Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Public Rebuke Of False Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Public Rebuke Of False Prophets (6711 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2011
Beware Of False Teachers

"Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness" (II Peter 3:17).

Peter's final epistle, especially chapters 2 and 3, is the classic New Testament passage on the false teachers that would plague the church in the "last days" (3:3).  In addition to the characteristics listed in the introductory verse, 2:1 (e.g., slipping in surreptitiously heretical teachings, denying the redemptive work and Lordship of Christ), a number of their attributes are predicted for our guidance, as follows:

They will "wrest the Scriptures" (3:16), distorting their literal meaning to conform to their own philosophical preferences.  This will involve using "feigned words" (2:3)—that is, plastic words, words with devious meanings to make them say what their users wish to convey.  They may well be very eloquent and seductive in their speech, "when they speak great swelling words of vanity" (2:18).

They will deny the doctrine of special creation and the judgment of the worldwide Flood (3:5,6), teaching instead that "all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation" (3:4), and will scoff at the Second Coming.  They "despise government" and are "presumptuous" and "selfwilled . . . not afraid to speak evil of dignities" (2:10).

They both practice and defend immoral acts, "having eyes full of adultery" (2:14).  Yet they maintain their religious ties because they have hearts "exercised with covetous practices" (2:14), seeing nothing evil in taking money for personal gain from those whose faith they seek to undermine.

This is, indeed, a fitting description of many modern liberal theologians, religious bureaucrats in the big denominations, "New Age" preachers, college teachers of religion, etc.  Although this is not a pleasant subject, Christians urgently need to awaken to what is happening, and "beware!" HMM
For more . . . .
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15pm On May 11, 2011
Here you see one "MOG" rebuking another "MOG"

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN8y5o272zo?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

Who is the true "MOG" out of these two?
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Sweetnecta: 12:54am On May 12, 2011
After Prophet Jesus [as] [check your bible to know what i wrote <<<< and what i am writing next >>>>] there was a single 'true' prophet [AS] from God.

the rest ^^^^^ todd and co included are false prophets and they say other things than what Jesus said was the hallmark of 'true prophet' would say.

Jesus son of Mary is the christ is the test.

anything more than that is false. hence false prophets.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59am On May 12, 2011
An ex faith healer explains how they do it.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCJ9v_-aJho?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2011
Public Rebuke of Todd Bentley

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX4W2tVPjKg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2011
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2011
Todd Bentley says that he's had enough of giving credit to Jesus but now wants to give credit to Angel Emma

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPbLbydpDZg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2011
Any preacher preaches tithing as a mandatory christian obligation is most definitely a false prophet.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 12, 2011
^^^

Not very true ( sorry to say ) there are many preachers ( like in deeper life ) who innocently believe it is a bible doctrine.

Most I agree are false prophets, but for the innocent ones, lets pray that God will open their eyes to the truth like he did to us.

Take care Bro.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2011
@frosbel

Ignorance is no excuse, any preacher that preaches a false doctrine is either dubious or incompetent. Either way the preacher is not being guided by the holy spirit of truth hence my declaration they are all false prophets.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2011
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2011
God didn't ordain that we take one another's matter public . There is no biblical justification for what many do here on Nairaland. Church matters should be judged in the church.

1 Corinthians 6:1
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

Our work is restoration and prayer.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2011
Part 2 of Todd Bentley's violent "ministration"

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkEpQlL1GHo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Andrearose(f): 6:56pm On May 12, 2011
So you found him then? Todd Bentley going bonkers!!
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

God didn't ordain that we take one another's matter public . There is no biblical justification for what many do here on Nairaland. Church matters should be judged in the church.

1 Corinthians 6:1
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

Our work is restoration and prayer.

You would rather we pretend nothing is happening and sweep it under the carpet so that many more unsuspecting souls be damned, right?

"[11] And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.  [12] For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.  [13] But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever does make manifest is light.  [14] Wherefore he says, Awake you that sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light." -- Ephesians 5:11-14

Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On May 12, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Not very true ( sorry to say ) there are many preachers ( like in deeper life ) who innocently believe it is a bible doctrine.

