Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? (7219 Views)

Poll: The Reason For Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigeria is :-

Tribal: 25% (23 votes)
Political: 24% (22 votes)
Religious: 50% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole / . / Can Someone Explain These Terms "recurrent" & "capital" Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by dejyx: 3:34pm On May 12, 2011
zeeleso:

I agree wit some of your points.

The problem is Envy: It is much more deeper than that. To u hustling for your daily bread n sweating to live a high standard of life, it would appear that the poor hausa man who lives in his mud house wit 50 children and hz no technology nor education should be envious of u. NewsFlash: they r not. As a matter of fact he may even think himself superior to u. Twisted right ? I know. They are content in their lives as it is. The igbos are hustlers. The yourbas are hustlers. The hausa are sleeping. They other two have set up shop in their land and become successful. The hausa saw them thriving. They allowed them to continue thriving and even with the crisis the non-indigenes keep going back there. It says a lot about the Igbo man's resilience.I also once read someone commend jos indigenes for allowing the hausa to set up shop in their land.

They have a group called BokoHaram: I've stayed in the north for a while bt i dont know who Bokoharam r except wt i hear from the media. It says they attack churches, armed forces and politcians. What does dis tell me? It started out cos they thought they were fighting a cause now the goal has shifted and they now carry out the wishes of the highest bidder. But Boko hara, does nt represent the hausa masses. Most of them dont know who or wt boko haram is and couldnt care less. They just hear it on TV.

Nice my man. I have two points for you to think over:
1. Have you heard of the word decoy. That contentment is a decoy.

2. If boko haram does not represent a part of hausa poeple. Are boko haram Yoruba? Igbo? Idoma? Tiv? Edo? Efik? Isoko? If boko haram falls under a tribe that is not hausa I will agree with you 100%.
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by namfav(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2011
dejyx:

My very good friend this medium has really helped me.  You mean someone can act like Kufr? "To those guys out there kufr is a word the Qu'ran uses to identify those who denied Allah's favors by not accepting His Dominion and Authority. Kufr thus is an antonym for Iman or disbelief in Allah" Am suprised at you namfav that you can go out in public to declare me kufr? Anyway call me whatever you like it is The Almighty God that has the final say not you namfav.  Imagine what is on your mind? So there are people that are kufr and you are what? Please let the house know.  I thought you were a little different from the "slaugtheres" you are all the same. Carry on with your atrocities and lets see where you will end.

Back to the main issue at hand I will like to let you know this fact I never made up any of these stories.  If someone from Jos is on this forum he or she will testify.  I dont have to make up any stories. Infact what have I said that is made up here. Let the forum know. I have been asking you what is false? what have I made up? point it out instead of insulting. Is it Dogon Nahawa the pictures and videos are there. Is it Ali Kazaure the pictures are there. Is it the capture/colonization of  of Angwan Rogo behind unijos the pictures are there. This is another issue you are making me delve into. The Theory that crises in nothern nigeria is caused for expansion.  

Now my own theory about crises in nothern nigeria like I said is all about ENVY of the notherners I will stick to that.  Another school of thought believe it is based on war of expansion or war for economic might. What is your own theory? You keep on saying government government. Now you are talking about structures that are not put in place. Please say something reasonable.  The big question is why is it in nothern Nigeria  we have Maitasine, Kala Kato, Izala, Boko Haram etc slaughtering innocent youth corpers, burning churches looting markets killing security operatives and rapping women?  The same government that governs nothern Nigeria is the same that governs the south but things like this are not obtainable from where we come from.  Why are you so adamant supporting this kind of heinous crimes.  You should condemn it.  Instead of condemning evil you are calling me Kufr.  Do you think calling me names can get me offended. No way man I am beyond that.  I know what I am and I know what I stand for.

My very good friend some people are going through these threads so as much as possible please try to be articulate.  I have never in my life abuse Islam, I will never abuse Islam. I am fully of the belief that religion is of the mind. God will judge each and every one of us based on our deeds on earth.  My relatives are muslims so I can never condemn any of them infact if I do I am condemning my own blood.

