Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,385 members, 7,846,629 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep (4500 Views)

I Have A Feeling That My Wife Will Cheat On Me. Here's Why / My NYSC Girlfriend Wants Me To Pay Her Monthly Stipend / Why My Wife Will Never Go For Yoga Classes (See Shocking Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by LadySarah: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
If she has high financial expectations from her husband then she should find something doing to augment his income.What was her job while single or was marriage poverty alleviation for her? I really detest this entitlement mentality alota ladies display.

He earns a 110k.He gives you 50k aside buying the bulk of food items. No matter how bad the economy is, it should suffice. You still brought your bro (more responsibility) into the home.I'm sure the Op eats thank you too there.

If you ppl keep at it how will the man save for the incoming baby and it's accompanying expenses? His transport to work and projects in future.

Both of them Neva start.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Sammy07: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

My bro buyz the rice, oil garri ,yam, etc in bulk even bread daily...

Honestly am scared of marriage expenses if it's this costly to manage a home

Location matters.

In SW apart From lagos 50k is enough

In SS esp Port Harcourt and Anambra things are costly there.

No even go North.

Modified
The husband even Bought foodstuffs shocked shocked

Maybe the wife is giving the money out elsewhere grin
What do you think Bola146 grin

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
CharisEleos:

That's an additional mouth now.

Oh.. did you say "we" so you too are also there? Haba... Abeg tell your brother to double the upkeep sharp sharp Lol...

No..I have my own house oooo...I stay alone
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
Your brother wife should be thoroughly investigated o despite say him get belle. I remember in 2016 when i join the blogging stuff n started earning in dollars as extra side pay, i dey give my madam wen weitwasjustusalone 65k monthly aside buying other bulk foodstuffs at home. She no complain sef. Despite having many extended niece, cousins n nephews todasn money. She still manages n never refuse the mkney given despite knowing my salary n how much adsense ay me then.
Abeg ask her well. .perhaps She dey take care of her family or someone else.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Oracleforce: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
now the whole marriage thing is now a scam...50k is not enough for upkeep...probably the guy has seen this reg flag and he ignore it ....now.....
abeg, wetin consign me... that's his cross , let him carry it till death do him part.
bigpicture001:

She is not working yet...she finished NYSC last year...

the lady is not working. that is , she is a liability that doesnt add any value to your home...what she came to do is just eat, drink, sleep, talk, and have sex and go to an event or party

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Sammy07:

Location matters.

In SW apart From lagos 50k is enough

In SS esp Port Harcourt and Anambra things are costly there.

No even go North.

Modified
The husband even Bought foodstuffs shocked shocked

Maybe the wife is giving the money out elsewhere grin
What do you think Bola146 grin

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Executer: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
CharisEleos:

That's an additional mouth now.

Oh.. did you say "we" so you too are also there? Haba... Abeg tell your brother to double the upkeep sharp sharp Lol...
No be only double,he should just give her all his salary so that he will be wearing rags,have no savings for the child on the way and also trek to work.50k is not too big,but it is also not to small.
Any woman that knows what she is doing should be able to manage 50k judiciously

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Lamanii22(f): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
50k and there's is regular food at home and it's just both of them... Ahan... 50k is okay for me ooo

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Executer: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:

If it’s someone salary that doesn’t mean she should suffer, she’s not working, 50 is too small
Out of 110? Won't he buy fuel(if he has a car)
Won't he save?. remember they have a child on the way.if she can't manage 50k now,how much would she now be expecting when she gives birth?
We have to learn to cut our cloth accordingly

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Executer: 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
LadySarah:
If she has high financial expectations from her husband then she should find something doing to augment his income.What was her job while single or was marriage poverty alleviation for her? I really detest this entitlement mentality alota ladies display.

He earns a 110k.He gives you 50k aside buying the bulk of food items. No matter how bad the economy is, it should suffice. You still brought your bro (more responsibility) into the home.I'm sure the Op eats thank you too there.

If you ppl keep at it how will the man save for the incoming baby and it's accompanying expenses? His transport to work and projects in future.

Both of them Neva start.

You just beautifully articulated my thoughts
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Lamanii22(f): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:

So cooking soup only will be 10k weekly for two people cheesy cheesy cheesy like seriously Alakoba gidi ni e lipsrsealed Must you eat all your life with no savings ni? When a couple who doesn't earn up to #60k can manage that. Ko buru... Maybe she want to buy human hair and party clothes grin grin grin

She's probably comparing her mariral life with her friend's... Maybe her friends are telling her that their husbands give them 100k monthly and stuff.... 50k for me is more than okay plus major food's at home what else am I looking for... I will do ajo inside that 50k...

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by LadyRosa(f): 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:
..yes, it's new marriage life.. he works in the health sector and just had his marriage about 6months months ago ..but twice he has come to the house to express disgust over his wife's grudge of accepting 50k monthly for food upkeep of the house...with just the two of them and she is heavy with pregnancy

He buys all the durable food stuffs and still files out 50k monthly for the remaining to make food throughout the month.. he is just a middle class man..and I know the wife really well, she is not a money demanding lady while they courted...