Most I agree are false prophets, but for the innocent ones, lets pray that God will open their eyes to the truth like he did to us.

Take care Bro.

So you are in fellowship with one who doesn't believe in the infallibilty and inerrancy of Scriptures, who doesn't believe that Jesus is God nor does he believe in the Tri-une God?  And if you don't agree with his convictions but insist on dinning with him then watch out for those horns. wink

Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Andrearose(f): 7:10pm On May 12, 2011
All these tattoos, and dreadful they are, and the piercings were done post Todd Bentley becoming a Christian.  Even when he began in ministry he was clean shaven and very smart.  He has gone completely wampy.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2011
Andrearose:

So you found him then? Todd Bentley going bonkers!!

He cannot hide from God. It is my prayer that the scales will fall off and see the light of the glorious gospel, especially many who are still transfixed with his "ministrations"
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2011
Andrearose:

All these tattoos, and dreadful they are, and the piercings were done post Todd Bentley becoming a Christian.  Even when he began in ministry he was clean shaven and very smart.  He has gone completely wampy.

This is a serious warning for many of us that are still standing to "take heed lest we fall".  Click to see the tattoo epidemic that is invading the Chuch of Jesus Christ.

http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/todd-bentley-tattoos.htm
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by KunleOshob(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2011
Trust joagbaje to come out against exposing the wolves in the body of christ. Well I guess he must protect his vested interest.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

You would rather we pretend nothing is happening and sweep it under the carpet so that many more unsuspecting souls be damned, right?

You didn't supply enough information to justify these "exposure" . Is tod reading Nairaland? What is the purpose of such tale? Does it edify anybody or win a soul to christ?. The only thing you could have achieved is to stir the saints to pray for any person going over the edge. It should rather be presented in that spirit of intercession and not these latest gist of Nairaland.

Besides I would have love to know , does he have results with these extreme?. For example do people get healed or receive miracles.  Smith wigglesworth has some exteme faith demonstrations too ,but the result shows it was of God. He once punched someone with stomach pain and the pain left .he had raised some dead people before, but one occasion , He prayed for a dead man and the man didn't rise. Smith picked the body and threw the man against the wall ,he came alive!. Someone who had goitre came to smith , he pulled the goitre and it left. I don't just jump excitedly at every church story , it can be true or false . I work with proper information . I'm not taking side with bently, I don't know him and I don't admire such ministration but we should find out first if it's of God or the devil. And what is the purpose of such story? Sometimes we carry stories of people who made mistakes and have repented of them .
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Andrearose(f): 9:34pm On May 12, 2011
Well, I am uk, and I felt that I had to leave a certain church once, because guys who had recieved an "impartation" from Todd Bentley were coming to the church to pass on their special "impartation". The leaflet that we all received looked very good, and I was looking froward to it. However, inadvertantly, I came across Tod Bentley elsewhere, and was very grateful to have done so. When i further researched him, I was totally alarmed. I tried to warn the pastor, but he gave me short shrift. So I left of my own volition.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2011
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Nobody: 10:22am On May 13, 2011
Andrearose:

Well, I am uk, and I felt that I had to leave a certain church once, because guys who had recieved an "impartation" from Todd Bentley were coming to the church to pass on their special "impartation". The leaflet that we all received looked very good, and I was looking froward to it. However, inadvertantly, I came across Tod Bentley elsewhere, and was very grateful to have done so. When i further researched him, I was totally alarmed. I tried to warn the pastor, but he gave me short shrift. So I left of my own volition.

Dear sister, flee from those impostors, before they impart demons.

Christianity is a simplistic way of living in truthfulness to the word of GOD, when we read the book of the acts of the apostles and compare it to all the false doctrines today, such as weird spiritual manifestations, tithing, prosperity pimping etc etc, you can almost wonder in amazement whatever happened to the true gospel.

The last day church is indeed Babylon and is packed full of demons.

Revelation 18: And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On May 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

You didn't supply enough information to justify these "exposure" . Is tod reading Nairaland? What is the purpose of such tale? Does it edify anybody or win a soul to christ?. The only thing you could have achieved is to stir the saints to pray for any person going over the edge. It should rather be presented in that spirit of intercession and not these latest gist of Nairaland.

