Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties (33168 Views)

Lagos Task Force Impounds 35 Vehicles, Demolishes Shanties / One Person Killed As Fulani, Hausa Residents Clash In Ondo State Community / IPOB Attacks Hausa Residents In Rivers State. 2 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Insecurity(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2021
Members of the Hausa community at Trailer Park in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State have cried out over the alleged, “demolition” of their homes by the State Government.

The State Government had recently commenced the demolition of shanties along the Eleme axis of the East-West as part of its effort to fight insecurity in the State.

Governor Nyesom Wike had repeatedly said the shanties provide hideouts for some criminals operating in the State.

However, the Chief of the Hausa community in Eleme, Al-Shittu Dahiru whose members were affected by the demolition said about fifteen thousand of them have been rendered homeless by the State Government.

He said the businesses of his people have also been displaced by the action of the government for no reason.

Dahiru also claimed that for over thirty-seven years of their stay in that community, none of his members have been accused of any criminal offence.

According to him, “We were just here when we saw a Caterpillar from Eleme Local Government Chairman who said he was sent by the Governor to demolish our houses here. More than fifteen thousand people including women and children have been displaced. For 37 years, I have not seen a Hausa man that police have accosted for any crime. We don’t know where this is coming from.

“We are appealing with his excellency to assist us.”

Other affected residents also appealed to the governor to rescue them from suffering by paying a visit to the area.

One of them said, ”we are pleading with the State and the Federal Government to come to our rescue. We have different tribes here. I’m from Edo State and we have a lot of Hausa people here who are living with their families and they have rendered us homeless. No place to sleep, so we are pleading with the State Government. Let justice be served.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/14/hausa-residents-cry-out-as-rivers-govt-demolishes-shanties/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Arrewa: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Ok
Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Arrewa: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Good!!

Anything to get Ride of northners in the south Is a welcome development.

Majority of the Hausa speaking Muslims in The south are Niger migrants.

It's time they go back to Niger or relocate their hustle here northern Nigeria.

The few HausaFulanis in the south should also return home!!!

If you're a Hausa living in south and want to come back home but don't have the financial capacity to start afresh.

Send Me a pm.

Most HausaFulanis from Kano are back Home... most of them are doing better.

Don't be afraid of starting afresh!!

Come back home... We have a foundation here in Kano that serves Nature and humanity!!

We'll support you and help you back to your feet!!

Save your Life and come back home.

It's time we develop and control our local market.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by November1857(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2021
Good, those shanties might be harboring terrorist !

127 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by otokx(m): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2021
37 years of rent free stay with no taxes, Nigeria is a wonderful country.

220 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Dovegrey: 8:13am On Jul 14, 2021
Wike my man grin

No peace for terrorist

I wish enugu madam governor is like wike.

My state for done better.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by ford101: 8:15am On Jul 14, 2021
You people should go and rent a house now. Even if it's a face me I face you now.

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Monogamy: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2021
While Lagos is also doing same at the same time, Pattern dey..

Not only anti grazing law dey on ground, others dey but na step by step..

Some of the killer herdsmen are not even herder to start with but mercenaries.. After perpetrating those evil acts, the shanties is where they run back to and hide while enjoying their shares.

They should all be demolished..

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by DEROX: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2021
Arrewa:
Ok
my friend what of that girl na cool i dont care what she looks like seriously
Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by RZArecta(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2021
Nice one from Governor Wike, Rivers state must get rid of all criminals and their hideouts. A northerner will commit crimes and be reported to the police but nothing will come out of it. They should commit their crimes in Daura where they have freedom cool

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by RobbStark(m): 8:49am On Jul 14, 2021
I believe these people complaining have villages and state where dey come from.

37yrs free and constituting nuisance to that area.
Believe me if you have ever passed that area, you wud think you in Kano

Very dirty and inhumane to live in.

True, criminals hide there just like in Chindah area of port Harcourt too when it was destroyed.
Guns of different kind were found in the place.

Good one Mr. Governor.

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Frenchkiss564: 8:52am On Jul 14, 2021
Go rent house and contribute to the society like everyone else.

Say whatever you may about Wike, that nigga got balls of steel.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2021
Is the governor destroying only shanties owned by the Hausa community? That should be the right question to ask.

I hate people trying to make hills out of molehill; if the indigenous people can pay rent for apartments, what stops the visitors from doing likewise?

I hope the next governor of Ebonyi state take care of the menace in "OGBE HAUSA"

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2021
Hausa/fulanis would come in trailers of cows for free to obodo yinbo south

They would still establish gworo shanties without ever paying for rent

They constitute the nusiance of people selling sugar cane, cutting nails, scavaging dustbins, begging in the streets

When southerners go to the north they use cars and pay for rent never setting up shanties and degrading north environment

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Tochj(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2021
37 years
Not even a block
Are you kidding me?
No wonder you are antagonising igbos in Kano for building estates in Kano.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Maxymilliano(m): 9:13am On Jul 14, 2021
37 years of staying in shanties ?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2021
RobbStark:
I believe these people complaining have villages and state where dey come from.

