Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance (20491 Views)

INEC Under Pressure To Review Kano, Kaduna, Ogun Polls / Protests Rock Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Niger Over Insecurity / Amaechi, Gbemi Saraki Inspects Ongoing Lagos- Ibadan Modern Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ibkhaleel: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2021
thomasjoe:

In landmass the north is bigger but in Population it is not ! Neither is it richer in resources (Human / Capital / or Natural resources )
The south has a more dense population ...wake up and stop innocently falling for the lies about the population ....
Besides my personal opinion, think about this "IS THERE ANY PART OF THE WORLD WHERE THE ARID DESERT REGION IS MORE POPULATED THAN THE COSTAL LUSH RAINFOREST REGION FLOWING WITH MORE ADAPABILITY FOR LIFE ? EVEN INSECTS AND BIRDS ARE MIGRATING DOWN TO THE SOUTH GLOBALLY"

I RECOMMED YOU CARRY OUT YOUR INDEPENDENT RESEARCH ON THE TRRUTH ABOUT THE NIGERIAN POLULATION....

Lol see this deluded shameless boy...

The NPC data is available the population of Kano alone beats that of your entire region....fools

Ungrateful set of people...

I repeat politics is a game of number and you are always and shall always remain the minority!
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 8:53am On Jul 15, 2021
sulaak:

Electricity and the steel plant at Ajaokuta are the key priority. If Nigeria had a well-developed power and a steel industry they wouldn't need to waste billions that importing steel from China to build railways at an exorbitant price.

$8.3 billion for theThe Lagos–Kano Standard Gauge Railway is a 1,343 kilometres (835 miles).

You want to wait and depend on Ajaokuta steel that has not worked for the past 45 years it was conceived. Even the Ajaokuta steel plant will never work unless Itakpe Ajaokuta Warri rail link to supply raw materials is completed. You prefer the lack of progress 33 years since this rail was started? Now the chances of starting the Ajaokuta plant is brighter, even Itakpe mines has better chance of success since it can now supply iron ore to Delta steel aladja.

Just say you hate the achievement so far in the rail sector as it will confer political advantage to a group you don't like.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2021
nograv:

You found one Fulani with Brains..

By contrast I found the following notable Nigerian Americans the bulk of whom are Yoruba or Igbo.

Try and find your people in this list.. cheesy

Science and engineering

Kunle Olukotun, computer engineer and professor of electrical engineering and computer science at Stanford University and director of the Pervasive Parallelism LaboratoryIlesanmi Adesida, physicist and material scientistChristopher I. Chalokwu, geologistVictoria Chibuogu Nneji, computer scientist and roboticistJimmy Adegoke, climatologistOmowunmi Sadik, chemistWendy Okolo, aerospace research engineer at NASA Ames Research CenterAkintunde Akinwande, professor of electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of TechnologySamson Jenekhe, chemical engineer and professor of chemistry at University of WashingtonOluwatoyin Asojo, biochemistChristopher I. Chalokwu, geologistWinston Wole Soboyejo, professor of mechanical engineering at Princeton University and Worcester Polytechnic InstituteDeji Akinwande, professor of electrical and computer engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, recipient of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and EngineersJohn Dabiri, professor of aerospace engineering at the California Institute of Technology, recipient of MacArthur FellowshipAlexander Animalu, theoretical physicist; member of the advisory board of the Physica journalFrancisca Oboh Ikuenobe, geologist and professor of geology at the Missouri University of Science and TechnologySoni Oyekan, chemical engineerBolaji Aluko, professor of chemical engineering at Howard UniversityLola Eniola-Adefeso, professor of chemical engineering at University of MichiganNdubuisi Ekekwe, electrical and computer engineerEkpe Okorafor, professor of computer science at University of Texas at Dallas and husband of Unoma Ndili OkoraforUnoma Ndili Okorafor, computer scientist, wife of Ekpe Okorafor, and daughter of nuclear physicist Frank Nwachukwu NdiliPhilip Emeagwali, computer scientist and 1989 recipient of Gordon Bell PrizeTam David-West, academic and virologist