You know what namfav?  You have been brain washed. I now see your problem.  You have been listening to too many of  those sermons that are made to incite you guys  you cant even make a clear judgement of your own. You must have boozed an overdose of that your black concoction that is what is controlling you not your concience any more.  I wish you all the best in your slaughtering spree. It is just a pity.  The whole thing is actually turning to something else. So this is the last you will hear of me. Peace.

let me clear up, i'm not calling you a kufr, in the events there are people who insult our religion, our prophets (as) but they get offended when they are called any name that defines their character, you are a simple hypocrite because you say something which contradicts what you claim to be, to you all hausa are slaughterers as long as they don't agree with you and you think that way you will not get people angry

you are making somethings up, like the names, i have not heard those names being used as i said we observe that we have more good southerners than bad southerners, it is just we have southerners like you come here and speak ill about my people, a few weeks ago my brother in law had to hide for a whole night because of certain threats (they live in the south) not far from they lived some hausa and fulani were attacked, you know i missed on important assignments because of that for a whole week had to call through all hours, i don't understand how we put each other through that, but do i go out and condemn off southerners, no, but i agree that certain sections of the media, certain people from the south come on these platforms to spew their rubbish, to incite more hatred, you are calling me a murderer, do you think it helps when we have people like you? am a convicted murder? what makes you believe i read sermons that call for southerners to be killed? you may come up with your stoopid theories but for as long as we have people like you things will only get worse and worse, you have your own freedom to make conclusions, but remember when you start painting the hausa and fulani under with that brush it makes things dangerous, a person who says is as old as you i expected to know better, but nothing surprises with people in our nation anymore, remember, apparently a southerner can call a northerner a terrorist but not vice versa, is that the envy and priviledge you are talking about?  undecided
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by denssing: 10:21pm On May 12, 2011
who cares? We the HAUSA/FULANI dont want this your nigeria, how i hope none of our leaders is hungry for this silly oil money. But people are starting to wake up. yeah, so why don't u simply walk away from nigeria, must u kill to register ur disaffection? methinks nigeria will be a lot better without u fellas around to hack innocent nigerians to death which appears to be ur dividend of democracy
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by efhem: 5:27am On May 13, 2011
Tribal, political,religious, em em madness,yes madness coupled wit high illiteracy level. I served in d north, n i kn wat dis _ can do. If u dnt av anytin serious 2 do,pls dnt go close
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by rasputinn(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2011
It's Buharious aka ethno religious
Sponsored by self-serving losers,bigots and terrorists like Buhari
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by dejyx: 2:50pm On May 13, 2011
namfav:

what truth should be accepted, that we hate non-muslims? i speak this with certainty when i say this is nothing to do with hatred for muslims and non-muslims, neither is it tribal maybe in your quarters it is tribal but not in ours, the problem is social caused by the general political enviroment, in real life i don't think i will lose friends who are christian because i am muslim or because i am fulani, but there is a big possiblity friendships will be lost because of disagreement with social structures and the general enviroment of nigerias politics whenever i come across a southerner as a northerner we always avoid politics, we talk about religion, culture etc. but not politics do you know why? we've lived each other for too long with our different tribes/religions but now that religion has been politicised and being used by sections of the media to score points and sympathy why do you think there is a problem these things did not exist years ago just now especialy with the growth of internet where everyone can just go on and spew alot of rubbish on forums, news websites and blogs, even intertainment blogs are used for politics against northerners (e.g linda ikejis blog), and you think we are the ones to blame? please  undecided

Question: Recurrent crises in Nigeria is it  tribal, religous or political  

Namfav  a hardworking Hausa- Fulani  MUSLIM man says "the problem is social caused by the general political enviroment, in real life i don't think i will lose friends who are christian because i am muslim or because i am fulani, but there is a big possiblity friendships will be lost because of disagreement with social structures and the general enviroment of nigerias politics"

