Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years (19956 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / Arewa Group Asks Abiodun, Ogun Governor To Resign, Calls Igboho Fake Activist / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Lockdown To Commence On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by NacoAba: 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2021
Look at this one that have not crossed Niger bridge is comparing ogun with Abia state. Remember Abia still have umuahia , or do you people think Abia is all about Aba.Aba self even sweet and great than ogun, cry less

Sammy07:

How can u compare Abia to Ogun?
Comparing Nokia touch light to iphone?

Even Almighty Anambra self still dey follow Ogun
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by forgiveness: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
Millimann:

Ok.

Are you still staying in Abia State?
If not, when did you leave Abia State?
Which other states have you been to and in what respect are they better than Abia?

Please, I just want to learn for knowledge sake.

Thanks.

I left just 2 years ago.

Of course, the current governor is trying. He has built Faulks road, Umungasi road etc but the streets in Aba are in bad conditions.

I have been to all the States in the South. Even Ebonyi of yesterday has overtaken Abia state in infrastructure.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by tunde300us(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
Dd you say abia state has few bad roads then the definition of BAD must have changed. The whole of ABA the commercial centre of abia state does not even have roads talk little of bad , sebi na when u get road you go say maybe e bad. U guys should not allow this governors get away with blue murder when you go about saying all this abegii
Nigercity:

Abia don't even really have bad roads like that
Only the major federal roads,
That pass through the state (as it shares border with 5 states)

The whole of Abiriba in Abia (small London)
don' t even have a single bad road, even igbere too, but that can't even be said of leki ,vi or any other part of Lagos
Not withstanding that The towns I mentioned has more landmass than leeki and co.
bad road in Lagos
Is almost every where
Abia own is just few part outskirt of aba
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by forgiveness: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
NacoAba:
Look at this one that have not crossed Niger bridge is comparing ogun with Abia state. Remember Abia still have umuahia , or do you people think Abia is all about Aba.Aba self even sweet and great than ogun, cry less

Abeokuta, Ota etc are far better than Umuahia and Aba.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by NacoAba: 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
Continue to dance around the whole nairaland, anywhere you are now that is not Lagos and Abuja band Port Harcourt can't be better than Abia. Stop lying. You cannot demarket Abia State because it's one of the best state in Nigeria.

forgiveness:

I left just 2 years ago.

Of course, the current governor is trying. He has built Faulks road, Umungasi road etc but the streets in Aba are in bad conditions.

I have been to all the States in the South. Even Ebonyi of yesterday has overtaken Abia state in infrastructure.

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by NacoAba: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
grin I laugh in Swahili. No need to argue with you. Take care.

forgiveness:

Abeokuta, Ota etc are far better than Umuahia and Aba.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by forgiveness: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
Nigercity:

Lolz
I don't really know
The number of roads in Lagos shaa
Like wise Abia
Am not from both states
But in between Abia is almost times 2 of Lagos in landmass nah!
Also talking about road networking
Use Google statelite view and view both cities (Aba and Lagos)
You will see that Aba has more plan road networking than Lagos

No doubt, Aba has planned road network but not more than Lagos. And it's in bad conditions.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by forgiveness: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2021
NacoAba:
Continue to dance around the whole nairaland, anywhere you are now that is not Lagos and Abuja band Port Harcourt can't be better than Abia. Stop lying. You cannot demarket Abia State because it's one of the best state in Nigeria.

Which lie? I lived at Powerline and later stayed of Powerline.

Faulks road Umungasi, etc were done in my present.

Abia state is the least in the whole of Southern Nigeria though it has an industry that could have made it the best state in the East.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by forgiveness: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
NacoAba:
grin I laugh in Swahili. No need to argue with you. Take care.

Continue to delude yourself
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by majamajic(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
woleabayo:
IDIOT I OWN A HOUSE THERE TOO

Till u own a car in that area , u can't understand the topic , be using your senses sir

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Millimann: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
forgiveness:

I left just 2 years ago.

With regard to our discussion, two years ago is not "just".

I visit Abia state almost on monthly basis for business and projects. I must say there is a huge improvement compared to what obtains two years ago when you left although there is still a lot more to be done e.g Ariaria Market and the Osisioma Flyover.

That being said, I insist that Abia is not the worst state in Southern Nigeria. Have you been to places like Alagbole, Ajuwon, Olambe, Agbado Oja, Akute, Ishashi all in Ogun State? Like, how can you compare Ogun State to Abia in terms of road infrastructure? These are just the places I know in Ogun state oo.

I may concur if you say Southeast, but not southern Nigeria bro.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2021
Millimann:

With regard to our discussion, two years ago is not "just".

I visit Abia state almost on monthly basis for business and projects. I must say there is a huge improvement compared to what obtains two years ago when you left although there is still a lot more to be done e.g Ariaria Market and the Osisioma Flyover.

That being said, I insist that Abia is not the worst state in Southern Nigeria. Have you been to places like Alagbole, Ajuwon, Olambe, Agbado Oja, Akute, Ishashi all in Ogun State? Like, how can you compare Ogun State to Abia in terms of road infrastructure? These are just the places I know in Ogun state oo.