Medicine

Latunde Odeku, first Nigerian neurosurgeon trained in the United States; pioneer of neurosurgery in AfricaChidi Chike Achebe, physician executive and son of Chinua AchebeBankole Johnson, psychiatrist; discoverer of topiramate, a gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) facilitator and glutamate antagonist, as an effective treatment for alcoholism.Olufunmilayo Olopade, hematology oncologist; director of the Cancer Risk Clinic at the University of Chicago Medical CenterIkenna Ihim, doctorOla Akinboboye, nuclear cardiologistMojisola Adeyeye, pharmacist and professor of pharmaceutics at Duquesne UniversityBennet Omalu, neuropathologist and professor at the University of California, Davis; first to discover and publish findings on chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in American football playersNelson M. Oyesiku, vice chairman of neurological surgery and professor of endocrinology at the Emory University School of MedicineCharles Rotimi, geneticist and director of the National Institutes of HealthOlawale Sulaiman, neurosurgeon; professor of neurosurgery at Tulane UniversitySegun Toyin Dawodu, physician and professor of pain medicineSamuel Dagogo-Jack, discoverer of the first radioimmunoassay for epidermal growth factor in human salivaElizabeth Ofili, physician and cardiology researcherChidi Chike Achebe, physician executiveJacqueline Nwando Olayiwola, Chair Professor of the Department of Family Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical CenterClement Adebamowo, epidemiologistFolakemi T. Odedina, professor of pharmacy and medicine at University of FloridaAndrew Agwunobi, CEO of UConn Health

Humanities and social sciences

Kola Tubosun, linguist and founder of The YorubaName ProjectJacob Olupona, professor of African Studies and African American Studies at Harvard UniversityAbiola Irele, literary scholar and former professor at Harvard UniversityClaude Ake, political scientist, former professor at Columbia University and Yale UniversityChinua Achebe, award-winning novelist, professor, literary scholar, and author of Things Fall ApartNwando Achebe, historian, feminist scholar, and daughter of Chinua AchebeFarooq Kperogi, journalist and professor of journalism at Kennesaw State UniversityNwando Achebe, historian and feminist scholar; professor of history at Michigan State UniversityToyin Falola, historian and professor of African StudiesBamidele A. Ojo, political scientist and professor of Political science and International studiesJohn Ogbu, anthropologist, "acting white" theoristEkpo Eyo, archaeologist and professor of African arts and Archeology at University of MarylandAkinwumi Ogundiran, archaeologist, Chancellor's Professor and Professor of Africana Studies, Anthropology & History at UNC Charlotte.Obiwu (Obioma Paul Iwuanyanwu), writer and professor of English and creating writing at Central State UniversityWendy Osefo, public affairs academic, professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Education, and television personalityEmmanuel Chukwudi Eze, philosopherNkiru Nzegwu, philosopher and Distinguished Professor for Research at State University of New York at BinghamtonKalu Ndukwe Kalu, political scientist and Distinguished Research Professor of Political Science and National Security Policy at Auburn UniversityStephen Adebanji Akintoye, academic, historian and writerSaheed Aderinto, professor of history at Western Carolina UniversityElechukwu Njaka, political scientist; author of Igbo Political CultureOlu Oguibe, professor of art at the University of Connecticut and senior fellow at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DCChika Okeke-Agulu, art historianJoy Ogwu, political scientistLeslye Obiora, professor of law at University of ArizonaMathematicsEditNkechi Agwu, ethnomathematician and historian of mathematicsAbba Gumel, computational mathematician and mathematical biologist, professor at Arizona State UniversityChike Obi, pure mathematicianKate Okikiolu, mathematical analystYewande Olubummo, mathematical analystGrace Alele-Williams, professor of mathematics education

Academic administration

Victor Ukpolo, chancellor of the Southern University at New OrleansBenjamin Akande, president of Champlain College and Westminster CollegeBabatunde Ogunnaike, dean of the College of Engineering at the University of DelawareJoseph Abiodun Balogun, dean of the College of Health Sciences at Chicago State UniversityIlesanmi Adesida, dean and professor emeritus of engineering at the Grainger College of Engineering (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), provost at Nazarbayev University (in Kazakhstan)Johnson O. Akinleye, chancellor of North Carolina Central UniversityImeIme Umana, president of Harvard Law ReviewNwando Achebe, Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the College of Social Science at Michigan State UniversityOkwui Enwezor, senior vice president of San Francisco Art InstituteJohn Dabiri, Centennial Chair Professor at California Institute of TechnologyAndrew Agwunobi, president of University of Connecticut

