Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris (46961 Views)

Itsekiris Finally Discard 1979 Edict Insist That They Are Yorubas Not Bini / Ohafia War Dance Of The Ohafia People / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Obudupikin: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
jrjfjfj:
Your Stupidity follows you everywhere,Just like your body odour.And now your stupid self will claim that you are Yoruba .F*ck Nyamiris angry

Absolutely unnecessary.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Fryzi(m): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nawa o
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
They should come let me prepare the fire for them. cool cool
Nigerians What makes this supernatural?

5 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by hopexter(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:
YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED IN SAYING NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING angry

He did say a lot to be honest undecided

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by KingDash: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
Antoeni:
I stand with this kind of Biafra girl
ugly thing.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Hezmatosky: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
jrjfjfj:
Your Stupidity follows you everywhere,Just like your body odour.And now your stupid self will claim that you are Yoruba .F*ck Nyamiris angry
Can you just respect your new age?
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
This is truly the Nigerian version of Shedrach, meschach and abdenego. angry

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Some will call it Juju and all sorts of things . Those ones are the idiots these practices are part of our tradition and what makes us African. I would like to know the science and metaphysics behind this . It’s quite fascinating

3 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by tutudesz: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Efewestern:
Every ethnic group in the Delta have got some kind of unique and weird dance. Some months back, I made a thread about the power dance of the Urhobo people, today, we will be having a look at the fire dance of the Itsekiri people of Delta State.

The fire dance is a supernatural dance by the Ajagbugbu group that involves stepping and dancing on burning fire without getting burnt.

The dance is presented on special occasions, like the burial of an OLU or the crowning of a new king.

Watch the video below:
https://web.facebook.com/476829076028289/videos/1130790027399227
My brother no forget your Ijaw brother
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by LordErrk: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Africans are useless
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by UltimateSpice: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
FANTASTIC. I will ask my Itshekiri lover if she can do fire dance in the other room.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Kzinne: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55 ITSEKIRIS:
HOW COME THIS AJA-OGBUGBU IS NOT PRACTICED IN YORUBA LAND

I THOUGHT YORUBAS AND ITSEKIRIANS ARE BRETHRENsad

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF AJA-OGBUGBU IN YORUBA LINGUA grin
ITSEKIRIS ARE KIDS TO THE YORUBA PEOPLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by ChiefSosa(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Ose, why u dey shout na. Abi d heat enter ur blockus?

2 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Judolisco(m): 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
Make I help dem set better fire

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by sylve11: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
Divinehealer:
They should come let me prepare the fire for them. cool cool
Nigerians What makes this supernatural?

Lol grin cool
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Fatalveli(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Skoonheid:
Ni ba oritse sanguwe da mogbe oma a wa gbo oma.

My people. A people to be proud of.
Iba Orisa Sango

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Efewestern: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
tutudesz:

My brother no forget your Ijaw brother

I wont bro, once I get something interesting, I will write about them.

I love African culture and traditions.

2 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
This was exported by African slaves to South America

Suriname to be precise smiley

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by eniteden(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
umlere eh? grin
fratermathy:

Oniovo, do you have the video? I find this cultural display deeply interesting.

I also wonder how they do it. There must be a scientific reason for this, or at least an explanation (logical or not). Even if its "supernatural", I'm curious about its mechanism.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by KanuSE: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Black man! grin
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by GenGbose(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
[b]Itshekiri bokia ghan
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by duro4chang(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HOW COME THIS AJA-OGBUGBU IS NOT PRACTICED IN YORUBA LAND

I THOUGHT YORUBAS AND ITSEKIRIANS ARE BRETHRENsad

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF AJA-OGBUGBU IN YORUBA LINGUA grin
In oyo town and some yoruba towns there is sango festival where different magics and fire dance are performed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Afamsi: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
jrjfjfj:
Bleep ubanka
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by nograv: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
descarado:
I think they rub something on their bodies.

See dis one..

You do not believe in the spiritual realm.. wink

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Tihmmyg50(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nor be juju be that?
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by gasparpisciotta: 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
African woman go dance...
She go dance the fire dance....

Shey na the dance be this?
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Donpraiz: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
At ds modern age people re stil serving idols.
Dt is y u n i keep fighting powers from ur father n mother house.
May God have mercy on us.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by RichAbujaGuy: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
Amazing... a cultural info thread breaks out into a tribal fight on page one. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi And Her Beautiful Friends / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo As A Prince (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.