Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris (46963 Views)

Itsekiris Finally Discard 1979 Edict Insist That They Are Yorubas Not Bini / Ohafia War Dance Of The Ohafia People / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by pacespot(m): 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
Serious, but I see those people surfering

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by wasiudvd(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HOW COME THIS AJA-OGBUGBU IS NOT PRACTICED IN YORUBA LAND

I THOUGHT YORUBAS AND ITSEKIRIANS ARE BRETHRENsad

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF AJA-OGBUGBU IN YORUBA LINGUA grin
Check those who worship Sango, they do stuffs with fire.
There was a time the Ooni traveled to the US, fire fighters were called in when people saw the fire one man was playing with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by ThickSharon123(f): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
fratermathy:

Oniovo, do you have the video? I find this cultural display deeply interesting.

I also wonder how they do it. There must be a scientific reason for this, or at least an explanation (logical or not). Even if its "supernatural", I'm curious about its mechanism.

They believe fire can't hurt them, and so it won't. It's imagination.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by klax(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:

Another tactics to brew up tribal attack. What brought Yoruba-Itsekiri into this now just tell me?

The itsekiri are doing their traditional thing enjoying their festive but now you want to start Yoruba-itsekiri. Pls can't you people grow up? Same thinking 2010 same thinking 2015 and same thinking 2021 haba grow pls grow.

Who ask you history? Wetin be your own with Yoruba itsekiri? e concern you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Victerica(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
The supernatural work with the mind of an individual who is fearless and pure.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by LikeAking: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
This kind of reasoning will not take you far in life.

Your one vote can never win you any office.

Success in life is 99.9% other peoples hustle for you, not yours.

It takes higher consciousness to know these secrets.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Opharhe: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
fratermathy:

I also wonder how they do it. There must be a scientific reason for this, or at least an explanation (logical or not). Even if its "supernatural", I'm curious about its mechanism.

I find it very fascinating too. I'll definitely watch the video. Already on it.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Opharhe: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Efewestern:
Every ethnic group in the Delta have got some kind of unique and weird dance. Some months back, I made a thread about the power dance of the Urhobo people, today, we will be having a look at the fire dance of the Itsekiri people of Delta State.

The fire dance is a supernatural dance by the Ajagbugbu group that involves stepping and dancing on burning fire without getting burnt.

The dance is presented on special occasions, like the burial of an OLU or the crowning of a new king.

Watch the video below:
https://web.facebook.com/476829076028289/videos/1130790027399227

Urhobo power dance? Please I'm interested in this too, Oniovo.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Shampoo77: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Give me little time let me fiight this fire..
Oritse wiliki people.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by byinks(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:

Passing thru or dancing thru fire is a Canaanite form of worship Ijebus are disobedient Israelites who mixed with Canaanites who built city of Jebus, later renamed Jerusalem by the tribe of Judah. Itsekiris arer cousins to the ijebus.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by harmony75: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Beautiful people ❤❤❤
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by musicwriter(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
fratermathy:

Before I even answer your concern, let me say that nothing is supernatural. Everything can be explained either scientifically or metaphysically. This doesn't mean that everything is known but that everything could be explained with the said two field of knowledge.

Having said that, the reason they're able to dance on fire is because they're calling upon the spirit of their ancestors and have assumed that spirit which they believe has dominion over fire. And since they believe it in their heart then they become it. It's like going to the beach and riding a wave effortlessly using the energy generated by the wave.

What you see there is that they get possessed by (in a good way) that fire dance spirit/God that has been in their culture for thousands of years if not millions of years. They draw enormous amount of power from it because they trust it and when you have that level of trust on ANYTHING miracle happens. After the dance and when they come back to their normal selves, they'll be astonished how they were able to dance on that fire.

The opposite of that is that when we call upon Jesus or Muhammad as Africans, we're calling upon and being possessed by spirits and Gods that conquered and enslaved our ancestors. Unfortunately, the same thing is true with the foreign language and education which are also not ours. But this's the part nobody talks about due to naive defense of useless ego.

