Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari (876 Views)

Would You Approve Of Your Wife Tummy Tuck Operation...? / Name The Nairaland Monikers You Approve Of / Stop Hating And Insulting My Wife, Oyinbo Husband Of IG Ebony Lip Warn Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2021
Some youths from the Niger Delta region have rejected the three to five percent equity shares allotted to oil host communities in the Petroleum Industry Bill recently passed by both chambers of the National Assembly.

The youth groups during a protest in Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital on Monday, said the region has been “stripped off of their rights and entitlement after sixty-five years of oil discovery, exploration, sacrifices and devastation of their environment in the region”.

One of the leaders of the protest, Solomon Lenu who read out the position of the youths threatened to withdraw cooperation with oil multinational companies should President Muhammadu Buhari accede to the bill.

Lenu demanded for “a ten per cent equity shares” for the host communities in the interest of peace and justice.

He also noted that the region fears that it “will be worse off than we were under this system that appears to be careless about the collective survival and future of the people even though the keys to the economic engine that keeps Nigeria is domiciled in our backyard”.

Other leaders of the protest who spoke during the journalist also threatened that the youths will withdraw their “social license” for the oil companies in the region if the President goes ahead to “accent” the bill.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/05/therell-be-consequences-if-you-approve-pib-niger-delta-youths-warn-buhari/

Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by kinzation(m): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2021
Wahala
Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 06, 2021
Lolzz..... Good for them, he should make it 1per cent
Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by Naijanascam: 2:13am On Jul 06, 2021
And the elders are comfortable with it...... only una waka come abi?

Chaii our Oyel
Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by Fiscus105(m): 2:44am On Jul 06, 2021
I dnt even have a single pity on how buhari is dealing decisively with south, we are oportuned to be in power for more years in our latest democracy, the two men that were there, busy chasing shadow.
Obasanjo was craving for unity where there is none and Jonathan doing like ogogoro man.
They forgot that they were dealing with region who only remember and still be with them only because of their oil money.
Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by Freestainworld(m): 2:57am On Jul 06, 2021
Buhari will quickly sign this one, it doesn't affects his tribe
Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by richmond500: 5:50am On Jul 06, 2021
Buhari is mad if he approves it.

Na me go even type the application form for the recruitment of Niger delta avengers, but I am very certain he won't approve it,
i dont think he will take such rish, if ND sneeze, the economy go catch cold, the only reason why most do not support bombing pipeline installations is because the common man will suffer more, but if worse come to worst, I go enter river go catch fish, collect cassava start to toast garri weh I go drink but the economy go come to a halt, na few region go suffer am
Re: There’ll Be Consequences If You Approve PIB – Niger Delta Youths Warn Buhari by clarocuzioo(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2021
I think its high time we started asking our useless southern legislatures some serious questions.

How did this evil bill pass through the house processes without raising an alarm?

To think that Gbajiabiamila is the speaker of HOR and this evil was perpetuated on the entire south is more worrisome and speaks volume of his cowardice and poor leadership qualities.

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija Angel’s Tweet About Sleeping With A Rich Man Till He Becomes Poor / Why Girls Dey Bill You? / I Think I'm Lonely ........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.