Business

Temie Giwa-Tubosun, founder of LifeBankKunle Olukotun, founder of Afara WebsystemsPearlena Igbokwe, chairman of Universal Studios Group (division of NBCUniversal)Jessica O. Matthews, venture capitalist and co-inventor of SoccketJohn O. Agwunobi, pediatrician, former fourth-star admiral of the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, former senior vice-president of Walmart, CEO of HerbalifeLazarus Angbazo, president and CEO of General Electric in NigeriaTayo Oviosu, founder and CEO of PagaNdubuisi Ekekwe, founder and CEO of First Atlantic Semiconductors & MicroelectronicsSoni Oyekan, CEO of Prafis Energy SolutionsBisi Ezerioha, automotive engineer, racecar driver, industrialist, and CEO of Bisimoto EngineeringAdebayo Alonge, founder and CEO of RxAll Inc.Nneka Egbujiobi, founder and CEO of Hello AfricaDarlington Onyeri, founder of D&Dee Global, Inc.Michael Boulos, business executive and partner of Tiffany TrumpAdebayo Ogunlesi, investment banker, Chairman and Managing Partner at Global Infrastructure PartnersMaya Horgan Famodu, venture capitalist and founder of IngressiveNgozi Okonjo-Iweala, economist at World BankMagnus L. Kpakol, Texas-based CEO and chairman of Economic and Business Strategies; former chief economic advisor to President Olusegun Obasanjo of NigeriaChris Aire, president of Solid 21 IncorporatedAngelica Nwandu, founder of The Shade RoomTiyan Alile, celebrity chef and restaurateurDami Kujembola, CEO of Amplify Africa Inc.

Don't make me bring out the UK list of notable British Nigerians. Again in that list your people won't be found.. grin

I know the number of Igbo names probably gave you a heart attack and will give you a few sleepless nights..

Are u Igbo, Yoruba or mixed?
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by nograv: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2021
gomojam:
Are u Igbo, Yoruba or mixed?
I am mixed yoruba and igbo..

Created out of love from those two peoples..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2021
SamNaijaboy:
Na you know. after all the gra gra, you will sha hand over power in 2023 or country splits up.
Then we will show you pepper. Barawo Banzas!

grin grin grin
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2021
nograv:

I am mixed yoruba and igbo..

Created out of love from those two peoples..
Nice. Kedu? Bawo ni?
What do u think of Southern Nigeria only country? Do u prefer Yoruba or Igbo only country? Do you really believe the core north adds no advantage to the mix? And what about the middlebelt?

Just curious.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by amc: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

Which billions where pumped ..or u believed the lies Nigeria pumped $16 billion into electricity during obasanjo ?

All our power budget throughout obasanjo no even reach half of that

If you don't know something, at least try and do some research before posting disinformation.

Ndidi Elumelu Fact Sheet - http://thenationonlineng.net/16b-nipp-funds-the-fact-sheet/

- The 2009 Report of the then Ndudi Elumelu panel was submitted to Bankole

- It said that $13.278bn was spent on power projects between 1999 and 2007

- CBN and the OAGF could not account for the whereabouts of $1bn

- Another $1bn for PHCN capital projects awarded between 2000 and 2007, which have been captured in the 2008 Appropriation Act
[/b]
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2021
onuman:

The bami Allahs in the region shall enable returns from the investment, abi? The most busy route in Nigeria - the east through Onitsha to Benin to Lagos- route has no railway lines.

Remember NITEL? NITEL invested heavily in the north but scarcely invested in the booming business cities in the south.

NITEL died.

How can traffic be less in the economic region that warehouses 55-60% of Nigerian GDP? Is it the once every Christmas trip you want to compare to heavy industrial activity taking place in Lagos and rest of SW, including the main artery of goods going to Northern Nigeria?
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2021
onuman:

You are the contractor, abi? Rebuilding of old narrow gauge tracks is what you are talking about, not standard gauge tracks.

Narrow gauge rail lines are outmoded.