3 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by poweredcom(m): 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Fire dance hahaha
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Revolva(m): 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by YungMillionaire: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Donpraiz:
At ds modern age people re stil serving idols.
Dt is y u n i keep fighting powers from ur father n mother house.May God have mercy on us.

Still far better than worshipping a blue eye blonde hair white savior.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Thazard(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Cerebell;DOfum:
Previously on Supernaturalgrin
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by YungMillionaire: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
klax:
Another tactics to brew up tribal attack. What brought Yoruba-Itsekiri into this now just tell me? The itsekiri are doing their traditional thing enjoying their festive but now you want to start Yoruba-itsekiri. Pls can't you people grow up? Same thinking 2010 same thinking 2015 and same thinking 2021 haba grow pls grow.
Who ask you history? Wetin be your own with Yoruba itsekiri? e concern you

Don't mind him he is one of those deluded Igbos. I am Itsekiri and we don't even mind people talking about our strong link with Yorubas because we are a Yoruba group. This guy just has a mischievous intent and everyone can see his shamelessness.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Gfskw: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Really
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by YungMillionaire: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
byinks:
Passing thru or dancing thru fire is a Canaanite form of worship Ijebus are disobedient Israelites who mixed with Canaanites who built city of Jebus, later renamed Jerusalem by the tribe of Judah. Itsekiris arer cousins to the ijebus.

Yes, major clans in Itsekiri are cousins to Ijebus. But I will have you know that the Jebusites of the bible are not the same as Ijebus. Real Yorubas don't claim descendants of Jews or Arabs or Canaanites. Only the foolish minority do.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Emilokoiyawon: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sango is alive and well in Itsekiriland. Sango Oba i na o! Gbayi!!
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Ovis1302(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
musicwriter:

Before I even answer your concern, let me say that nothing is supernatural. Everything can be explained either scientifically or metaphysically. This doesn't mean that everything is known but that everything could be explained with the said two field of knowledge.

Having said that, the reason they're able to dance on fire is because they're calling upon the spirit of their ancestors and have assumed that spirit which they believe has dominion over fire. And since they believe it in their heart then they become it. It's like going to the beach and riding a wave effortlessly using the energy generated by the wave.

What you see there is that they get possessed by (in a good way) that fire dance spirit/God that has been in their culture for thousands of years if not millions of years. They draw enormous amount of power from it because they trust it and when you have that level of trust on ANYTHING miracle happens. After the dance and when they come back to their normal selves, they'll be astonished how they were able to dance on that fire.

The opposite of that is that when we call upon Jesus or Muhammad as Africans, we're calling upon and being possessed by spirits and Gods that conquered and enslaved our ancestors. Unfortunately, the same thing is true with the foreign language and education which are also not ours. But this's the part nobody talks about due to naive defense of useless ego.
Can Metaphysical feats be analyzed with our Physical Laws?
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Ovis1302(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
ThickSharon123:

They believe fire can't hurt them, and so it won't. It's imagination.
So if I fired up my imagination that the fire won't hurt me and I joined them to do the fire dance, I won't be rushed to Central Hospital Warri?
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by ThickSharon123(f): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovis1302:

So if I fired up my imagination that the fire won't hurt me and I joined them to do the fire dance, I won't be rushed to Central Hospital Warri?

If you have the slightest believe that it would hurt you, it would burn you, dear.

You have to have a thorough belief that the fire can't burn you, you and the fire are one, and you won't have a problem.

Is the same way for people, who's house are burning, but they come out unhurt, most of them believe the fire can't hurt them because God or something is protecting them and it works for them, nothing hurts them.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by musicwriter(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovis1302:

Can Metaphysical feats be analyzed with our Physical Laws?

That's not so easy question to answer. But I'll begin by saying look at how I wrote METAphysics.

Yes, it could be possible but not with the type of scientific knowledge available today because what you asked would require a different type of scientific approach that would create scientists who think in a different way than today's scientists. That type of scientific knowledge must incorporate spirituality in scientific studies like the ancient people did.

