Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,010 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video (4181 Views)

I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum / My Future Wife Must Be From The Village. / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 12, 2012
You men are so bent on finding faults angry what that girl has said is the truth. If I remember correctly she said she would cook for a man because she wants to and not because she wants to woo him or make him marry her.

That is some solid way of reasoning IMO
Re: Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video by moremi2008(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
Why do women want to have their cake and eat it too? They want the man to woo, wine, dine, buy gifts, buy flowers, open the door, close the door, carry grocery bags and then common cook they can't do?!! Chei!!!! No wonder single sisters plenty for church!

To all those claiming ancient traditions of intense wooing, I hope you're also claiming the part where the man finally gets the woman to marry him and then turns her into free farm labor and baby machine. I also hope you're claiming the part where the man finally plants enough yams with the help of the wife and her 7+ children and then uses those same yams to go marry Nkechi, the fresh, young damsel as a second wife! The modern marriage has just a little in common with the marriages your great grandparents had in the village. Be careful what you wish for oh!

mutter:

That`s one pretty girl with her head screwed on right.
She has allot of value for our tradition and is proud of her roots.
She is right a man has to woo a woman and want her for her personality.
What she is saying is absolutely in line with African tradition. When was it ever the duty of a girlfriend to cook for a boyfriend and chase after him. Those are duties she takes up as a wife. This young lady made it clear that she was ready to cook for her husband. She also sees nothing wrong in cooking for a bf if it is your absolute wish but not as a means of getting him to marry you.
One needs to listen to her without bias. Well as a mother I would be absolutely disappointed if my daughter was going contrary to this advise. That would mean no self esteem and that I have failed her.
Incidentally my boys also love cooking. It is a big time hobby in our family. At age 10 my kids can already cook and bake easy stuff and make salad.

Can your boys also apply make-up and tie gele? tongue tongue
Re: Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video by ShyOne(f): 3:05am On Jan 13, 2012
The video was hilarious, very funny, very, very, very funny.

Thanks for the thread.
Re: Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video by mutter(f): 11:15am On Jan 13, 2012
Moremi, Thanks for the hint. I think I have to teach them that too!!! I mean you never knoe who they grt married to, they might want to teach their wives. tongue tongue
Re: Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video by moremi2008(m): 5:19am On Jan 15, 2012
mutter:

Moremi, Thanks for the hint. I think I have to teach them that too!!! I mean you never knoe who they grt married to, they might want to teach their wives. tongue tongue

Just make sure you get their father's approval before commencing lessons. God knows I won't let me sons anywhere near a kitchen. They can go learn how to cook once they get out of my house. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video by vega84(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
I dnt knw y stupid tins like should be allowed to get out! Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coping With Infertility\mother In-law Threats / What Makes You Excited? / Graphic Video: Guy Catches Wife Cheating, Then Beats Her To Death.... Just Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.