Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive (4988 Views)

PDP: Fresh Crisis Looms As Sheriff Ignores Nec’s Directive / Fayose Releases His Phone Number To Ekiti People / Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by toluxa1(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2011
I just checked my email now and received a mail from gtbank.

Dear Valued Customer,

NOTIFICATION OF NEW ACCOUNT NUMBERS

Thank you for taking advantage of our products and services.

In view of the recent Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) directive that all Nigerian Bank account numbers be changed to a new standard format by May 2011, kindly find below, your new Nigerian Uniform Bank Account Number(s) (NUBAN):

ACCOUNT NAME: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
OLD ACCOUNT NUMBER NEW ACCOUNT NUMBER (NUBAN)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that you are expected to start using your new NUBAN account number(s) for all transactions immediately.

We appreciate your co-operation and understanding whilst we continuously strive to offer you exceptional service.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Has anyone received this yet? My question is. what if funds are sent to the old account number. How long will they be valid
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Demdem(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2011
Yes i have also received such. My wife also.
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by toluxa1(m): 5:05pm On May 10, 2011
And hope it wont affect our money ooo. lol
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by tboy1(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2011
I got the same mail on the 6th of this month
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Abbycrown(f): 5:27pm On May 10, 2011
Received mine on 9th. It cannot affect any old or new transaction. And it's even easier the way they did it-just sending mails to their customers & all that-instead of asking customers to go through some stress of filing forms & stuffs like that. Automatically, all your existing data have been transferred to the new account, all you need to do is update any holder of your old account number, so as to avoid invalid transactions.
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Odunnu: 6:15pm On May 10, 2011
Got mine yesterday and I prefer ths one,its shorter you know
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by ITbomb(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2011
Odunnu:

Got mine yesterday and I prefer ths one,its shorter you know
Fast girl, Zainab16 she don already get am. She no dey carry last
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Odunnu: 6:47pm On May 10, 2011
Lol
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by idnole4(m): 7:09pm On May 10, 2011
actually, when I received that message on the 6th, I thought it was a scam,
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by martyns303(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2011
please o! Am receiving payment from a multinational and writing to them to update my account number is not an option. I just hope that is not the reason for the delay in payment.
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by toluxa1(m): 8:03pm On May 10, 2011
Well, I think you should try to get in touch with them as soon as possible. I called a friend at the bank about it and he insisted that I inform anyone sending money to my account of the new account details.

But what are they gonna do about civil servant accounts and other people have old account details on payroll database of organizations etc
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Flameboy26(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2011
toluxa1:

Well, I think you should try to get in touch with them as soon as possible. I called a friend at the bank about it and he insisted that I inform anyone sending money to my account of the new account details.

But what are they gonna do about civil servant accounts and other people have old account details on payroll database of organizations etc
mtcheeeew
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by TONJOLO: 11:05am On May 11, 2011
The change wont affect fund transfer into either the old or new account Numbers. I had a similar experience with FCMB and the fund was transfered into the new account number
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by bidell1(f): 12:04pm On May 11, 2011
[size=58pt]Signs of the ANTICHRIST, [/size]
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Ekpoma1: 12:25pm On May 11, 2011
bidell1:

[size=58pt]Signs of the ANTICHRIST, [/size]
What does ANTI-CHRIST got to do with this? You need brain surgery asap!
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 11, 2011
i dont c anything special in it.
btw, dont banks have d rite 2 use whateva account number format system they so choose?
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 11, 2011
Its a done deal, accept and stop complaining
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by IYANGBALI: 3:41pm On May 11, 2011
i hope dis one no be wayo numba o?
Re: Gtbank Begins Changing Of Account Number To Nuban - Cbn Directive by bidell1(f): 5:02pm On May 11, 2011
Ekpoma1:

What does ANTI-CHRIST got to do with this? You need brain surgery asap!

Mugu, I said signs, with all these UNIFICATION around the world, cant u see the signs?

sometime, you need to be critical before you criticise.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: RCCG Member Accuses OSINBAJO Of Rape And Corruption / What Are The Implications Of Islamising A Nation? / Shocking Details About Those Behind Attacks By Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.