Now by recurrent crises what is meant is:
1. The crises in the late 60's before the Nigerian Civil war.
2. The crises in Kano where shops were burnt down churches burnt down in Sabon Garri Kano.
3. The crises of Maitasine in the 80's
4. The Crises of Bauchi in 1990
5. The 2001,2002,2008,2011 Jos Crises
6. The crises in Yelwa Shendam  in Plateau State.
7. The crises in Bauchi 2004 that started from Bauchi Poly.
8. The crises of boko haram in Maiduguri
9.  The Kaduna crises due to Sharia that must have been 2000 or there about.
10. The crises of the nation newspaper where a journalist published something said to be blasphmy to Islam before a beauty peagent.
11. The crises of the Danish Cartoon.
12.The post election crises in nothern Nigeria where Jonathan was declared winner and youth corpers, pdp members security personel and people of the public were attacked and some lost lives. This is the most recent. States like Kano, Kaduna, Gombe, Bauchi and Maiduguri were affected.
13.Kala Kato crises of bauchi 2010.
14.Jos Bomb Blast of

The above list can go on and on.

I have a few questions for you Namfav and members of the house that care to listen because we should try to make this as simple as possible.

Section A
Do you agree with the above list of recurrent crises in Nigeria. Yes or No Namfav. (if you disagree please feel free to alert the house and I will give you a break down/complete history of whichever point.) The whole world is watching so we must be careful.  
As a result of all these crises thousands of lives have been lost. True or False Namfav.
As a result of all these crises millions of Naira have been lost. True or False Namfav.

Section B
As a result of all these crises built trust between the notherners and southerners have been lost. True or False. Namfav.
To initiate all these nefarous activities mecenaries from Niger, Chad and Almajeris are used. True or False. Namfav.
Men at high places are said to be sponsors of these crises. True or False. Namfav.

Section C
All these crises occured in Nothern Nigeria. True or False
All these groups (Almajeri, Maitasine, Kala Kato and Boko Haram) are from North-West/North-East Nigeria. True or False.
North-East/North West Nigeria are predominantly Hausa-Fulani. True or False.

In the above listed crises from No. 1 - 14 who are the initiators.
a. Hausa/Fulani
b.Igbo
c. Yoruba
d. Tiv

If your answer is a. are the Hausa/Fulani predominantly followers of Islam?

I have posed these few and simple questions to you and the house to make understanding easier.  This is because on certain occasions you said I am making up stories, I am propagating the cause of the Nigerian Media, I am a not-so-smart person, I deserve to be called a[b] KUFR[/b] (Unbeliever), hypocrite etc. I have always hammered on one thing please and please if you feel any thing I have said is wrong highlight me and lets trash it out instead of calling names.

The final and big question I am posing to you, the house and the entire world is how does the failure of government and the failure of the political structure justify the slaughtering of human beings, Burning of Churches, Looting of property, raping of women, maiming of people and attacking of security operatives.
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 14, 2011
denssing:

who cares? We the HAUSA/FULANI dont want this your nigeria, how i hope none of our leaders is hungry for this silly oil money. But people are starting to wake up. yeah, so why don't u simply walk away from nigeria, must u kill to register your disaffection? methinks nigeria will be a lot better without u fellas around to hack innocent nigerians to death which appears to be your dividend of democracy

trust me, if it were up to me we would have walked away ages ago. Sorry dont mean to upset anyone but you have to be a joker to think nigeria will ever work. Dont take my word just read comments on NL
Re: Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? by jpphilips(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2011
@ Op

you are right i think, Nigerians love swimming in sentiments especially when they have religion, culture, ethnicity knocking on the door.
personally, i think the incessant unrest in the North is Govt insincerity of purpose.
think about it, why do we need to "quoter" our armed forces?
How many progressive countries in the world does dat sh.it?

solution:

throw the arm forces open, that will reduce the northern dominance and influence.

once the Northerners run Amok, send southern soldiers 100% and give a shoot on site order same for the militants in the south, trust me before any criminality springs up, one gat to think thrice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SERAP Gives Jonathan 7-day Ultimatum To Declare Assets / Muslim-muslim Ticket: Channels TV Exposed / Translate Google In Your Language: Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.