37yrs free and constituting nuisance to that area.
Believe me if you have ever passed that area, you wud think you in Kano

Very dirty and inhumane to live in.

True, criminals hide there just like in Chindah area of port Harcourt too when it was destroyed.
Guns of different kind were found in the place.

Good one Mr. Governor.
Arrewa won't like this grin

You mean they re-created the place to be like where they hail from?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:
While Lagos is also doing same at the same time, Pattern dey..

Not only anti grazing law dey on ground, others dey but na step by step..

Some of the killer herdsmen are not even herder to start with but machinery.. After perpetrating those evil acts, the shanties is where they run back to and hide while enjoying their shares.

They should all be demolished..
There was a time crime rate was high in my place (uromi) the local government chairman mobilized security based on intelligence and they invaded the hausa shantee

Omo you need to see guns they were bringing out from that place even inside their terrorist mosque that served them

They basically committ crimes outside and keep the guns there

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by RobbStark(m): 9:21am On Jul 14, 2021
Mikecold:
Arrewa won't like this grin

You mean they re-created the place to be like where they hail from?

Honestly that's the truth.

I remembered that Chindah axis before the gov cleared it.
You can't pass there at nite if you are not a 'strong person'
Those guys formed their own cult and be oppressing innocent passerbys

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2021
RobbStark:

Honestly that's the truth.

I remembered that Chindah axis before the gov cleared it.
You can't pass there at nite if you are not a 'strong person'
Those guys formed their own cult and be oppressing innocent passerbys

Na their way

Nusiance of a people always wanting everything free to encourage their crimes

21 Likes

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Kyase(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2021
RZArecta:
Nice one from Governor Wike, Rivers state must get rid of all criminals and their hideouts. A northerner will commit crimes and be reported to the police but nothing will come out of it. They should commit their crimes in Daura where they have freedom cool
If el rufia and ganduje start their own
Make we no hear noise oo

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Kyase:

Make we no hear noise oo
Start what?

There is a well structured sabon gari with houses been rent out which doesn't deface or obstruct environment

You can easily pin the occupants of the houses with details of whom they are

In Hausa/fulani shanties one aboki in a 2by1 makeshift space doing mi-shia in the day would accommodate 12 other abokeys at night who can't be traced

They would be defacing the place with dirty, and stench adding more illegal wood structures

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by jamesversion: 9:46am On Jul 14, 2021
Excellent news. I heard smelly Hausa prostitutes are distributing all kinds of diseases there. Let them rent houses and shops and pay tax. Simple.

21 Likes

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Felimax(m): 10:08am On Jul 14, 2021
ford101:
You people should go and rent a house now. Even if it's a face me I face you now.
No, they will not because all the lands in the country belongs to them even the oil in Bayelsa state belong to them. if you have been to the north and has seen how this people are so difficult you will hate to come near them in your own place.

We had to run for our dear life from Mokwa to Jebba just because they were fasting and we were eating. Wetin concern us with their fasting i nor know. We traveled almost a whole day without eating, oya make we manage rush bread and soft drink na be fight from nowhere. It was by God's grace we got to Lagos safe.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by Kam2021: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2021
Why do these people find it difficult to rent even one room and live with others??

22 Likes

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by zombieHUNTER: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2021
Dovegrey:
Wike my man grin

No peace for terrorist

It happens everywhere
Has no ethnic coloration

Come to Lagos State and see the same
BTW most of this northerners are from Niger republic and they have PVCs... That's what Southerners don't know

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by AntiBeEmCe(m): 10:29am On Jul 14, 2021
What are they crying out for?

Everytime they would be playing the victim card.
This is the 21st century, they should go nd rent houses like every other sane person in Rivers State and...stop living like filthy animals.

They make a beautiful community look dirty all because they want to be getting everything free. Which kind nonsense Fulani privilege be that.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by poiZon: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Kyase:

Make we no hear noise oo
U r from kogi, u dey mention ganduje and el rufai... Ur brain no dey active to remind u yeye bello?
The beer crates and bottles destroyed by their hisbah nko?

33 Likes

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by RZArecta(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2021
Kyase:

[s]If el rufia and ganduje start their own
Make we no hear noise oo[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties by RZArecta(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2021
poiZon:

U r from kogi, u dey mention ganduje and el rufai... Ur brain no dey active to remind u yeye bello?
The beer crates and bottles destroyed by their hisbah nko?
you get time to dey reply an unfortunate political miscreant

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Will Not Win Presidential Poll – Prophet Bempah / Fuel Hike: It Will Be An Indefinite Nationwide Strike Without Notice - Ajaero / Ize-Iyamu Commissions Borehole In Uromi, Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.