Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,648 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (17964 Views)

2023: We Are Comfortable Supporting Atiku, PDP - Anambra Traditional Rulers / 2023: We Are Comfortable Supporting Atiku, PDP — Anambra Traditional Rulers / Anambra Guber: INEC Recognises Ozigbo As PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by powerfulguy: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
A Federal High Court in Awka has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to publish the name of Valentine Ozigbo as candidate of the PDP for the November 6 Anambra state governorship election.

Ozigbo, a former chief executive officer of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria, secured 62 votes to emerge as the standard-bearer of the party in the primary election which was held on Saturday, June 26, 2021, at Dora Akunyili Women Development Centre, Awka.

Ozigbo had approached a federal capital territory (FCT) high court in Maitama seeking an order restraining the PDP from “tampering” with his name as the authentic candidate.

He also sought an order “mandating” INEC to publish his name as the party’s candidate.

However, the court refused all the orders sort and ordered the electoral commission not to publish the name of any candidate for the PDP pending the determination of the motion on notice.

Consequently, INEC, excluded the candidate of the PDP from the list of cleared candidates for the poll.

But in a fresh order issued on Monday, Hyeladzira Nganjiwa, the judge in Awka, asked the electoral commission to publish Ozigbo’s name as PDP’s candidate, following the withdrawal of the suit at the FCT high court.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-court-orders-inec-to-list-ozigbo-as-pdp-anambra-guber-candidate

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by AkatConcept(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Interesting. INEC trying to stop PDP from contesting is unacceptable. I hope the best candidates win grin

Anyway, Do you have any Bitcoin or Giftcards to trade? Kindly Check my Bio

Trusted and Reliable �

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by temitope27(m): 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
[size=8pt][/size]Una wahala, next
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
AkatConcept:
Interesting. INEC trying to stop PDP from contesting is unacceptable. I hope the best candidates win grin

Anyway, Do you have any Bitcoin or Giftcards to trade? Kindly Check my Bio

Trusted and Reliable �
INEC is not stopping anybody from contesting.

The court stopped INEC from including his name

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Indispensable85(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
The inec I know will not obey the orders from any of the high courts in awka that reinstated both the pdp and apga candidates.

They need to get an order from the appeal court.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by lauryy(f): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
forget it who is loyal to the cabals rules ansmbara

1 Like

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by oneble: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
Confused set of people
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by XaintJoel20: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
More interesting days ahead as that election draws closer.
I hope the best will win.
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Mumusaphire: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
Life drama
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by sam564: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
politics in naija na scam!!!!! I dont alwys waste my strent on commenting on anything politics, it because I don't even have voters card since inception and I don't intend to have 1.....
guys don't insult me about not using my fundamental human ryt wen the fundamental neccesities of human is thrown to the gutter and strampled upon.....
God abeg give the jobless guys a miracle and let the husbandman be the first partaker! amen

I meeeuuuvvvveee
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by 900warriorz: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
This is Cubana week mbok...Other news are postponed till next week grin

I dey feel the cold from the money for Oba even for my Underground house for Maiduguri

God when?

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Sonnobax15(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
cool tho
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by lonecatt(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nigeria courts and their kangaroo rullings

Another court will still give a fresh conflicting rulling directing that his name be excluded.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by abobote: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Court and confusion. That was how the impose the hopeless hope on us
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by STEWpid(f): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Make the fire wave dey light up!

Let them fight and kill each other, wetinkon bemy hohn?

...they are sincerely fighting for their personal pocket and nuclear family.

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by tillaman(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
sad
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by aalejobss: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
grin
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by fergie001: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Indispensable85:
The inec I know will not obey the orders from any of the high courts in awka that reinstated both the pdp and apga candidates.

They need to get an order from the appeal court.
That of PDP was from Abuja.
The person who initiated the case, simply, withdrew it.
The PDP has no outstanding case of publishing-issue.

However, there are two cases outstanding for Ozigbo....one @ FHC, Awka and another @ the State High Court, both Courts have insisted to go into the substantial issue and not give injunctive reliefs. So, INEC will publish Ozigbo.

For APGA, it is most likely to be....COURT ORDER

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Ewedegubbler: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Supreme Court governor loading for Anambra

1 Like

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by adioolayi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
Na APGA Soludo issue remain...No back door anywhere anymore...it seems parties don wise now...Either you confirm, put your house in order or you lose to another party.

Court judgements don drive some sense into politicians by force grin grin
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Passionate888: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ok o
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Lovelyn451(f): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ozigbo...is he from Edo state?
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by tnewsr: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
adioolayi:
Na APGA Soludo issue remain...No back door anywhere anymore...it seems parties don wise now...Either you confirm, out your house in order or you lose to another party.

Court judgements drive some sense into politicians by force

The court will do the needful too. A fair contest is what we pray for. This may be a contest of the highest spender too. Incumbency factor, Federal might and spending may be a factor of interest.

We can help you with this too. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVqHB89IAkk
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by sameks08(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
make I carry my seat de watch this drama lawyer must chop
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by TalkTalkTwins(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by LordofNaija: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Everybody just dey buy judgement. Court go soon order inec to install one of the candidates as governor even before the election. This I have seen

1 Like

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Obakashdee(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Anambra jus Dey Dey confuse person like this almost all the political parties have internal crises and we think they will deliver after being elected! Confused nation

1 Like

Re: Court Orders INEC To List Ozigbo As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by HundredWays(m): 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
sam564:
politics in naija na scam!!!!! I dont alwys waste my strent on commenting on anything politics, it because I don't even have voters card since inception and I don't intend to have 1.....
guys don't insult me about not using my fundamental human ryt wen the fundamental neccesities of human is thrown to the gutter and strampled upon.....
God abeg give the jobless guys a miracle and let the husbandman be the first partaker! amen

I meeeuuuvvvveee

premium information that concern nobody undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Form Alliance To Defeat Tinubu, Atiku – Adeyanju Urges Peter Obi, Others / Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.