Still better than leaving it abandoned and moribund like previous very competent governments left the rails. When finances improve, a standard gauge line can be considered. Is it not you people that said you can't wait or be patient? That all rail that took the colonial govts 30 years to build must be rebuilt by this incompetent Fulani man in 8 years. While the the competent past govts didn't have to do anything than share money.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2021
chaloskyx:
Feel the rail way to where exactly Niger? how many people actually need to go there or conduct businesses there?

What of the dozens of Nigerian villages towns, cities the rail will pass through before reaching Niger?
You don't care about Nigerian territory that will host 99% of the rail, just less than 1% to enter the next country and increase returns on the rail investment and earn additional port charges is paining your bigoted mind. What if the rail was going to Cameroon, it would then be a good idea?
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by nograv: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2021
gomojam:
Nice. Kedu? Bawo ni?
What do u think of Southern Nigeria only country? Do u prefer Yoruba or Igbo only country? Do you really believe the core north adds no advantage to the mix? And what about the middlebelt?

Just curious.

Hello to you too bros.. smiley Are you mixed too?

I think Southern Nigeria as a country would work without any issues. I am a product of those two peoples and the differences between either side of my family were never because of ethnicity, more because of character.

Any folks saying a Federal Republic of Southern Nigeria wouldn't work are typically from the North or Yoruba with Northern sympathies owing to religion.

Yoruba and Igbo may bicker, but rarely do disputes become acrimonious or violent. Both largely accept rule of law and if we act quickly enough, if the economy turns around, well educated Igbos and Yoruba in the diaspora would quickly return especially given the backdrop of western racism

When I call for the country to split, it is with a heavy heart. But when I see people being slaughtered across the South by herdsmen and the general decline of security in the nation due to Islamic terrorism; I have to accept we are better off separate. Add to that the general ethnic nepotism of Buhari's administration which reflects the attitude of Northerners in general, I can't see a decent way forward together...

There should be a referendum in the South as to whether they wish to split from the North. With a view to later referendums on a possible Oduduwa Republic or Biafra, if the desire for further breakup still continues. In truth without malign Northern influence, I think things would settle down very quickly, so calls for smaller states would subside.

As for the middle belt, they also need to be given a referendum on whether they wish to be part of Southern or Northern Nigeria. In all likelihood, they would choose the South. We all know how this would go down.

The only impediment is the North, because the economic consequences of such a split despite their protestations would be disastrous.. I wouldnt even be surprised if a coup is being planned by them for 2023..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mrvitalis(m): 10:56am On Jul 15, 2021
amc:

If you don't know something, at least try and do some research before posting disinformation.

It's impossible when Nigerian power budget sam period is not up to half of that
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2021
nograv:

Hello to you too bros.. smiley Are you mixed too?

I think Southern Nigeria as a country would work without any issues. I am a product of those two peoples and the differences between either side of my family were never because of ethnicity, more because of character.

Any folks saying a Federal Republic of Southern Nigeria wouldn't work are typically from the North or Yoruba with Northern sympathies owing to religion.

Yoruba and Igbo may bicker, but rarely do disputes become acrimonious or violent. Both largely accept rule of law and if we act quickly enough, if the economy turns around, well educated Igbos and Yoruba in the diaspora would quickly return especially given the backdrop of western racism

When I call for the country to split, it is with a heavy heart. But when I see people being slaughtered across the South by herdsmen and the general decline of security in the nation due to Islamic terrorism; I have to accept we are better off separate. Add to that the general ethnic nepotism of Buhari's administration which reflects the attitude of Northerners in general, I can't see a decent way forward together...

There should be a referendum in the South as to whether they wish to split from the North. With a view to later referendums on a possible Oduduwa Republic or Biafra, if the desire for further breakup still continues. In truth without malign Northern influence, I think things would settle down very quickly, so calls for smaller states would subside.

As for the middle belt, they also need to be given a referendum on whether they wish to be part of Southern or Northern Nigeria. In all likelihood, they would choose the South. We all know how this would go down.

The only impediment is the North, because the economic consequences of such a split despite their protestations would be disastrous.. I wouldnt even be surprised if a coup is being planned by them for 2023..

No. I am a full Yoruba from Ogun state. I am religiously mixed though, lol. Dad is a Christian and mum is a Muslim. I am a Muslim.