Please does this mean 50k can't help a woman run a home these days even after buying all the heavyweight foodstuffs in bulk

Where is their location?
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Obakashdee(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Executer:

Out of 110? Won't he buy fuel(if he has a car)
Won't he save?. remember they have a child on the way.if she can't manage 50k now,how much would she now be expecting when she gives birth?
We have to learn to cut our cloth accordingly

Ohh I didn’t see where they said he earns 110, I thought since he was in the health sector he should earn 150 and above
Then 50 should be enough na
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by DAramis: 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
I think your brother should prepare a list of all the things they need and make out time to buy them himself. Then, cut the allowance to 10 thousand naira monthly. That is the only way your brother would know if that money is enough or not (but I am definitely sure it is more than enough).

The 10k should be for her personal upkeep like buying powder, cream, bathing soap, etc for herself or both of them. Since she can't manage 50k (which majority don't even earn as salary in Nigeria), she is definitely not a financially prudent lady.

Did she came from wealthy family? Most that do, hardly understand the economics of survival as an Ajekpako pikin or someone not born with any silver spoon.

NB: In this difficult time, any woman that refuses to buy foodstuffs in a major market where it is cheaper even if it means taking 200 naira transportation to that area, but prefer to buy from high end stores like shoprites or malls does not wish the husband well.
@bigpicture001.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by ibtommy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
It depends o. Prices of commodities have really gone up lately. Let them sit down and do proper planning. Good luck.

bigpicture001:
..yes, it's new marriage life.. he works in the health sector and just had his marriage about 6months months ago ..but twice he has come to the house to express disgust over his wife's grudge of accepting 50k monthly for food upkeep of the house...with just the two of them and she is heavy with pregnancy

He buys all the durable food stuffs and still files out 50k monthly for the remaining to make food throughout the month.. he is just a middle class man..and I know the wife really well, she is not a money demanding lady while they courted...

Please does this mean 50k can't help a woman run a home these days even after buying all the heavyweight foodstuffs in bulk
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by ibtommy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
God bless thee,ma kiss

placeofallure:

No, it's not scary to manage a home. Marriage is sweet when you have a great person to journey with. Things, especially food items, are really expensive these days. But if she won't be buying the main bulk things from the money, she can manage.

By my standard, for 2 people, that's even too much. Kini Jero mi nje? If I take #50k chop for one month, by half of the year, I don chop .3million naira food be that. Say wetin! I know what I could've invested in with that.

Now, she's not me, I'm not her.
Does she go to work? How often do they eat at home? Are they heavy eaters who must take 4 pieces of meat at once?
How often do they receive visitors? Those are the determining factors. I believe with a little adjustment here and there, she could manage and still have a little something to save in case of rainy days.
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Rhaspody(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
It all depends on the size of the family and how much the husband is earning. This is why i only date working class ladies
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by buzorcharles(m): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:
50k for wetin, won’t she spend also? Won’t she buy things and also save, is she working? Please 50k is too smal, let him make it 100k abeg

He is working for food only .

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Opus85(m): 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Imagining giving her half his salary for food upkeep plus buying most of the food items at home and she is complaining. Someone that is not contributing anything to the house except her vagina that made her pregnant.

All this people shouting 50k is not enough, how much do you people earn as salary or side hustle? Tell me how any families buys things in bulk in this country self. Once you buy things in bulk at home, that 50k should be enough for upkeep.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Ayo2004: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
All this married people always bringing their wahala,na we force u marry grin

Imagine a grown up woman insulting,frustrating a man for money or even telling him it is too small just because he put one yeye ring on her finger and she has her arms and legs intact.Men have really suffered,I advise any sensible man to japa from marriage.The fact that most women can't achieve much financially without collecting money from men in any way be it be prostitution or as a girlfriend,sugarbaby or wife is proof that marriage favours women

Babymama to the world grin
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by emilfischer(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
She should get a laptop and start to Hustle with it to get money instead of complaining.

She can get the one below.

Dell Latitude E6410
Processor: Intel corei5
Storage: 320gb HDD
Ram: 4gb
Supported memory: Sdxc, sdhc, MMC
Ports: hdmi,usb, vga
Webcam: Available
Wifi: available
Operating system: wins10
Good battery
Very clean
Warranty

Free delivery within Lagos; payment on delivery

Price: 90k

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by frozen70(f): 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

So if your brother gives her 50k. What's left of the remaining salary

He has to think twice, so what's the woman contributing even though she is pregnant

Tell your brother to prepare himself on how to fa e the family finances with the woman else he will carry the burden alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Misterone: 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

my friend, advise your brother not to allow this rubbish to stand. It is not whether the money is big or small but whether you are living within your means. Now your brother earns 110k, less 50k for feeding of just 2 persons, left 60k. Is 60k enough for house rent, transportation to and from work and other miscellaneous expenses unknown? Now it is just 2 of you. When you have children: school fees , hospital bills and other things would come in. Your brother is running into deep trouble. tell him now to be a man because later he would receive insult from the �same woman he tried to please.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by AuroraB(f): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
Michelle55:

