Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris (46962 Views)

Itsekiris Finally Discard 1979 Edict Insist That They Are Yorubas Not Bini / Ohafia War Dance Of The Ohafia People / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by NSK4U(m): 3:11am On Jul 20, 2021
Antoeni:
I stand with this kind of Biafra girl

Omo Igbo amaka!
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by OLORIPAPA: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
fratermathy:

Oniovo, do you have the video? I find this cultural display deeply interesting.

I also wonder how they do it. There must be a scientific reason for this, or at least an explanation (logical or not). Even if its "supernatural", I'm curious about its mechanism.
oniovo pls we need you in this Facebook page AMAKASHE 'R URHOBO. We need your tributions

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by OLORIPAPA: 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Efewestern:
Every ethnic group in the Delta have got some kind of unique and weird dance. Some months back, I made a thread about the power dance of the Urhobo people, today, we will be having a look at the fire dance of the Itsekiri people of Delta State.

The fire dance is a supernatural dance by the Ajagbugbu group that involves stepping and dancing on burning fire without getting burnt.

The dance is presented on special occasions, like the burial of an OLU or the crowning of a new king.

Watch the video below:
https://web.facebook.com/476829076028289/videos/1130790027399227
oniovo pls we need you in this Facebook group page AMAKASHE 'R URHOBO. We need your contributions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi And Her Beautiful Friends / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / The Oba Doesn't Go On Transfer, But Travels In A 2016 Rolls Royce Phantom (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.