I appreciate your view sir. Thank u.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mapet: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
nograv:

It was at this line I realised you were a comedian... cheesy

I have worked abroad in both the US, Europe and Asia in finance. Across financial modelling, software engineering and trading. I am yet to meet a Northerner working in any gainful employment in these sectors.. I have met many a Yoruba or Igbo, but not one person from the North.. Mtchew lies..

This is how you give yourself away when you try to blow a trumpet of what you're not.... Are you the standard or reference of distribution Academics and Professionals of Northern extraction across the world? You come across as trying to sound as who you're not, stating vague or at best low level stages of profession
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mfm04622: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

We are not

Well, go and educate yourself. Go and search about the contract FG signed with Siemens. That agreement is already being implemented.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by nograv: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
mapet:

This is how you give yourself away when you try to blow a trumpet of what you're not.... Are you the standard or reference of distribution Academics and Professionals of Northern extraction across the world? You come across as trying to sound as who you're not, stating vague or at best low level stages of profession

The names in the list I provided speak for themselves, very few of the folks named were of Northern Extraction

As for me..

Educated in London for secondary school at an elite London school

I went to a Russell Group top 10 university

Undergrad Degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Masters in Computer Science

Worked at a large number of Fortune 500 companies, notably JP Morgan, UBS, Nomura and IBM

Income circa 250,000 GBP per annum and Assets in the tune of millions

Core specialisms in Finance are FX, Interest Rate Derivatives, Equities and Credit products
Technology specialisms SQL variants (Sybase, Oracle and MS SQL server), UNIX, Linux, React, Node JS, Java, JavaScript, TypeScript and MT4 C based trading language
I have also managed teams across two major investment banks.

You?

Btw I am not even the best or the brightest of the cohort of Nigerian boys I was educated with in London. Two of my Igbo peers launched multimillion pound companies in Britain. One of whom was even on TV with the prime minister extolling the virtues of one of the products his company developed.

There was only one Northern boy in our school group, he flunked his exams and turned to islamic extremism the last time I checked. I wasn't so across tribal divisions as a child, but the Igbo boys were very clear that they felt he wouldn't amount to much. To the Northern boy's shame he didn't fail to live up to their low expectations.

Even then I have never shown any malice towards northerners, as I said to others I feel we are too culturally different to share a nation. So lets go our separate ways. If your people do better than those in the South (which I doubt) more power to you..

Why do you want to be hitched to a people who you don't get along with? It makes no sense..
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mapet: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
nograv:

The names in the list I provided speak for themselves, very few of the folks named were of Northern Extraction

As for me..

Educated in London for secondary school at an elite London school

I went to a Russell Group top 10 university

Undergrad Degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Masters in Computer Science

Worked at a large number of Fortune 500 companies, notably JP Morgan, UBS, Nomura and IBM

Income circa 250,000 GBP per annum and Assets in the tune of millions

Core specialisms in Finance are FX, Interest Rate Derivatives, Equities and Credit products
Technology specialisms SQL variants (Sybase, Oracle and MS SQL server), UNIX, Linux, React, Node JS, Java, JavaScript, TypeScript and MT4 C based trading language
I have also managed teams across two major investment banks.

You?

Btw I am not even the best or the brightest of the cohort of Nigerian boys I was educated with in London. Two of my Igbo peers launched multimillion pound companies in Britain. One of whom was even on TV with the prime minister extolling the virtues of one of the products his company developed.

There was only one Northern boy in our school group, he flunked his exams and turned to islamic extremism the last time I checked. I wasn't so across tribal divisions as a child, but the Igbo boys were very clear that they felt he wouldn't amount to much. To the Northern boy's shame he didn't fail to live up to their low expectations.

Even then I have never shown any malice towards northerners, as I said to others I feel we are too culturally different to share a nation. So lets go our separate ways. If your people do better than those in the South (which I doubt) more power to you..

Why do you want to be hitched to a people who you don't get along with? It makes no sense..

Shey you've landed? If you have all you claim, then it's a huge shame that you also have this to booth

1. Over-bloated Ego
2. Inferiority Complex - WFT are we going to do about all the stated CV, fake stats and investment claims
3. Lack of Polish - You claim you're educated, yet you come across as brash wannabe
4. Intelligence and Emotional Balance - Your sense of judgement, arguments and submission ain't just it
5. Fear of God - Why derive pleasure in hatred and deriding other human beings because of where they come from?