I may concur if you say Southeast, but not southern Nigeria bro.

Bro, Aba is a well planned city but in terms of road infrastructures, it is lagging behind.

Same with everywhere in Abia State.

Now, there are many cities and towns in Ogun state and even the capital and Ota are far more developed than Umuahi and Aba.

From, Lagos toll gate to Iperu toll gate along Lagos Ibadan express way, there are many developments and infrastructures going on in that axis.

Ogun state is far more developed than Abia State.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by majamajic(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
hardbody:

Boss, I have a personal house in Matogun...I abandoned the house. I have used oke-aro/ajuwon/ etc to link Iju/Ogba and VI (where I work). I have used alagbado severally going to OTA. I lived at Alagbole and frequented Akute.

My point is, I know these environments like the back of my palms but those are the worst neglected parts of that state. In Abia, you cannot access my place except you detour through Akwa Ibom state. There is no sane road to Arochukwu except you pass through Akwa Ibom state (either Ikot Ekpene or Itumbunuzo (Off Bende). It is so bad that we don't fly through Owerri Airport any longer, we basically fly through Uyo and take cabs that take you through Uyo- Ikot - Ekpene - Arochukwu. Interestingly, the roads are good till you get to the boundary of Akwa Ibom and Arochukwu in Abia State.

As for Aba, after my last experience more than 6 years ago, I vowed to never revisit that town and I haven't. If i need anything from there, i place an order, pay and it is waybilled to me. If my folks want to see me, they either meet up in the village or come to Lagos. Aba is a No No.

That Ikpeazu is, aside from roads, owing teachers, civil servants, retirees, etc. He is absolutely good for nothing, trust me.

Wow , nice analysis

But Aba is by far better now than before , I went to Alagbado too last year , abiodun is doing well too . I saw the road that linked up ishaga from Agbado it's far better now
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by dchamp234(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
And this is the State with about 3000 or more companies paying taxes every month or year. Ogun state is the richest state in West Africa but corruption won't let it develop.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by 9icest: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
This particular governor na yahoo yahoo.
If he’d continued where Amosun stopped it would even be far better. My mom’s house is along the Ososun Road in Ifo. He canceled the projected initiated by the last governor and they took the project to the Speaker’s mothers village in Vesper, Ifo. Imagine, a road leading to the $50 billion naira rail way project and one of the largest terminal ever built. How can a governor cancel a road leading to it and takes it to a village that leads to nowhere beside be wanted to appease the speaker. If it’s not for my mother, id never ever go to that dirty and filthy state ever again. Driving through the horrible roads of Sango and Otta where they generate over 50% of their revneue which they only spend at Abk and embezzle the rest makes me sick and gives me nightmare.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by mailemy(m): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
People are really suffering on that road. The road is really bad and needs quick solution.
LLiKYekoba:
And here I was thinking Abia has the worst road.

Lagos-Abeokuta road is also the worst federal I've ever travelled, from toll gate, to sango to Ifo, all the roads are dilapidated.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by 9icest: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
mailemy:
People are really suffering on that road. The road is really bad and needs quick solution.

Leave this aba issue. Ogun would have been total hell if it wasnt for the little Amosun did
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Prophet777: 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
When it is time for an election, you will see them again.

Ogun-State is one of the states with worst ever roads in the country.

There is no where you can see a good or motorable road in the entire state except the state capital.

Go to Mowe, go to Ibafo, go to Sango-Ota, go to Akute/Alagbole, go to Ijoko, Ilaro and Oja-Odan side.

Ogun-State govt has been doing very badly when it comes to roads network.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by geewean(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2021
theFilmtric:

Ogun's GDP and Igr are higher than most in Nigeria

Is it the IGR from landslords or omonile? Name 2 indigenous owned factory in ogun state and I will name 20 for you in Anambra. In your answer don't include those ones at Agbara industrial estate kos nor me ogun indegenes own am.

Revenue from Nnewi the hub of spare parts in Nigeria will build 6 million kilometers of road in Ogun state that Dapo Abiodun is shouting he can't.

If not for Ogun state proximity to Lagos kogi state would have been better than you guys.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by theFilmtric: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2021
geewean:

Is it the IGR from landslords or omonile? Name 2 indigenous owned factory in ogun state and I will name 20 for you in Anambra. In your answer don't include those ones at Agbara industrial estate kos nor me ogun indegenes own am.

Revenue from Nnewi the hub of spare parts in Nigeria will build 6 million kilometers of road in Ogun state that Dapo Abiodun is shouting he can't.

If not for Ogun state proximity to Lagos kogi state would have been better than you guys.
You are talking trash you can't prove
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by theFilmtric: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nigercity:

Did i said am from Abia
Or did I said
I reside in ogun
Fact is the nature of what I do
I travel alot,
And I have come to realize that Lagos/ogun has more bad roads than anywhere in Nigeria
If the east was better why do you "reside" in Ogun? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Justifies Wike’s Presence At BoT Meeting / Simon Kolawole Denies Authoring 'On Peter Obi, Let Us Verify!' Article / APC: An Ally Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.