Science as practiced today is only dealing with the FRONT END of reality. The BACK END of reality which is METAphysics is not understood by them and they have no idea what it is. But our African ancestors already majored in that area of knowledge.

Knowledge of that front end and back end would have given humanity a holistic understanding of the nature of reality. Unfortunately, when Europeans came conquering, they destroyed everything. That's why Albert Einstein said that "science without religion is lame." Of course, what he wanted to say is that science without SPIRITUALLY is lame but as I said previously white people don't understand spirituality, they replaced spirituality with religion so you can forgive Einstein.

The civilization ever to come close to merging physical science with METAphysics were the ancient Egyptians but the knowledge was lost since, again, white people destroyed that as well when they burnt ancient African libraries in Egypt, Ethiopia and Mali.

Note: White people are beginning to peep at what I just said but it's being dismissed as "unscientific" but they have no idea that their approach itself is what's unscientific. Science should be able to look at every evidence no matter where it would lead to. But, of course, the natural reason they do that is because Western civilization has reached the point where they consider themselves perfect but would end up being toppled like every other past fallen civilization before them.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Uchasa(m): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Don't mind him he is one of those deluded Igbos. I am Itsekiri and we don't even mind people talking about our strong link with Yorubas because we are a Yoruba group. This guy just has a mischievous intent and everyone can see his shamelessness.

You are not Itshekiri. No average Itshekiri man or Niger Deltan can spew this thrash. You must be a Yoruba in disguise, be proud of your roots.

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Sewgon79(m): 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:

It is practice in Oyo State. If yoi want go and check where masquerade dances with fire in his body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIXuYsBXAA
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Emmanfemcy(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
[uote author=OBALOLA55 post=103636957]HOW COME THIS AJA-OGBUGBU IS NOT PRACTICED IN YORUBA LAND

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF AJA-OGBUGBU IN YORUBA LINGUAgrin[some places practice such in Yoruba land. Mostly Ekiti, I mean you can Google Ina-oluwa dance in Ayedun Ekiti]
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Ovis1302(m): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
musicwriter:

That's not so easy question to answer. But I'll begin by saying look at how I wrote METAphysics.

Yes, it could be possible but not with the type of scientific knowledge available today because what you asked would require a different type of scientific approach that would create scientists who think in a different way than today's scientists. That type of scientific knowledge must incorporate spirituality in scientific studies like the ancient people did.

Science as practiced today is only dealing with the FRONT END of reality. The BACK END of reality which is METAphysics is not understood by them and they have no idea what it is. But our African ancestors already majored in that area of knowledge.

Knowledge of that front end and back end would have given humanity a holistic understanding of the nature of reality. Unfortunately, when Europeans came conquering, they destroyed everything. That's why Albert Einstein said that "science without religion is lame." Of course, what he wanted to say is that science without SPIRITUALLY is lame but as I said previously white people don't understand spirituality, they replaced spirituality with religion so you can forgive Einstein.

The civilization ever to come close to merging physical science with METAphysics were the ancient Egyptians but the knowledge was lost since, again, white people destroyed that as well when they burnt ancient African libraries in Egypt, Ethiopia and Mali.

Note: White people are beginning to peep at what I just said but it's being dismissed as "unscientific" but they have no idea that their approach itself is what's unscientific. Science should be able to look at every evidence no matter where it would lead to. But, of course, the natural reason they do that is because Western civilization has reached the point where they consider themselves perfect but would end up being toppled like every other past fallen civilization before them.
Thanks .
So insightful.
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by musicwriter(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2021
Ovis1302:

Thanks .
So insightful.

Ok bro.

Science is seen spirituality, spirituality is unseen science........Kaba Haiwatha Kamen

1 Like

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by emmadothings(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
OBALOLA55:

The name of the community was spelt wrongly : it is ajigbodundun it means town of very black people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi And Her Beautiful Friends / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / The Oba Doesn't Go On Transfer, But Travels In A 2016 Rolls Royce Phantom (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.