Don't worry about me. I do not need to splash my "achievements" on NL for some fake accolades.... but one piece of advise - If all these qualification are not fake, nor what you choose to aspire to be, then be grateful for God's gift and be humble with it. You've not achieve anything special yet
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by nograv: 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
mapet:

Shey you've landed? If you have all you claim, then it's a huge shame that you also have this to booth

1. Over-bloated Ego
2. Inferiority Complex - WFT are we going to do about all the stated CV, fake stats and investment claims
3. Lack of Polish - You claim you're educated, yet you come across as brash wannabe
4. Intelligence and Emotional Balance - Your sense of judgement, arguments and submission ain't just it
5. Fear of God - Why derive pleasure in hatred and deriding other human beings because of where they come from?

Don't worry about me. I do not need to splash my "achievements" on NL for some fake accolades.... but one piece of advise - If all these qualification are not fake, nor what you choose to aspire to be, then be grateful for God's gift and be humble with it. You've not achieve anything special yet

I already said I wasnt the best. You asked I told you..

1. I dont have an ego as I love coding and computers that is all. I have loved programming since I was a child
2. Inferiority complex, hardly. I have led teams with Europeans, Indians, Chinese and even Jews. I have explained to other Nairalanders many times, that we shouldn't look up to other groups as we are just as capable as them
3. I haven't used any expletives or denigrated you in anyway. So that is just a strawman because you are triggered and getting emotional
4. Intelligence I think I am bright enough, I have gone to decent universities and colleges and competed comfortably with the best of them.
5. I already said I don't have malice towards to Northerners, I only said we shouldn't share a nation. I don't see why you are so upset?

Additionally the fact that terrorism, herdsmen banditry and ethnic nepotism have their origins in Northern populations isn't hatred it is fact.

I have done exactly what I have cited and nothing more. Feel free to ask me about the finer points of object orientated programming languages, why Java still is relevant for multi-threaded applications or about financial products and events such gamma squeeze which stems from increasing use of options by retail traders.

I am what I am, if it upsets you. That is your issue, not mine.

Not achieved anything yet? even amongst the Caucasians in the west, my achievements has put me in the 1% socioeconomically, so I am happy with that...

Beyond throwing insults do you have anything meaningful to add to this conversation...?
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
okoroemeka:
it is sychophants like you are contributing to the problems of this country,in that write up did you see a single southeast or South south city mentioned that will be linked with a railline ,is it a planned deliberate oversight?onitsha is the biggest market in Africa,aba is the hub of local manufacturing and fabrication,nnewi is an emerging maufacturing hub with gdp bigger than a whole northern region,portharcourt is the headquarters of oil and gas,onne,sapaele,warri,all are sea ports that are begging for a railline,yet this government in it's most nepotic and tribalistic choose to build a rail line in the desert to no were,

Where is the project in the scale of second Niger bridge in the region where this rail is being built? So all project funds must be expended in your region otherwise Nigeria is not fair? How can a people be this selfish? Or you expect the plan to link the premier seaport to major destinations of the country should wait because we have a region called SE.

Did onitsha become biggest market in Africa only in the last 6 years? Jonathan was not aware, Pius Anyim as SGF did not know, your people dominated the govt for nothing than self settlement.

You now expect people you hate, call incompetent who won control of government to start their development plan from your region first because they are foolish and clueless as you say? They should build the bridge your competent failed to build and bring all the remaining funds to start train in your region first before others see anything.
Selfish people!!
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

Niger GDP is less than that of imo state ...the transportation value of that route alone would take 201 years to repay that loan ...if we don't pay staff and maintain the rail and get free fuel

For a route that has freight traffic estimated at 30m tons of imported goods for Nigeria alone apart from food and other agricultural items traveling same route? The Niger republic extension is a mere 20 kilometers addition to the Lagos-Kano-Jibia railway to corner their import/exports market of Uranium. What does Imo produce for export that a mere 20km extension will capture? Where will that 20km rail start and where will it end in Imo?