If you truly and sincerely wanted to find out the truth about Todd Bentley you know where to find it, but it is not likely that you are interested in knowing because you practise the same stock and trade. Why then should anyone expect you to rebuke him?  The Scriptures are not just for edifying the body of Christ is it is also for reproving and correcting genuine Christians so that they keep on the true and narrow way.

Joagbaje:

Besides I would have love to know , does he have results with these extreme?. For example do people get healed or receive miracles.  Smith wigglesworth has some exteme faith demonstrations too ,but the result shows it was of God. He once punched someone with stomach pain and the pain left .he had raised some dead people before, but one occasion , He prayed for a dead man and the man didn't rise. Smith picked the body and threw the man against the wall ,he came alive!. Someone who had goitre came to smith , he pulled the goitre and it left. I don't just jump excitedly at every church story , it can be true or false . I work with proper information . I'm not taking side with bently, I don't know him and I don't admire such ministration but we should find out first if it's of God or the devil. And what is the purpose of such story? Sometimes we carry stories of people who made mistakes and have repented of them .

This is why you and those who listen to you would easily get deceived and deceiving others.  To you, the end justifies the means.  It doesn't matter how the money comes in as long as the doe rolls in.  You see nothing wrong with a "MOG" saying that he no longer has to give the credit to Jesus for his miracles and healing but to start giving  the credit and the glory to the "angels of healing".  He said enough of Jesus in one of the clips but you will not see it.  And for his affair, divorce and remarriage you will certainly see nothing wrong with it because you are birds of the same feather.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by anukulapo: 10:54am On May 13, 2011
@poster:plenty true talks.

Bringing up cases against false teachers and preachers in this room is not the same as brethren going before an unbeliever in judgement, here,we have many believers and unbelievers as in any congregation under any roof. @ all:as many as want to know more as it relates to this subject,i recommend you read "who are you to judge" by Erwin W. Lutzer, if u can't lay your hands on one,i'll be glad to get you one.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 10:56am On May 13, 2011
LET BYGONE BE BYGONE

JOEL OSTEEN APOLOGISED.

Joel Osteen Apologizes for Larry King Appearance
In an open letter on his Web site, best-selling author and Texas preacher Joel Osteen has apologized for the way he conducted himself in an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live" on Monday, June 20. Osteen writes: . . .

It was never my desire or intention to leave any doubt as to what I believe and Whom I serve. I believe with all my heart that it is only through Christ that we have hope in eternal life. I regret and sincerely apologize that I was unclear on the very thing in which I have dedicated my life.

Jesus declared in John 14; I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. I believe that Jesus Christ alone is the only way to salvation. However, it wasn't until I had the opportunity to review the transcript of the interview that I realize I had not clearly stated that having a personal relationship with Jesus is the only way to heaven. It's about the individual's choice to follow Him.

It is important to note also that this incidence is over seven years ago. We should let go what God had forgotten. That doesn't make joel a false prophet.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Nobody: 11:07am On May 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

LET BYGONE BE BYGONE

JOEL OSTEEN APOLOGISED.

It is important to note also that this incidence is over seven years ago. We should let go what God had forgotten. That doesn't make joel a false prophet.

You are truly entrenched in the false gospel of these latter days, may God have mercy on you and remove the scales from your eyes.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2011
@frosbel
You guys rather need to have scales removed from your eyes. If you must dwell on people's past mistakes I think you guys should start from Abraham ,how he lied and Moses how he married an outsider and David how he killed a man an took his wife ,yet in all these mistakes God still called them righteous.

Start with them as the false prophets. Since that's the gospel you guys preach. It is Satan that dwell on people's past.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On May 13, 2011
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGPjFYdgJw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB[/flash]

Since most of you folks get your inspiration from these false prophets I hope you will learn a lesson or two of what you are getting yourselves into.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 12:23pm On May 13, 2011
It would have been more profitable to spend time preaching the gospel.

1 Peter 4:15
15 But let none of you suffer . . .as a busybody in other men's matters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis / God And Shoes.... / "Gele" Headwraps Banned By Enugu Church For Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.