Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years (19926 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / Arewa Group Asks Abiodun, Ogun Governor To Resign, Calls Igboho Fake Activist / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Lockdown To Commence On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by iwaeda: 7:56am On Jul 07, 2021
Governor Dapo Abiodun has said the bad roads in Ogun State cannot completed in the next 20 years.

Abiodun said this on Tuesday while addressing the people of Iberekodo and Arakanga, in Abeokuta North Local Government Area of the State.

Gov Abiodun said the condition of the roads in the area made it look like his intervention on roads has not yielded the desired results, stating that even if someone rules the state for 20 years, all the roads cannot be fixed.

However, the governor assured the residents of his determination to complete the roads in the area, which he said was started by the previous administration.

According to him, the road linking Ogun with Oyo State is of utmost priority to his government.

I can’t do everything or please everyone – Gov Abiodun

“On my way coming here, I saw this road and I felt bad because the road is too bad. And we are currently embarking on construction of roads across the state, but this road now makes it look like we have not done anything. All these roads cannot be completed even in 20 years. But, we are determined to do this road,” he assured.

DAILY POST reports that Abiodun was in the area to inspect the Arakanga Water works, expressing confidence that Abeokuta residents will soon begin to enjoy uninterrupted supply of pipe borne water.

He said that the completion and installation of five ‘Barage Gates’ at the Arakanga dam would allow for proper damming and effective distribution of potable water to the people.

Abiodun blamed the previous administration for the stoppage in water supply, alleging that it failed to mandate contractors to repair water installations destroyed during road constructions.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/07/ogun-roads-cant-be-fixed-in-20-years-gov-abiodun/?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by majamajic(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Amosu is worst governor in Nigeria history

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by iwaeda: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2021
But before election they can promise in one year, all roads will be tarred and watered. Go to Alagbole, Mowe, Ofada, Ifo, Sango, you will wonder if there is semblance of governance. Yet people will hail them unending. See the rubbish Amosu did for 8 years, yet he is still a Senator, sometimes you can not blame politicians for the foolishness of electorates.

175 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2021
Even with the whole IGR we keep hearing that can construct all the roads in West and still have some change remaining

OGUN and IGR

Seems Abia state IGR is more functional and realistic than ogun state IGR...

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Tinubuadvocate: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2021
Ah well no problem this man mustn't return back to Oke Mosan, ogun state really unfortunate of bad leadership. A state that produced 5 presidents.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Ekez(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2021
Hmmmm
And abia matter no dey commot for there mouth.
Me think say ogun state na dubai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Nigercity: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2021
20 years is even small
I doubt if 100 years self will Even do the magic,

Ogun and Lagos
Has bad roads
Than all other Nigerian states combined together raise to power 2 (^2)

16 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Sammy07: 8:09am On Jul 07, 2021
majamajic:
Amosu is worst governor in Nigeria history

Amosu or Daru Dapo?

11 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Sammy07: 8:10am On Jul 07, 2021
[s]
Ekez:
Hmmmm
[/s]

How can u compare Abia to Ogun?
Comparing Nokia touch light to iphone?

Even Almighty Anambra self still dey follow Ogun

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by booblacain(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2021
that is a defeatist mentality. A shame.

12 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Nigercity: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2021
Ekez:
Hmmmm
And abia matter no dey commot for there mouth

Abia don't even really have bad roads like that
Only the major federal roads,
That pass through the state (as it shares border with 5 states)

The whole of Abiriba in Abia (small London)
don' t even have a single bad road, even igbere too, but that can't even be said of leki ,vi or any other part of Lagos
Not withstanding that The towns I mentioned has more landmass than leeki and co.
bad road in Lagos
Is almost every where
Abia own is just few part outskirt of aba

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2021
Sammy07:

How can u compare Abia to Ogun? Comparing Nokia touch light to iphone?
Even Almighty Anambra self still dey follow Ogun
Some statements needs no reply.
Abia state is 300 times better than ogun state....
until ogun beats that then maybe there will be something to add

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by slawormiir: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Same with all state
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by zeusdgrt(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
Yeye governor,if u enter Ogun state u will weep for the people especially if u go there during the rainy season.Every time I enter that state I see people lacking in all aspects of basic amenities and the government doing absolutely nothing,main roads are bad not to talk of streets u will never be happy going there cz of the condition of the people u will see.It beats my imagination to know all governors elected in that state always sit down and do nothing at all for the tenure elected with no probe or investigation.