I know you are fighting for your area, the best time was when you had people who understand the needs Imo better and had access to govt. When that scenario played out we their priority was not rail. Manage the second Niger bridge we are not sad you got that, we are happy for you, stop feeling sad when other parts of the country get something too. You can't corner everything to your area alone
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

How much does Abuja kaduna rail generate per month , whats the maintenance cost ?
How long would it take to pay back it's loan

Abuja kaduna rail is not even breaking even not to talk of making profit

Abuja-Kaduna railway is already generating 350m monthly after deducting all expenses. It will make even more as trains going to Kano start using the tracks. Even more revenue will come as trains all the way from Lagos start reaching Abuja to Kaduna and all the way to Kano.
And this can happen for upwards of 100 years. Even at today's rate and traffic it will generate 420bn more than the $850m invested. But will traffic and usage remain the same for 100 years?
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mrvitalis(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Abuja-Kaduna railway is already generating 350m monthly after deducting all expenses. It will make even more as trains going to Kano start using the tracks. Even more revenue will come as trains all the way from Lagos start reaching Abuja to Kaduna and all the way to Kano.
And what was the cost 850 million dollars

At that rate it would take 101 years to even break even not to make profit does that make any economic sense to you ?
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mrvitalis(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

For a route that has freight traffic estimated at 30m tons of imported goods for Nigeria alone apart from food and other agricultural items traveling same route? The Niger republic extension is a mere 20 kilometers addition to the Lagos-Kano-Jibia railway to corner their import/exports market of Uranium. What does Imo produce for export that a mere 20km extension will capture? Where will that 20km rail start and where will it end in Imo?

I know you are fighting for your area, the best time was when you had people who understand the needs Imo better and had access to govt. When that scenario played out we their priority was not rail. Manage the second Niger bridge we are not sad you got that, we are happy for you, stop feeling sad when other parts of the country get something too. You can't corner everything to your area alone
Imo produce human capital , people who can afford speed trans for a cost it would work well
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Imolastborn99:
Your papa shaa

Na lie you enjoy to they read
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Sholaco: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
This people are really developing their region cheesy. Wow, unlike the south, the most backward and greedy people, any development coming to them, they themselves would block it, castigate themselves
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

And what was the cost 850 million dollars

At that rate it would take 101 years to even break even not to make profit does that make any economic sense to you ?

You can ask Jonathan why he chose to start the Lagos-Kano-Jibia railway planned into segments from Abuja-Kaduna. I can't speak for him, nor am I privy to the information he has that informed that decision.
But it was 80% complete by the time he handed over power, it made sense to complete it and then commence the more lucrative Lagos Ibadan SGR segment.
All the segments when completed will generate far more when used together rather than calculating profit from each segment. When trains from Lagos start passing through Abuja-Kaduna. Passengers and freight originating from Kaduna to Lagos will not pay same amount like going to Abuja. These would increase the utilization of all segments than what you have today once all is completed and linked together. Only mischief makers will calculate the returns today from each segment to say see, we told you it's not viable.

It's even exasperating and a sad commentary that all these obvious facts needs to be explained. It shows the lack of objectivity in criticism.

There are plenty things to criticize in the entire project that would add value to the country. But this one you are doing is completely inappropriate because it's based on deliberate ignorance and politicking.

Do you calculate the profit the govt is making when it provides heavily subsidized university education? Where is the profit and loss for all the trillions the government has expended building, maintaining and rehabilitating expressways? Should we therefore not have constructed those roads if it won't generate cash into govt coffers?

Do you calculate the profit say for Enugu PH expressway, if they start and complete the Enugu Aba segment first? Do you say Enugu Aba is useless because port Harcourt is where the money is located? I just want you to see that you're driven by bigotry than anything else in all your commentary.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mrvitalis(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

You can ask Jonathan why he chose to start the Lagos-Kano-Jibia railway planned into segments from Abuja-Kaduna. I can't speak for him, nor am I privy to the information he has that informed that decision.
But it was 80% complete by the time he handed over power, it made sense to complete it and then commence the more lucrative Lagos Ibadan SGR segment.
All the segments when completed will generate far more when used together rather than calculating profit from each segment. When trains from Lagos start passing through Abuja-Kaduna. Passengers and freight originating from Kaduna to Lagos will not pay same amount like going to Abuja. These would increase the utilization of all segments than what you have today once all is completed and linked together. Only mischief makers will calculate the returns today from each segment to say see, we told you it's not viable.

