then the option is fully yours to decide.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by FILEBE(m): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?

Boss, hope no be say na wetin i dey think o. Runs? Of person enter work with aim of doing runs..
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by IncredibleWrite: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
you be mumu... in dubai you can feed with 10k a month and the kind food u go chop nah with steady juice and chicken... close ur mouth, the most filthiest job in dubai is cleaning job but rest assure, someone doing cleaning job In uae is earning 230k and above for 26 days , with good environment, good health insurance and other benefits.... at least I can employ u as a servant with ur good paying job of 200k
Lol Dubai man. No thanks. Employ all your family members first.

Someone asked an important question to him, you left it all to focus on self-promotion.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Lamanii22(f): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2021
sulaimon22:

Job security wise, FG is okay.

Considering Inflation and high cost of living- Your current job is okay for you.

I won't mind if you can help me secure a job in your current company as I'm currently job hunting.

Same hereee... I need a job too
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Govo4me2u(m): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Don't resign now, do so when camping is sure. Go for FG Job. U can get a business as you grow.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
Lol Dubai man. No thanks. Employ all your family members first.

Someone asked an important question to him, you left it all to focus on self-promotion.
therefore stop seeing 200k as reasonable salary
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Adeplus: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �

Honestly there is Job security in FG but then it's a good pay start at your current job, in a nut shell what's your future goal(s) then pick.

by the way brother if you can help me in that FG I don't mind PLEASE!!!!! how can we chat or talk further Abeg!!!
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by obumsway(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2021
grandstar:

He might be engaged in online business so his income is from overseas.

Nevertheless, you'd be shocked at the plethora of business opportunities still available in the country despite the harsh economic climate. There are people still making money
Sometimes these guys make it looks like its sooo easy doing buisness ...... right now how many buisness can you use low funds to run with the high rate of expenses and low money available in the country. how many buisness can you make profit of over 100k with that type of low stress involved

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Hollar007(m): 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
Take the paramilitary job....it's better cos with time u grow. I work as an engineer before joining paramilitary 2years ago. I still do external work and the time is there. Moreso, the respect is there it clears and paves way for you but u go still suffer for sometime before u get used to it.......But u'll surely bounce back better.....JOB SECURITY my broda is the best.... Private company fit sack anyhow but be ready to face other runs in ur job or run other businesses with immunity
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by IncredibleWrite: 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
therefore stop seeing 200k as reasonable salary
How many percent of Nigerians earn that amount monthly?

We are talking about the poverty capital of the world here.

I know people who do several millions monthly.

I'm not doing millions yet but am putting in some systems towards that.

Regardless, that would never make me say 200k a month is small money.

The average lecturer earns between 150-180k. Professors earn between 350-500k.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by danilo1: 12:00am On Jul 05, 2021
Snail Farming is the new GOLDMINE, it doesn't demand that you quit your job

Just discovered, HACKS that have distinguished successful snail farmers

Lets get started, click the link below to join the class now

https://sites.Google.com/view/dnlfarms/home
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:32am On Jul 05, 2021
IncredibleWrite:
How many percent of Nigerians earn that amount monthly?

We are talking about the poverty capital of the world here.

I know people who do several millions monthly.

I'm not doing millions yet but am putting in some systems towards that.

Regardless, that would never make me say 200k a month is small money.

The average lecturer earns between 150-180k. Professors earn between 350-500k.

then agree with me that Nigeria is a failed state... because in that dubai there are people who earn that 500k and still see it as they are not earning money they supposes to earn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay / Proud Father Welcomes Lawyer Daughter With Customized Sticker / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.