15 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by favgok: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by design110: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021

Are they that bad?
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Temmylee01(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
maybe yes if the road were to be built in a standard way it requires many houses gone mostly those old and delapidated building but those mama will not allow you to demolish em building though....so it might be delayed but anything apart from that the road can be done in ten years.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Jackson105: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Even with the whole IGR we keep hearing that can construct all the roads in West and still have some change remaining

OGUN and IGR

Seems Abia state IGR is more functional and realistic than ogun state IGR...

You urgently need sense

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Elock1: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
sad

All those useless allocation them dy give president, Senators, governors and Co Don reach to work all the roads way dy Nigeria and even other parts of west Africa.

I don't wanna go into money way Them dy loot or the one Britain dy thief on a daily.

Make I stop here Sha.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Millimann: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
Ekez:
Hmmmm

That's what they made you believe. It's for people that haven't travelled to places. Abia is better than most of these states 100 times. Social media is blowing their nyash open sha. Small time they will go and dig up 1987 pictures of Aba.

23 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Globad(f): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Has he tried BOT? The governor needs to up his game. Anyone who can afford a house should be able to afford tenement rate or land use charge.

How many years did it take to reconstruct Europe after the 2nd World War? Less than 20 years.

8 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by rawtouch: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Ibkhaleel: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Criminals hatefull bunch of buffoons.....kanku akeji.... Wailers

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by LLiKYekoba: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
And here I was thinking Abia has the worst road.

Lagos-Abeokuta road is also the worst federal I've ever travelled, from toll gate, to sango to Ifo, all the roads are dilapidated.

11 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Dozie32(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Then you should stupidly step down. For we youths to work it within 2years.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Cjgrandvendor: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Not even in 100 years Oloriburuku gbogbo

4 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Authoreety: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Rubbish politicians
Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Julianaa: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2021
How many have you fixed?

Why not start from somewhere like Lagos state

You better resign since you are incompetent

6 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by Sirpaul(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2021
Ogun kiilll yea there

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2021
But funds for the road construction can be embezzled within 24hrs!

14 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun: Ogun Roads Can’t Be Fixed In 20 Years by lionness(f): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2021
In 2008 I came to Atan in otta and bought 2 acre of land for 1.8m. A friend advised me to buy land in lagos. Due to the cost i bought just 1 plot at Baale Animashaun road, alakuko for 2 million.
Today the 2 acres in Ogun is worth only 16 million naira while the 1 plot in lagos is worth 30 million naira. And this is only because of useless leaders the ppl the state keep electing. I sold my land in 2020 and have since fully moved to lagos. Ogun doesnt want to develop at all, its only the residents there that are doing everything and paying lots of taxes.
Imagine buying a tokunbo vehicle and the engine knocked while going to Ogun State just once! My Altima entered a big puddle inside Iyana Iyesi for Otta and it knocked while I was trying to get. Go to Abk, its the same rubbish; the governor and half the civil servants have hijacked the entire road projects and doing ONLY Abk because of their hotel projects. The worse thing is, Ogun State will kill your business with rubbish taxes. You even pay thugs taxes! What a useless and rubbish state with pathetic and hopeless leader. It’s not 20 years, it’s 1,000,000 unless the people there get rid of these rubbish ruling them come 2023

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Averts Diplomatic Row With Turkey Over Extradition Requests – Mr. Onyeama / Why I Thank God For Tinubu - Dele Farotimi / Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.