It's even exasperating and a sad commentary that all these obvious facts needs to be explained. It shows the lack of objectivity in criticism.

There are plenty things to criticize in the entire project that would add value to the country. But this one you are doing is completely inappropriate because it's based on deliberate ignorance and politicking.

Do you calculate the profit the govt is making when it provides heavily subsidized university education? Where is the profit and loss for all the trillions the government has expended building, maintaining and rehabilitating expressways? Should we therefore not have constructed those roads if it won't generate cash into govt coffers?

Do you calculate the profit say for Enugu PH expressway, if they start and complete the Enugu Aba segment first? Do you say Enugu Aba is useless because port Harcourt is where the money is located? I just want you to see that you're driven by bigotry than anything else in all your commentary.
Aba supply 70% of the goods sold in port Harcourt so it's not even a joke ...the traffic between pH and aba is over 500,000 people a day don't even go their ..even at that speed rail is for develop Nations not a struggling country like us

Locomotive trains are ok for now
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

Imo produce human capital , people who can afford speed trans for a cost it would work well

Ordinarily I should end this conversation at this point if I have discussing with someone who thinks of viability of rail link in terms of passenger traffic alone. It indicates you can't process or understand the information I have shared so far.
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mrvitalis(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Ordinarily I should end this conversation at this point if I have discussing with someone who thinks of viability of rail link in terms of passenger traffic alone. It indicates you can't process or understand the information I have shared so far.
Oga the stats are available the transportation value between Niger and Nigeria trade is 9 million dollars that's the value of the transportation of the trade

Niger is a small country with a GDP smaller than imo

Lagos to owerri flight alone generate more than that

1 Like

Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Ovamboland(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

Oga the stats are available the transportation value between Niger and Nigeria trade is 9 million dollars that's the value of the transportation of the trade

Niger is a small country with a GDP smaller than imo

Lagos to owerri flight alone generate more than that

Wrong information, you keep throwing false statements here and there, that can't win argument.

The GDP of Niger is about $13.5bn, exports $1.9bn, imports $2.7bn mostly heavy freight.
If we carry the bulk of that goods on our railway even at 5% of the value of import/export that is $200m earnings, then port charges and dues will easily add another $100m to govt coffers. We are investing the $1.9bn in that project majority of the rail remain in Nigeria territory. Meaning within 6 years we would have full returns and can keep earning at increasing rate for the next 100 years.

Your criticism holds no water as you have shallow understanding of the subject matter
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by mrvitalis(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Wrong information, you keep throwing false statements here and there, that can't win argument.

The GDP of Niger is about $13.5bn, exports $1.9bn, imports $2.7bn mostly heavy freight.
If we carry the bulk of that goods on our railway even at 5% of the value of import/export that is $200m earnings, then port charges and dues will easily add another $100m to govt coffers. We are investing the $1.9bn in that project majority of the rail remain in Nigeria territory. Meaning within 6 years we would have full returns and can keep earning at increasing rate for the next 100 years.

Your criticism holds no water as you have shallow understanding of the subject matter
The basic mistake u keep making is one a bulk of their export is uranium which we lack capacity to transport and Nigeria trade volume with Niger is than $200 billion

2 ) exporting $200 million worth of goods your earning won't be more than 10% of that ,that's $20 million per freaking year ... maintainace ,staff and repairs would eat 70% of that

U are left with 6 million dollars as profit whivh I believe is impossible, I believe we would run at loss

At that rate na 316 years to break even
Re: The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance by Timmi: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrvitalis:

How much does Abuja kaduna rail generate per month , whats the maintenance cost ?
How long would it take to pay back it's loan

Abuja kaduna rail is not even breaking even not to talk of making profit

Those questions are for you to find out. Put your brain to work for a change. While at it, ask or research how much the airport your governor built costs and how much the State is getting from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ezeife Criticizes INEC, Says Tinubu’s Victory Won’t Stand / 'Return Our Stolen Mandate': Obidients' Protest, Pray At The Court Of Appeal / Probe Buhari Over Forged Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.