Drop this sanctimonious act abegi, this is how you will be giving unverified advice as if you've tasted marriage before to know what goes on in there undecided person tell her husband say money no reach, you dey yarn dust. Are you her or is the woman your younger sis? All these pretence no go change anything, man wey go marry you here go still marry you so drop the act.[/b]

[b]Have you been to the market lately to know what is really going on, goods worth of 50k wouldn't fill up mini shopping bag unlike before when things are cheap and it's even more difficult seeing that she is expecting. A pregnant woman has cravings and she mustn't depend on her husband to get her those things when she can easily dip her hands into the monthly upkeep to get them, make you no dey yarn opata for here jare. undecided

An expectant mother can see a fine unisex clothes or shoes that she admires and would like to get it for her baby, are you expecting her to wait for her husband to get back from work before she can get it? Wait till you enter your home, then come back and tell us how you run it with 5naira. Save 30k for this Buhari period where person no fit cook pot of soup with 2k again, we hear you ma! Ala koba!
Thanks for putting her in her place grin
E don too much for her lipsrsealed
In her mind, 5k will cook soup and stew for each week cheesy cheesy cheesy
Onye oma Cy grin
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Savedday: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

In mosdii voice: They are all useless..... All of them!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Samcent: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
HalpyBee:
@op, you mentioned that your bro's salary is about 110k and he buys major foodstuffs and as well drops 50k monthly for upkeep. With that, only a small amount of money would be left.

Most people advising are not taking the man's income into consideration.
When you add house rent, fuelling for generator/car and miscellaneous expenses, the salary is gone, and the young man may even be in deficit.

The truth is that the couple must manage the 50k for food or they look for additional source of income.
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by AutoChick4U(f): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

He earns around 110k monthly.....bread is 600 naira here for a good one
An understanding wife ought to manage 50k. Make my man dey gimme such every month and I'll have more than 1m in a year

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by idahme(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:
50k for wetin, won’t she spend also? Won’t she buy things and also save, is she working? Please 50k is too smal, let him make it 100k abeg

Do you even know if the said person earns a little more than 100k?, the OP's bro is doing well. As for the expenses for food the money will go round, if the guy adds money he spent for buying large quantities of rice, garri and co its even more than the 100K you suggested. High blood pressure is real, men need lesser pressures of life to live long. OP tell your bro not to aggravate his blood pressure in geometric progression by thinking too much.
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Na why we say marriage na scam,your brother no receive the memo, never settle down with a woman without a job or future ambition, this is a new age, all that a man is the sole provider is bullcrap, fall in love but use your head.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by idahme(m): 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

He earns around 110k monthly.....bread is 600 naira here for a good one

Your bro should be very careful before he has health issues, it starts slowly in this manner. He is a good man, he gives out 45.5% pf his earning to hiss wife for food, buys other foods stuff in bulk and some other groceries daily from 54.5% of salary remaining. The one remaining will not be up to 35% and he is expected to budget for rent, transport, lunch at work, savings for side hustle and miscellaneous. In summary, that guy should not be stressed any further, lastly after birth your bro should encourage her to look for job or set up a business because experience has shown that some women who don't earn money are less likely to appreciate financial gesture from their spouse because they don't know what it takes to make money.
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by idahme(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
CharisEleos:
You're gradually releasing the truth. First you said it's only the two of them. Now you said the 14yr old brother is staying with them.

Anyways, the Money is not small but it's not that big considering the current
Inflation in the economy.

Now, by the time she'll buy other house hold items like soaps for laundary, bathing and some other condinments which may only last two weeks within the month, the money would have been exhausted.

Don't also forget her condition. pregnancy cravings and satifying them requires money which will still come from the same 50k.

I think your brother should consider her and add something to it. Naira no longer has value.

He should consider her? Hmm, when he gives out the 110 K who then pays the house rent? I guess he will go and borrow? In addition to the money , he buys other food stuff in bulk. The guy is a good man, in total he must have spent close to 60% plus a month just for food. That is why is not good to marry someone who is not earning, imagine the pressure the innocent dude will be going through because he is married.
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
idahme:

He should consider her? Hmm, when he gives out the 110 K who then pays the house rent? I guess he will go and borrow? In addition to the money , he buys other food stuff in bulk. The guy is a good man, in total he must have spent close to 60% plus a month just for food. That is why is not good to marry someone who is not earning, imagine the pressure the innocent dude will be going through because he is married.

I wonder why you're pitying him. He has the money.

If he doesn't spend on his wife, who will he now spend on?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Woman Caught On Camera Breast Feeding A Dog (VIDEO) / Why Do Most Black Men Hate Black Women? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.